Kirby's Epic Yarn *New* for $29.99 at Gamestop.com

permanent price drop? or temporary?

good price regardless. got this during a b2g1 during christmas, so paid about $33.

All credit to ackbar7 for this tip:

You can buy 3 Epic Yarns @ Gamestop for ~$50 with the B2G1 sale right now and trade in 2 of them for $25 each ($50 total credit) and keep the third at virtually no cost to you. I'm out a mere $1.80 on the deal & I convert $50 of Gamestop credit into $50 of much more usable Amazon credit. Winning!

it got pretty good reviews from most places... i have not played it myself.. but the OP is right... Nintendo games like this don't get cheap... i think Twilight princess is still 50 :X

[quote name='Chrono Gear']All credit to ackbar7 for this tip:

You can buy 3 Epic Yarns @ Gamestop for ~$50 with the B2G1 sale right now and trade in 2 of them for $25 each ($50 total credit) and keep the third at virtually no cost to you. I'm out a mere $1.80 on the deal & I convert $50 of Gamestop credit into $50 of much more usable Amazon credit. Winning![/QUOTE]

Thx, gonna go do that now! That'll help towards my pre-orders of Socom4 & MK: TE on Amazon!

Debating if I want to bite or not. I know the Kirby games always felt pretty easy to me and this looked fairly easy as well when watching my sister play it.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']All credit to ackbar7 for this tip:

You can buy 3 Epic Yarns @ Gamestop for ~$50 with the B2G1 sale right now and trade in 2 of them for $25 each ($50 total credit) and keep the third at virtually no cost to you. I'm out a mere $1.80 on the deal & I convert $50 of Gamestop credit into $50 of much more usable Amazon credit. Winning![/QUOTE]

Did your trade-ins go through? I heard amazon is really picky about their game trade-ins, and won't accept games without manuals or cover art or if they are in bad condition, and it's kind of hard to find used games at gamespot that are in mint condition

[quote name='KornKid91']Did your trade-ins go through? I heard amazon is really picky about their game trade-ins, and won't accept games without manuals or cover art or if they are in bad condition, and it's kind of hard to find used games at gamespot that are in mint condition[/QUOTE]

Considering I just ordered today I can't say they went through. I've ordered plenty from Gamestop's website in the past and rarely get a disc only. Kirby is still pretty new (It came out in Octoberish last year) so the likelihood of getting incomplete games is minimal. Even if that does happen I have friends that are store managers at my local Gamestops that would swap out for completes anyway. If anything I'm concerned they won't arrive in time to ship out to Amazon.

[quote name='opportunity777']I feel like this can be had at $20.[/QUOTE]

Maybe... but Nintendo first party games hold their value for a loooong time.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Considering I just ordered today I can't say they went through. I've ordered plenty from Gamestop's website in the past and rarely get a disc only. Kirby is still pretty new (It came out in Octoberish last year) so the likelihood of getting incomplete games is minimal. Even if that does happen I have friends that are store managers at my local Gamestops that would swap out for completes anyway. If anything I'm concerned they won't arrive in time to ship out to Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Mine have already shipped.:bouncy:

[quote name='teknomedic']Maybe... but Nintendo first party games hold their value for a loooong time.[/QUOTE]

I was able to get almost all of the first party titles close to $20 at one point. It can and will happen, but it will be brief. :)

I was in a GS today and saw it on a shelf marked $29.99. I'm wondering if this is just the new price? I decided to hold off.

So much for Amazon matching. And now Sonic Colors is back up to full price. Boo.

[quote name='default_shepard']Amazon has matched, it seems.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll return my GameStop.com copy in-store and buy from Amazon instead. It'll save me nearly $3 tax, and there are multiple GameStops along my commute so I won't be wasting any gas either.

[quote name='rapsodist']It'll save me nearly $3 tax, and there are multiple GameStops along my commute so I won't be wasting any gas either.[/QUOTE]
What a relief. I was worried for you for a moment.

[quote name='Stele']What a relief. I was worried for you for a moment.[/QUOTE]

Your disingenuity aside, there are more than a few people on CAG who carp on those sorts of things, and I was trying to preemptively deter smart-aleck comments. I was just trying to thank default_shepard for his Amazon pricematch alert. I guess I should have left it at that.

[quote name='rapsodist']Your disingenuity aside, there are more than a few people on CAG who carp on those sorts of things, and I was trying to preemptively deter smart-aleck comments. I was just trying to thank default_shepard for his Amazon pricematch alert. I guess I should have left it at that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and your paying 9.75% tax apparently, so...worth it to buy online. Amazon charges tax for NY residents though...its 8.75% I think. Bummer

I really liked this. Only game I've played on my Wii in forever. Oh, and it's great for kids; I'm pretty much using it to train my 4-year-old to play video games!

A cute and very fun game to play. Gameplay is extremely simple but then that is the charm of it and I cannot really go through playing this game without having a smile on my face.

Got my used copies from Gamestop. 2/3 had manuals. Good enough to send 2 out for the Amazon credit. I can ask my friend at gamestop to hook me up with a manual next time I go in for the copy I'm keeping.

Played this back when it came out. Great game, but pretty short. I finished it in about 12 hours, though I enjoyed almost every minute of it. Definitely worth the $30.

[quote name='Achilles00']Played this back when it came out. Great game, but pretty short. I finished it in about 12 hours, though I enjoyed almost every minute of it. Definitely worth the $30.[/QUOTE]

A 12 hour game is considered short? Different strokes I guess. In my eyes a game under 6 hours is short. 12 seems just about right.

Showed up in my Quick Picks yesterday for $28 so I jumped on it. I think it'll be an Easter gift to the kiddos though.

[quote name='icarusmight']A 12 hour game is considered short? Different strokes I guess. In my eyes a game under 6 hours is short. 12 seems just about right.[/QUOTE]

I see your point, but when you consider that it's the same price as games like Read Dead Redemption, Dragon Age, or something like Resident Evil 5 with a ton of replay value, it is a bit short. It's also the sort of game that might be fun to go back to at some point, but there isn't much incentive to replay it.

Anyway, Kirby is awesome. $30 is well worth it.

[quote name='Achilles00']I see your point, but when you consider that it's the same price as games like Read Dead Redemption, Dragon Age, or something like Resident Evil 5 with a ton of replay value, it is a bit short. It's also the sort of game that might be fun to go back to at some point, but there isn't much incentive to replay it.

Anyway, Kirby is awesome. $30 is well worth it.[/QUOTE]

Well those other games are of different genres and different genres call for different lengths and I still base the length of the game on what genre it is. Since Kirby's is a side scrolling platformer, 12 hours is a pretty solid. Now if Kirby was an action RPG like Dragon Age and was only 12 hours, then yeah kind of short in my opinion. An action/adventure or platformer that stretches beyond 20 hours is quite a bit long in my opinion.

I remember a time when people valued games based on their challenge level, not their length. Oh well, I guess it's just another side-effect of humans having been civilized for too long.

[quote name='chilimac']I remember a time when people valued games based on their challenge level, not their length. Oh well, I guess it's just another side-effect of humans having been civilized for too long.[/QUOTE]

Is this a joke post?

bread's done
Back