Borderlands Game of the Year Edition for Xbox 360 back to $20 on Amazon

I know this isn't the best place to ask, but I love you guys, so I figured I would try. If I have a copy of the original game, and bought all the DLC, other than to keep a hard copy backup of the DLC there is no reason to buy this right? Or is there special new DLC out for it. I think the last one I got was the claptrap revolution.

Oh man.
And here i thought i could save some money since it went out of stock for that price yesterday. Man, I hate being bad with money. :p

Thanks a bunch for the heads up OP! :D

Sorry to ask this... how does the GOTY edition work? Is everything on once disc and does everything run from the disc?

I bought Borderlands on release and already have all the DLC. Just wondering if I could save some HDD space by buying this.

I just bouth this on Friday the 1st from Gamestop, I came with an extra disc that had all of the DLC on it. I had to install it on the hard drive to play it.

[quote name='teknomedic']Sorry to ask this... how does the GOTY edition work? Is everything on once disc and does everything run from the disc?

I bought Borderlands on release and already have all the DLC. Just wondering if I could save some HDD space by buying this.[/QUOTE]

Two discs. You download the DLC from the second disc. It will still take up space on your hard drive. On the positive side, you can sell the game immediately if you still have a copy of the non-GOTY sitting around.

[quote name='depascal22']Two discs. You download the DLC from the second disc. It will still take up space on your hard drive. On the positive side, you can sell the game immediately if you still have a copy of the non-GOTY sitting around.[/QUOTE]

What's the non-GOTY go for?... I've still got it.

Never mind, figured it out... Two disc with DLC on disc or One disc with DLC coupons.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='graf1k']Damn it, my order with Gamestop already shipped! Oh well.... :([/QUOTE]

Damn. I could have saved $1.74 on tax if I would have got it through Amazon instead.

[quote name='test.type']Damn. I could have saved $1.74 on tax if I would have got it through Amazon instead.[/QUOTE]

I'd just rather give my money to Amazon personally.

Great! I was going to get it when it was deal of the day, but was looking for something to pair with it to get free shipping when it went out of stock. With Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY being $20 now I got it too. Was able to use a $15 credit from Dragon Age 2, so it was only $25 total for both.

I'm very "on the fence" on this game. Just picked up Oblivion: GOTY, have Portal 2 and LA Noire approaching quickly. Good deal, but i'll pass for now.

just got my copy today from amazon and the dlc is on a separate disc

i'm so glad i didn't receive the one with the tokens

[quote name='test.type']Damn. I could have saved $1.74 on tax if I would have got it through Amazon instead.[/QUOTE]

Cost me $37 from Amazon back on 3/24. Oh well, that was lowest I had seen it at for months and a day or so later it was back to $40.

Anyway in the same order I bought Outer Limits Complete Series DVD box for $28 and now it's back to $48. Can't win 'em all.

Game is great if you have a few friends with it also. Playing with at least 1 friend will kills hours on end

Okay, Amazon still has it, but:

(a) You have to go on the menu on the right, go under the
"new" under "new and used".
(b) It ships in a couple of weeks

bread's done
Back