Gamestop Power Saver Sale: 4/1-4/24

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#1501 dobedobedo

dobedobedo

Australopithecus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

I had some credit left over so I ended up going back to get MK vs DC.
None of the cases had the sale sticker on them so I had to ask about the price.

Despite all the bad things I've read about it, I'm actually very happy with it.
Posted Image

#1502 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

I wish that Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock with the guitar was a bit cheaper...I'd probably bite for $40 but not for $60

#1503 Duke

Duke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:46 PM

How does one go about requesting amazon to price match something? I've seen rumblings of it in this thread, people saying they submitted a price match and I am just curious.

#1504 neowizard87

neowizard87

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

How does one go about requesting amazon to price match something? I've seen rumblings of it in this thread, people saying they submitted a price match and I am just curious.

Halfway down an Amazon item page under Product Details look for "Tell us about a lower price"

#1505 Duke

Duke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

Halfway down an Amazon item page under Product Details look for "Tell us about a lower price"

Easy enough. Thank you.

#1506 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:17 PM

Oh wow just realized you could get DJ Hero 2 $25 shipped, I spent $22 total getting DJ Hero 1, I could have easily upgraded for $3! Ah well, I only need 1 DJ Hero game since they have different songs anyway, and I've got plenty of other games to play... (yes I am trying to make myself feel better :-#)

Where do you get it for $25?

#1507 peregrine879

peregrine879

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:21 PM

I love that this forum turned into a FAQ about Borderlands GOTY edition.

#1508 lockarm

lockarm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

fallout3 goty and boyland goty .. good luck

What's boyland? Google doesn't pick up anything.

#1509 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:34 PM

What's boyland? Google doesn't pick up anything.

The sequel to "Michael Jackson Experience" It is PS Move, Kinnect, and wii Motion Plus compatible.

#1510 C00K

C00K

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

I had some credit left over so I ended up going back to get MK vs DC.
None of the cases had the sale sticker on them so I had to ask about the price.

Despite all the bad things I've read about it, I'm actually very happy with it.

Was it $8.99 in store as well?

#1511 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:42 PM

Some Gamestop's do not have everything pulled. I picked up Castlevania used off the shelf and it still had $44.99 on it. Rang up much cheaper, obviously. :D
Posted Image

#1512 Elhaym

Elhaym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

Does anyone know on the B2G2 if there is a price limit? Or is it, buy any 2 and get any 2 free?

#1513 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

^you usually pay for the 2 pricey items and get the 2 cheapest for free.
or as they say equal of lesser value.

Wanna get pokemon games but $60 for 4 games is way too much
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#1514 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

Some Gamestop's do not have everything pulled. I picked up Castlevania used off the shelf and it still had $44.99 on it. Rang up much cheaper, obviously. :D

I picked up Castlevania (PS3), Majin (PS3), Qubed (360) and two copies of Borderlands GotY (PS3). The second copy of Borderlands is for my buddy's upcoming birthday. All games were new except Qubed.

Borderlands was not pulled and still had a $39.99 price tag. I took it up to the counter and told the clerk it was supposed to be part of the sale and sure enough it rang up as $19.99. He said "I guess we missed that one."

Now I'm not sure all Gamestops do this, and I know a lot of people complain about buying gutted copies. The only gutted copy I got yesterday was Majin because it was the last copy they had. They gave me sealed copies of the Borderlands games and Castlevania. The funny thing was that the copy of Castlevania I took up to the counter was a used copy, marked $26.99 I believe. But the clerk gave me a brand new sealed one and charged me the used price. LOL. I wasn't going to complain.

After discounts and my PUR card I only spent $77.75. Not too shabby.

#1515 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:29 PM

The sequel to "Michael Jackson Experience" It is PS Move, Kinnect, and wii Motion Plus compatible.

:lol: this is so disturbingly funny :applause:

#1516 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:29 PM

I picked up Castlevania (PS3), Majin (PS3), Qubed (360) and two copies of Borderlands GotY (PS3). The second copy of Borderlands is for my buddy's upcoming birthday. All games were new except Qubed.

Borderlands was not pulled and still had a $39.99 price tag. I took it up to the counter and told the clerk it was supposed to be part of the sale and sure enough it rang up as $19.99. He said "I guess we missed that one."

Now I'm not sure all Gamestops do this, and I know a lot of people complain about buying gutted copies. The only gutted copy I got yesterday was Majin because it was the last copy they had. They gave me sealed copies of the Borderlands games and Castlevania. The funny thing was that the copy of Castlevania I took up to the counter was a used copy, marked $26.99 I believe. But the clerk gave me a brand new sealed one and charged me the used price. LOL. I wasn't going to complain.

After discounts and my PUR card I only spent $77.75. Not too shabby.

Very nice! I got C:LoS and DJ Hero 2. Obviously the former was used, therefor gutted and the latter was new and not gutted, but more because it's a big 'ol box. They didn't have any new copies of C:LoS for the PS3 that I could find. They had one collector's for the 360.

Video games or building my models, tough choice this Sunday! XD
Posted Image

#1517 wune

wune

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

So anybody know when the B2G1 deal is? OP says this week but when does it start?

#1518 Slappybob

Slappybob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:56 PM

So anybody know when the B2G1 deal is? OP says this week but when does it start?

Not sure About the B2G1 on all used games and accessories, but on April 18th they are doing a B2G2 on all PS2, gamecube and GBA games.
The Douchebag Porpoise does not save drowning sailors, it just mocks them as they struggle. What a jerk!

Posted Image
Currently playing:
:360: Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands
:xbox: Mechwarrior
:ps2: Final Fantasy X
:psp: Legend of Heroes
:pc: Portal

#1519 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:59 PM

Hopefully soon. I saw 4 titles I want to pick up but I'm going to wait until the sale. Fallout 3 GoTY is FINALLY at my price point of $20. I know GoHastings had it a little while ago but I despise their business practices so I don't shop there unless they have some insane deal that I won't be able to get somewhere else and usually when that happens they just cancel the order because it's a pricing mistake anyway.

#1520 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

The OP will be updated once it's known. So nothing yet so far.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#1521 Sk

Sk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

does fallout 3 require precision? i saw few videos and noticed that it got slow motion stuff for aiming, and i'm wondering if i should get it for 360, or wait for steam sale for pc.
i plan on upgrading my pc few months later.

No it does not. You pretty much shoot where ever. Their also is a turn based system in the game. Typically, the head does the most damage and the rest of the body is rated in the 80-90% damage range (depending on the gun/weapon, and the distance). Fallout doesn't control at all like an FPS, it's more tank like and sluggish. That might throw off some FPS games. Also the action is way slower passed. If you don't like the FPS controls you can play in 3rd person or use the turn based combat system. The only down side to 3rd person mode is you might not see certain traps or loot (everything scales down in size) and most things are tiny or hidden in dark areas.

Personally though, I think borderlands is way better. They both play similarly except borderlands controls like a FPS and the story is not as deep or good as Fallout 3. Gameplay wise, I like borderlands loads more.

#1522 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

grabbed guitar hero on tour for 5 bucks because....well...why the hell not?

#1523 Sweet Tooth

Sweet Tooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

just called my gamestop asking about the b2g1 sale.. They said they hadnt received any info about it (but my GS hires a new employee almost every other day it seems like)

#1524 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

Talked to the store manager here and she confirmed it would start the 18th and run to the 24th for both the buy 2 get 2 on PS2/Gamecube etc and buy 2 get 1 on other used items. She let me see the email for it.

#1525 shadowofthetoaster

shadowofthetoaster

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

Scribblenauts with Super Scribblenauts Bundle - Save $20!

Called my local GS, dude said he hadn't heard anything about this bundle. Online only?

#1526 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:00 PM

Scribblenauts with Super Scribblenauts Bundle - Save $20!

Called my local GS, dude said he hadn't heard anything about this bundle. Online only?

come on bro, just go to the store and find out. My guess is the lazy ass employee hadn't done the deal yet, and $100 bucks on it promo packages out when they hit total. Call him back and have him scan both games into the system like he is doing the actual sale..

grabbed guitar hero on tour for 5 bucks because....well...why the hell not?

haha, I did the same thing, but got the 'Decades' bundle. Wanted the regular On Tour, but all they had was a used cart for $3. Not realizing the game doesn't even come in a case w/ manual in the bundle, I should have got the copy, I don't think they even released the game w/o the bundle (?) Whats funny is it is the On Tour bundles are the cheapest of the sale when you are actually getting something nice and probably the only peripheral you'll ever own for a DS or DS Lite..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#1527 Nathan_Sama

Nathan_Sama

I'm backwards compatable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

As soon as I clicked submit order on the website for DJ hero 2 with a turntable bundle, the site told me sorry, that item is OOS. Fuck.
I guess I'll just order DJ hero 2 disc only used, and a standalone turntable for the same price.

#1528 jimivegas

jimivegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:07 PM

I want to buy borderlands so the age old question is ps3 or 360 version??? Help im about to pull the trigger but don't know which to get. And I'm planning on picking up monster hunter freedom unite for psp? Is it any good? Thanks in advance cag!

#1529 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Here's the :ps3: version with voucher cover looks like, sorry I could not rotate the image, the picture was taken on my phone.

WEll Like I stated a bit back. Mine is the exact case yet my disc has all the DLC on it.

#1530 Dead_Batteries

Dead_Batteries

Voltaic Pile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

I want to buy borderlands so the age old question is ps3 or 360 version??? Help im about to pull the trigger but don't know which to get. And I'm planning on picking up monster hunter freedom unite for psp? Is it any good? Thanks in advance cag!

I bought borderlands for the ps3 (since I don't have a 360). As for Monster Hunter, I love the game. You will spend more than a 1000 hours on it.