X-Men Origins: Wolverine (360) $14.99 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

If you enjoy retro beat-em-ups this game is a must have. You're not gonna get the next God of War from this, but you are gonna get about 8-10 hours of some of the most stupidly fun entertainment you can get this generation. Got this from Goozex last month, I can definitely say it's worth $15.

I haven't played God of War 3 or Ghost of Sparta yet, but personally I liked this a lot more than GoW 1, 2, or Chains of Olympus (which was my favorite of the three GoWs I've played so far).

Thought the gameplay, graphics, insanity, and everything else were better, personally. Plus I'll take Logan slicing off some dude's hand any day over pasty white guy :lol:

Okay, so I did actually have a solid time with the GoW games...especially Chains, but still this game rocks.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#32 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

Yup, you guys definitely made me pick up a copy from AWD as well.

#33 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:00 PM

Great game, and for $7.99 free shipping you cant beat that.

#34 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

great game, i'll probably start a 2nd playthrough one of this days

#35 0192837465

Banequake!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

what condition are the amazon warehouse games in? is it random?

Posted ImageCheapassgamer.com: Greatest Site Ever!!!Posted Image Cheapassgamer.com: Greatest Site Ever!!!Posted Image

#36 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

Got it from Gamefly a while back for PS3 during one of their monthly sales. Didnt expect much because it was a movie based game but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Played it to platinum. Recommend it at that price.

KneeKnee.png

#37 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

Fun game. MUCH MUCH better than the crappy movie. But it gets very repetitive.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#38 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:01 PM

The one movie tie-in where the game was vastly superior to the film in my opinion.

I had high hopes for the movie, but yeah, what a letdown.

And then my hopes went sky high when I heard Darren fucking Aronofsky was going to direct the sequel, but now apparently that's not going to happen. :(

#39 gamerdogbert

gamerdogbert

Canine Potentate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:19 AM

This game is good not great, but it is definitely worth playing at this price. It is fun, rather long, and unfortunately full of glitches, especially in the latter parts of the game. The final boss fight is REALLY glitchy, in particular, but there were several places throughout the game where it glitched out and I had to exit & reload the game, and there were a few times where it froze my system, too. As movie games go, it is one of the best ever made. As other games go, it is slightly above average. I write a review of every game after I finish it, and my overall review score was 67/100. FYI, it requires 2 full playthroughs to get the Platinum/1000GS, which took me 28 hours to accomplish.

#40 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:04 PM

This game is good not great, but it is definitely worth playing at this price. It is fun, rather long, and unfortunately full of glitches, especially in the latter parts of the game. The final boss fight is REALLY glitchy, in particular, but there were several places throughout the game where it glitched out and I had to exit & reload the game, and there were a few times where it froze my system, too. As movie games go, it is one of the best ever made. As other games go, it is slightly above average. I write a review of every game after I finish it, and my overall review score was 67/100. FYI, it requires 2 full playthroughs to get the Platinum/1000GS, which took me 28 hours to accomplish.

You think it's good, yet you give it a D+?
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#41 gamerdogbert

gamerdogbert

Canine Potentate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:40 AM

You think it's good, yet you give it a D+?

I do not translate my scores into a letter grade... if I was to have arbitrarily assigned a letter grade, I'd have given it a C+. I use an 11-criteria rating system which adds up to a sum out of 100 points. For basis of comparison, Grand Theft Auto IV scored 87/100, Prince Of Persia (2008) scored 67/100, Rogue Warrior scored 59/100, Saw scored 48/100, and the original Force Unleashed scored 69/100.

For Overall Impression, I gave Wolverine an 8/10.
For Story, a 7/10.
Production Value, a 5/10 due to extreme amount of glitches.
Quality of Game Design, a 7/10.
Depth, a 7/10 due to a long campaign that requires 2 full playthroughs, but nothing left for replay value after that.
For the strength of the Single Player campaign, a 4/5.
For Multiplayer, a 0/5 by default, since there is none.
Graphics, 8/10, I thought they were pretty good although some poor design choices were made in a few levels.
Audio, 6/10, there were some glitches and oddities in the surround sound handling.
For overall Fun factor, 7/10, I enjoyed it although there were some parts that dragged on a bit, and the many glitches were frustrating.
And finally, for Originality, 8/10, because although there were many different gameplay mechanics that are recycled from prior games, I can't recall any other game that has put them together in the same combination.

Overall it is a recommended buy at $15 or less.

#42 heybtbm

heybtbm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:36 PM

I've been waiting for this game to be sub-$20 forever. Now that it finally happened, $14.99 seems too much.

#43 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:42 PM

I've been waiting for this game to be sub-$20 forever. Now that it finally happened, $14.99 seems too much.

It is a lot still, but I bought from WHD for 8 bucks or so, like new.

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#44 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

By the way, if anyone is looking at the DLC (Weapon X arena) it's not worth it. Save your points for something else.

I do not translate my scores into a letter grade... if I was to have arbitrarily assigned a letter grade, I'd have given it a C+. I use an 11-criteria rating system which adds up to a sum out of 100 points. For basis of comparison, Grand Theft Auto IV scored 87/100, Prince Of Persia (2008) scored 67/100, Rogue Warrior scored 59/100, Saw scored 48/100, and the original Force Unleashed scored 69/100.

I assume you mentioned those examples to give a range of good to bad scores. Out of curiosity, does anything ever score over 90? What was your highest scoring game?
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#45 gamerdogbert

gamerdogbert

Canine Potentate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:44 AM

I assume you mentioned those examples to give a range of good to bad scores. Out of curiosity, does anything ever score over 90? What was your highest scoring game?

I just started writing the reviews last year, because I'm working toward starting a new web site about a year from now, so I haven't reviewed very many current-generation games yet. I've been mostly working my way forward from older generations, building an archive of reviews.

It is indeed rare for a game to score much above 90. Which I feel is quite realistic. Honestly, how many games have ever been released that were truly 10 out of 10 perfection, or even 9.5? Maybe half a dozen games have ever been truly that good; when you read the detailed reviews on a lot of gaming sites, their in-depth comments never seem to match up with the score they gave. The most god-awful game will still score 5 or 6, and I've seen games score 7s and 8s while the paragraphs below recommend avoiding the game. Really? Come on.

Among my limited list of 7th-generation console games, GTA IV is currently my highest rated game at 87/100, while Eragon is my lowest at 24/100.

Expanding to include all platforms, my highest rated game so far is Diablo II (with Expansion) with a score of 97/100. The worst review thus far is Jinks for the Atari 7800, scoring 18/100.

So far I've reviewed approximately 100 games, but my goal is to have >500 reviews completed by the time my new project is up and running. I have a backlog of over 1500 games spanning all systems from the Atari 2600 on. I should have them all completed within 4 years. Maybe 20% of the games I play this year will be current-gen; next year will probably be 50%, and after that >80%.

#46 kenjimeadu

kenjimeadu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:38 AM

On amazon:

X-Men Origins Wolverine - Uncaged Edition for 14.99

http://www.amazon.co...02658666&sr=1-1

and gamestop as well

http://www.gamestop....d-edition/73828

#47 kayatai

kayatai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:39 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=291553

#48 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:45 AM

Hey guys I have a question that pertains to later in the game:

Spoiler

EDIT: NVM I am an idiot.

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#49 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:09 AM

Thanks Cheapy for heads up man, really been wanting to get this one and for that price....u can count me in as I just ordered a copy:-).
Posted Image
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360- Assassin's Creed III
PS3- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Nintendo Wii- AC: City Folk
3DS- New Super Mario Bros. 2
My Game Collection- www.listal.com/list/buffalos-xbox-360-collection

#50 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Inebrious Infinitus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:16 AM

5-8 dollar game imo

#51 SilverBulletKY

SilverBulletKY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:38 PM

I just started writing the reviews last year, because I'm working toward starting a new web site about a year from now, so I haven't reviewed very many current-generation games yet. I've been mostly working my way forward from older generations, building an archive of reviews.

It is indeed rare for a game to score much above 90. Which I feel is quite realistic. Honestly, how many games have ever been released that were truly 10 out of 10 perfection, or even 9.5? Maybe half a dozen games have ever been truly that good; when you read the detailed reviews on a lot of gaming sites, their in-depth comments never seem to match up with the score they gave. The most god-awful game will still score 5 or 6, and I've seen games score 7s and 8s while the paragraphs below recommend avoiding the game. Really? Come on.

Among my limited list of 7th-generation console games, GTA IV is currently my highest rated game at 87/100, while Eragon is my lowest at 24/100.

Expanding to include all platforms, my highest rated game so far is Diablo II (with Expansion) with a score of 97/100. The worst review thus far is Jinks for the Atari 7800, scoring 18/100.

So far I've reviewed approximately 100 games, but my goal is to have >500 reviews completed by the time my new project is up and running. I have a backlog of over 1500 games spanning all systems from the Atari 2600 on. I should have them all completed within 4 years. Maybe 20% of the games I play this year will be current-gen; next year will probably be 50%, and after that >80%.

If a game does not have multiplayer then you need to take that out of your equation instead of automatically giving it a 0/5. You shouldn't punish a game for no multiplayer if it isn't a multiplayer game.

#52 Ratchet & CAG

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:29 PM

Got this game a year ago for $19.99 clearance at Target.

It's a pretty good and fun game!

IMHO, one of the better (probably best) movie-tie-in video game eva... for realz! - And 99% of the time, that never happens.

#53 looploop

looploop

Camera-shy Supernova

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:20 PM

Got this game a year ago for $19.99 clearance at Target.

It's a pretty good and fun game!

IMHO, one of the better (probably best) movie-tie-in video game eva... for realz! - And 99% of the time, that never happens.

I agree. Wolverine Origins, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and maybe Spider-man 2 and the x-men legends/ultimate alliance series are probably best superhero games ever made.

「Im Himmel fehlen alle interessanten Leute.

Posted Image

#54 QuantumTunnelRat

QuantumTunnelRat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:37 PM

I agree. Wolverine Origins, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and maybe Spider-man 2 and the x-men legends/ultimate alliance series are probably best superhero games ever made.

For shame sir! Batman: Arkham Asylum is AMAZING. Don't forget to show Rocksteady some love.

#55 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

Ultimate Destruction was a lot of fun. I still can't believe they re-skinned it and called it [Prototye].

The X-Men Legends games were probably some of my favorites from last generation.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#56 rywateska

rywateska

Sorry for partying.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:58 PM

http://www.amazon.co...0/dp/B001PKHRVE

Finished this game...really really good. Definitely one of the best superhero games out there.

I've heard the Cagcast say great things about this, I'll pick it up at that price!

Posted Image