Mad Catz Spring Sale: 20% OFF PS3 TE FightSticks, B1G1 TVC + more! ENDS MONDAY!

MarkMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
It's been awhile since Mad Catz has had a 20% discount on fighting game related stuff! Here we go again!

Mad Catz Spring Sale: 20% OFF PS3 Tournament Edition FightSticks + more!

Spring Sale - GameShark� Store

Right now, for a LIMITED TIME ONLY (Not sure when we're ending this)... you can get TWENTY (20!) PERCENT off any Tournament Edition FightStick on the GameShark Store (Limit 1 per order).

Just use code SPRINGTE at checkout for the 20% discount!

Here is what is currently in stock:

8838.gif
SF4-RD2-4738.jpg

MV3-4738.jpg
SS48838_ChunLi.jpg

• Street Fighter IV (Round 1) FightStick TE - Available for PS3 ONLY
  • Street Fighter IV (Round 2) FightStick TE
  • Super Street Fighter IV (Chun-Li) FightStick TE 'S'
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3 FightStick TE

Unfortunately we have sold out of our standard FightSticks, FightPads, and some of the other TE FightSticks (MVC2, 360 Round 1, SSFIV Black/White, etc.).

If you're looking for an SE style stick or FightPad, I'd recommend the WWE versions (unfortunately no discount on those at this time).

Also, check out our range of Mad Catz FightStick Parts. Currently we have dust cover sets (with the arrowed design) and bezels for the Tournament Edition sticks. With MORE to come!

stick_shaft_dust_cyan.jpg
stick_bezel_lightpurple.jpg

• FightStick Parts - Dust Cover Set (13 different colors)
  • FightStick Parts - Bezel (13 different colors)
  • Sanwa JLF Joystick
  • Sanwa OBSF-30 Pushbuttons
  • Sanwa OBSF-24 Pushbuttons
  • Combat FightStick: Ultimate Edition Top Panel for TE FightSticks (currently out of stock)

59900_434721063882_507353882_5225431_930220_n.jpg

Check out my modded Chun-Li TE 'S' ! Modded with a Cthulhu to work on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Yellow Mad Catz bezel. Clear Mad Catz dust washer & shaft cover set. Swapped out the default Sanwa buttons for the blue (6) and yellow (2) scheme. Yellow Sanwa LB-35 ball top. ♥

The only thing I'm not doing right now is wearing my Mad Catz shirt! BTW, look at Kayane rockin' her limited edition Chun-Li FightStick and wearing the LE Chun-Li inspired shirt!

60435_478865160235_245509115235_7156626_4924458_n.jpg

NOTE: Mad Catz does not condone/advise you to modify your sticks/therefore voiding your warranty.

26584_328774448882_507353882_3611114_1721972_n.jpg

37290_402649548882_507353882_4431258_7427095_n.jpg

Also NEW to our web store is the LIMITED EDITION shirt inspired by legendary fighting game player, Daigo "THE BEAST" Umehara...

TShirt-TeamMad.jpg

• Team Mad Catz T-Shirt (Available in S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL)

For a shirt size chart, please reference this link.

* Offer available to continental US residents only (Sorry International buyers! Plan ahead and see if a US buddy can help you with this deal)!

THIS DEAL IS LIVE NOW!

ALSO! Sign up for our GameShark Newsletter! Receive the latest updates on all our sales/promos! Signing up for the newsletter will get you 10% off your next purchase (Coupons can NOT be stacked).

---

Also on sale, B1G1 on the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom FightStick for the Wii!

Last edited by a moderator:
You really cannot understand how badass the TEs are until you've used one. I'm usually all for saving a bit of money but the TE is worth the extra coin by a mile if you will use it at all.

[quote name='CaoPi']hey Markman question for? Are the WWE Brawl Sticks easy to mod as the SE sticks?[/QUOTE]

Yes! Also these have the improved parts we've engineered from the ground up. So they're the same parts as the TVC sticks. A lot better!

[quote name='fujimitsu']You really cannot understand how badass the TEs are until you've used one. I'm usually all for saving a bit of money but the TE is worth the extra coin by a mile if you will use it at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

[quote name='giantqtipz']Hmmm the girl..[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm THAT girl. :)

BTW Kayane is also helping us with FIGHT FOR RELIEF! And you should too:

http://fightforrelief.wordpress.com/2011/04/01/a-golden-opportunity/

I'm not big on the fighting genre, but trust me when i tell you it doesn't take an SF fan to see that the box which en housed my bro's Chun-Li TE is nothing short of a piece of art.

anyone can appreciate that, and that's for damn sure.

[quote name='popaloo']I'm not big on the fighting genre, but trust me when i tell you it doesn't take an SF fan to see that the box which en housed my bro's Chun-Li TE is nothing short of a piece of art.

anyone can appreciate that, and that's for damn sure.[/QUOTE]

For reference:

4893591481_317d7f1a4d_z.jpg

lol.

[quote name='MarkMan']Yes! Also these have the improved parts we've engineered from the ground up. So they're the same parts as the TVC sticks. A lot better!

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Hmmmm THAT girl. :)

BTW Kayane is also helping us with FIGHT FOR RELIEF! And you should too:

http://fightforrelief.wordpress.com/2011/04/01/a-golden-opportunity/[/QUOTE]

I'll wait for a price drop on the Brawl sticks I already have 2 SE modded with TE parts. I just want something smaller compared to the TE stick

Although I'd have to admit the artwork on the MVC 3 stick looks amazing!

[quote name='fujimitsu']You really cannot understand how badass the TEs are until you've used one. I'm usually all for saving a bit of money but the TE is worth the extra coin by a mile if you will use it at all.[/QUOTE]

QFT.

These sticks are beautiful and I'm amazed they are even still readily available. Five years ago I was struggling to find even a mediocre stick to play fighters on, now I have several arcade quality ones.

Really tempted to get that Chun Li stick too.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting two of those TE's during last B1G1 sale. Any chance of B1G1 in the future or it is a once in a lifetime thing?

[quote name='djricekcn']I wouldn't mind a Kayane tbh. Not extremely +++++ in looks, but has the humble cuteness[/QUOTE]

Yea, is she also 20% off? :D

Is this as good as these get? I'd really like to get a MvC3 stick for either PS3 or Xbox-still can't decide. Most of my fighting games are on PS3 for obvious reasons but I could actually play on Xbox if I had a fight stick. Decisions decisions.

[quote name='outsider']Is MadCatz not going to make anymore SF themed fight pads anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

They are out of production, unfortunately. You can still find some just not directly through Mad Catz.

I know I've seen some at GameStop stores at retail.

Having purchased the MvC3 stick recently.... I mist say that with this promotion, it is still a great deal.

I cannot say enough about the quality of these fightsticks. Mad Catz has come a long way with these TE sticks. Definitely a great gaming peripheral, and also a great collector's piece. The art is gorgeous on that PS3 stock TE for MvC3.

I'm having a difficult time deciding between chun li or mvc3 stick. I like the overall theme of the mvc3 stick but I like the form and translucent case for chun li. what would you guys recommend?

[quote name='dejeckt']I'm having a difficult time deciding between chun li or mvc3 stick. I like the overall theme of the mvc3 stick but I like the form and translucent case for chun li. what would you guys recommend?[/QUOTE]
TE sticks are fairly easy to mod, you could just buy the chun-li one and change the art if you so desire.

dang i wish i would have waited i ordered the chun-li fightstick last monday from the capcom store and its getting here this monday. oh well i guess its a better deal for me since the 10% off i used cover the tax+ free shipping and it gave me a reason to pick up MvC3 SE.

One last question; are there any significant weight difference between Chun Li and MVC 3 ('S' type compared to regular). I also heard somewhere that the 'S' type case is uncomfortable for prolonged use. Sorry about all these questions, but I never spent $150 on a single controller.

Weight is virtually the same. You won't be able to tell the difference.

Also the Chun-Li and MVC3 one will feel the same except for the top of the Chun stick being a different material (on the art) vs the other TE sticks.

The Chun-Li has a 3D Lenticular art top that has a rigid pattern to it.

Markman, what is the purpose of the WWE All Stars sticks/fight pads?

All Stars is unplayable with the joystick and fight pads because you need to use both analog sticks in order to pull off many maneuvers. Why were WWE sticks and pads even produced?

Milan

[quote name='MarkMan']Weight is virtually the same. You won't be able to tell the difference.

Also the Chun-Li and MVC3 one will feel the same except for the top of the Chun stick being a different material (on the art) vs the other TE sticks.

The Chun-Li has a 3D Lenticular art top that has a rigid pattern to it.[/QUOTE]
Hi Markman. Could you also comment on the production numbers for those 2 sticks?

I've read that the Chun-Li one was a very limited run compared to the MvC3 one. Could you confirm that?

Thanks!

Was waiting for them to come back from their inventory to see if they had cheaper shipping and apparantly ground is the cheapest anyway. Man $135 is soo much money to spend on a fight stick. So tempted.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Was waiting for them to come back from their inventory to see if they had cheaper shipping and apparantly ground is the cheapest anyway. Man $135 is soo much money to spend on a fight stick. So tempted.[/QUOTE]
I recently bought one and let me tell you that it is worth the price. I bought it mainly for nostalgia, but man, fighting games are such a blast with the TE sticks. I also bought the Tekken wireless stick, but ended up returning it, I just didn't like the feel of the joystick, it felt too loose for my taste.

I would say to try one of the cheap sticks and then judge by yourself, I did it and ended up buying the real deal, but then again, I grew up playing arcades like a maniac.

[quote name='Evilv6']I recently bought one and let me tell you that it is worth the price. I bought it mainly for nostalgia, but man, fighting games are such a blast with the TE sticks. I also bought the Tekken wireless stick, but ended up returning it, I just didn't like the feel of the joystick, it felt too loose for my taste.

I would say to try one of the cheap sticks and then judge by yourself, I did it and ended up buying the real deal, but then again, I grew up playing arcades like a maniac.[/QUOTE]

You must be psychic. I was thinking of getting the Tekken stick as a cheap alternative but I know I'll regret it if I do. I've learned with electronics you get what you pay for. I rarely go cheap for this reason. I want the best as cheap as I can get rather than simply the lowest cost available on the market. I have a couple fight sticks from generations past and I always find I don't play them enough. Perhaps since this generation is going to be longer it would be worth the investment. Granted it's at least half over so maybe not :p

I still love my NES and SNES fightsticks. The NES one in particular is still probably better made than the majority of fightsticks available today. That thing is solid as a rock.

I've been wanting a Chun stick for a while. Now might be the time to jump on one. Of course, if I do, I'm gonna have to trick it out with the yellow bezel, buttons, and ball like MarkMan's, because that looks hot.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I've been wanting a Chun stick for a while. Now might be the time to jump on one. Of course, if I do, I'm gonna have to trick it out with the yellow bezel, buttons, and ball like MarkMan's, because that looks hot.[/QUOTE]

This is why I haven't bought it yet, because there is no better way to have one after seeing his imo.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I still love my NES and SNES fightsticks. The NES one in particular is still probably better made than the majority of fightsticks available today. That thing is solid as a rock.[/QUOTE]

The NES Advantage was the best stick I had for the system. I recently found my SNES Street Fighter 2 Fightstick from Capcom. That made playing SF2 as much as the arcade to home you could get at the time. I got 2 of SF IV TE R2 sticks from the B1G1 around the holidays. I was happy to get these sticks for the price but they are worth the full price. I don't know if they will have that sale again but if they do jump right on it. I would recommend this to any gamer that misses the arcade.

[quote name='rockphantom']Markman, what is the purpose of the WWE All Stars sticks/fight pads?

All Stars is unplayable with the joystick and fight pads because you need to use both analog sticks in order to pull off many maneuvers. Why were WWE sticks and pads even produced?

Milan[/QUOTE]

On the fightstick, if you press another button (I think select/back from what I remember reading) in addition to the joystick lever at the sametime, it functions as the right analog stick. Markman said the only time you'll run into possible issues is if you've got 3 - 4 opponents at once (something like that). He said this on SRK.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Hi Markman. Could you also comment on the production numbers for those 2 sticks?

I've read that the Chun-Li one was a very limited run compared to the MvC3 one. Could you confirm that?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Not sure about MvC3 but the Chun-Li stick's limited to 2000 per system. I'd pick the Chun-Li stick since the translucent blue case & 3D lenticular art's crazy! You gotta see it in person to truly appreciate both! The MvC3's basically a round 2 TE but with different artwork & a limited production run.

[quote name='isofan1']Do another Buy 1 Get 1 free promo again plz!!!!!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

i'm starting to get into this fight stick craze now. so i never paid attention before but was there really a B1G1 promo in the past?

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']On the fightstick, if you press another button (I think select/back from what I remember reading) in addition to the joystick lever at the sametime, it functions as the right analog stick. Markman said the only time you'll run into possible issues is if you've got 3 - 4 opponents at once (something like that). He said this on SRK.

Not sure about MvC3 but the Chun-Li stick's limited to 2000 per system. I'd pick the Chun-Li stick since the translucent blue case & 3D lenticular art's crazy! You gotta see it in person to truly appreciate both! The MvC3's basically a round 2 TE but with different artwork & a limited production run.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to question their claims on how rare these sticks are. I think MVC3 is limited to 2500 per system and my local Fry's has at least 10 Chun Li sticks stacked up in electronics.

[quote name='thetruth1983']I'm starting to question their claims on how rare these sticks are. I think MVC3 is limited to 2500 per system and my local Fry's has at least 10 Chun Li sticks stacked up in electronics.[/QUOTE]

LOL, each Chun-Li stick's individually numbered on the bottom so I highly doubt they're lying about limited production numbers ("1242/2000" etc). Not sure if the MvC3 stick's individually numbered. Markman would need to answer that. Besides, not everyone can justify spending $160 (plus local tax at Fry's) on a joystick so it doesn't surprise me your local Fry's has 10+ in-stock. Mine had 3 - 4 when I was there last week.

If they do B1G1s I'll just wait for one of those then. That way I can get one for each platform instead of having to choose. That's a way better deal than 20% off.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']LOL, each Chun-Li stick's individually numbered on the bottom so I highly doubt they're lying about limited production numbers ("1242/2000" etc). Not sure if the MvC3 stick's individually numbered. Markman would need to answer that. Besides, not everyone can justify spending $160 (plus local tax at Fry's) on a joystick so it doesn't surprise me your local Fry's has 10+ in-stock. Mine had 3 - 4 when I was there last week.[/QUOTE]

Firstly, I do not mind chun li stick having extras, but I've seen a chun li stick numbered 2020/2000 either in shoryuken's 'new stick' thread or a youtube video. Also the apparent availability of the sticks makes me question how limited this stick is. Well if the stick isn't limited I would feel less guilty in modding it, but at the same time I kinda feel I've been mislead.
*will update post after finding the link to my claim of being numbered 2020/2000

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']LOL, each Chun-Li stick's individually numbered on the bottom so I highly doubt they're lying about limited production numbers ("1242/2000" etc). Not sure if the MvC3 stick's individually numbered. Markman would need to answer that. Besides, not everyone can justify spending $160 (plus local tax at Fry's) on a joystick so it doesn't surprise me your local Fry's has 10+ in-stock. Mine had 3 - 4 when I was there last week.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I just don't see how there can be so many when there are only 2000. In regards to the guy that said he saw one where it was 2020/2000, I found a youtube video where a guy in the comments section claims that he has 2086/2000. It may be BS but we should know soon enough when people start receiving their new ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86O-I5YxASI&feature=related

[quote name='CaoPi']If you want to drop your jaws take a look at this guy lol, wolfkrone aka porkloafking very solid viper player. I haven't counted how many pads he have. It's amazing how he plays Viper on the dual shock 3 though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_9GEQ_CXP4[/QUOTE]

Wow I didn't know there was a such thing as a black 40 year old virgin! Lol jk but he does have way too many fight sticks!

[quote name='Donut2922']i'm starting to get into this fight stick craze now. so i never paid attention before but was there really a B1G1 promo in the past?[/QUOTE]

Yes they have had this in the past. This last holiday season they ran a special on SF IV R1 & R2 sticks for B1G1. Having 2 sticks for that price I couldn't pass it up. I don't know if they do this every year but the sale was extended a second time after the first one ended. If you wait I would wait til the holidays but then who know what the stock will look like.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']If they do B1G1s I'll just wait for one of those then. That way I can get one for each platform instead of having to choose. That's a way better deal than 20% off.[/QUOTE]

This. This. This.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']If they do B1G1s I'll just wait for one of those then. That way I can get one for each platform instead of having to choose. That's a way better deal than 20% off.[/QUOTE]
360 sticks basically work right out of the box on PC, and are incredibly easy to convert to PS3 sticks (I believe there's even a non-soldering solution out there). You could just get one for 20% off and mod it (which of course would add some to the cost), and then you wouldn't have to bother storing two sticks.

bread's done
Back