Xenoblade Chronicles available now in Europe

Cao Cao

CAGiversary!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425989

This news was confirmed when Nintendo of UK put up a web page for Xenoblade Chronicles. According to the PR in the NeoGAF post, English and Japanese voice tracks are included. IIRC, the importers' reactions to the Japanese version were generally quite positive. We'll probably need to wait until E3 to see whether NoA will follow in NoE's footsteps.

Here's an old Japanese trailer that gives a 6-minute overview of the game's systems:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQppye_A7yg

Absolutely unbelievable. I had lost all hope. If NOA doesn't bring this over (a very possible scenario considering Disaster, by the same developer, did not come out here), I am definitely importing.

Holy fucking shit. Also will be importing day 1, since I have no faith in Reggie "Disaster: Day of Crisis sucks" Fils-Aime.

NOA, do not fail me on this one, bring this Stateside damnit! I will be so fucking pissed off if Europe gets this one and we don't.

Anyway, even if NOA decides to fuck up as usual, at least I can import it now and have it in English. Whew! And I was thinking there was a good chance this was not coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
The more I'm reading on NeoGAF, the more I'm becoming inpatient with NOA's fucking incompetence. Mark my words, if this does not come Stateside, I may actually smash my Wii into a million pieces. And video tape it for the lulz (which sounds entertaining actually). It's just pure bullshit that the only Wii title announced for U.S. release this year is Zelda: Skyward Sword which is coming out...someday.

And even then, I could give a flying fuck about it. NOA has sucked balls these last few years, at least I can have confidence that NOE is much better in catering to their core audiences. This would mark the third Wii game I would have to import with the assumption Xenoblade wouldn't come Stateside (The first two being Zangeki no Reginleiv and Another Code R. I can understand the former, but the latter?)

Now I really hate the fact 3DS is region-locked and can be remote-bricked via firmware update if you try to play imports on it. :(

Anyway,

Still Nintendo is the last company I expected to include dual audio.

Funny Nintendo always had Mundo (the original name) on their release list. It seems to be it is just the fanboy overreacting to the lack of news. I guess we will have the same thing with Last Story's US release.

Edit: Now the fanboy are saying no Layton 4 without any real evidences.

[quote name='M-PG71C']The more I'm reading on NeoGAF, the more I'm becoming inpatient with NOA's fucking incompetence. Mark my words, if this does not come Stateside, I may actually smash my Wii into a million pieces. And video tape it for the lulz (which sounds entertaining actually). It's just pure bullshit that the only Wii title announced for U.S. release this year is Zelda: Skyward Sword which is coming out...someday.

And even then, I could give a flying fuck about it. NOA has sucked balls these last few years, at least I can have confidence that NOE is much better in catering to their core audiences. This would mark the third Wii game I would have to import with the assumption Xenoblade wouldn't come Stateside (The first two being Zangeki no Reginleiv and Another Code R. I can understand the former, but the latter?)

Now I really hate the fact 3DS is region-locked and can be remote-bricked via firmware update if you try to play imports on it. :(

Anyway, [/QUOTE]

The content is A+++ (lulz and NOA ball sucking), and the direction is generally positive. I'm excited to learn more about the author's adventures.

[quote name='62t']Funny Nintendo always had Mundo (the original name) on their release list. It seems to be it is just the fanboy overreacting to the lack of news. I guess we will have the same thing with Last Story's US release.[/QUOTE]
It's "Monado," and that release list is pretty unreliable since Line Attack Heroes is still on it. Line Attack Heroes was changed to a WiiWare title long ago.

[quote name='M-PG71C']Now I really hate the fact 3DS is region-locked and can be remote-bricked via firmware update if you try to play imports on it. :(
[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why Nintendo is going backwards with this region-locking shit. Both the PS3 and PSP are both region free for games and it works just fine. All the Game Boys and original DSes were region-free. Why the fuck do they have to do this region-locking bullshit? It doesn't prevent piracy, it doesn't do shit except make hardcore gamers, the only people who actually import games, angry. It's also bullshit because my husband knows Japanese and so if he wants to import a game before it comes out here (like he did with DQ9) we'd have to buy a second 3DS. fuck that shit.

@ dothog

Yay :D

@ 62t

That's how I feel honestly. Every system goes through droughts, especially this generation. but I think this may very well take the cake. Not surprisingly though. Oh well, I got plenty of catching up on my DS/PSP/3DS/PS3 so whatever.

I have only bought one Wii game this year (Mario Sports Mix) and while I did legitimately enjoy it quite a bit...it reminds me of the GameCube era suddenly.

[quote name='62t']so Nintendo announced 2 games today. Wii Play: Motion is just the game we are looking for.[/QUOTE]

Oh god I was going to post this. This is really all I can say about this:
:wall:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Oh god I was going to post this. This is really all I can say about this:
:wall:[/QUOTE]

At least it's not a sequel to Wii Music....although I'm sure it'll come before the year is out. :applause:

The thing is, a sequel to Wii Play probably will sell more than Xenoblade.

That being said, I still think that something like Xenoblade would be better served with a big announcement at E3. If it doesn't get announced at E3, it probably won't at all.

[quote name='TheLongshot']The thing is, a sequel to Wii Play probably will sell more than Xenoblade.

That being said, I still think that something like Xenoblade would be better served with a big announcement at E3. If it doesn't get announced at E3, it probably won't at all.[/QUOTE]

It was never going to be announced anywhere but E3. I don't know why some of you people love setting yourselves up for disappointment. Must be a fetish or something.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']It was never going to be announced anywhere but E3. I don't know why some of you people love setting yourselves up for disappointment. Must be a fetish or something.[/QUOTE]
NoE certainly didn't have to wait for a big event to make the announcement.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I don't understand why Nintendo is going backwards with this region-locking shit. Both the PS3 and PSP are both region free for games and it works just fine. All the Game Boys and original DSes were region-free. Why the fuck do they have to do this region-locking bullshit? It doesn't prevent piracy, it doesn't do shit except make hardcore gamers, the only people who actually import games, angry. It's also bullshit because my husband knows Japanese and so if he wants to import a game before it comes out here (like he did with DQ9) we'd have to buy a second 3DS. fuck that shit.[/QUOTE]

Why would you want an American 3DS anyway? Consider all the awesome Doujin Shmup's that everyone is talking about that are available on the Japanese marketplace. By contrast look at the comparative shit the American one offers.
The Japanese just get better offerings overall, that includes the hit titles here.

As for the PS3, thank you region free and I have "Wangan Midnight". Suck it whatever hodgepodge of American owners have the rights here for it! Buying region rights doesn't mean you bought my sale by any means. Bring your a-game and drop your stupidity at the door and we can talk.

[quote name='pete5883']NoE certainly didn't have to wait for a big event to make the announcement.[/QUOTE]

E3 is in America. Not Europe. NoE has no event coming up to announce the game unlike NoA and E3.

I'd love to try out Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower... If they end up not coming stateside at all, I might consider importing European & Japanese Wiis in order to play such games rather than region-unlocking my Wii via software (yes, it'd save me a great deal of money but I just don't like having my stuff modded).

Out of curiosity, will I be able to compete or view European/Japanese content online via their respective channels or would such Net access be blocked?

Thought I'd bump this to mention the Operation Rainfall event that's been going on since yesterday. Basically, Xenoblade/TLS/Pandora's Tower supporters from a wide array of gaming sites have organized into a coalition to get higher visibility for their cause. While I doubt their efforts will amount to anything, I'm just desperate enough for these games to be released in NA to give it a try and encourage others to do so.

So far there have been two main prongs of attack: a.) like/follow Nintendo on Facebook/Twitter and respond to every new post/update/whatever with a message in support of releasing these games. A post they made about the next Mario & Sonic game racked up over 1300 replies asking for Xenoblade/TLS in the span of a day and it's still going up. I suppose that's impressive by Facebook standards, I have no idea.

b.) Preorder Monado: Beginning of the World on Amazon in an effort to get it as high in the sales rankings as possible. As of this post it's the #1 Wii game and #9 overall. Just don't preorder if you really don't intend to buy and don't preorder 99 copies to artificially jack up the numbers.

There's an official Operation Rainfall site with some form letters and such, but it's all kind of amateur and doesn't serve any meaningful purpose yet, so if you're desperate enough to do the Facebook/Amazon thing I'd recommend just sticking to that for now. I guess that these kind of tactics helped Tales of Graces F be localized, though Nintendo is a much larger, faceless, more stubborn beast so who knows.

Monado is the original English name for Xenoblade, and it's $60 because that's the placeholder listing Amazon's had for two or three years.

I don't say this often, but Nintendo is stupid for not localizing this game. It looks amazing, I bet if they brought it over here and did commercials like they did for DQIX it would sell like hotcakes.

1pGXb.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/posts/126089684142160
My personal boycott of NOA begins now. If I absolutely have to buy a NOA game or console, it will be used, and only if it's a game I absolutely must have. They will not get a penny of my money unless they stop this bullshit.

Still not sure if I want to boycott new third-party games. I wanted to get Solatorobo to support Xseed, but I know a portion of the sale price will go to these dickheads. So it's something I'm debating. Xseed could really use the support though. :(

Nintendo just keeps taking the biggest dumps possible on it's fans. I already vowed not to buy their consoles/games new because of Mother 3, I hope this convinces more gamers to turn away from a company that obviously doesn't care about us.

Chewbacca's Abortion;8615908 said:
Nintendo just keeps taking the biggest dumps possible on it's fans. I already vowed not to buy their consoles/games new because of Mother 3, I hope this convinces more gamers to turn away from a company that obviously doesn't care about us.

Nintendo stopped caring about it's fans a long time ago. They're too busy having their dicks sucked by old people and out of shape soccer moms.

But if it's coming out in Europe, at least we can import it and understand WTF they're saying.

You can be disappointed in me, my little manicotti, but you know what I'm getting at, where I'd go with it, etc etc.

[quote name='Strell']You can be disappointed in me, my little manicotti, but you know what I'm getting at, where I'd go with it, etc etc.[/QUOTE]

I know you're a big Nintendo fan but man... I am sick of them and yes, I am boycotting NOA. Won't be a huge loss since I don't give a hoot about Zelda, Mario, etc, and they aren't localizing any of the games I want anyway. How the mighty have fallen from when I was a 7 year old girl and first got into videogames.

Will definitely be importing this and Last Story from Europe, and will import Pandora's Tower as well if it gets a Europe release.

I guess I just want to ask *who is* localizing games these days outside of Atlus, and maybe the weird curveball here and there from not-Atlus companies.

Ignition and XSeed I guess? And aren't they going down in flames right now respectively?

For what it's worth, this has nothing to do with Nintendo, and more to do with the fact that it's a business decision, but I'm pretty sure if I carry on this line of reasoning much further, the "fanboy" comments will start, so I don't feel much need to really keep this up.

An all-digital-download stance would probably go a loooooooooooooong way to solving this problem, but everyone here complains about that, some arguments being logical and valid, but at this point I fail to see how anyone can really start on some tangent that's wrought with subjective frameworks when they know it all comes back to, *ding,* money.

But whatever. I won't criticize the actions because I've got no right or ground to that, but I'll gladly comment when I see some foolhardiness up ins.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I know you're a big Nintendo fan but man... I am sick of them and yes, I am boycotting NOA. Won't be a huge loss since I don't give a hoot about Zelda, Mario, etc, and they aren't localizing any of the games I want anyway. How the mighty have fallen from when I was a 7 year old girl and first got into videogames.

Will definitely be importing this and Last Story from Europe, and will import Pandora's Tower as well if it gets a Europe release.[/QUOTE]

Are you passing on Dragon Quest Monster Joker 2 since it is not the professional version?

[quote name='62t']Are you passing on Dragon Quest Monster Joker 2 since it is not the professional version?[/QUOTE]

No, I'm passing on DQMJ2 because I don't really want it (and now, because it's being published by NOA). The first one was okay, but I'm not really interested in this one even though it's supposed to be an improvement. The non-Professional edition is just icing on the shit cake.

[quote name='Strell']I guess I just want to ask *who is* localizing games these days outside of Atlus, and maybe the weird curveball here and there from not-Atlus companies.

Ignition and XSeed I guess? And aren't they going down in flames right now respectively?

For what it's worth, this has nothing to do with Nintendo, and more to do with the fact that it's a business decision, but I'm pretty sure if I carry on this line of reasoning much further, the "fanboy" comments will start, so I don't feel much need to really keep this up.

An all-digital-download stance would probably go a loooooooooooooong way to solving this problem, but everyone here complains about that, some arguments being logical and valid, but at this point I fail to see how anyone can really start on some tangent that's wrought with subjective frameworks when they know it all comes back to, *ding,* money.

But whatever. I won't criticize the actions because I've got no right or ground to that, but I'll gladly comment when I see some foolhardiness up ins.[/QUOTE]

Don't even talk about Ignition, they suck ass. NISA (who I also have a boycott on, which I broke only for the release of Sakura Taisen 5), Aksys, and Xseed are the main players who localize niche games in addition to Atlus. Someone on NeoGAF in the Rainfall thread posted that Atlus approached Nintendo about localizing Mother 3, but they turned them away. I am sure that Atlus, Aksys, or Xseed would be more than willing to step in to localize these games, but Nintendo simply won't let anyone localize the games they refuse to localize. That's what makes it even worse. MS and Sony (and even Scamco!) will allow others to localize games they pass on; Nintendo simply won't in this generation. They allowed Cubivore to be localized by a third-party, but they haven't allowed third-parties to localize anything from this era. Allowing someone else to localize wouldn't cost them a dime; hell, the localization company would be PAYING Nintendo for rights. So why not allow this? Because they're dicks.

Xenoblade in particular isn't even really a niche title; the Xenosaga series sold a lot more in NA compared to Japan. And slap "FROM THE CREATOR OF FINAL FANTASY!" on Last Story and you'd get some sales from that alone. NOA is more than able to appropriately market these games so they'd turn a profit (see DQ9); they're just not willing, even though they are already being localized for Europe. The only costs NOA would have would be marketing and production. I find it very hard to believe they couldn't turn a profit on these games. They just don't want to make the effort. Why? Because they're dicks.

I'm going to ask for a source on the Atlus/Mother 3 story. I've never heard that before.

The rest of your post I can take or leave, because there's good bits sprinkled in with the usual backlash I'm seeing right now versus some ill made comparisons, but on the whole it's not exactly incorrect.

I seem to remember a lot of chatter on starmen.net about Atlus approaching Nintendo to license M3. There were even official e-mail responses from Atlus IIRC. Nintendo just doesn't like licensing it's games.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Xenoblade in particular isn't even really a niche title; the Xenosaga series sold a lot more in NA compared to Japan. And slap "FROM THE CREATOR OF FINAL FANTASY!" on Last Story and you'd get some sales from that alone. NOA is more than able to appropriately market these games so they'd turn a profit (see DQ9); they're just not willing, even though they are already being localized for Europe. The only costs NOA would have would be marketing and production. I find it very hard to believe they couldn't turn a profit on these games. They just don't want to make the effort. Why? Because they're dicks.[/QUOTE]

Reggie doesn't seem like the type of guy who wants base hits. It's either strike out or slam it out of the park for him, it seems. Shame.

[quote name='Strell']I'm going to ask for a source on the Atlus/Mother 3 story. I've never heard that before.[/QUOTE]

http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Games/Mother3/29305

This would be a non-issue if Nintendo would just change their ridiculous policy and allow 3rd parties to publish the games they pass on. Atlus found great success with Demon's Souls, where SCEA would have failed hard. The little Natsumes and NISAs and XSEEDs of the world somehow survive by creating equally expensive localizations for games with far less appeal than Xenoblade & TLS.

It's not like XB isn't great: 36/40 from Famitsu, #1 RPG of this gen on mk2.net, etc. It's not like Xeno-games don't sell in the US: the Xenosaga series sold millions. If NoA were to bundle either of these games with a demo for Zelda SS and advertise this fact, they'd make their money back in, what, a week?

I hope this will at least stop defensive Nintendo fans from complaining that people hate the company for no reason. They've blocked my favorite developer's games from being released in America by buying them out. It doesn't really get worse than that.

Edit: According to some GAFfer in the know, NOA had Treehouse completely localize Soma Bringer and then didn't release it. wtf?

Ah, corporate stupidity, how intimately we have come to know each other over the last few months.

How much do you want to bet that the new Zelda will come with a mandatory system update that will brick the Wiis that have been unlocked to play the games that NoA won't allow us to?

bread's done
Back