Demon's Souls w/ soundtrack $15.06

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:13 PM

It's not a good hard. It's a terrible, pointless, trial and error hard.

Seriously, don't waste your time.

I'm playing Tom Clancy 3DS on "Elite" and it's brutal. If you create a save at the wrong time and don't even know it, you'll have to start all over. However, it's really addicting, intense, and fun. Clancy is the first hard game I've attempted and liked so I could see how other people might like a hard game. But since Tom Clancy 3DS is not an action/adventure, it's apples and oranges.

Any way, my backlog is so huge (read: I collect 12 games for each one I play) that I don't even remember if I already own this game or not. I might have picked it up on Black Friday if it was $15 at that time.
[URL="http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=SpaceNinjaDino"]Posted Image[/URL]

#32 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:36 PM

It's not as hard as everyone claims. It's just very unforgiving, especially at the start. You have to know when you can safely press on and when you really ought to back out and heal up. Once you figure out how to deal with each particular enemy and situation it becomes immensely satisfying. Purely excellent design, and a unique multiplayer experience on top of it.

#33 SJ1S8

SJ1S8

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

Demons Souls is a must play(buy), there is no excuse to own a ps3 and not have finished the first level. The soundtrack, meh, i wouldnt spend extra on it but its already so cheap i would go for it.

Like some others have mentioned, the game difficulty(in scope and type) is rare nowadays. You can bash your head into a the demons all you want but you cant trial and error your way through DS.

The emphasis i would say about the game is the LEARNING curve. Ive enjoyed games like Dynasty warriors and when i first got into DS i had to change my own play style to survive and there is something incredibly rewarding about that growth that i have rarely experienced in a game. It feels like, as much as i like MH, what monster hunter should feel like.

The game and awesome experience, coming from someone who is not typically 'good at games' but still finished it multiple times.

#34 Evilv6

Evilv6

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

Wow, I didn't know that many people hated this game.
Imo the game is just not your average adventure game out in the market. For those that haven't played it, this game won't make you feel like a super hero 1shotting enemies left and right, this game excels at making you feel helpless in a universe where you can't faceroll all your way up to the final boss.
Posted Image