Photo
- - - - -

Xenoblade Chronicles available now in Europe

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#181 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:17 AM

Pretty fucking awesome: killing a unique 5 levels above me as well as two underlings who were also a few levels above me. Melia makes it a lot easier to do that.

One dumb part of the game: Certain uniques seem to aggro you no matter what level you are. I'm 80 and some dude who's level 30 decides to attack me.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#182 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:51 AM

Pretty fucking awesome: killing a unique 5 levels above me as well as two underlings who were also a few levels above me. Melia makes it a lot easier to do that.

One dumb part of the game: Certain uniques seem to aggro you no matter what level you are. I'm 80 and some dude who's level 30 decides to attack me.

There are many monsters who will aggro you regardless, depending on their hostility.

I didn't kill any of the really powerful uniques. I really wanted to kill that level 85 giant (something Gonzales was his name I think) just outside of the area you use to shortcut through to the Colony 6 mines.

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#183 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

Man there are so goddamn many endgame quests to do. And a lot of them have enemies in the 90s involved, so I can't even touch them yet. Kind of sucks. :/ I might level up a couple more times, then go and beat the game, and come back and do more questing after that.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#184 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:24 PM

Man there are so goddamn many endgame quests to do. And a lot of them have enemies in the 90s involved, so I can't even touch them yet. Kind of sucks. :/ I might level up a couple more times, then go and beat the game, and come back and do more questing after that.

Well, if you wanna finish the game 100%, you'll have to do it in one play through. Quests aren't carried over in the New Game+ mode. I wonder how much grinding is required to get to level 99 in one play through...

This game really needed a guide but considering how huge it is, they would probably have to make it 1000 pages. I just ordered the artbook for this game, hopefully it comes soon.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#185 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:27 AM

Oh I am well aware of how nothing carries over. And I don't think a lot of grinding is required considering many, many quests involve enemies in the 90s.... But yeah, I think I'm just going to beat the game and then reload my save and do anything else I want then. I'm level 81-82 and I'm wondering if that'll be enough...
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#186 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:52 AM

I beat the game at level 65, I don't think you'll have much trouble.;)

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#187 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:09 AM

I beat the game at level 65, I don't think you'll have much trouble.;)

That can't be real. The final boss is level 83 dude.

At the final boss right now. My guys gained 1-2 levels getting there, now everyone's 82-84. But seriously, the last part of the final dungeon...

Posted Image
So fucking amazing.

EDIT: Just beat it. 131 hours on my last save. :lol:

Edited by Dead of Knight, 03 October 2011 - 02:12 AM.

RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#188 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:23 AM

I don't know what to say. He wasn't that hard if you know when to use Monado Shield vs Monado Armor but I didn't think his level was shown..? I could have sworn his level was just listed as "?". Now,
Spoiler

In regards to the ending,
Spoiler

Now the wait behinds for The Last Story.:-k

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#189 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

His level is not shown. Somehow people figured it out. And interesting, I found
Spoiler

I'll post more about the ending later, need to continue getting ready for work.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#190 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:33 AM

About the ending:
Spoiler

RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#191 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:02 AM

About the ending:

Spoiler

Yeah, I didn't like it when they first introduced it (it was really out of the blue) but they tied it up nicely and didn't let it obstruct the overall story/ending. They're definitely a talented studio though their efforts seem wasted with Nintendo (can you imagine this game on the PS3/360?). I finished Xenosaga III a few months ago and that was an awesome game (though the first two weren't that great) and now I'm seriously thinking about given Baten Kaitos another try as that game has fairly vocal group of fans.

First Radiant Historia and now this game- can't remember the last time two A+ RPGs were released in one year (not since the PS1 days?).

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#192 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:18 AM

My hype died down a bit after release because I didn't have the time to start it. You guys are killing me here.

#193 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:03 AM

My hype died down a bit after release because I didn't have the time to start it. You guys are killing me here.

Ahh good lead-in to my post then. If you think that's bad then you'll love this...

Nintendo Europe confirms that Last Story and Pandora's Tower are on the way...(got this in my email, btw, when I signed up for NOE Club Nintendo when I registered Xenoblade and got my free soundtrack, they send me updates now on new products and promotions like this, another smack to the face of NOA)

Posted Image

Posted Image
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#194 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:17 AM

Ahh good lead-in to my post then. If you think that's bad then you'll love this...

Nintendo Europe confirms that Last Story and Pandora's Tower are on the way...(got this in my email, btw, when I signed up for NOE Club Nintendo when I registered Xenoblade and got my free soundtrack, they send me updates now on new products and promotions like this, another smack to the face of NOA)

There's a good chance that NoA (good meaning 10-15%, that's about as good as it gets with these dumbasses) will release The Last Story here... and if they do, I'm honestly not sure what I would do. On one hand, I'd rather support NoE because they actually listen to their fans. On the other hand, if sales for TLS are poor, NoA will probably never bother with a risky title again.

Additionally, I'm not sure if you guys have noticed or not but some retailers are sold out of Xenoblade again.:)

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#195 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:47 AM

There's a good chance that NoA (good meaning 10-15%, that's about as good as it gets with these dumbasses) will release The Last Story here... and if they do, I'm honestly not sure what I would do. On one hand, I'd rather support NoE because they actually listen to their fans. On the other hand, if sales for TLS are poor, NoA will probably never bother with a risky title again.

Additionally, I'm not sure if you guys have noticed or not but some retailers are sold out of Xenoblade again.:)

No haven't been paying much attention to the UK marketplace for the game. I'm glad to see it selling so well for NOE, if we're lucky after we get the other two they might actually take a chance on Earth Seeker too. (as long as they let people actually know they are releasing it and giving it some hype)

If I believed NOA would do right by Last Story, I'd probably get it from them, thing is, I don't think they'll do a decent localization and more to the point even bother to release it even with the sales figures NOE got with Xenoblade.

And that's NOA's fault for playing it "safe" and not giving the fans what they wanted to begin with, that just gives them whatever they want to say bad about Wii sales and the lack of support from the core gamers because they aren't taking what they are giving. Should've been a case of good will, irregardless of sales, but now I bet their eating crow because of this missed opportunity (they know if they did do a US release, most people who imported would NOT buy it out of spite and then we're back to step 1, as you already pointed out)

Not going to continue on this line since everyone here pretty much knows what I think about NOA's leadership in the last decade and how poor its been. (if you need more proof, just look at the mass exodus of executives in the last 5 years to see what I'm talking about and the major snafu of moving the marketing team to NY, NY from Redmond, WA) The hits keep on a comin' from NOA. (and I'm not referencing the hit games either) ;)
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#196 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

uncle5555 is that soundtrack offer still good?

#197 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

uncle5555 is that soundtrack offer still good?

I'd say so, go to Club Nintendo Europe sign up register the game with the code in the game box and then under your profile (it will be called Treasures) you'll see the D/L for the Xenoblade Chronicles soundtrack sampler. 12 tracks, a PDF cover, and a jpg picture.

And that should do ya. ;)

#198 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:42 AM

I set up stock alerts on Game UK's site and just happened to be up at 3 AM once when it renewed. Ordered the CC bundle and got it last week. Looking forward to sitting down with it a bit this weekend.

I'm holding every single one of you responsible if I don't like this game. And when that doesn't work, I'm going to hold DoK responsible ten times over and heartily give everyone else a pass.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#199 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

I set up stock alerts on Game UK's site and just happened to be up at 3 AM once when it renewed. Ordered the CC bundle and got it last week. Looking forward to sitting down with it a bit this weekend.

I'm holding every single one of you responsible if I don't like this game. And when that doesn't work, I'm going to hold DoK responsible ten times over and heartily give everyone else a pass.

I don't think you're going to have a problem with that, Strell, based on what I know about your RPG tastes I think we agree on most, and this game is the best of classic and modern games thrown into a huge, addictive package.

The only reason I had to stop playing was because I literally couldn't play for less than 3 hours or so at a time, it was bad. I've been training for a half marathon which means I can't stay up super late. That's over tomorrow, though, after which I'm going to be gaming nonstop while I rest my aching muscles!
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#200 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

I ordered a copy about 2 weeks ago, and it hasn't arrived yet.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#201 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:02 AM

Oh Strell...

Playing the end game quests I skipped out on prior to beating the game so I would have a decent challenge with the final boss. Still finding shit that completely blows my mind and I'm in the low 90s.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#202 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

BUMP for the announcement: coming to North America in 2012 as a Gamestop exclusive:

http://www.1up.com/n...pears-headed-us

EDIT: Haha. Just saw all the discussion in the other thread. Don't know why it wasn't in this one, though?

Edited by johnnypark, 03 December 2011 - 12:13 AM.

Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#203 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:31 AM

You can also order the game directly from Nintendo, so it's not 100% exclusive. But either way...hell fucking yes. I had no issue with importing this, but I would really much rather wait a few months and get it cheaper. And I'm so glad they decided to stick with that title and not Monando.

#204 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

I'm about 45 hours into this now, and I have to say for all the things they did right there is one thing they did horribly wrong, in my opinion: the quest system. Why did they make it so you could only see available quests if you got close to the quest giver? They should be on the map regardless of closeness. Drives me crazy.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#205 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

I smell an impending announcement tomorrow.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#206 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

Heh, it would be nice if they announced Last Story BEFORE the PAL release. Then again, my CC was already charged for it.

Edit: Oh wow, it was already shipped. NICE

Edited by Dead of Knight, 22 February 2012 - 12:21 AM.

RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#207 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:11 AM

I smell an impending announcement tomorrow.

On the one hand, there's this Nintendo Direct thing tomorrow where they could conceivably announce it (which would be fucking stupid if importers' orders are now shipping.) On the other hand, they might just be writing an article marking the release of the European version.