Buy Dragon Age II (any platform?) and get Mass Effect 2 (PC) free

JKSonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just got an email from Bioware... It's unclear (at least to me) whether you have to BUY IT by 4/30 or if you have to had already bought it, and then you have until 4/30 to activate it.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Thanks to gamers like you, Dragon Age II is off to a great start – breaking the 1 million mark in less than two weeks and faster than Dragon Age: Origins. We appreciate your support. As a special thank you for helping with the game's early success, BioWare would like to present you with a download code for 2010's Game of the Year, Mass Effect 2 on PC. As always, we sincerely appreciate your support and passion as we remain focused on delivering quality interactive experiences now and in the future. Look for more exciting things coming from Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Star Wars: The Old Republic in the future, including our recent launch of Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC

[/FONT]
110404_DA2ME2_OWNERS_spacer.gif
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]To qualify and get your Mass Effect 2 PC download code, please follow these steps before April 30, 2011 at 11:59pm PDT:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]1.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Activate the Online Pass content that came with your copy of Dragon Age II (The Black Emporium)[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Start the game and log in using your EA Account or create a new EA Account[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]3.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Visit http://social.bioware.com/me2offer and log in with that EA Account[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]4.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Enter your Online Pass code and click "Submit". You will then be provided the code for Mass Effect 2.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Open the EA Download Manager and enter the code to commence download (if you don't have the EA Download Manager installed, it can be found here: http://eastore.ea.com/eadm)[/FONT]

I just got this email as well; I'm rather. . .impressed? Kind of a slap to anyone who already bought ME2, though. Guess I have another game to play!

I just got the email too. Its says in the faq:

All Dragon Age II game owners who purchased a new copy of Dragon Age II and follow the below steps before April 30th at 11:59pm PDT qualify.

Im trying now but the site must be jammed up because its taking forever to load. Doesnt say if it matters what version you bought. I bought in 360 so im going to try it why not, lol

Just got the same e-mail. Are these games tied to your account, or can I download the game and install it on a PC that doesn't have the EA Download Manager on it?

Yeah it's cool, but I would think they'd give you ME 2 for whatever platform you bought DA II for. I already have it on 360 anyway, but I buy games like this on the 360 for a reason (even though I have a PC which can handle most titles), and that's because I enjoy playing on it more.

Still, free is free and I won't complain.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Just got the same e-mail. Are these games tied to your account, or can I download the game and install it on a PC that doesn't have the EA Download Manager on it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was wondering too, I mean I already have it and some DLC on my 360 so the only way this will probably get any use would be if I could give it to somebody.

Great gesture, flawed idea, lol.

Everytime I get to the page to enter my online code I enter it and hit submit and it takes me back to the log in page. Figures, well atleast I have itll the 30th to get it to work, lol

[quote name='jcmeadows']Everytime I get to the page to enter my online code I enter it and hit submit and it takes me back to the log in page. Figures, well atleast I have itll the 30th to get it to work, lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm seeing people saying it won't work too, it seems like all the emails went out at once so I'm sure there's tons of people trying it.

[quote name='JKSonic']Yeah I'm seeing people saying it won't work too, it seems like all the emails went out at once so I'm sure there's tons of people trying it.[/QUOTE]

Im sure, it did tell me severs were too busy one time. Ill just try again before I go to bed, lol

Wow, very nice gesture on the behalf of BioWare. I will probably end up giving someone my code, though. Already have ME2 and all of the DLC for the 360.

Great offer from Bioware, although I already have ME2 (bought it at launch), I can give the D/L code to a friend. One bad thing about this free version however, is you don't get a Cerberus Network code with it, so you won't be able to get any of the DLC for it.

well i assume most people who bought dragon age II already had mass effect 2.

Most but not all. Anyway its the least they can do for making you go to the same cave 200 times to do generic fetch/kill quests.

One bad thing about this free version however, is you don't get a Cerberus Network code with it, so you won't be able to get any of the DLC for it.

its almost like EA is giving you a used copy lol

project 10$ eh? since the game can be had on pc for only $10 i dont see how its worth it lol.

[quote name='Marker']Great offer from Bioware, although I already have ME2 (bought it at launch), I can give the D/L code to a friend. One bad thing about this free version however, is you don't get a Cerberus Network code with it, so you won't be able to get any of the DLC for it.[/QUOTE]My friend doesn't have a gaming PC, so he sent me his account info and code to get it. Do I just go in and generate the code and then plug it into MY EADM to download? It's not tied to his ID or anything, is it?

Sucks about the lack of Cerberus - how can EA take that out of some downloadable copies but not others? What happens with normal downloads since it's not as if we can sell our PC games like console titles?

Yeah, I got this too. I wish I didn't already own ME2, haha. Or, alternatively, that they could've give people that own both ME2 and DA2 like access to DLC or something.

[quote name='DirkBelig']My friend doesn't have a gaming PC, so he sent me his account info and code to get it. Do I just go in and generate the code and then plug it into MY EADM to download? It's not tied to his ID or anything, is it?

Sucks about the lack of Cerberus - how can EA take that out of some downloadable copies but not others? What happens with normal downloads since it's not as if we can sell our PC games like console titles?[/QUOTE]

The code shouldn't be tied to any account until it is actually redeemed. I haven't done this myself yet so I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you can just get the code from your friend's account, then log on to your EADM and redeem it there.

If you buy the digital version of ME2, you get 2 codes. One for the game, and one for the Cerberus network. In the case of this free version, you're just getting the code for the game.

[quote name='Magic24']any body want my mass effect code ?? already beat it and it wont work on my mac anyways.[/QUOTE]

If you still have it I would be, sent you a message as well

CONFIRMED: Just for everyone's information, you CAN give this promotion to a friend!

You need to have the copy of dragon age 2, your own EA account, etc. etc. Your friend also needs the EA downloader and his/her own account.

DO NOT REDEEM THE MASS EFFECT 2 CODE! Just give it to your friend, have them enter it in the "redeem code" section in the downloader, and voila! A copy of ME2 on their account. I just confirmed this with my friend, so go nuts!

[quote name='retrad']project 10$ eh? since the game can be had on pc for only $10 i dont see how its worth it lol.[/QUOTE]

god you're a moron. they give you a free game and you complain.

-----

I already bought ME2 (twice) for the xbox. I wonder if I can just give this code to a friend of sell it on the CAG marketplace.

----
edit: thanks for confirming saxybeast.

[quote name='saxybeast418']CONFIRMED: Just for everyone's information, you CAN give this promotion to a friend!

You need to have the copy of dragon age 2, your own EA account, etc. etc. Your friend also needs the EA downloader and his/her own account.

DO NOT REDEEM THE MASS EFFECT 2 CODE! Just give it to your friend, have them enter it in the "redeem code" section in the downloader, and voila! A copy of ME2 on their account. I just confirmed this with my friend, so go nuts![/QUOTE]
Thanks for the confirmation. I'll be giving mine away also since I don't have a PC that can play the game.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, and suddenly the eBay value of ME2 plummets. . .[/QUOTE]

Pretty sad that a game w/ such critical acclaim has so little value now only a year after its release.

Got the email.
Wish they made it so that you could choose between ME2 or 1-2 DLC packs.

Just bought ME2 PC last month during a EA Flash Deal.

[quote name='saxybeast418']CONFIRMED: Just for everyone's information, you CAN give this promotion to a friend!

DO NOT REDEEM THE MASS EFFECT 2 CODE! Just give it to your friend, have them enter it in the "redeem code" section in the downloader, and voila! A copy of ME2 on their account. I just confirmed this with my friend, so go nuts![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation! I already have the special PC edition with the CN and other free gear, so I'm going to pass this over to my cousin today.

The game feels complete and doesn't need the Cerberus code at all. All it does is add some throw away missions and an extra character which has far less interactivity/dialog than your other characters and a 1-2 hours forgettable side quest with him.

For those who already have the game, tough beans. It sucks it isn't multi platform but that would have cost them significantly more to have to ship discs and pay manufacturing fees to Sony/Microsoft.

Bioware and Ea tried to do something nice and are trying to get people to play and get into Mass Effect 2 before 3 comes out. This isn't much different than similar THQ promotions (Darksiders had a free copy of Red Faction, Homefront had a free copy of Metro 2033, etc.). No one complained with their offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pROvIs']The game feels complete and doesn't need the Cerberus code at all. All tt does is add some throw away missions and an extra character which has far less interactivity/dialog than your other characters and a 1-2 hours forgettable side quest with him.[/QUOTE]There's an extra character, a bounty hunter, that is only accessible thru Cerberus and he's got a special attack you get after gaining his loyalty that made him almost mandatory in your party for maximum damage. No Cerberus, no boom-boom. I'd miss him, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. Even if you buy the CN code, it's still half as much as buying the game new.

[quote name='DirkBelig']There's an extra character, a bounty hunter, that is only accessible thru Cerberus and he's got a special attack you get after gaining his loyalty that made him almost mandatory in your party for maximum damage. No Cerberus, no boom-boom. I'd miss him, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. Even if you buy the CN code, it's still half as much as buying the game new.[/QUOTE]

It all depends on your play style. Zaedd is the characters name. I used him occasionally but for the most part I never felt that he was a necessary or even good character.

Zaeed can definitely be an asset on Insanity, especially in some of the early levels when you don't have a lot of other choices. He's got a good mix of anti-organic and anti-synthetic powers, plus a sniper rifle. I'd actually put him in the upper tier of squadmates overall.

[quote name='pROvIs']

Bioware and Ea tried to do something nice and are trying to get people to play and get into Mass Effect 2 before 3 comes out. This isn't much different than similar THQ promotions (Darksiders had a free copy of Red Faction, Homefront had a free copy of Metro 2033, etc.). No one complained with there offer.[/QUOTE]

Actually they did. People were complaining about having to pay $5 s/h for a free game. :roll:

CAG is a travesty sometimes.

I have a free code for the first reply (join date March 2011 or earlier) And I mean a CAG thats actually going to use it and not try and resell it.

[quote name='pROvIs']It all depends on your play style. Zaedd is the characters name. I used him occasionally but for the most part I never felt that he was a necessary or even good character.[/QUOTE]

I finished the game twice and at no time did I ever have Zaeed in my squad for more than 1 mission to realize his personality sucks. I'd much rather have Mordin, Garrus or Grunt. My last playthrough was on insanity. The cerberus code really doesn't add too much of anything. Neither does the Kasumi DLC. Shadow broker DLC, though, is top notch...but overpriced.

[quote name='newtypex']I finished the game twice and at no time did I ever have Zaeed in my squad for more than 1 mission to realize his personality sucks. I'd much rather have Mordin, Garrus or Grunt. My last playthrough was on insanity. The cerberus code really doesn't add too much of anything. Neither does the Kasumi DLC. Shadow broker DLC, though, is top notch...but overpriced.[/QUOTE]
I would say all the DLC is way overpriced. Seeing as I completed every one including Arrival. The only reason I can see them being worth it is if they did have a major impact on Mass Effect 3.

Also it's nice to know that I can give the code to someone else. I have no use for it and I know someone who will.

[quote name='newtypex']I finished the game twice and at no time did I ever have Zaeed in my squad for more than 1 mission to realize his personality sucks.[/QUOTE]I'm not bringing him in my party for his conversational skills or fondue recipes, but to blow enemies up.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I'm not bringing him in my party for his conversational skills or fondue recipes, but to blow enemies up.[/QUOTE]
RPLoL!

It would have been better if it was the PS3 version of ME2 and wait for an EA flash deal on DA2 plus my $20 off coupon = BEST DEAL EVER!

[quote name='DirkBelig']I'm not bringing him in my party for his conversational skills or fondue recipes, but to blow enemies up.[/QUOTE]

And none of the other squad members can kill enemies? Zaeed is not necessary--not even on insanity. No ME2 DLC is necessary to enjoy the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question about the EA download manager? Can you install it to get the game and then delete it and play the game with no problems?

[quote name='confoosious']Actually they did. People were complaining about having to pay $5 s/h for a free game. :roll:

CAG is a travesty sometimes.[/QUOTE]

I just realized I've yet to play Red Faction. Damn waste of $5.

Looks like they're trying to milk everything they can out of ME2 DLC right now. GOTY/PH version may be coming soon.

For the record, I think ME2 is the best game made this gen.

I already have ME2 PC on disc.

Anyways, so...what's the best deal around for Dragon Age 2 PC - Retail Box Version or Download Version?

"Homefront had a free copy of Metro 2033"

Oh? Is that in all copies and it's redeemable until a certain date like all the other games? Was at BB today and didn't see it advertised on any of the Homefronts they had.

Man, pretty awesome...even though the lack of Steam activation makes me a sad panda. Ah well, I was waiting for it to drop to $2.50 anyway!

Well, well...all the Cerberus content is accessible from the Profile>Your registered game content menu in the form of downloadable EXEs, not via the EADM. If you've gotten a code from a friend, they have access to all the add-ons.

Actually, isn't the 360 DLCs cross compatible with the PC version? Since I recall EA listing them as the same entitlement or something.

[quote name='JKSonic']"Homefront had a free copy of Metro 2033"

Oh? Is that in all copies and it's redeemable until a certain date like all the other games? Was at BB today and didn't see it advertised on any of the Homefronts they had.[/QUOTE]
Think it was just on Steam so that's probably why.

bread's done
Back