Kirby's Epic Yarn *New* for $29.99 at Gamestop.com

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 007bond

007bond

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

Thanks to the CAG Price Tracker/email alert for this one...

Kirby's Epic Yarn *New* for $29.99 at Gamestop.com - use code VSHIP for free basic shipping. Also available *used* for $24.99.

http://www.gamestop....epic-yarn/78161

It is very hard to find discounted high profile Nintendo releases so I jumped on a new copy.

Edited by 007bond, 08 April 2011 - 05:42 PM.
Added link

#2 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

Saw this last night. Looking to bundle it with Tatsunoko and Golden Sun I think. A decent trio.

#3 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:00 PM

Really fun game, if mostly simple. The transformations - aside from the train - are totally sweet.
Posted Image

#4 neonglow

neonglow

Penguin Shine!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

I let Amazon know about the price drop.

#5 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:07 PM

permanent price drop? or temporary?

good price regardless. got this during a b2g1 during christmas, so paid about $33.

#6 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

All credit to ackbar7 for this tip:

You can buy 3 Epic Yarns @ Gamestop for ~$50 with the B2G1 sale right now and trade in 2 of them for $25 each ($50 total credit) and keep the third at virtually no cost to you. I'm out a mere $1.80 on the deal & I convert $50 of Gamestop credit into $50 of much more usable Amazon credit. Winning!

#7 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

Hmmmmmm...thinking pretty hard on this.

#8 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:17 PM

is this game rare or something? and is it really that good to make it worth picking up?

#9 WuGgaRoO

WuGgaRoO

Custom Title!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:37 PM

it got pretty good reviews from most places... i have not played it myself.. but the OP is right... Nintendo games like this don't get cheap... i think Twilight princess is still 50 :X
Posted ImageSome PS Vita and Wii stuff for trade/sale

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=216495

#10 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:52 AM

You can buy 3 Epic Yarns @ Gamestop for ~$50 with the B2G1 sale right now and trade in 2 of them for $25 each ($50 total credit) and keep the third at virtually no cost to you. I'm out a mere $1.80 on the deal & I convert $50 of Gamestop credit into $50 of much more usable Amazon credit. Winning!

Thx, gonna go do that now! That'll help towards my pre-orders of Socom4 & MK: TE on Amazon!
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#11 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:38 AM

Debating if I want to bite or not. I know the Kirby games always felt pretty easy to me and this looked fairly easy as well when watching my sister play it.

card.png

#12 KornKid91

KornKid91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:45 AM

Did your trade-ins go through? I heard amazon is really picky about their game trade-ins, and won't accept games without manuals or cover art or if they are in bad condition, and it's kind of hard to find used games at gamespot that are in mint condition

#13 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:48 AM

I let Amazon know about the price drop.

I tried as well but I keep getting an error.

#14 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:09 AM

Did your trade-ins go through? I heard amazon is really picky about their game trade-ins, and won't accept games without manuals or cover art or if they are in bad condition, and it's kind of hard to find used games at gamespot that are in mint condition

Considering I just ordered today I can't say they went through. I've ordered plenty from Gamestop's website in the past and rarely get a disc only. Kirby is still pretty new (It came out in Octoberish last year) so the likelihood of getting incomplete games is minimal. Even if that does happen I have friends that are store managers at my local Gamestops that would swap out for completes anyway. If anything I'm concerned they won't arrive in time to ship out to Amazon.

#15 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:18 AM

I feel like this can be had at $20.

#16 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:10 AM

I wish Amazon would match the price because I wouldn't mind picking up this and Sonic Colors for $50 total.

#17 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:04 AM

I feel like this can be had at $20.

Maybe... but Nintendo first party games hold their value for a loooong time.

#18 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

lol, I love Gamestop's definition of a "new" game: gutted open.
Posted Image

#19 beaus27

beaus27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:53 PM

There's no way of knowing how long this GS sales wil last?
If this sale is good till Wednesday I will jump on it.

#20 freeorelse

freeorelse

Not in the Sandbox!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

Considering I just ordered today I can't say they went through. I've ordered plenty from Gamestop's website in the past and rarely get a disc only. Kirby is still pretty new (It came out in Octoberish last year) so the likelihood of getting incomplete games is minimal. Even if that does happen I have friends that are store managers at my local Gamestops that would swap out for completes anyway. If anything I'm concerned they won't arrive in time to ship out to Amazon.

Mine have already shipped.:bouncy:

Damn right. After all, why should I have to shit stain my undies when I could buy them pre stained.:whee:

[chipinsig]07e4f48f08550a61[/chipinsig]

#21 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

Maybe... but Nintendo first party games hold their value for a loooong time.

I was able to get almost all of the first party titles close to $20 at one point. It can and will happen, but it will be brief. :)

#22 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:43 PM

I was in a GS today and saw it on a shelf marked $29.99. I'm wondering if this is just the new price? I decided to hold off.

So much for Amazon matching. And now Sonic Colors is back up to full price. Boo.

#23 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:19 AM

Picked up a fresh, factory sealed copy at the B&M store for $29.99!
Posted Image

#24 default_shepard

default_shepard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

Amazon has matched, it seems.
I frickin' love team building, baby!

#25 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:14 AM

Amazon has matched, it seems.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll return my GameStop.com copy in-store and buy from Amazon instead. It'll save me nearly $3 tax, and there are multiple GameStops along my commute so I won't be wasting any gas either.

#26 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:07 AM

It'll save me nearly $3 tax, and there are multiple GameStops along my commute so I won't be wasting any gas either.

What a relief. I was worried for you for a moment.

#27 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:21 AM

What a relief. I was worried for you for a moment.

Your disingenuity aside, there are more than a few people on CAG who carp on those sorts of things, and I was trying to preemptively deter smart-aleck comments. I was just trying to thank default_shepard for his Amazon pricematch alert. I guess I should have left it at that.

#28 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:28 AM

This game was a lot better than I was anticipating, I really enjoyed it. Hard to imagine it will drop lower than $30

#29 optimusprime8062

optimusprime8062

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:40 AM

Your disingenuity aside, there are more than a few people on CAG who carp on those sorts of things, and I was trying to preemptively deter smart-aleck comments. I was just trying to thank default_shepard for his Amazon pricematch alert. I guess I should have left it at that.

Yeah, and your paying 9.75% tax apparently, so...worth it to buy online. Amazon charges tax for NY residents though...its 8.75% I think. Bummer

#30 Archaic

Archaic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:13 AM

I really liked this. Only game I've played on my Wii in forever. Oh, and it's great for kids; I'm pretty much using it to train my 4-year-old to play video games!