Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/3/11 to 4/9/11)

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#31 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

ofcourse now they give the $50 gc after I buy it 2 weeks ago

1080i is for douchebags

#32 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

does this accrue best buy gamer points? ($150 spent = $10) or does video game hardware only get $1 for $1?

i'm assuming you get taxed on $150 instead of $200 since they don't tax the gift card?

You'll get taxed for the full 200 bucks, since its not a 50 dollar gift card AND 50 bucks off the console.

#33 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

Crap, bought my son a 4GB last week with the free 2nd controller. Would have much rather had the $50 GC. Already took the new 2nd controller out and sold his old XBOX with his 2 old controllers.

Free controller or Gift card is pretty close to the same. Be glad you are not on this week there are no deals until next! :)

#34 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

Bleh, I just got a 360 last week with the free controller promo. I doubt I'll ever use the controller (it's still sealed) so I'll probably be returning the system and rebuying it for the $50 GC.

#35 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

Is the extra GB worth it on the 360? How much of an impact does it make?

Definitely worth it!!!

Strongly recommend staying away from a 4GB unit unless you're planning on adding more memory.

You have to install games on the new slim units or the xbox will vibrate/buzz like a weed wacker. Each game is well over 4 GB.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#36 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:44 PM

Definitely worth it!!!

Strongly recommend staying away from a 4GB unit unless you're planning on adding more memory.

You have to install games on the new slim units or the xbox will vibrate/buzz like a weed wacker. Each game is well over 4 GB.

Is the DVD drive in the slim louder than the old systems?

#37 Jankee

Jankee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:46 PM

It's much quieter.

#38 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:55 PM

To someone thats never owned the original 360 it probably sounds like it's about to explode, but it's actually quieter than the old drive. Installing it to the HDD makes it so that the console is quiet enough that it sounds like it's on the dashboard while playing a game.

#39 bugeeker

bugeeker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:04 PM

my launch box just died on me.. i will hop on the 4gb console and use the 50$ gift card towards the 100$ 250gb hard drive. essentially saving me 50$ on a 250gb console i was going to buy today but bestbuy was sold out of. thanks for the post.

I would suggest you keep your old (probably 20GB) hard drive, pop it out of it's case and plug it into your new 4GB system. Should work fine and will save you a tub-o-cash.

#40 technole

technole

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

Crysis 2 already dropping. Good thing I waited.

Yeah, I might jump into the Crysis 2 fray.

technole.png

#41 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:36 PM

Can I use any USB drive to copy my files and save states to new xbox slim?

#42 wr3ck

wr3ck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:43 PM

MSRP

:360::ps3: Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars>>>>>$59.99

MSRP on this is $49.99. Same price as the Wii version.

#43 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:57 PM

Yeah honestly never had a 360 before so I am excited, I'm assuming the 4 gb is the slim one? Assuming I'm not buying games from the XBLA or what's it called, 4 gb is good enough? I can't spend too much anyways. Does the 250 GB hard drive count as an accessory so we get $30 off? What are the select 360 accessories? Can't wait to buy it.

#44 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

Is that udraw tablet any good? I was thinkin of pickin up doods adventure w/ it for my 6 year old son cause he LOVES drawing (especially video game characters like castle crashers and mario).

Kmart is selling the uDrawing tablet with 1 game free this week. It's in THIS weeks flyer - not for next week.

I thought a long time about buying this for my 2 young sons but then realized if they want to draw on the Wii just point at the screen and draw, why buy a tablet? The Wiiware demo for Max and the Purple Crayon emphasizes this.

#45 mdvayne1982

mdvayne1982

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:19 PM

Is that Batman:AA the GOTY platinum hits version? I still need to jump on that one.

#46 UlysisAM

UlysisAM

'Nuff Said...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

Is that Batman:AA the GOTY platinum hits version? I still need to jump on that one.

I was wondering the same thing, only for the PS3 Greatest Hits version. If it is, maybe I can snag a copy on Sunday after work and see if I can get the GOTY version in the regular clear case rather than the red one.

#47 fujimitsu

fujimitsu

I came to drink milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:49 PM

The UPCs are likely the same for the goty and the goty greatest hits, they almost always are unless the actual content changes (dlc or w/e). Only way to know is just look and see what the store has.

Been thinking about a 360 but the 4gb is the one that always has decent promos... but half the reason I want the damned thing is the xbla exclusives so that's out. You really need a bigger hard drive if you use the thing at all, it improves load times so much to install them.

#48 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:58 PM

You'll get taxed for the full 200 bucks, since its not a 50 dollar gift card AND 50 bucks off the console.

i understand that, but usually when target has specials like this, they will split it up. for example, if target was running the same promotion it would be a bundle sale $149.99 + $50 GC for $200 total.

gift cards are usually not taxed when you purchase them so you get taxed on $149.99; maybe i shouldn't even worry about it, the difference in tax is only ~$5.

Edited by frpilot, 30 March 2011 - 06:09 PM.

#49 fujimitsu

fujimitsu

I came to drink milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:06 PM

i understand that. usually when target has specials like this, they will split it up. for example, if target was running the same promotion it would be a bundle sale $149.99 + $50 GC for $200 total. but gift cards are not taxed when you purchase them so you get taxed on $149.99; maybe i shouldn't even worry about it, the difference in tax is only ~$5.

Yep, that is their simple method of preventing return fraud. Allows them to accept returns while not having to deal with setting up a complex sale in their PoS system. BB used to be awful about this, worked there in high school and people would scam all the time (usually involving warranty promos or geek squad promos) and there was little we could do. They used to do horrible things like make new skus and custom upc stickers for product that was part of a promotion, and then just rely on employees not to sell it without the promo items. Sounds like they've tightened up on that a bit.

#50 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:31 PM

I think this is a great thread and a great weekend. For the last 2-3 weeks I've been hoping a 4GB Xbox promo would come out that I liked. I have about $40 in previous giftcards that I've desperately been trying to use up. Out of pocket cost for the equivalent of a 250GB Xbox, $210, no sales tax in Oregon. Stout.

#51 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:17 PM

Just a fyi, chances are amazon will match this deal......so most will be able to save on tax. Also, for those looking at picking up the 250 gb hard drive, amazon also currently has it for $90.13, which is $10 cheaper plus no tax for most. If you have best buy gift cards/reward zone certificates, head to your local bestbuy and look by the kindles, usually they have kindle gift cards which are actually just amazon gift cards.

#52 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

To someone thats never owned the original 360 it probably sounds like it's about to explode, but it's actually quieter than the old drive. Installing it to the HDD makes it so that the console is quiet enough that it sounds like it's on the dashboard while playing a game.

Does the Slim's DVD-drive still vibrate the system when spinning low in the dashboard? That's the single most annoying thing from the fat 360s.

#53 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

Just a fyi, chances are amazon will match this deal......so most will be able to save on tax. Also, for those looking at picking up the 250 gb hard drive, amazon also currently has it for $90.13, which is $10 cheaper plus no tax for most. If you have best buy gift cards/reward zone certificates, head to your local bestbuy and look by the kindles, usually they have kindle gift cards which are actually just amazon gift cards.

are you sure it works? not sure why kindle gift cards would apply to regular amazon items.

#54 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:59 PM

are you sure it works? not sure why kindle gift cards would apply to regular amazon items.

It is all the same credit on your amazon account...I've done this myself....Having them say "kindle" on them makes Best Buy and other retailers feel better about having a gift card for a direct competitor in their store. If you read the card carefully, it says it is good for all kindle content and other items sold by amazon.com.

#55 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:26 PM

Thats actually not a bad price for Just Dance 2 and Black Ops Wii.

That's the lowest JD2 price from a major retailer.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#56 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:54 PM

MSRP on this is $49.99. Same price as the Wii version.

Good call thanks, force of habit. Fixed.
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#57 lostfan

lostfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:01 PM

I was wondering the same thing, only for the PS3 Greatest Hits version. If it is, maybe I can snag a copy on Sunday after work and see if I can get the GOTY version in the regular clear case rather than the red one.

$20 for Batman? Does this Batman have online play? Probably gonna bite even though I have no intentions of buying more games anytime soon, I'm getting a stack that is greater than my time available. I have to stay off this site. Saving money is relative to spending money you never intended on spending. Still, $20 for Batman.......sweet! A rare good deal from Best Buy.

#58 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:35 PM

The wireless controller is $30 @ walmart.com
http://www.walmart.c...ox-360/15126817

Crysis 2 $50 nice bought it on release getting the $10 giftcard & $10 pre-order bonus so it's basically $30 with a price match.

Edited by Enuf, 31 March 2011 - 12:56 AM.

#59 Blue Arcana

Blue Arcana

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:08 PM

Can't you install games to an outside party flashdrive/external harddrive up to 16 gb on the 360? That should cover most games, right?

#60 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:57 PM

Is there any disadvantage to buying a 4GB model and dropping a 250GB hard drive into it? Other than the outside finish?
Posted Image