9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors (DS) 24.99 at Amazon

That's a nice price for a very good game. Lots of reading, but it's rather well written.

I'd be all over this if I hadn't already picked it up. Nice find, OP!

I picked it up at Gamestop today... the sneaks didn't have it in with the Power Saver games... still had it up on the DS rack at full price. But it still rang up at the sale price...

I bit, tried to resist, but I didn't want to risk this going rare and having to pay a premium

[quote name='KornKid91']I bit, tried to resist, but I didn't want to risk this going rare and having to pay a premium[/QUOTE]

Worth every cent. Among it's visual novel companions on the DS, Hotel Dusk and the Ace Attorney series, it is arguably the greatest. It is certainly the darkest and most sophisticated of the bunch, and the translation is near flawless. Wait until you get your first ending, likely a bad one, and should you be playing at the proper time (Late at night, no lights, all that jazz) you'll likely be scared sh!tless.

Times like this make me wish I didn't have a staggering backlog. I could buy this but I'd likely never get around to playing it. At least not multiple times.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Times like this make me wish I didn't have a staggering backlog. I could buy this but I'd likely never get around to playing it. At least not multiple times.[/QUOTE]

I have a staggering backlog, too, and I can wholeheartedly say that it was worth putting this at the front of the line. Once you get started, the replays come naturally -- and in replays you have the ability to zoom through text that you've read previously (you'll get stopped when you reach new text), which really helps.

Of course, it's your call... but 999 is one of a very few games that I still think about, a month or two after finishing it.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Times like this make me wish I didn't have a staggering backlog. I could buy this but I'd likely never get around to playing it. At least not multiple times.[/QUOTE]

Amen. So true. 450+ game backlog (literally), so this would get played right about 2020. ;)

Just got my copy off the porch along with crackdown 2 (yeah yeah yeah I know) and even with a "staggering backlog" I'm still going to support interesting games such as this even though I'm a cag.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Amen. So true. 450+ game backlog (literally), so this would get played right about 2020. ;)[/QUOTE]I'm going to assume/hope that is hyperbole.

Edit: It would seem I need to add $0.01 to get free shipping. Seriously...

[quote name='moop2001']Got mine and I'm stuck in the first room[/QUOTE]
search underneath pillows on both sides of the room, that should help...although i'm guessing you've looked online for the answer already lol

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I'm going to assume/hope that is hyperbole.

Edit: It would seem I need to add $0.01 to get free shipping. Seriously...[/QUOTE]

Usually when this happens, I just find a cheap book or something with Super Saver shipping.

[quote name='uniracer45']search underneath pillows on both sides of the room, that should help...although i'm guessing you've looked online for the answer already lol[/QUOTE]

I'm trying not to but thanks for the hint. I'll tackle it in a bit.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Amen. So true. 450+ game backlog (literally), so this would get played right about 2020. ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I'm going to assume/hope that is hyperbole.[/QUOTE]

Not even a little bit of an exaggeration, unfortunately.

Current count by system (games I have, but have yet to open/play/or play to completion):

360 (157)
Wii (43)
PS3 (9)
XBOX (76)
Gamecube (29)
PS2 (65)
PS1 (5)
PSP (27)
DS (24)
GBA (1)
Genesis (28)
Sega CD (4)

That's not even all the games, just ones I haven't gotten to yet (or finished.)

I was mostly trying to point out that at this rate, it's will take me basically forever to get to them all. I'm not even averaging two games a month anymore.

Let's put it this way, I haven't even gotten to Grand Theft Auto III or Halo 2 yet, and they've been sitting on the shelf for a long time. :drool:

(Not trying to brag or anything; just answering your comment, that's all.)

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Not even a little bit of an exaggeration, unfortunately.

Current count by system (games I have, but have yet to open/play/or play to completion):

360 (157)
Wii (43)
PS3 (9)
XBOX (76)
Gamecube (29)
PS2 (65)
PS1 (5)
PSP (27)
DS (24)
GBA (1)
Genesis (28)
Sega CD (4)

That's not even all the games, just ones I haven't gotten to yet (or finished.)

I was mostly trying to point out that at this rate, it's will take me basically forever to get to them all. I'm not even averaging two games a month anymore.

Let's put it this way, I haven't even gotten to Grand Theft Auto III or Halo 2 yet, and they've been sitting on the shelf for a long time. :drool:

(Not trying to brag or anything; just answering your comment, that's all.)[/QUOTE]

Has anyone told you you have a sickness? Why even keep buying games, by the time you're ready to play them the same games you buy today will be so much cheaper you could save yourself a ton of money. Yeah the rare games may be more expensive but that's probably a select few out of many.

You're like some women and their shoes at this point....

I'm the same way. Huge backlog, but have kids now so no time to play, yet I keep buying shit. I will only pay generally $10-15 at most per game though so at least I am not buying games and losing a bunch of money on depreciation. You are right though, it is a sickness. All I could say is I guess at least I am not spending my money on alcohol, drugs, or hookers. We all have our vices...

If it makes you feel any better, I have a C64 game in my backlog. I am serious.

I really hope this game stays this price for another week. Damn bills.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Amen. So true. 450+ game backlog (literally), so this would get played right about 2020. ;)[/QUOTE]
I got you beat, 571 games:
http://www.backloggery.com/whitelens

Though it doesn't help that about 180 of them are Steam which greatly inflated the amount with their sale of $2.50 games.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I'm going to assume/hope that is hyperbole.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why you wouldn't believe him. My backlog is in the 1,000 range and I know there are plenty of people who have me beat.

Yup... I'm in the 200 or so range. I was always able to beat games through middle school and high school. But as college, work, girlfriend's, and life started to really pick up, I've been finding less and less times for games. I'd say for the last three or four years, I've been buying 4 games for every 1 that I beat. And as such, my backlog is really starting to grow, unfortunately.

[quote name='Purkeynator']I'm the same way. Huge backlog, but have kids now so no time to play, yet I keep buying shit. I will only pay generally $10-15 at most per game though so at least I am not buying games and losing a bunch of money on depreciation. You are right though, it is a sickness. All I could say is I guess at least I am not spending my money on alcohol, drugs, or hookers. We all have our vices...[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct on all points.

Yeah, I practically never buy a game for more than $20-$25, and most of the time it's less. Target clearances, Amazon sales (usually $15 or so), Gamestop Power Sales, friends at EA, etc.

So, yes, I could wait until they hit that price point anyway, but since I don't pay a lot for them, I don't lose money. I just have a lot tied up in the games (because of the volume) which sucks.

[quote name='WhiteLens']I got you beat, 571 games:
http://www.backloggery.com/whitelens

Though it doesn't help that about 180 of them are Steam which greatly inflated the amount with their sale of $2.50 games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't have any PC games, but I'm wasting a ton of time lately on the damn iPod.

Damn Angry Birds...

I have a MASSIVE backlog as well, and jumped this to the top of the queue when the reviews started coming in. I've got Mass Effects, Dragon Ages, Fallouts, and Elder Scrolls all waiting in the wings, but this beat them all.

With that kind of backlog do you generally play the next game in the order that you bought them? If so I'm guessing you guys wait quite a while to get the latest consoles? And I thought my backlog of 6 games seemed intimidating. Wow. But I'm taking people's advice and moving this 999 game to the top. Never even heard of it before this thread.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Expected ship date is May 2nd - May 14th. Anyone else or just me?[/QUOTE]

I ordered a couple of days ago. It hasn't shipped yet, but I am supposed to have it next week.

I ordered a copy (plus a book) on Wednesday. Chose free shipping and was told the estimated delivery date would be April 11th. That seems pretty quick.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Expected ship date is May 2nd - May 14th. Anyone else or just me?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jasonlydon']I ordered a couple of days ago. It hasn't shipped yet, but I am supposed to have it next week.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Batcave Dweller']I ordered a copy (plus a book) on Wednesday. Chose free shipping and was told the estimated delivery date would be April 11th. That seems pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

It was that damn screw I added to put the price over $24.99. I cancelled it and added a book I wanted and now it says April 13th. Beware of hardware delaying your orders everyone

Just completed the game 100% a few hours ago. For those of you with massive backlogs, this game should be at the very top of your list to play. It's a fantastic visual novel and one of the best experiences I've had on the DS.

I would recommend not looking at any FAQs though, seems like it'd be fairly easy to spoil.

Showed up in my Gold Box on Wed. I had to order it, Amazon gave me no alternatives. Arrived Friday morning. Now I just have to finish the other games I'm in the midst of playing...

Thanks to CAG I bought this saturday, got in wednesday, and beat it last night. It's one hell of a game and incredibly addicting.

So for you with backlogs, forget them and play this game first. It may start off slow, especially if this isn't your thing, but give it time and the story will grab you and not let go.

I'll echo everyone's opinion and say how great the game is. Got a copy when they still had the watch and blew through it in a few days with all the endings. Amazing experience unlike anything else.

I rarely don't have time for games no more but i still buying games for cheap or very cheap ass. I got around 400 sealed PS2 games, over 100 Sealed DS games, around 100 PS3 Sealed games, over 100 Sealed 360 games, and around 100 Wii Games. Oh, at least 100 PSP games still sealed. Not includes blu-ray movies ;)

[quote name='iversonwii']With that kind of backlog do you generally play the next game in the order that you bought them? If so I'm guessing you guys wait quite a while to get the latest consoles?[/QUOTE]

I don't, to be honest. It's kind of overwhelming to stand there and look at all of the games to pick one to play next. Some games I just want to play through as quickly as possible, and others I want to take my time.

How I choose is by genre first, then go from there. I usually don't play the same genre back-to-back, so I vary it up. If an older title catches my eye, then I'll play it next, but it doesn't have to be that way.

As for the console question, I don't have a PS3, but have the rest. I waited a year before getting the 360, because of all of the issues I kept hearing about. I'm waiting to get the PS3 until I get an HDTV. However, normally, I get the new consoles within 6 months of release.

I have a backlog of roughly 500-600 games between PC, 360, PS3, DS, PSP, SNES, NES, Genesis, DC, N64, PS2 (probably 200 games for this console alone), PS1, and a lesser amount scattered between other handhelds and older systems. However, I'm a collector, so most of my games are collectibles (well at least from the PS2/PS1) and I don't actually mind if I don't get around to playing them heh (though I do want to play roughly 80% of them). Though I do have a PC/360/PS3/DS/PSP backlog of roughly 100-150 games that I do eventually WANT to play.

The life of a gamer is hard ;).

Oh and I did end up buying 999... I told myself I wouldn't, but you bastards gave too much positive feedback that you all talked me into it... Jerks =P

This is a intriguing game. I'm hooked and I've only beaten the first room. Apparently it gets scary from what I've read so this should be good.

[quote name='Darknuke']I have a backlog of roughly 500-600 games between PC, 360, PS3, DS, PSP, SNES, NES, Genesis, DC, N64, PS2 (probably 200 games for this console alone), PS1, and a lesser amount scattered between other handhelds and older systems. However, I'm a collector, so most of my games are collectibles (well at least from the PS2/PS1) and I don't actually mind if I don't get around to playing them heh (though I do want to play roughly 80% of them). Though I do have a PC/360/PS3/DS/PSP backlog of roughly 100-150 games that I do eventually WANT to play.

The life of a gamer is hard ;).

Oh and I did end up buying 999... I told myself I wouldn't, but you bastards gave too much positive feedback that you all talked me into it... Jerks =P[/QUOTE]

Good, now we just have to kidnap you and force you to play it ;)

This game sucks dont get it.

Oh wait this isnt the Fable 3 thread? Nevermind.

999 is easily one of the best games I've ever played. Couldn't put it down.

[quote name='iversonwii']This is a intriguing game. I'm hooked and I've only beaten the first room. Apparently it gets scary from what I've read so this should be good.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing it right before bed--lights out, headphones on...the atmosphere is great!...

[quote name='Orrimarrko']I can't seem to find a copy at my local GS, and the online store is still out.

Any suggestions peeps?[/QUOTE]

Amazon still has it for the same price, or is there a reason you don't want to order it from there?

bread's done
Back