9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors (DS) 24.99 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 Jasonlydon

Jasonlydon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:45 AM

Expected ship date is May 2nd - May 14th. Anyone else or just me?

I ordered a couple of days ago. It hasn't shipped yet, but I am supposed to have it next week.

#32 Batcave Dweller

Batcave Dweller

Gone Batty!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:20 AM

I ordered a copy (plus a book) on Wednesday. Chose free shipping and was told the estimated delivery date would be April 11th. That seems pretty quick.

#33 optimusprime8062

optimusprime8062

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:00 AM

Expected ship date is May 2nd - May 14th. Anyone else or just me?

I ordered a couple of days ago. It hasn't shipped yet, but I am supposed to have it next week.

I ordered a copy (plus a book) on Wednesday. Chose free shipping and was told the estimated delivery date would be April 11th. That seems pretty quick.

It was that damn screw I added to put the price over $24.99. I cancelled it and added a book I wanted and now it says April 13th. Beware of hardware delaying your orders everyone

#34 spcheap

spcheap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:16 AM

This is a great game...blows Hotel Dusk out of the water, well worth $25.

#35 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

Just completed the game 100% a few hours ago. For those of you with massive backlogs, this game should be at the very top of your list to play. It's a fantastic visual novel and one of the best experiences I've had on the DS.

I would recommend not looking at any FAQs though, seems like it'd be fairly easy to spoil.

#36 Xiaan

Xiaan

omelette du fromage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:50 PM

Showed up in my Gold Box on Wed. I had to order it, Amazon gave me no alternatives. Arrived Friday morning. Now I just have to finish the other games I'm in the midst of playing...

#37 Jackattack51

Jackattack51

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

Thanks to CAG I bought this saturday, got in wednesday, and beat it last night. It's one hell of a game and incredibly addicting.

So for you with backlogs, forget them and play this game first. It may start off slow, especially if this isn't your thing, but give it time and the story will grab you and not let go.

#38 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

I'll echo everyone's opinion and say how great the game is. Got a copy when they still had the watch and blew through it in a few days with all the endings. Amazing experience unlike anything else.

#39 Orrimarrko

Orrimarrko

LUSH fan for life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:02 PM

With that kind of backlog do you generally play the next game in the order that you bought them? If so I'm guessing you guys wait quite a while to get the latest consoles?

I don't, to be honest. It's kind of overwhelming to stand there and look at all of the games to pick one to play next. Some games I just want to play through as quickly as possible, and others I want to take my time.

How I choose is by genre first, then go from there. I usually don't play the same genre back-to-back, so I vary it up. If an older title catches my eye, then I'll play it next, but it doesn't have to be that way.

As for the console question, I don't have a PS3, but have the rest. I waited a year before getting the 360, because of all of the issues I kept hearing about. I'm waiting to get the PS3 until I get an HDTV. However, normally, I get the new consoles within 6 months of release.

#40 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:36 PM

I have a backlog of roughly 500-600 games between PC, 360, PS3, DS, PSP, SNES, NES, Genesis, DC, N64, PS2 (probably 200 games for this console alone), PS1, and a lesser amount scattered between other handhelds and older systems. However, I'm a collector, so most of my games are collectibles (well at least from the PS2/PS1) and I don't actually mind if I don't get around to playing them heh (though I do want to play roughly 80% of them). Though I do have a PC/360/PS3/DS/PSP backlog of roughly 100-150 games that I do eventually WANT to play.

The life of a gamer is hard ;).

Oh and I did end up buying 999... I told myself I wouldn't, but you bastards gave too much positive feedback that you all talked me into it... Jerks =P

SteamWidget.PNG

#41 iversonwii

iversonwii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:56 PM

This is a intriguing game. I'm hooked and I've only beaten the first room. Apparently it gets scary from what I've read so this should be good.

#42 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:24 PM

I have a backlog of roughly 500-600 games between PC, 360, PS3, DS, PSP, SNES, NES, Genesis, DC, N64, PS2 (probably 200 games for this console alone), PS1, and a lesser amount scattered between other handhelds and older systems. However, I'm a collector, so most of my games are collectibles (well at least from the PS2/PS1) and I don't actually mind if I don't get around to playing them heh (though I do want to play roughly 80% of them). Though I do have a PC/360/PS3/DS/PSP backlog of roughly 100-150 games that I do eventually WANT to play.

The life of a gamer is hard ;).

Oh and I did end up buying 999... I told myself I wouldn't, but you bastards gave too much positive feedback that you all talked me into it... Jerks =P

Good, now we just have to kidnap you and force you to play it ;)

#43 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

This game sucks dont get it.

Oh wait this isnt the Fable 3 thread? Nevermind.

999 is easily one of the best games I've ever played. Couldn't put it down.

#44 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:02 PM

This is a intriguing game. I'm hooked and I've only beaten the first room. Apparently it gets scary from what I've read so this should be good.

I'm playing it right before bed--lights out, headphones on...the atmosphere is great!...

#45 Orrimarrko

Orrimarrko

LUSH fan for life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:35 AM

I can't seem to find a copy at my local GS, and the online store is still out.

Any suggestions peeps?

#46 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:48 AM

I can't seem to find a copy at my local GS, and the online store is still out.

Any suggestions peeps?

Amazon still has it for the same price, or is there a reason you don't want to order it from there?

#47 Batcave Dweller

Batcave Dweller

Gone Batty!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:13 AM

Got it today and decided to play it only for a few minutes since I'm still in middle of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Ended up spending 3 hours instead...before it was time for dinner. Sheesh. Looks like I'll finish 999 before resuming Golden Dawn. :D

Not bad at all...looking forward to what 1st ending I'll get (and other endings at other times)
-- Frosty

Playing: :wiiu: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, :wii: Tatsunoko vs Capcom, :3ds: Project X Zone,
:ds: Solatorobo, :psp: Persona 3 Portable, :ps3: (JP) BlazBlue: Chronophantasma & (US) Aquapazza

#48 danhoo

danhoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:49 AM

Crap, I really don't need to buy more games for my backlog, but this one really has me intrigued. How long will this Amazon sale price last?

#49 iversonwii

iversonwii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:40 PM

I would tell anyone who's on the fence about this to go ahead and bite on the amazon offer. I rarely game anymore for more than an hour a week if even that. I go to CAG just for dvd deals really. I don't even play on the ds in the house. But I think I've played 999 for 4 hrs straight last night and hopefully more tonight. Thanks for all the posts about this game in the past week. I'm hooked.

#50 markenglert

markenglert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

Alright, ALRIGHT!

+1

:)

#51 Orrimarrko

Orrimarrko

LUSH fan for life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:53 PM

Amazon still has it for the same price, or is there a reason you don't want to order it from there?

No reason; didn't think of Amazon. ;)

Thanks.

#52 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:53 AM

bump. Don't miss out on this game. Don't you do it.

btw has anyone seen the movie Clue or Murder By Death? It reminds me of those.

#53 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:03 PM

in for one cuz you fuckers made me get it

#54 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:31 PM

in for one cuz you fuckers made me get it

You can thank us later. This game is great!

#55 LuisRM

LuisRM

Midcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

Just wanted to add to the love for this game. Played through it like 4 or 5 times just to get the best ending. Super fun and unique.

#56 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

bump. Don't miss out on this game. Don't you do it.

btw has anyone seen the movie Clue or Murder By Death? It reminds me of those.

Both, but I think I like Clue a bit more :D
Posted Image

#57 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

mine just arrived. can't believe i spent over 20$ on a ds game. here goes...

#58 rywateska

rywateska

Sorry for partying.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:41 PM

When this goes to sub $10 I'm in. When did this come out? 6 months ago? Crossing my fingers it goes so low.

Posted Image

#59 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:48 PM

When this goes to sub $10 I'm in. When did this come out? 6 months ago? Crossing my fingers it goes so low.

Somehow I doubt it'll reach sub $10. It's already a steal at $25..

#60 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

You can forget sub-$10. At that price you should buy 3 though.

Bump for anyone on the fence about this. It's a fantastic game, one of the best on DS.