Photo
- - - - -

The Official Square/Enix Members Info Thread (Year 2012-13)

• Please log in to reply
1545 replies to this topic

#31 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

Well, there's been nothing on the site for a while. :-( Just registered two games today. I'm currently at Bronze tier for 2011 in the Tier History heading, despite having Ultimate tier listed under my Points Status heading. I wonder what they're up to? Being a large company, you'd think if they meant to change it, they would have already. :-(

#32 rb109972

rb109972

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:01 AM

So did any one win one of the cards?

#33 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:37 AM

So did any one win one of the cards?

I did. Sweet!

#34 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:51 AM

:( Looks like I didn't.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#35 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:40 AM

Yeah, just checked & I didn't win. Oh well. Looking forward to seeing what the next contest will be about.

#36 Loogs

Loogs

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:09 AM

Seriously, what's the deal? Original thread is closed and not a word from Square-Enix for 2010. Anyone else feel like a sucker?

#37 leylines

leylines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

Yeah, just checked & I didn't win. Oh well. Looking forward to seeing what the next contest will be about.

Thanks for linking it. I thought me putting a spin on that classic Benjamin Franklin quote was a sure thing. oh well.

"We must cling together or surely we will cling separately."

Also we still haven't gotten any info on the prize and that sucks.

#38 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:16 AM

Guys - just be patient on the prizes, they will announce them eventually. They aren't going to not give you something.

#39 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:09 AM

I didn't win, either. It's a pity, because I was hoping to use the tarot card to predict what the prize would be. :(

#40 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:46 AM

I had hoped to receive the Sun card, predicting a happy year. But predicting the prize would be awesome too.

#41 MarshMan34

MarshMan34

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

I think I won the tarot card they told be to update my address info and they will send out in 4-6 weeks. This is the first thing I have ever won in an online sweepstakes !!!!

#42 shaselai

shaselai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

guys i am looking for the following codes.. anyone can help out via trades or something?
kingdom hearts recoded
duodem dissidia
lord of arcana
tactics ogre
mindjack 360
bust a move universe 3DS

thanks

#43 Fayyaz100

Fayyaz100

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:59 PM

What if we don't get prizes...

#44 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:33 PM

They would have to give something. Their FAQs state that the points accumulated from the pointcards can be redeemed for prizes based on status. I haven't seem them change that yet...has anyone tried emailing SE about it yet?

#45 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:40 PM

What was their response? Something among the lines of "please be patient, we'll announce them soon"?

#46 leylines

leylines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

don't remember exactly..
this is what they said
Thank you for taking the time to write to us. For any information regarding the SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS site, please refer to the official Blog. The URL for the SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Blog appears below.

so yeah.. They didn't say a damn thing that I wanted to hear

when I emailed them with the prize question, this was the exact response I got as well.

#47 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:26 PM

Yeah, they could've at least said they were working on it & there'd be a blog post about it. When I e-mailed them last year about when prizes would be shipping out, they at least told me they were going to make an announcement about it in the following months. Sure, it wasn't precise on when, but it at least showed that they knew what I asked & they were working on it.

#48 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:29 AM

I understand wanting to know what you'll get, but you should all really be grateful that you get anything to begin with. Most game companies don't even give you a thank you for buying their products. Just sit back, wait for the announcement, and stop getting angry/anxious at Square Enix for no reason. They aren't obligated to give you anything and barraging them with emails is just going to make you look ungrateful.

#49 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:45 AM

I understand wanting to know what you'll get, but you should all really be grateful that you get anything to begin with. Most game companies don't even give you a thank you for buying their products. Just sit back, wait for the announcement, and stop getting angry/anxious at Square Enix for no reason. They aren't obligated to give you anything and barraging them with emails is just going to make you look ungrateful.

It's not going to make us look ungrateful at all. Excited about what it will be, definitely. Going by last year, they had already announced the prizes for each tier. Emailing them and asking "What's going on with this?" is not a bad thing at all.

#50 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:38 AM

Many game companies have given rewards over the years, including Nintendo, Capcom, and Microsoft. Square-Enix only releases a handful of games each year and requires the majority of them to be registered to obtain the Ultimate tier in the current reward scheme, therefore making people who want to get the best prize purchase or otherwise solicit the purchase of games they wouldn't normally buy. We're more or less cooperating with them to inflate their sales figures on shitty games. It seems like both Square-Enix and the fans should be grateful.

The point is that they're a multi-million dollar company, and we're just consumers. It just doesn't seem very professional to completely disregard such an integral part of the consumer base.

#51 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:53 PM

making people who want to get the best prize purchase or otherwise solicit the purchase of games they wouldn't normally buy. We're more or less cooperating with them to inflate their sales figures on shitty games. It seems like both Square-Enix and the fans should be grateful.
It just doesn't seem very professional to completely disregard such an integral part of the consumer base.

So the incentive here is to get a prize that you dont know about that is probably worth far less than the amount of money you spent on games to get ultimate status?
I think the rewards program is to reward SE fans who are buying their products anyway, they are certainly NOT making you buy games you "wouldn't normally buy" so dont feel entitled to anything from them. They havnt disregarded you in fact im sure the terms and conditions probably allow for them to discontinue the program whenever they want. But if we all are anticipating ipods then we are too eager.

If anyone has a spare code of "The 3rd Birthday" if I could please have it donated to me I would be most greatful =D That is a game that doesn't really catch my interest, never got into the parasite eve (I think it was).

You are a newbie, stop asking for free stuff. Bring something to the community first. 5 posts in and most of them complaining about not knowing your reward. See what I wrote above. You shouldnt feel entitled to anything.

#52 EnvyNeko

EnvyNeko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

I'd rather have mcluksa asking for a Square Enix code in the SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS THREAD rather than asking for it somewhere else. They worded it nicely and were not begging, so you don't need to be rude.

And while yes, SE Rewards is to reward those who are buying the games anyway there's no way you'd be able to get higher than a silver or gold if you're just buying the games you like. I don't think it's wrong to anticipate an ipod considering it's what they offered for Ultimate for at least 2-3 years now. But complaining about them not giving an answer isn't going to help either.

I don't think anyone feels entitled. That doesn't mean we can't wonder what the prize is this year, or when our prize from last year is going to come in.

#53 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

I'd rather have mcluksa asking for a Square Enix code in the SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS THREAD rather than asking for it somewhere else. They worded it nicely and were not begging, so you don't need to be rude.

And while yes, SE Rewards is to reward those who are buying the games anyway there's no way you'd be able to get higher than a silver or gold if you're just buying the games you like. I don't think it's wrong to anticipate an ipod considering it's what they offered for Ultimate for at least 2-3 years now. But complaining about them not giving an answer isn't going to help either.

I'm sorry, the ipod only came once, last year, the first an ultimate prize was awarded in the US. If you buy 5-6 games at $50-$60 apiece or even 10 games at $30 each you have more than covered the cost of an ipod if thats what you actually wanted. Just buy the SE games because you are a fan and not because you want some ipod.

Also, it would be preferable if he did ask about codes (trading) in a different thread, the one that was made for SE code trading. But maybe its not his fault for being new and there being a lot on this site. Perhaps the OP can add it to his post somewhere (if not already there).
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=290272

#54 EnvyNeko

EnvyNeko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:57 PM

I want to say that it was the Ultimate prize for 2010 and 2009. This link proves it:
http://www.joystiq.c...prizes-unboxed/

On top of that, I'm willing to bet it will be the same as Club Nintendo where it will be the same prize every year. So it's more likely that ultimate will still be the ipod with all the other goodies.

Yeah, buying all the games that you would need to get to ultimate would be spending just as much if not more than the ipod itself. But, if you're buying the games anyway it's a nice bonus.

#55 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

What's being proved on that link exactly o.o?

But I'm willing to take you up on that bet EnvyNeko. Seeing as the foreign programs haven't done that, I don't see it being done here.

#56 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:03 AM

Interesting. So my friend gave me their code that came with Dissidia 012, which originally said it was for Tomb Raider Trilogy back when the game was released (I talked about it a page or so back). I figured I'd use to to trade w/ someone, but just for the heck of it, I decided to try it again. Amazingly, it seems they fixed it, as it now says Dissidia 012!

I'll keep an eye to see how many points are needed to reach each level. Right now, I'm "Regular".

#57 io

io

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:25 AM

D'oh! Here I thought the utter lack of news about the SE program meant no one on CAG was talking about it any more. Still, I thought it was very odd no one was saying "what's going" on or anything. See, I didn't realize there was a new thread so I had been waiting for the old one to pop up to the top of my massive list of subscribed threads - and yet nary a peep for weeks... But then the trading code thread kept popping up so I finally thought I should check the main one only to find out it was closed on like the 6th of April and the new one has 4 pages already :lol:

And here I thought no one cared any more...

Anyway, I guess I have some reading to do. I take it no news on the prize?

Edited by io, 23 April 2011 - 11:09 PM.

#58 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:16 AM

Bingo!

Give the man a prize -- sadly, not a Square Enix Member one though.

#59 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:18 AM

Calling all artists!

S-E is doing a contest where they want you to pick a character from Dissidia 012, draw them, then submit for a chance to win 2 landscape prints, each depicting characters from Chaos & Cosmos.

I wish I could enter, but I have no art skills.

#60 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:26 AM

Jeez, I'd try to do something for it, but considering all of the Final Fantasy HOLY Fuck THAT AMAZING artwork that exists already... I don't see myself being able to come close to top 2.

Top 500, maybe :D