EA Store Downloads - April Weekend Sales Schedule

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 dypaehc

dypaehc

ssA paehC daeH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

I only have one game on my EA Downloader, and it was a free copy of Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box. I don't even play it...

#32 Xealot42

Xealot42

Psi-Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

I only have one game on my EA Downloader, and it was a free copy of Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box. I don't even play it...

You should play it. Burnout Paradise is awesome. :D

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#33 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:45 PM

damn no BF3 no care
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#34 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:54 PM

No Dragon Age 2 for RPG weekend? D'oh! Oh well, thanks OP.

#35 biodole

biodole

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

hmm...looks like EA took battlefield 3 LE off the list - that is just terrible business practice on their behalf.

Why list it in the first place if only to sneakily take it down? Bait and switch no doubt.

Get the customers waiting up until midnight to order the game, find it isn't offered, and hope they get suckered in to the $59.99 price tag or even purchase one of their other "deals" like MOA (which for MP is about as worthless as an underwater toaster).

Terrible EA!! Just Terrible.

#36 jezz.torrent

jezz.torrent

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:12 PM

Battlefield 3 is no longer on the EA site list. OP should probably be updated to take that out to cut down on confusion.

Sort of expected this, sounded like too good of a deal. Still I'll keep an eye on it.

FIFA 11 for 50% next weekend is a nice though. I wish EA had more of their sports titles on PC. I've got some 360 controllers hooked up to my computer and FIFA and NBA 2K11 play great on it.

#37 Number 905

Number 905

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

Bummed that BF3 got taken down, but I suppose my wallet is plenty thankful.

#38 biodole

biodole

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

I hope EA comes through and honors bf3 anyway...it would be a real dick move for them not to.

#39 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:10 PM

EA sent me a (mildy obnoxious) email asking me to take BF3 off the list. It was clearly listed in their email, so it was their error.

Edited by CheapyD, 07 April 2011 - 10:21 PM.

#40 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:20 PM

you shouldn't play it. Burnout paradise is awful. :cold:

ftfyt

#41 Xealot42

Xealot42

Psi-Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

ftfyt

To each his own I suppose. But I think you will find yourself in the minority on that one.

Anyway back on topic: a bit bummed they removed BF3 from the list but it isn't that surprising.

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#42 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:00 PM

Any idea how much will Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2: Vietnam starting the 8th? Right now it is 7.45

#43 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:03 PM

Where's Dragon Age 2 (PC) on the list? :0

#44 Kalabalana

Kalabalana

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

...aaaaaand EA squeezes out some more free advertising both for BF3, and their sale, and only at the expense of their client base.

Well played EA, well played. Admirable.

#45 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:24 AM

To each his own I suppose. But I think you will find yourself in the minority on that one.

I loved the Burnout series - LURVED IT - until "Burnout Hell: 8 Finish Lines To Bore You" came and took a steaming dump on everything. Despised it and wonder what's wrong with the people who like it. That's not to say I didn't grab the free Ultimate Box deal back at Christmas, but that was more out of spite than anything.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#46 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:04 AM

Am I going to run into "activation limit" troubles if I buy Mass Effect from the EA Store? Help would be appreciated!

#47 biocat

biocat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:50 AM

Any idea how much will Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2: Vietnam starting the 8th? Right now it is 7.45

Wondering the same thing myself. The sales should overlap over the weekend.

#48 Kalabalana

Kalabalana

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:24 AM

Am I going to run into "activation limit" troubles if I buy Mass Effect from the EA Store? Help would be appreciated!

They did away with this years ago. I had thought the same recently though.

#49 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:13 AM

I call bs man, they actually RAISE the price on Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2: Vietnam 8.97

#50 Coolicy

Coolicy

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:48 AM

I call bs man, they actually RAISE the price on Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2: Vietnam 8.97

I actually held out on buying in hopes of an additional discount on BC2 Vietnam... but now they've actually raised the price.

BS indeed, especially when the banner (prior to this sale) says that all BFBC2 titles are 50% off until April 10th.

Very, very BS. I'm just not gonna buy it altogether now.

#51 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:22 AM

EA sent me a (mildy obnoxious) email asking me to take BF3 off the list. It was clearly listed in their email, so it was their error.

damn yeah was too good to be true

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#52 sealionnn

sealionnn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:27 PM

Why did you list The Orange Box and HL2; I'm not seeing it discounted on the site. Did EA make more than a few mistakes on the list?

#53 Phokal

Phokal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

Here I figured they'd give deep discounts on BF3 as a way to push their own digital delivery service. Instead, they pissed off any CAGs paying attention (in multiple ways: Vietnam, Orange Box, etc).

I wonder if anyone is going to bother ordering something, or just wait for a steam sale on the items instead.

(golf clap)

#54 sealionnn

sealionnn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:57 PM

Here I figured they'd give deep discounts on BF3 as a way to push their own digital delivery service. Instead, they pissed off any CAGs paying attention (in multiple ways: Vietnam, Orange Box, etc).

I wonder if anyone is going to bother ordering something, or just wait for a steam sale on the items instead.

(golf clap)

:'( I really wanted to pick up the HL2 pack/TOB!

#55 tranceFusion

tranceFusion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

These prices are off the regular price, not the current price, right? So if I am interested in Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate, it's going to end up being roughly the same as it is now?

#56 Isurus

Isurus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

in case you were wondering how many people are actively playing battlefield 2 --> http://www.xfire.com.../Battlefield_2/

8,000 on average.

since playing BF p4f, i was thinking about getting the digital version so i don't have to install off CDs and then patch, on Vista (yuck!)

#57 biodole

biodole

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

Just wondering...but do you guys think we should all email EA with the same complaint about them removing BF3 from the list? Even though it was included in the email as being 40% off, then they quietly remove it the day before the sale.

This strikes me as an obvious effort to pound advertisement for BF3 even more (free of course) and thus also really makes me not even want to buy it at all. Had they never listed it, I probably would have ended up paying full price. But because they listed it, then removed it, now I'm pissed at unethical business practice.

Would it even make a difference if we all emailed them?8-)

#58 nintendofan9999

nintendofan9999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:14 PM

I succumbed to the sale and bought Mass Effect, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and the expansion Vietnam. There goes my wallet.

#59 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:20 PM

Do any of these games transfer to steam? Never bought from EA before.

#60 tranceFusion

tranceFusion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

Do any of these games transfer to steam? Never bought from EA before.

No, they don't.

I just figured out today though that you can add a shortcut in your steam game list to launch it even if it isn't a steam game.