Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (PS3) $10 Best Buy

Nice, I will check this out on my lunch break. I was holding out for Amazon to price match GameStop but might as well get it before BB sells out too.

I liked this quite a bit. Thought the single player mode was actually fun-way more of a story than I'm used to in a fighting game, and the gameplay was way better than the old Mortal Kombats I thought, once I had a vague idea what was going on. Wish it taught you how to play it though. I kind of just did trial and error.

[quote name='GBAstar']Nice find. Limit 1 per order online. Is this the price in store as well?[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's in store as well just picked one up today. Although its not advertised in the store, they wanted to charge me $19.99 until I told them about their online price.

Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and picked up a copy from gamestop.com. I didn't think it deserved another thread but I wanted to let the CAG community know that if you go on gamestop.com you can get a new copy for $9.99 + shipping but IF you get like a $.99 cent old used game shipping is free, apparently if you add two games, any two they give you free shipping, so if you have some credit to burn that might help you out, also they have used copies as well for $1 cheaper. So if you wanted to go super cheap it comes out to about $10.00 shipped used with a $.99 cent game and $12.00 for a new copy with a $.99 cent used game of course it depends on your tax percent to really know how much but I'd thought I'd give everyone the heads up. Enjoy!

Surprised they started discounting this already wonder what the deal will be during MK's release week. I expected them to offer this for $5 or $10 w/purchase of the new MK but hey whatever I already own it, good for anyone who hasn't had a chance to play it can't beat $10.

If you can find a pre-owned copy at GS then it's $9 or $8 if you've got their Edge/PUR silver card. It's a pretty good game even at $20!

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']I am tempted to get this game at this price, even though I'm not a fighting fan. Really good price though.[/QUOTE]

If you like DC and don't HATE fighting games, I think you may get your monies worth. The fighting engine is confusing to learn since it doesn't really teach you, but I had fun with the story mode from both sides. By fighting game standards it's a long ways from the old "I have defeated you! I am the world's strongest woman!" and the like that used to count for plot.

Picked this up today. Also grabbed Dead Rising 2, Killzone 3, and Bulletstorm in the b2g1 sale and uncharted 2 like a week ago, so I'm not sure if I dont wanna just throw it on ebay or half seeing as how id probably play it for a half hour then a 50/50 chance of never again

Quick synopsis of MK Vs DC for those expecting a deep experience like the last gen MK titles were with their RPG-ish stories and gameplay.

Here's the basic rundown of the game.

MK styled fight, cutscene, MK styled fight, cutscene, rinse, repeat, end credits. Repeat with DC characters for the other half of the story if you're not bored to tears by then.

I would've loved to have been able to explore the DC Universe world a bit more and some of the semi new locales from the MK Universe in this game. But unfortunately, as I said above it's just fight, cutscene, fight, cutscene, credits.

Boring as shit.

Pick this up since it was at the right price. A fun game to have around when you have friends over and be entertained for a bit.

If anyone really wants to play this game before the new one comes out in two weeks check the Amazon marketplace from time to time. I got it six months ago for $12.99 shipped and have seen it for $10.99 shipped since then.

bread's done
Back