Gamestop Power Saver Sale: 4/1-4/24

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#1651 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:49 PM

I don't know if they're just trying not to lose sales for the current sale, but my Gamestop said there will be no B2G1 promotion for the current sale.

I spoke with a manager today as I started to move things I may want to a single location and when I asked him if a B2G1 was coming soon he said, "I can't comment on that at all" with a huge smile on his face. "I wonder how you heard about that?" he later added. Just said I've been to a bunch of gamestops in the past week (switching my greatest hits stuff to regular for various games I have) and was told by other employees which is actually true.
Posted Image

#1652 iluvmywife

iluvmywife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:02 AM

quick question, does gamestop open all their "new" games? cuz i want new (and by new i dont mean never played, i mean actually new)

I bought a FO:NV CE set that was new and still factory sealed. I also bought FO3 GOTY edition which was not sealed. I ask for a refund for the FO3. The FO NV CE was a really good deal for $29.

I don't hate GS nor its employees but I will not stand for an open game when I buy new.

If the game is not sealed and new then no thanks GS, I will simply shop elsewhere and get a new sealed game when I buy a new game.

#1653 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:06 AM

Since I picked up FO3 GOTY the other day, I went back and got NV for 20. Still sealed, had the "Do not sell before 10/17/10" or whatever date sticker on it, and came with the classic pack DLC inside. Pretty good deal.

#1654 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:24 AM

Can't believe I missed blazblue, I saw it earlier but for some reason though it wouldn't go live until this week (I thought it was for b2g1). Is there any chance that stores would have it at $12.99, or is it pretty much online only?

Hopefully gamestops near me doesn't get hit hard during b2g2, wanna stock up on old ps2 and gamecube games I have missed.

#1655 unc13 buck

unc13 buck

MainelyCAGGIN'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:28 AM

B2g1 on used games is actually going to start on the 7th for PUR members.

#1656 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:30 AM

B2g1 on used games is actually going to start on the 7th for PUR members.

Where did you get this? I want to get all the games I want and price adjust it when the deal starts.

#1657 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:32 AM

quick question, does gamestop open all their "new" games? cuz i want new (and by new i dont mean never played, i mean actually new)

No they don't. After I went to a few GameStops, I kinda understand why they do it: they want to put the games on the floor, so they take out the discs to keep people from shoplifting them. Considering that some locations are tiny and not a lot of ways to block someone who really wants to steal something, I can understand those stores gutting the new copies. But even the ones where it would be more difficult to do follow the same practice.

Fact is, most of the new copies of newer games are kept behind the counter, with placeholders up front.

#1658 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:32 AM

so they are going to have B2G1 this upcoming week and then B2G2 the week after? I think someone said this same thing earlier which makes sense from a business perspective. Fucking GS, trying to maximize profits on me when I'm trying to clear out local PS2 inventory. I was stocking up my local stores to nail them during B2G2 to finish up my PS2 collection.
Posted Image

#1659 unc13 buck

unc13 buck

MainelyCAGGIN'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:33 AM

Where did you get this? I want to get all the games I want and price adjust it when the deal starts.

A bird told me.

#1660 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:33 AM

where apparently i need a state id to purchase M games??? wat???

This isn't new, its a law, you have to prove you're of age to purchase a mature rated game. Every brick and mortar store I have bought an M rated game from I have had to show my ID, the ramifications of selling an M rated game to someone under age isn't pretty. This is no different than purchasing alcohol or cigarettes. Instead of bitching about it, flash your ID and move on.

#1661 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:39 AM

Does anyone know if the B2G1 works with PUR? I want more free Microsoft points.

#1662 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:52 AM

No they don't. After I went to a few GameStops, I kinda understand why they do it: they want to put the games on the floor, so they take out the discs to keep people from shoplifting them. Considering that some locations are tiny and not a lot of ways to block someone who really wants to steal something, I can understand those stores gutting the new copies. But even the ones where it would be more difficult to do follow the same practice.

Fact is, most of the new copies of newer games are kept behind the counter, with placeholders up front.

yea, but the employee i talked to said that they reseal it and thats not something I want, thanks tho :D i understand but its annoyin nonetheless

This isn't new, its a law, you have to prove you're of age to purchase a mature rated game. Every brick and mortar store I have bought an M rated game from I have had to show my ID, the ramifications of selling an M rated game to someone under age isn't pretty. This is no different than purchasing alcohol or cigarettes. Instead of bitching about it, flash your ID and move on.

oh really? thanks for pointing out the obvious, i know its a law, but is it a law to require a STATE id? no, its a law to prove ur age with an id of some sorts, i used to be able to use a student id, as long as it had my pic and age, now i cant, thats what i meant, so don't talk about me bitchin when u misunderstood my post

#1663 KMoney33

KMoney33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:53 AM

Got my Borderlands GOTY New and enslaved (Used) and of course the used game didn't have the original box/boxart/manual and it came with the stupid ass gamestop default cases! I hate that! I am so OCD about my cases haha going to try and see if a gamestop will give me the correct case.

#1664 cheapa$$

cheapa$$

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:05 AM

Got my Borderlands GOTY New and enslaved (Used) and of course the used game didn't have the original box/boxart/manual and it came with the stupid ass gamestop default cases! I hate that! I am so OCD about my cases haha going to try and see if a gamestop will give me the correct case.

Similar thing happend to me, got my shipment in and all the used games were good except Time Crisis Razing Storm which didn't have the cover art. Trying to decide whether I should attempt to print a cover or just buy a used copy at Gamestop b&m and than retun the one with the missing cover art box to them and keep the one with the cover.
Posted Image

#1665 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:13 AM

Similar thing happend to me, got my shipment in and all the used games were good except Time Crisis Razing Storm which didn't have the cover art. Trying to decide whether I should attempt to print a cover or just buy a used copy at Gamestop b&m and than retun the one with the missing cover art box to them and keep the one with the cover.

Twin Snakes and Eternal Darkness just came as disks in gamestop cases (and twin snakes was badly scratched; second disk wouldn't load.) I had to go to so many gamestops to fix this that it hurts to think about it. Wasn't a total waste of gas though, decided to replace all my greatest hits games and preemptively get black label :360: assassin's creed and fallout 3 copies since I was pretty sure those coming from AWD would be platinum hits (and they were :) )
Posted Image

#1666 nhatkthanh

nhatkthanh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:22 AM

Is everyone copy of Fallout 3 GoTY from GS.com look like resealed? I think that's the way it was sealed originally correct?

#1667 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:30 AM

Picked up Enslaved for $12.99 (used) - 10% for PUR. Game/box/manual all like new.

Wanted quite a few other games; but can't help but think most the ones I want I'll be able to find for a fair bit less over the next year. Games like Castlevania.

They had Blazblue for $12.99 and Monster Hunter FU for $9.99. Wanted both of those; but think I'd rather just splurge a few bucks more and get another 3DS game or 999. I dunno...

Also put $5 down for SOCOM, mainly because the guy working was super cool and helpful, and they're doing a midnight. But now I'm debating if I want to change my PO for the Move Bundle of SOCOM... Decisions decisions...

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#1668 cheapnpoor

cheapnpoor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:39 AM

Is everyone copy of Fallout 3 GoTY from GS.com look like resealed? I think that's the way it was sealed originally correct?

Mine's resealed also, but not sure if that's the original packaging. It has that new smell though and condition it's perfect.

Did your came with a slipcover with tape already cut at the bottom?

#1669 johnmstewart

johnmstewart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:50 AM

glad I bought MK vs DC...well worth 10 bucks.
Click the Picture to see My TradeList!

Posted Image

#1670 unc13 buck

unc13 buck

MainelyCAGGIN'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:51 AM

yea, but the employee i talked to said that they reseal it and thats not something I want, thanks tho :D i understand but its annoyin nonetheless

oh really? thanks for pointing out the obvious, i know its a law, but is it a law to require a STATE id? no, its a law to prove ur age with an id of some sorts, i used to be able to use a student id, as long as it had my pic and age, now i cant, thats what i meant, so don't talk about me bitchin when u misunderstood my post

Why don't you join the rest of the world and get a damn license then you wouldn't have these problems.

#1671 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:51 AM

I got mine today in the mail, it's included on the disc, didn't have any voucher except for the duke nukem demo. Wish you luck with your copy.

you'll get the one with the content on the disc. Everyone else who bought it online (including myself) got that version so I dont see why you shouldnt

Thanks for the info! Now I am very excited. I almost cancelled because of the amazon price match (I have a lot credit over there) but I think it was 50/50 there on whether or not you would get it on disc.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1672 jbLighty

jbLighty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:04 AM

I went to pick up black ops for ps3 but they didn't have it in stock. I saw the xbox 360 version for $44.99 with power saver. Do I have to have some type of card to cash to take advantage of this deal store? I would have asked the employee but was in a rush for my first day of spring quarter :roll:
Posted Image

#1673 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:13 AM

I went to pick up black ops for ps3 but they didn't have it in stock. I saw the xbox 360 version for $44.99 with power saver. Do I have to have some type of card to cash to take advantage of this deal store? I would have asked the employee but was in a rush for my first day of spring quarter :roll:

power saver is the name of this sale. so no, you wouldn't need a card for that price. But you could get an additional 10 percent off used games (off of the sale price of 44.99) if you did get the card, which I always say no to as I don't go to gamestop enough, so I can't tell you how it worl.

#1674 DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:13 AM

picked up GTA IV complete collection today for PS3. I traded in games for the first time in over 5 years and was surprised at the amount i got, less than if i could sell them all but worth it and nothing to hassle.

Great forum for PS Vita information: www.psvitaforum.com

United States Navy

#1675 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:21 AM

Why don't you join the rest of the world and get a damn license then you wouldn't have these problems.

y dont u stop actin so high and mighty? i was just talkin about the stupid rule that it has to be a state id when in the past it never was, and please, don't use exaggerations when u want to try superior, it just makes u seem like a douche

#1676 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:23 AM

Can't believe I missed blazblue, I saw it earlier but for some reason though it wouldn't go live until this week (I thought it was for b2g1). Is there any chance that stores would have it at $12.99, or is it pretty much online only?

Right now GS.com is sold out so I'd recommend calling your local GameStop(s) to see if they have it in stock. The one I got was in really nice shape (YMMV on that) and wasn't marked as part of the sale but it rang up as the sale price.

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#1677 hidannik

hidannik

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:23 AM

I think I've figured out what happened. When I checked out, I added the second item, then when I got to shipment options all of them showed $0.00, so of course I chose the fastest one - overnight. And later I saw the $10 handling charge.

After your post, I put the same items in my basket again, and this time when I got to shipping options the interface looked a little different, and only the slowest shipping option showed a zero charge. Each of the others showed an increasing charge up to overnight, which was $10.

So it's my fault. I should have disbelieved the pop-up window that told me all the shipping options were $0.00 (too good to be true), and played with the shipping options until I found one where the "handling" charge was zero as well.

Silly me for thinking Gamestop wouldn't have a gotcha in there to deceive and ensnare the unwary.

Hans

I have ordered from GameStop online with various free shipping options many, many times now (including an order in the current sale with the free shipping on two or more items offer), and I've never seen this happen. Are you sure that you didn't select some other weird option, or expedited shipping, or something like that at some point while placing your order?

#1678 nhatkthanh

nhatkthanh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:27 AM

Mine's resealed also, but not sure if that's the original packaging. It has that new smell though and condition it's perfect.

Did your came with a slipcover with tape already cut at the bottom?

Yep, the game is perfect, although the disc does say something like greatest hit, even though the box does not.

#1679 unc13 buck

unc13 buck

MainelyCAGGIN'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:30 AM

y dont u stop actin so high and mighty? i was just talkin about the stupid rule that it has to be a state id when in the past it never was, and please, don't use exaggerations when u want to try superior, it just makes u seem like a douche

Please stop typing like an lolcat.

#1680 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:42 AM

Actually, Gamestops have always requested a state ID for trade-ins or rated M games. At least in the New York area without fault.

It's much easier to forge a school ID (because theres so many schools) rather than a state id.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock