Is there anything in DS / 3DS Land for me to actually buy one?

SpeedNut

CAGiversary!
First off thanks for viewing this thread! :)

I'm debating whether or not to purchase a 3DS. I don't have any prior iterations of the system, so if I'm going to buy I might as well get the latest model.

With that said, what titles are out there worth buying for a married guy who's more into FPS / Sports / Racing games. Stuff that's wife friendly would also be appreciated. Also since I know the 3DS just came out, DS title recommendations would also be appreciated.

My concerns are that the vast majority of titles seem like kiddie-ware, and I'm too old to be included in the "Pokemon" generation.

Thanks in advance for the advice, I really do appreciate it! :)

My first thought was Mario Kart DS. Second thought was the Professor Layton series. Third thought was the Phoenix Wright series (The original and Trials & Tribulations specifically).

I could recommend some RPG's, but I don't know if you're into those.

Off the top of my head...

3DS Games:
Ridge Racer 3D, Super Street Fighter IV(It's *the* 3DS launch game)

DS:
Race Driver: Create & Race, Phoenix Wright series, Call of Duty series, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Madden(?).

Thanks for the responses. I think I've narrowed the 3DS titles down to possibly:

SF IV
Ghost Recon (Yeah I know it's RTS this time around :))
PES 2011 (even though it's nerfed and no MLS clubs are in it :()
Ridge Racer 3D
Pilotwings

Not sure what I'll whittle that down to in the end but it's a start. :)

Any good Brain / Puzzle / Trivia games for DS that are a must have?

[quote name='SpeedNut']Thanks for the responses. I think I've narrowed the 3DS titles down to possibly:

SF IV
Ghost Recon (Yeah I know it's RTS this time around :))
PES 2011 (even though it's nerfed and no MLS clubs are in it :()
Ridge Racer 3D
Pilotwings

Not sure what I'll whittle that down to in the end but it's a start. :)

Any good Brain / Puzzle / Trivia games for DS that are a must have?[/QUOTE]CrossworDS is very good, as is Picross DS. You can't go wrong with either one.:cool::cool::cool:

zoo keeper is a blast.. launch title and basically bejeweled but good.

About to play some ghost recon 3ds now actually.

Can you name a top list of you favorite games, or games in your console collection so we can get an idea here of things you like?

Seems like the NGP will have your type of game. It is getting CoD and Sports games, as well as Gran Turismo

You might be interested in the 2 dementium games and Moon, they're FPS, with the former 2 being horror games. You could probably pick up all 3 for less than $30 together.

Meteos, Professor Layton, Prism: light the way,brain age, etc. there are plenty of good puzzle games on the system. when DSiware gets put up once the eshop opens up in may, you'll be able to get even more puzzle games for a few bucks. look for the art style games.

Well Just made my rounds to a flooring store, ToysRUs and Best Buy, and Picked up on the B1G1:
PES2011
Pilotwings
SFIV
Ghost Recon

Sorry Ridge Racer, 4 games is enough thanks! :)

Also I finally burned through my BB and AMEX gift cards, so it should be fun!

Ridge Racer was the one launch game I passed on and now I think I should have got it. I got several of the others though.

[quote name='BREVITY']Ridge Racer was the one launch game I passed on and now I think I should have got it. I got several of the others though.[/QUOTE]Have you ever played a Ridge Racer game? Did you like it? If you answered "yes" to both of them, you probably should have gotten it. RR3D is one of the better launch games and makes great use of the 3D.:cool::cool::cool:

So far out of the 4 the only one that I had a bit of frustration on was PES 2011. Played a match where I ended up with 5 cards (two of them red) and lost 3-2 playing two men down. I'm sure part of it is me not reading the manual before playing, so I'll have to review it before attempting to confront anyone with a slide tackle.

It is a shame that there are a very few % of titles that have true online internet play at launch (SFIV is it right?). It would be interesting if someone could create a 3DS conduit software to simulate a local game over the internet, even for street pass type of communication.

bread's done
Back