Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#4 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:16 AM

is it 2 discs or dlc codes?

2 Discs for the xbox 360 version and one disc for PS3.

#5 jaide

jaide

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:22 AM

I really kind of want to get this for ps3 even though I bought the Special Edition for xbox 360 at launch and bought the other content for pc...

#6 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:53 AM

i recall reading once that gamers with the disc version can't play with gamers with the DLCs? or am i mistaken?

#7 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:21 AM

hmm i actually bought the ps3 version and didn't really like the controls for it. The graphics were kinda meh too. I actually just stoped playing a few hours in. I wonder if i should get it on the 360 and give it another shot. Anyone know if the 360 version looks better? Id imagine the triggers would work better for aiming

also wondering if anyone thinks this would hit closer to 20 bucks eventually? Im in no real rrush

#8 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:25 AM

Can I activate the addons with the Games On Demand version?

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#9 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:45 AM

This is a $2 drop according to my Amazon shopping cart.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#10 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:12 PM

hmm i actually bought the ps3 version and didn't really like the controls for it. The graphics were kinda meh too. I actually just stoped playing a few hours in. I wonder if i should get it on the 360 and give it another shot. Anyone know if the 360 version looks better? Id imagine the triggers would work better for aiming

also wondering if anyone thinks this would hit closer to 20 bucks eventually? Im in no real rrush

360 version runs at slightly higher resolution and uses Antialiasing, whereas the PS3 version has more emphasized lighting. The majority of people would prefer the 360 version, but some people thought the PS3 version had a look that's more consistent and cohesive w/ the GTA style, whatever that is.

I'm tempted by this deal, but the sheer fun of Saints Row 2 has pretty much ruined the GTA series for me.

#11 jbuck138

jbuck138

Wario for President!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:04 PM

I finished the main game's story last night. I'm going to play something else and than play the dlc games. I was going to trade it in a few weeks ago, but the story finally picked up and realized I could use taxi's to get places much quicker. I played on PS3 and it looked fine to me and the GTA controls were fine when I got used to them.

#12 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:10 PM

I've been kicking myself for months for not buying this at K-mart when it was $19.99. I bought the Sly collection instead which is fine, but I should have bought both. So I'm just going to wait patiently until it gets to that price again :)

It'd end up in my backlog anyway so I guess there's no rush

#13 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

I've been kicking myself for months for not buying this at K-mart when it was $19.99. I bought the Sly collection instead which is fine, but I should have bought both. So I'm just going to wait patiently until it gets to that price again :)

same here missed out on that kmart deal, they were all gone at my local store but I did get it on Steam during the holiday sale. I still want it on PS3 though, I'll wait until it hits $20 again

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#14 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:14 PM

It'd end up in my backlog anyway so I guess there's no rush

You aren't alone, Amazon's had this for the $29.99 range, so as someone else said, about a $2 drop. I'm waiting for the magical $19.99 price point as well since Kmart was out of stock last time and Amazon never matched.

Even for $27.99 though, it's alot of gaming, but it'd end up in the backlog.

#15 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

it was also in another DotD for $25.99 a couple of months ago
Posted Image

#16 OldSlowGamer

OldSlowGamer

Old Slow Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

I'm in. I got GTA 4 on release day for PS3 but never really got into it. Prefer Saints Row over GTA but I will give it another try with the DLC. Worse case can flip it on ebay.
89994.png

#17 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

I'm in. I got GTA 4 on release day for PS3 but never really got into it. Prefer Saints Row over GTA but I will give it another try with the DLC. Worse case can flip it on ebay.

flipping is when you do it fast, like trading at gamestop the same day you bought it for a profit
Posted Image

#18 maguszxz

maguszxz

Vote Drake/Sully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:37 AM

I got my copy from Gamestop for 29.99 plus tax. If it wasn't for the fact, that it is in my hands now, I will refund it and order it. I will just keep my eyes out when LA Noire drops.

fs_overall.png

blackwindguy.png