Photo
- - - - -

Mad Catz Spring Sale: 20% OFF PS3 TE FightSticks, B1G1 TVC + more! ENDS MONDAY!

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#31 Evilv6

Evilv6

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:35 AM

Was waiting for them to come back from their inventory to see if they had cheaper shipping and apparantly ground is the cheapest anyway. Man $135 is soo much money to spend on a fight stick. So tempted.

I recently bought one and let me tell you that it is worth the price. I bought it mainly for nostalgia, but man, fighting games are such a blast with the TE sticks. I also bought the Tekken wireless stick, but ended up returning it, I just didn't like the feel of the joystick, it felt too loose for my taste.

I would say to try one of the cheap sticks and then judge by yourself, I did it and ended up buying the real deal, but then again, I grew up playing arcades like a maniac.
Posted Image

#32 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:42 AM

I recently bought one and let me tell you that it is worth the price. I bought it mainly for nostalgia, but man, fighting games are such a blast with the TE sticks. I also bought the Tekken wireless stick, but ended up returning it, I just didn't like the feel of the joystick, it felt too loose for my taste.

I would say to try one of the cheap sticks and then judge by yourself, I did it and ended up buying the real deal, but then again, I grew up playing arcades like a maniac.

You must be psychic. I was thinking of getting the Tekken stick as a cheap alternative but I know I'll regret it if I do. I've learned with electronics you get what you pay for. I rarely go cheap for this reason. I want the best as cheap as I can get rather than simply the lowest cost available on the market. I have a couple fight sticks from generations past and I always find I don't play them enough. Perhaps since this generation is going to be longer it would be worth the investment. Granted it's at least half over so maybe not :P

I still love my NES and SNES fightsticks. The NES one in particular is still probably better made than the majority of fightsticks available today. That thing is solid as a rock.

#33 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:25 AM

I've been wanting a Chun stick for a while. Now might be the time to jump on one. Of course, if I do, I'm gonna have to trick it out with the yellow bezel, buttons, and ball like MarkMan's, because that looks hot.

#34 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:31 AM

I've been wanting a Chun stick for a while. Now might be the time to jump on one. Of course, if I do, I'm gonna have to trick it out with the yellow bezel, buttons, and ball like MarkMan's, because that looks hot.

This is why I haven't bought it yet, because there is no better way to have one after seeing his imo.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#35 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:20 AM

I still love my NES and SNES fightsticks. The NES one in particular is still probably better made than the majority of fightsticks available today. That thing is solid as a rock.

The NES Advantage was the best stick I had for the system. I recently found my SNES Street Fighter 2 Fightstick from Capcom. That made playing SF2 as much as the arcade to home you could get at the time. I got 2 of SF IV TE R2 sticks from the B1G1 around the holidays. I was happy to get these sticks for the price but they are worth the full price. I don't know if they will have that sale again but if they do jump right on it. I would recommend this to any gamer that misses the arcade.

#36 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:47 AM

Markman, what is the purpose of the WWE All Stars sticks/fight pads?

All Stars is unplayable with the joystick and fight pads because you need to use both analog sticks in order to pull off many maneuvers. Why were WWE sticks and pads even produced?

Milan

On the fightstick, if you press another button (I think select/back from what I remember reading) in addition to the joystick lever at the sametime, it functions as the right analog stick. Markman said the only time you'll run into possible issues is if you've got 3 - 4 opponents at once (something like that). He said this on SRK.

Hi Markman. Could you also comment on the production numbers for those 2 sticks?

I've read that the Chun-Li one was a very limited run compared to the MvC3 one. Could you confirm that?

Thanks!

Not sure about MvC3 but the Chun-Li stick's limited to 2000 per system. I'd pick the Chun-Li stick since the translucent blue case & 3D lenticular art's crazy! You gotta see it in person to truly appreciate both! The MvC3's basically a round 2 TE but with different artwork & a limited production run.
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#37 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:51 AM

Do another Buy 1 Get 1 free promo again plz!!!!!! :bouncy:

i'm starting to get into this fight stick craze now. so i never paid attention before but was there really a B1G1 promo in the past?

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#38 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:03 AM

On the fightstick, if you press another button (I think select/back from what I remember reading) in addition to the joystick lever at the sametime, it functions as the right analog stick. Markman said the only time you'll run into possible issues is if you've got 3 - 4 opponents at once (something like that). He said this on SRK.

Not sure about MvC3 but the Chun-Li stick's limited to 2000 per system. I'd pick the Chun-Li stick since the translucent blue case & 3D lenticular art's crazy! You gotta see it in person to truly appreciate both! The MvC3's basically a round 2 TE but with different artwork & a limited production run.

I'm starting to question their claims on how rare these sticks are. I think MVC3 is limited to 2500 per system and my local Fry's has at least 10 Chun Li sticks stacked up in electronics.

#39 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:09 AM

I'm starting to question their claims on how rare these sticks are. I think MVC3 is limited to 2500 per system and my local Fry's has at least 10 Chun Li sticks stacked up in electronics.

LOL, each Chun-Li stick's individually numbered on the bottom so I highly doubt they're lying about limited production numbers ("1242/2000" etc). Not sure if the MvC3 stick's individually numbered. Markman would need to answer that. Besides, not everyone can justify spending $160 (plus local tax at Fry's) on a joystick so it doesn't surprise me your local Fry's has 10+ in-stock. Mine had 3 - 4 when I was there last week.
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#40 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

If they do B1G1s I'll just wait for one of those then. That way I can get one for each platform instead of having to choose. That's a way better deal than 20% off.

#41 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:22 AM

LOL, each Chun-Li stick's individually numbered on the bottom so I highly doubt they're lying about limited production numbers ("1242/2000" etc). Not sure if the MvC3 stick's individually numbered. Markman would need to answer that. Besides, not everyone can justify spending $160 (plus local tax at Fry's) on a joystick so it doesn't surprise me your local Fry's has 10+ in-stock. Mine had 3 - 4 when I was there last week.

Firstly, I do not mind chun li stick having extras, but I've seen a chun li stick numbered 2020/2000 either in shoryuken's 'new stick' thread or a youtube video. Also the apparent availability of the sticks makes me question how limited this stick is. Well if the stick isn't limited I would feel less guilty in modding it, but at the same time I kinda feel I've been mislead.
*will update post after finding the link to my claim of being numbered 2020/2000

#42 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:51 AM

Fair enough. I just don't see how there can be so many when there are only 2000. In regards to the guy that said he saw one where it was 2020/2000, I found a youtube video where a guy in the comments section claims that he has 2086/2000. It may be BS but we should know soon enough when people start receiving their new ones.

#43 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:43 AM

If you want to drop your jaws take a look at this guy lol, wolfkrone aka porkloafking very solid viper player. I haven't counted how many pads he have. It's amazing how he plays Viper on the dual shock 3 though.

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#44 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

If you want to drop your jaws take a look at this guy lol, wolfkrone aka porkloafking very solid viper player. I haven't counted how many pads he have. It's amazing how he plays Viper on the dual shock 3 though.

Wow I didn't know there was a such thing as a black 40 year old virgin! Lol jk but he does have way too many fight sticks!

#45 Monroeski

Monroeski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:02 PM

One per order, that sucks. Looking to buy 2.

#46 joen05

joen05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

Gah, wish I had waited for 20% off instead of 10% off the Chun Li stick I bought. :cry:
Posted ImagePosted Image
$85 in Amazon Gift Cards earned to Date from Swag Bucks! Click above to start earning for just searching the web! :)

#47 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:38 PM

i'm starting to get into this fight stick craze now. so i never paid attention before but was there really a B1G1 promo in the past?

Yes they have had this in the past. This last holiday season they ran a special on SF IV R1 & R2 sticks for B1G1. Having 2 sticks for that price I couldn't pass it up. I don't know if they do this every year but the sale was extended a second time after the first one ended. If you wait I would wait til the holidays but then who know what the stock will look like.

#48 noobeffect

noobeffect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

If they do B1G1s I'll just wait for one of those then. That way I can get one for each platform instead of having to choose. That's a way better deal than 20% off.

This. This. This.

#49 Monroeski

Monroeski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:03 PM

360 sticks basically work right out of the box on PC, and are incredibly easy to convert to PS3 sticks (I believe there's even a non-soldering solution out there). You could just get one for 20% off and mod it (which of course would add some to the cost), and then you wouldn't have to bother storing two sticks.

#50 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

Yes they have had this in the past. This last holiday season they ran a special on SF IV R1 & R2 sticks for B1G1. Having 2 sticks for that price I couldn't pass it up. I don't know if they do this every year but the sale was extended a second time after the first one ended. If you wait I would wait til the holidays but then who know what the stock will look like.

holy smokes are you f'ing serious? the TE's were part of the B1G1? well hot damn, i'm gonna wait for that then. like you said, stock issues may be a problem but thanks man. :)

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#51 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

holy smokes are you f'ing serious? the TE's were part of the B1G1? well hot damn, i'm gonna wait for that then. like you said, stock issues may be a problem but thanks man. :)

If you have the patience to wait it's worth it unless you need one ASAP!

Who knows if the B1G1 free will come back. I hope it does so other CAGs can get there game on with these quality sticks. I think I paid with shipping & tax $170 for the 2 sticks. These sticks weigh about 10 lbs. also I heard some people from that deal got sticks that had problems. I would hate to have to do a return on these sticks.

#52 hobbie8046

hobbie8046

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:52 PM

No way the Chun-Li sticks are not as limited as they are saying they are.

76561197983083270.png

#53 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

Firstly, I do not mind chun li stick having extras, but I've seen a chun li stick numbered 2020/2000 either in shoryuken's 'new stick' thread or a youtube video. Also the apparent availability of the sticks makes me question how limited this stick is. Well if the stick isn't limited I would feel less guilty in modding it, but at the same time I kinda feel I've been mislead.
*will update post after finding the link to my claim of being numbered 2020/2000

Ya, I'd feel mis-lead as well if that's the case but then again, I didn't buy it mainly for the limited edition aspect. I bought it mainly b/c the crazy looking translucent blue case & 3D lenticular artwork w/that rigid top layer (in addition to the Sanwa parts & design). The limited part was just a bonus for me but to each their own.

Fair enough. I just don't see how there can be so many when there are only 2000. In regards to the guy that said he saw one where it was 2020/2000, I found a youtube video where a guy in the comments section claims that he has 2086/2000. It may be BS but we should know soon enough when people start receiving their new ones.

Yes, we've all seen it at Fry's...but where else have you seen it for sale (in the U.S.) besides Fry's, Madcatz (Gameshark) & Capcom's website? And no, Craigslist & eBay doesn't count, haha! My point is, not that many stores & websites has it for sale. Not sure how many have been sold to this day but (again) how many people can justify walking into Fry's & spend $160 (plus local tax) on a joystick (hence them sitting on the shelves)? That's not a lot of money BUT that's a lot for a gaming peripheral.

Markman, can you respond to these questions regarding over-production (> #2000)?

#54 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

i have 147/2000 on the ps3 and i ordered last week so i do find it odd but the capcom strore says the only have 10ish and 34 for the 360 and ps3

#55 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:39 PM

Found the pic to prove my claim (it was actually 2030/2000 not 2020/2000)

Check JayBalance post made on 2/20/11 at 3:46pm (post # 16398)
http://shoryuken.com...ml#post10298991

Ya, I'd feel mis-lead as well if that's the case but then again, I didn't buy it mainly for the limited edition aspect. I bought it mainly b/c the crazy looking translucent blue case & 3D lenticular artwork w/that rigid top layer (in addition to the Sanwa parts & design). The limited part was just a bonus for me but to each their own.

Same here, I bought it for the unique look and functionality aspect. I did not buy the stick for collection, but when I did buy it I factored in the 'fact' that it was limited so it was likely to retain value (if I ever wanted to sell it to get some other stick). Unless Markman can comment on 2030/2000 pic it seems very likely, if not completely confirms, that the Chun Li TE stick have more than 2000 produced. This doesn't suck for me as much, but it must suck for all those early buyers/'preorderers'.

Technically, no where on the product page states the fightsticks as being limited.

Edited by dejeckt, 06 April 2011 - 11:13 PM.

#56 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:05 PM

Found the pic to prove my claim (it was actually 2030/2000 not 2020/2000)

Check JayBalance post made on 2/20/11 at 3:46pm (post # 16398)
http://shoryuken.com...ml#post10298991

i find it weird that no one said anythnig about it

#57 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:24 PM

I've taken these "limited runs" with a grain of salt, especially after being able to add 999 PS3 BlazBlue TE sticks to my Amazon cart 10 months after they were released (limited to 1500). I figured they were repeating numbers and hoping people would not compare rather than straight up exceeding the max number.

It's dishonest, but the actual outcome doesn't bother me one bit though. I really hate it when people hoard items just because of the perceived rarity. I actually prefer overproduction because it means people won't miss out and it increases the likelihood that it will go on sale. It doesn't make my joystick any less useful.

Chun-Li stick looks fantastic and has the most updated PCB AFAIK, so I would recommend that one. If you don't care about looks, the older sticks have historically gone on sale for ~$100 individually.

#58 creep23

creep23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:38 PM

still rocking my Rd1 TE stick, but I'm definitely going to buy that chun li stick also.

#59 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:40 PM

I've taken these "limited runs" with a grain of salt, especially after being able to add 999 PS3 BlazBlue TE sticks to my Amazon cart 10 months after they were released (limited to 1500). I figured they were repeating numbers and hoping people would not compare rather than straight up exceeding the max number.

It's dishonest, but the actual outcome doesn't bother me one bit though. I really hate it when people hoard items just because of the perceived rarity. I actually prefer overproduction because it means people won't miss out and it increases the likelihood that it will go on sale. It doesn't make my joystick any less useful.

Chun-Li stick looks fantastic and has the most updated PCB AFAIK, so I would recommend that one. If you don't care about looks, the older sticks have historically gone on sale for ~$100 individually.

I wholly agree that the stick is still great, but as you said its just plain dishonest. Seems like sales tactics used by street vendors towards tourists or something. If it was truly limited I wouldn't had the chance to purchase the stick (or pay premium for it), but it is very dishonest to sell an item as 'limited' when they only mean 'tentatively limited' especially to the people who bought it back when it was first released at $200.

#60 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:11 AM

I don't know a whole lot about statistics but I would expect that with over 2 millions copies of mvc3 shipped, these sticks would have been gone a long time ago. You can't really say that people are not willing to spend 160 on a joystick since people were paying $1500 for iPad 2s just a couple weeks ago on eBay. If capcom has indeed made more than 2000, then I would say that's a slap in the face especially for the people that bought them at launch. I'm curious to see how limited the mortal kombat joystick will be with it's 20k produced.....