List of GameStop games guaranteed to receive at least $15 trade-in by 4/10

hensleyc

CAGiversary!
This list of games are guaranteed by GameStop to receive at least $15 in trade-in credit (working condition, store credit) if traded in by 4/10.

:3ds:
LEGO Star Wars III: Clone Wars
Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog
Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever
Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle
Pilotwings Resort
The Sims 3
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

:ds:
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party
Mario vs Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis
New Super Mario Bros.
Pokemon Black
Pokemon White
Super Princess Peach
Yoshi's Island

:wii:
Call of Duty Black Ops
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex
Disney Epic Mickey
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Family Feud Decades
Hasbro Family Game Night 1 & 2
Hasbro Family Game Night 3
Just Dance 2
Karaoke Revolution (game only)
Karaoke Revolution: Idol Encore 2 (game only)
Karaoke Revolution: Idol Encore (game only)
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Major League Baseball 2K11
Mario Kart Wii (game only)
Mario Party 8
Mario Sports Mix
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Monopoly Street
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
New Super Mario Bros.
Nickelodeon Fit
One Piece Unlimited Adventure
Pokemon Battle Revolution
PokePark: Pikachu's Adventure
Sonic Colors
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Tetris Party Deluxe
The Sims 3
Tiger Woods 12: The Masters
Top Spin 4
Wii Sports Resort
WWE All-Stars
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011

:ps3:
Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel
Arcania: Gothic 4
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Bulletstorm
Call of Duty Black Ops
Crysis 2
Dead Rising 2
Dead Space 2
Dragon Age 2
Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
Dynasty Warriors 7
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year
F1: 2010
Fight Night Champion
Fist of the North Star
Gran Turismo 5
Heavy Rain
Homefront
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Killzone 3
Knights Contract
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of Dragon
Little Big Planet 2
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
Mass Effect 2
MLB 2011: The Show
Monopoly Street
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
NASCAR 2011
NBA 2K11
NBA JAM
NCAA Basketball 2010
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
NHL 2011
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
Saw II: Flesh & Blood
Shift 2 Unleashed
SOCOM 4
Splatterhouse
Star Wars Force Unleashed Sith Edition
Test Drive Unlimited 2
The Sims 3
Top Spin 4
Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll
Two Worlds II
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Warriors: Legends of Troy
WWE All-Stars
Yakuza 4

:360:
Arcania: Gothic 4
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlestations Pacific
Biggest Loser Ultimate
Brunswick Pro Bowling
Bulletstorm
Call of Duty Black Ops
Call of Duty: War Collection (3 disc)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (2 disc)
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
Crysis 2
Dance Central
Dance Paradise
Dead Rising 2
Dead Space 2 (2 disc)
Deca Sports Freedom
Dragon Age 2
Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition (2 disc)
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
Dynasty Warriors 7
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year (2 disc)
F1: 2010
Fable III
FIFA Soccer 2011
Fight Night Champion
Fighters Uncaged
Fist of the North Star
Halo Reach
Homefront
Kinect Sports
Kinectimals
Knights Contract
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of two Worlds
Monopoly Street
Motion Sports
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
NASCAR 2011
NBA 2K11
NBA JAM
NCAA Basketball 2010
Need for Speed:Hot Pursuit
NHL 2011
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
Shift 2 Unleashed
Sonic Free Riders
Splatterhouse
Star Wars Force Unleashed Sith Edition (2 disc)
Tales of Vesperia
Test Drive Unlimited 2
The Sims 3
Top Spin 4
Two Worlds II
WWE All-Stars
Your Shape Fitness Evolved
Zumba Fitness: Join Party

There is also this, but I find these trade-in prices to be rather high, unless someone can confirm this:
FiQX1.png

[quote name='hensleyc']I also came across a "You have got to be fucking me" moment.
X0UNM.png
[/QUOTE]

Holy shit a phone call from a Nascar PRO??

fuck better spend around $2,000(I have no idea how many points that is) so I can hear him say hello.

Seriously, for the amount of cash you'd spend the Nascar guy better give you phone sex.

Last edited by a moderator:
$15 for NBA Jam? Best I'm going to get. They just announced the XBLA/PSN version so I need to offload this turd ASAP.

If you guys are going to trade something in, please consult us first. Wouldn't you rather have someone in the community with your game instead of letting Gamestop take it and mark it up?

Well I might get rid of my Heavy Rain. Paid 22 for it from Gamefly, and might trade in 7 games thursday.

Infamous
Darksiders
Xmen Origins
Castlevania LoS
Gran Turismo 4
A PS2 sports game
Maybe GoW3

So this is going to be $15 base trade in and $7.5 more for the 50% extra that should be running starting this friday right? Or am I doing something wrong here.

^^ I can look later, but I just used a $10 off any game coupon on the Fallout New Vegas CE. That was 10,000 points. They also have $10 off any used game for a little less (8000 points I think). I still have 12,000 more points and I haven't been shopping there that much since I got switched to PowerUp Rewards. So, yeah, it is certainly better than nothing (which is what we got before).

As for the list of $15+ trade-ins: hmmm... I have a an extra Super Mario Galaxy that I got during the last BBV B1G1 sale that I don't know what to do with. $16.50 (after Power Up) is a good deal for it, actually, considering that it isn't in any condition to trade in or sell anywhere else but GS. It is moderately scratched, has no manual, and has "display only" cover art. Last time I checked GS was only giving $6 or $7 for it, so $15 (minimum, though I doubt this one is any higher) is awesome.

Wow - just looked at Amazon and I'm shocked they are giving $23 for it as it was much lower there before, too. Problem is, there's no way I can trade it there with no manual and the funky cover art whereas at GS I should have no problem. GS has its uses, guys...

If there is a 50% bonus on Friday then I am all over that - but somehow I doubt the two will coincide. I'd like to know for sure, though, as otherwise I'd trade it tomorrow (Weds) when I'm going to be by a GS store.

Can some one copy and paste the reward items in the catalogue for the power up rewards members. I'm thinking of joining so I can get an early b2g1 but id like to know what the catalogue offers.

[quote name='Brenex']So this is going to be $15 base trade in and $7.5 more for the 50% extra that should be running starting this friday right? Or am I doing something wrong here.[/QUOTE]

That's sounds correct. There's nothing I can read that indicates this is a promotion.

The trade in values for "he hottest games" pic is kinda crazy when stacked with the 50% no?

Yes, but where are you guys seeing that the 50% promo will happen before the 10th? In the GameDays sale thread there is only a vague indication that it might start next week - which is probably too late depending on how you define "next week".

Yeah, I agree with what RollingSkull says (below). I hate the uncertainty, though. Like I said, I have this game I want to get rid of tomorrow but I'd be pissed if it got 50% more on Friday. I guess I'll wait till the weekend and then get rid of it by Saturday if there is no 50% bonus running - though I wasn't planning on going anywhere near a GS on Saturday.

More likely, the 50% will happen at the end of next week as a way to replenish their stock after this weekends B2G1 sale. That makes more sense (though it wouldn't kill them to run them at the same time to get more stock in during the sale - though that can be exploited so maybe they'd want to avoid that).

[quote name='RollingSkull']$15 for NBA Jam? Best I'm going to get. They just announced the XBLA/PSN version so I need to offload this turd ASAP.[/QUOTE]

21$ trade in @ Amazon. But i guess if you get the bonus @GS its close to the same.

Battlestations Pacific made me go "Huh?" Had no idea that game has held its value relatively well for a two-year-old game. Still about $30 new on Amazon.

those dbz games have gotten ridiculously hard to find anywhere around, and the one piece game is rarer than metroid prime trilogy...
but i wouldn't count on the guarantee, there's always the fine print...

[quote name='RollingSkull']$15 for NBA Jam? Best I'm going to get. They just announced the XBLA/PSN version so I need to offload this turd ASAP.[/QUOTE]

:bomb: OH GREAT! SUPER NBA Jam 2011. GTFO! If this is any more than 1200 MSP I'm keeping the current version.

I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to pay a little more than $15 for most of the games mentioned, especially the 3DS games right now.

Dang, that's a high trade in value for Fable 3. That seems high like it's a mistake lol

Guess I'll power through it today and trade that turd in :)

Amazon will give you $21 for either PS3 or 360 version...

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Holy shit a phone call from a Nascar PRO??

fuck better spend around $2,000(I have no idea how many points that is) so I can hear him say hello.

Seriously, for the amount of cash you'd spend the Nascar guy better give you phone sex.[/QUOTE]

Actually you would have to spend $4,000 on used products to earn 80,000.

$4,000 x 20 points per dollar = 80,000 points.

For that much money you should be able to meet with Joey in person at a track somewhere.

Edit: You can also earn 20 points per dollar on trade-in credit so it still will cost too much just for a call.

Last edited by a moderator:
$15 for Bad Company 2? Guess it's time to part ways......

Funny that I don't see Madden '11 on there. I knew that shit was going to drop like a rock once April hit.

It's "at least $15."

TIV for Crysis 2 is still much better at Amazon compared with the last quoted price at Gamestop, though.

I only trade-in @ GS when they offer the extra $5 per game. That way all the target, TRU, BB & kmart clearance games I get don't cost me anything...actually by the time I factor in the RZ's cards benefits I gain on all of them. With GS it's all about timing the promos.

I'm curious if we're going to have to request the TIV bumps because the 5 games pictured are not all accurate. By way of example COD: BO is 28 as of today, not the 30 stated in the email. I'm guessing that Fable 3 is not 25 and GT 5 is not 28. Relating this to the $15 games, something tells me that BF:BC2 isn't going to scan as a 15 TIV. I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Holy shit a phone call from a Nascar PRO??

Seriously, for the amount of cash you'd spend the Nascar guy better give you phone sex.[/QUOTE]

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK:applause:

[quote name='bgame2']I'm curious if we're going to have to request the TIV bumps because the 5 games pictured are not all accurate. By way of example COD: BO is 28 as of today, not the 30 stated in the email. I'm guessing that Fable 3 is not 25 and GT 5 is not 28. Relating this to the $15 games, something tells me that BF:BC2 isn't going to scan as a 15 TIV. I could be wrong, but that's my guess.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. Those prices were a bit too high for those games. ESPECIALLY since Black Ops, I have yet to have seen, it go over $25 in TIV.
This is fishy. I would call before going in...even though some stores give you the old speal of "You need to bring them in."

I didn't even know they were releasing another NBA Jam on PSN\XBL. I guess I should trade it in soon because the value is going to plummet. I finished campaign but still working on remix mode though...

I only trade-in to clear space in my collection, and Bulletstorm is going back, I don't care if it's for $0.50. fucking terrible game.

[quote name='hensleyc']I also came across a "You have got to be fucking me" moment.
X0UNM.png
[/QUOTE]

At least shipping is included.....

Im confused how this is a deal exactly.

If most people didnt enjoy bashing lamestop then this thread would have bitched down in a heartbeat.

"Wait, that thread is in the wrong section Im going to go make snarky remarks about it and star it down......oh wait I can get in on yet another chance to bitch about lamestop. This thread is awesome."

X0UNM.png
[/QUOTE]

When I saw that, I was shocked. What is he going to say to you? Just a hello and this is so and so. I would not choose that even if i have that many points to spend. I do a lot of shopping and only got 32000 in PUR points.

That is the most absurd reward I have seen ever. Like someone said, with the amount of money you spend, you should be able to meet him or he comes to your house "shipping included".

[quote name='gargus']Im confused how this is a deal exactly.

If most people didnt enjoy bashing lamestop then this thread would have bitched down in a heartbeat.

"Wait, that thread is in the wrong section Im going to go make snarky remarks about it and star it down......oh wait I can get in on yet another chance to bitch about lamestop. This thread is awesome."[/QUOTE]

there's an RC car thread that requires your attention. Because EVERY msrp thread needs you bitching in it.

Don't you mean "List of used games we are going to sell to suckers for $5 less than new retail because we're a glorified pawn shop"?

Black ops (ps3) tiv is 28 dollars. So with the pur its 30.80. Idk if the 360 trade in is higher, but if its not than the pictured tiv is crap.

bread's done
Back