Gamestop Power Saver Sale: 4/1-4/24

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#1621 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

I purchased Borderlands GOTY edition via Gamestop online. My shipment order stated that my Xbox 360 version shipped with 2 discs. So, it looks like Gamestop is selling the disc DLC version of the game. I also ordered it for PS3, will see if it comes on the disc or on a voucher. Both are out for delivery today!

#1622 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

Went to turn in Borderlands and see if they are doing the extra 50% credit next week.

Didn't confirm it, just said there were stipulations and that it was "up to 50%" for multiple trade in's (1-10%,2-20%,etc).

Held off, might trade it in with Amazon, then use the credit when they price match Gamestop.

#1623 ragtop70

ragtop70

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

Anyone know if Fallout NV has ever been fixed on disc? If it's only been patched online I'm out of luck.

#1624 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:32 PM

Sure wish Amazon would match on Fallout 3 GOTY... I'd love to skip out on the sales tax.

Technically you need to be reporting online purchases and pay the sales tax as part of any tax filing you may be required to do. Protip...

#1625 artrus

artrus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:48 PM

Technically you need to be reporting online purchases and pay the sales tax as part of any tax filing you may be required to do. Protip...

thanks buzzkillington

Posted Image

#1626 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

buzz killington>over humongous fucking image

jesus man, lol
Posted Image

#1627 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

I ordered 3 games online and then noticed Borderlands was also on sale. It says you can alter an order before it ships, but I couldn't add it to my order, so I placed an additional order of the same 3 games and added Borderlands to the new order.

Went to cancel the original order of 3 games and uh-oh, "Server Problems" you cannot cancel your order. Please call. So I called, and they were closed 2 hours before the time stated on the website (yes, taking into account time zones).

So I emailed them to cancel the original order, but get an email back that it cannot be cancelled because it's been boxed and it's about to ship- that was 3 days ago and the order is still listed as "open" when I check on it.

It's not that big of a deal, I'll just return the original order to a local store and lose nothing but my time, but it's shady that the website works perfectly fine to place orders, then 10 seconds later you can't cancel something online because of "server problems" (that apparently don't effect ordering) and the customer service line won't let you cancel an order.

I blame myself for dealing with such a shitty company. If a single "new" game comes gutted, I'm returning everything. But knowing Gamestop, they'll want to display the cases on the warehouse wall and keep the discs in the shipping office.

#1628 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

Went to one GS and the Borderlands 360 GOTY was on the normal shelf at 39.99....took a shot at a different GS and found one in the sale bin at $20 :D

it would have rung up 19.99, the 39.99 you saw.
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#1629 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

Just got my Borderlands from GameStop.com, It's the 2 Disc version and even has the Duke Nukem Beta. Can't complain, only took 3 days to get here with free shipping, granted they don't deliver on Sundays :bouncy:
:argue::boxing::twoguns::whee:=;:-k:-$:fridge::-({|=:applause:

#1630 cheapnpoor

cheapnpoor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

Thank you OP. I don't check this site often, but I'm glad I did last week. Pick up PS3 Borderlands GOTY & Fallout 3 GOTY on their website.

For anyone still wondering:

Borderlands GOTY -- Arrived in new I think (shrink-wrap has the x shape). DLC is included on the disc, which said "Game And Add-On Contect Disc.

Fallout 3 GOTY -- Not sure if it's gutted . It came with the Slipcover in great condition. The tape had already been cut at the bottom. The shrink-wrap on the case is definitely resealed (not sure if that's originally from factory). It still has that new smell when I open it, and no scratches or fingerprints on the disc.

I'm very happy with purchase (even though I hate gamestop and their practice).

#1631 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

Does anyone know? if i buy used game from gs.
they send me case,manual too? or just CD ?
i want some ps2 games..

#1632 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:30 PM

i want some ps2 games..

They will probably send you just the game but you can go trade it in to a store proper which is what I always do.

#1633 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

i want some ps2 games..

It's random. I ordered 3 PS2 games back in December, 2 were complete (came with art/case/manual), someone had written in one of the manuals.. and the 3rd game had just the cover art + case, but the art insert had too much damage to it, half of it was rubbed off somehow.

You can always return the games to a local store if you want, but don't get your hopes up.

#1634 Koat

Koat

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

i want some ps2 games..

It varies.
Expect to get just the disc and if it comes with the case and manual be happy.

#1635 dkleinfeld

dkleinfeld

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:21 PM

If I didn't already own Rez and E4, that Qubed price would be amazing...

#1636 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

Does anyone know if I could stack coupons on the b2g2 sale in the store?

#1637 bficky

bficky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:41 PM

I’m glad to see that others do the “buy from many stores then return and rebuy to get the B2G1Free” method of getting the games you want for the correct price. I’ve done this a few times, and I’ve never had an issue.

I picked up Enslaved (used, PS3) for $11.69+tax, but now with the B2G1Free coming up, I’m trying to figure out what I want to do. I’d also really like to get Majin (used, PS3), but the GS I went to yesterday didn’t have it, and they claimed that the used version was $26.99, which I find very hard to believe (I’ll assume it’s $12.99). I don’t have another $12.99 game to match with those two, but there are a few $17.99 games I kinda want (probably PoP:TFS). But with the B2G1Free sale a few weeks away, I’ll miss my 7 day return window if I try to hold onto Enslaved, and I’d feel bad about stringing Enslaved along for over two weeks (return the one I have now after 7 days, immediately buy it again, return it again, buy it again, etc). I could take a chance that I’d be able to find Enslaved again, return my copy now, then wait until the B2G1Free sale and get Enslaved, Majin, and PoP (assuming they’ll all be in stock) all for $27.88. That, or just keep my Enslaved and look to pick up Majin for another $11.69. Two games for $23.38, or take a risk and attempt to get a third game for only $4.50 more. What do you think?

(Yes, I know I’m insane for fretting over this when all these games are so damn cheap anyway, but I’m kinda nuts like that.)

#1638 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

quick question, does gamestop open all their "new" games? cuz i want new (and by new i dont mean never played, i mean actually new)

#1639 SSJMies

SSJMies

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

For those who bought Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3 new: Was your game case wrapped in thick plastic, and your cardboard sleeve outside it (i.e., not wrapped)? Mine's also taped at the bottom. Just wondering if this was the norm or not. Thanks.

#1640 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:56 PM

For those who bought Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3 new: Was your game case wrapped in thick plastic, and your cardboard sleeve outside it (i.e., not wrapped)? Mine's also taped at the bottom. Just wondering if this was the norm or not. Thanks.

that should be the norm, i've never seen a game wit the cardboard sealed in too
edit: sorry, meant sleeve lol

#1641 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:58 PM

quick question, does gamestop open all their "new" games? cuz i want new (and by new i dont mean never played, i mean actually new)

They do most of the time, both online and in-store games (annoying as hell if you ask me). I think we all have had a discussion at some point with a GS employee of what a 'New' game actually is (hint: a gutted copy isn't new)

So if having the game in the original shrink wrap is important to you, keep away from GS
Posted Image

#1642 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:02 PM

They do most of the time, both online and in-store games (annoying as hell if you ask me). I think we all have had a discussion at some point with a GS employee of what a 'New' game actually is (hint: a gutted copy isn't new)

So if having the game in the original shrink wrap is important to you, keep away from GS

*sighs* i really have a lot of issues with gamestop... this is y i've gone to them 3 times in the last... 2-3 years, twice for a preorder (one they screwed up badly but in my favor, and once they didnt even tell me my dragon age signature edition came in... so... thats gone) and then today, where apparently i need a state id to purchase M games??? wat???

#1643 urallgyots

urallgyots

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:24 PM

just got borderlands goty and ninja gaiden sigma 2 in the mail, both brand new and appears to be in its original shrink wrap. The quality of both games seems to be brand new so I dont think it was resealed

thanks OP. I also got another copy of borderlands for my buddy but the in store one was gutted

#1644 CharREX

CharREX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:30 PM

I believe it depends on where you live. I never received a gutted copy as new from all of the gamestops i been through in my area

#1645 robbyH

robbyH

The King of EVILLLLL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:35 PM

The GS clerk told me that there would be two B2G1 used events during the power up sale.

#1646 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:37 PM

My order of borderlands goty just shipped. I ordered the PS3 version so hopefully I get the one with the dlc on the disc. I have been hearing people getting the 360 version with it on the disc but I have not heard very much about the PS3 version. I will report back when I receive my copy.

CBrownsT10.png

#1647 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:59 PM

mortal kombat vs dc (ps3) NEW for $10 is back in stock if anyone interested.

#1648 cheapnpoor

cheapnpoor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:14 PM

My order of borderlands goty just shipped. I ordered the PS3 version so hopefully I get the one with the dlc on the disc. I have been hearing people getting the 360 version with it on the disc but I have not heard very much about the PS3 version. I will report back when I receive my copy.

I got mine today in the mail, it's included on the disc, didn't have any voucher except for the duke nukem demo. Wish you luck with your copy.

Btw, anyone know if Fallout 3 GOTY is a gutted copy or a new one. This is couple of posts back #1642. I'm just curious.

Thanks.

#1649 urallgyots

urallgyots

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:16 PM

you'll get the one with the content on the disc. Everyone else who bought it online (including myself) got that version so I dont see why you shouldnt

#1650 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:16 PM

I don't know if they're just trying not to lose sales for the current sale, but my Gamestop said there will be no B2G1 promotion for the current sale.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock