Photo
- - - - -

The Official Square/Enix Members Info Thread (Year 2012-13)

• Please log in to reply
1545 replies to this topic

#61 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:03 AM

I want to say that it was the Ultimate prize for 2010 and 2009. This link proves it:
http://www.joystiq.c...prizes-unboxed/

On top of that, I'm willing to bet it will be the same as Club Nintendo where it will be the same prize every year. So it's more likely that ultimate will still be the ipod with all the other goodies.

Yeah, buying all the games that you would need to get to ultimate would be spending just as much if not more than the ipod itself. But, if you're buying the games anyway it's a nice bonus.

Considering the prize everyone is awaiting an announcement for is the 2010 prize, you're already losing your bet. The SE members program has only been around for 2 years now, and only the 2009 prizes have been awarded (which happened in 2010).

Also, why would they give out an iPod again? The vast majority of current ultimate members already got one last year, it wouldn't make sense to give them another. Also, Club Nintendo has given out different prizes for both years it has been active. Mario Hat was 2009, Crappy statue was 2010. Those aren't the same by any stretch.

It's likely that SE is waiting to announce the prizes when they actually have them in hand, unlike last year where they announced them 4 months before they even had the prizes day to go. Just be patient.

#62 Dwarfman

Dwarfman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

If people need some cheap codes and possibly some cheap games CAG has had a forum on Kane and Lynch 2 being on sale on Newegg.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=292687

I played through the first one and had fun with couch co-op, figured I'd buy the 2nd, get the code, try it out and trade it back into Amazon to recoup some of my costs. (PS3 version has a TIV of $8).

#63 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:56 PM

Considering the prize everyone is awaiting an announcement for is the 2010 prize, you're already losing your bet. The SE members program has only been around for 2 years now, and only the 2009 prizes have been awarded (which happened in 2010).

This. The link you give is the 2009 SE year prize, which ran until 2010 and was awarded in 2010. Only one reward year has been complete with prizes in the US so far. 2010 year prizes are the ones everyone is waiting for.

#64 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

Also, why would they give out an iPod again? The vast majority of current ultimate members already got one last year, it wouldn't make sense to give them another. Also, Club Nintendo has given out different prizes for both years it has been active. Mario Hat was 2009, Crappy statue was 2010. Those aren't the same by any stretch.

The iPod they gave out last year was 2nd gen, which was almost obsolete by the time it actually shipped out.

I wouldn't mind a iPod 4th gen but of course it won't happen :lol:
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#65 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:32 PM

The iPod they gave out last year was 2nd gen, which was almost obsolete by the time it actually shipped out.

I wouldn't mind a iPod 4th gen but of course it won't happen :lol:

I love Apple's business strategy so much that I'm saddened when my friend gets the protection plan and purposely breaks his the ipod after a year to get the new one.

Oh why would consumers try to take advantage of Apple when they do nothing but give give give :'(

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#66 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

Oh why would consumers try to take advantage of Apple when they do nothing but give give give :'(

Give give give overpriced products aimed at people with no technical know-how that want to look and feel hip by owning the latest Apple i___.

They make quality stuff, but they price things on the mentality that they have no competitors. It's really ridiculous.

You really shouldn't give them any sympathy.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#67 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

Oh, that makes sense.

#68 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

I don't believe they are offering any points for entering this time around, just a chance to win the prize.

#69 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:08 AM

Yeah, nothing states that you'll get points for entering the contest.

#70 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:27 AM

Any advice to people trying to get to a higher tier this year? You guys just hold out for price drops, buy multiplat games, and stock games from last year? Not sure..

#71 TripleQ

TripleQ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

All of the above? But no sense in planning until they annouunce this year's prize.

#72 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:15 PM

Yep Yep :) A lot of times the games will hit $15 or below on sale. I got a few of the PC titles for $5. I took advantage of all the early registrations they did as well (I think 3 this year?) and that helped a bit

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#73 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

Looks like we might have another game that'll count for registration. S-E just announced FF11 Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition for the PC.

If I recall, normal & special editions tend to count as separate games, so this should count as well, I think.

#74 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:48 AM

Looks like we might have another game that'll count for registration. S-E just announced FF11 Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition for the PC.

If I recall, normal & special editions tend to count as separate games, so this should count as well, I think.

That probably won't count for registration:

this new entry to the FINAL FANTASY XI library will be available for download for Windows–based PCs for $19.99

#75 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

Whoops, sorry about that. I didn't notice it was download only. My bad.

Though I'll keep an eye on any other games coming out.

#76 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

Hmm... at this point I think it might actually be better than SE is taking a long time to announce the prizes. The longer they take, the more likely they will have to make the prize better to apologize for the delay.

I can just imagine the post announcing the prizes opening with something like "We apologize for the delay, but we think you'll feel this year's prizes were worth the wait..."

#77 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:11 PM

Hmm... at this point I think it might actually be better than SE is taking a long time to announce the prizes. The longer they take, the more likely they will have to make the prize better to apologize for the delay.

I can just imagine the post announcing the prizes opening with something like "We apologize for the delay, but we think you'll feel this year's prizes were worth the wait..."

...exclusive digital wallpaper.

#78 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:47 AM

-shrugs-

I'm still thinking figurine or poster.

#79 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:12 AM

o.m.g.

Dear rabbitsuit,

Congratulations! Due to a disqualified entry by another member, you have been selected as an alternate winner for the square enix members tactics ogre?: Let us cling together? Autographed tarot card sweepstakes.

As a result of a random drawing, which took place on april 8th, 2011, you are selected to receive (1) tarot card from the tactics ogre: Let us cling together tarot card deck autographed by character designer, akihiko yoshida (items are not available for retail purchase).

Before we can deliver the prize to you, however, we need to make sure that you have updated your member information on the square enix members my account page. In order for us to mail you the prize, we need your name (first and last) and address (including city, state and zip code).

To update your information, log in to the square enix members website, and click on ?account center? On the right-hand column. Once you are logged into the members account center, please click on member information on the left and then click on the ?edit? Button to edit your information. Please update your information by may 8th, 2011. Failure to provide correct and complete information before may 8th, 2011 will void your eligibility to receive the prize.

We will mail you the prize after may 8th, 2011 to the address specified in your members account. Please allow up to four weeks for delivery.

Please refer to the official contest rules [http://member.square...e/01_rules.html] for more information.
If you have any questions, contact the square enix information center [http://support.na.sq...php?la=1&id=495 ].

Square enix

Fucking take as long as you want to receive year end prizes Square Enix! I'll be happy with this for a good while!

>w<! Please let it be the Sun card!

#80 MDRaph

MDRaph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:57 AM

o.m.g.

Fucking take as long as you want to receive year end prizes Square Enix! I'll be happy with this for a good while!

>w<! Please let it be the Sun card!

Congratulation you lucky bastard ! :p

#81 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:59 AM

Heh, you don't know me Raph~

I'm actually a very unlucky person. I've even had it verified by a nutjob.

I went to a fortune teller once, and I was told that I was the unluckiest person that they've ever seen. As her apology for such bad news, she refused to charge me.

I'm expecting the death card to arrive next month.

#82 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:18 AM

Congrats Rabbit! I received my prize in the mail the other day. It was the whole deck and "The Star" was my autographed card. Pretty cool!

#83 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:40 AM

Son of a bitch. As awesome as that sounds, I already own three decks of the TO Major Arcana xD.

Also, congrats! The Star is a beautiful card of harmony and understanding (if you happen to buy into said nonsense ^^).

#84 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

Oh cool, so you get the whole deck as well? That's neat. & congrats on winning!

#85 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

Joystiq has a picture of all the cards.

#86 MarshMan34

MarshMan34

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

hate to post this but I got the fool card autographed

#87 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

Character cards being offered with a game? What is this, 1998? ;) You don't see that too often anymore, probably because there's not much you can do with them.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#88 leylines

leylines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

...still no word on the prize huh? great, just great...

#89 JoeCamNet

JoeCamNet

Broke ass loser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

Popping in the thread to see what kind of awesome updates there are for the prizes for Square Rew.........
Oh.
Shit, nevermind.

#90 apolloimburning

apolloimburning

I’m Captain Basch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:33 PM

Maybe we aren't getting prizes this year???? How sweet would that be?!