Kirby's Epic Yarn *New* for $29.99 at Gamestop.com

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:14 AM

A cute and very fun game to play. Gameplay is extremely simple but then that is the charm of it and I cannot really go through playing this game without having a smile on my face.

#32 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:29 AM

This is one of those games that it's good because it's so cute and fun. I paid $50 (but with a $20 gaming coupon), worth $50 in my book.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#33 rywateska

rywateska

Sorry for partying.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:11 PM

Def bought one as a gift but decided to open and play it myself. Had to buy two, hahaha

Posted Image

#34 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

By the way, Amazon has price matched this:

http://www.amazon.co...02733651&sr=8-1

I just ordered one.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#35 beaus27

beaus27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:43 AM

I got mine yesterday. Can't wait to dig in!

#36 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:46 AM

Got my used copies from Gamestop. 2/3 had manuals. Good enough to send 2 out for the Amazon credit. I can ask my friend at gamestop to hook me up with a manual next time I go in for the copy I'm keeping.

#37 FromChaos

FromChaos

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:07 AM

Definitely worth $30. Great game to play with the gf too.

#38 aw59

aw59

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:09 AM

Picked this up at Gamestop today. Extremely cute and fun.

#39 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:26 AM

Played this back when it came out. Great game, but pretty short. I finished it in about 12 hours, though I enjoyed almost every minute of it. Definitely worth the $30.
Posted Image

#40 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:52 AM

Played this back when it came out. Great game, but pretty short. I finished it in about 12 hours, though I enjoyed almost every minute of it. Definitely worth the $30.

A 12 hour game is considered short? Different strokes I guess. In my eyes a game under 6 hours is short. 12 seems just about right.

#41 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

Showed up in my Quick Picks yesterday for $28 so I jumped on it. I think it'll be an Easter gift to the kiddos though.

#42 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

A 12 hour game is considered short? Different strokes I guess. In my eyes a game under 6 hours is short. 12 seems just about right.

I see your point, but when you consider that it's the same price as games like Read Dead Redemption, Dragon Age, or something like Resident Evil 5 with a ton of replay value, it is a bit short. It's also the sort of game that might be fun to go back to at some point, but there isn't much incentive to replay it.

Anyway, Kirby is awesome. $30 is well worth it.
Posted Image

#43 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:22 PM

I see your point, but when you consider that it's the same price as games like Read Dead Redemption, Dragon Age, or something like Resident Evil 5 with a ton of replay value, it is a bit short. It's also the sort of game that might be fun to go back to at some point, but there isn't much incentive to replay it.

Anyway, Kirby is awesome. $30 is well worth it.

Well those other games are of different genres and different genres call for different lengths and I still base the length of the game on what genre it is. Since Kirby's is a side scrolling platformer, 12 hours is a pretty solid. Now if Kirby was an action RPG like Dragon Age and was only 12 hours, then yeah kind of short in my opinion. An action/adventure or platformer that stretches beyond 20 hours is quite a bit long in my opinion.

#44 chilimac

chilimac

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:53 PM

I remember a time when people valued games based on their challenge level, not their length. Oh well, I guess it's just another side-effect of humans having been civilized for too long.

#45 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

I remember a time when people valued games based on their challenge level, not their length. Oh well, I guess it's just another side-effect of humans having been civilized for too long.

Is this a joke post?

jayremedy.png

sig.gif