Radiant Historia DS [edit] $34.99 shipped / Amazon

Agreed with DesertLeo. This game is by far the best rpg I played on the ds. Sold it after I beat it and have regretted ever since because of the price. In for one. Great find.

[quote name='Arakias']Do we know if the reprint has the bonus soundtrack?[/QUOTE]

Depends. You're just gonna resell them right? I recognize your Amazon name ;)

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Depends. You're just gonna resell them right? I recognize your Amazon name ;)[/QUOTE]

I've been a CAG longer than you, supporting this site and community. If that was me, why does it matter what I do? There are numerous people with this alias to be sure. People can do whatever they want.

On the forum for this game on Amazon, they had a thread that said the reprint DOES NOT include the soundtrack

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what I read too, but of course Amazon isnt very clear as to what it contains so just checking what people think.

[quote name='Arakias']Thats what I read to, but of course Amazon isnt very clear as to what it contains so just checking what people think.[/QUOTE]

Yea I 'm not sure. I'd get one for myself if I wasn't in the middle of DQIX, this game looks cool

[quote name='ViolentLee']Nice! Thanks, OP! Think I'll pick this up.
By the way, if people really want the CD, Buy.com has it included for the same price, though you'd have to pay shipping. For me in CA, that means an extra $3, which I'm pass on. But here's the link:
http://www.buy.com/prod/radiant-historia-with-music/q/loc/108/218861060.html[/QUOTE]

I checked Buy.com when everyone was OOS and they were OOS too. Soundsl ike they got the reprint and screwed up.

Went for the Buy.com one. Who knows, maybe they found some CD ones or some such. Fingers heavily crossed.

[quote name='Batcave Dweller']How was the CD packed with the game? Shrinkwrapped with the case or was there a cardboard box with both inside?[/QUOTE]

Cardboard box w/ it's own sleeve.

Weird, price on Amazon is back up to $34.99 now. That was quite a short sale. Oh well, looks like I missed out on saving $5 for a copy.

This is a Buy.com match. They had it for sale for this price when Amazon was apparently OOS. Then Amazon got them back in stock for $34.99 and couple days later lowered the price to this. ;)

[quote name='talon2099']Weird, price on Amazon is back up to $34.99 now. That was quite a short sale. Oh well, looks like I missed out on saving $5 for a copy.[/QUOTE]

Likely because Buy.com is OOS.

Ya i emailed the publishers directly and they confirmed that the reprint does NOT have the artbox or music CD.. so im asssuming everything on Amazon right now is the game only.

i wound up driving 100 miles round trip to get the last sealed mint LE copy anywhere near me >_< now i dont want to open it. I will probably get a regular copy to play when it hits 25 bucks or so

that blows that the price went up.... I really wanted to get this but my amazon credit hasn't processed yet :(

on a side note, I've heard that it compares a lot to chrono trigger... can anyone that has played the game elaborate? I absolutely loved chrono trigger.

[quote name='Penguin1084']I've heard that it compares a lot to chrono trigger... can anyone that has played the game elaborate? I absolutely loved chrono trigger.[/QUOTE]

Currently playing RH. Good game, but I would say that it has a very different feel from CT. The time travel theme is the only similarity that I see.

[quote name='coldwine']Currently playing RH. Good game, but I would say that it has a very different feel from CT. The time travel theme is the only similarity that I see.[/QUOTE]

yea. I think I came to the conclusion that I can't compare games to chrono trigger... first, it's a pretty high standard to meet (for me at least) and second, games that I do find similar don't have a deep story or much character development like chrono did.

and on that note, I think i'll be starting the new game+ on my ds copy today :)

Its good, but WAY too many boss battles late in the game.

for DS jrpgs Suikoden Tierkries was better imo.

[quote name='Arakias']I've been a CAG longer than you, supporting this site and community. If that was me, why does it matter what I do? There are numerous people with this alias to be sure. People can do whatever they want.[/QUOTE]

He was not attacking you, are you on your period?

I was too late to grab a first-printing copy from Amazon & Buy but managed to find one at a GameStop 15 minutes away. It was their last copy so they did use the cardboard box for display but it was in surprisingly good condition and both the game & CD were still sealed.

I wasn't in a hurry to get this game since I still have a couple RPGs in my backlog. I just didn't want to have trouble tracking down a new copy w/ the box & CD at or under its MSRP in the future. For those of you who still want to get the bonus CD, I'd suggest you call your GameStops soon.

I will also chime in also and say that this game is awesome, and everyone should buy if they love a good, old school vibe RPG. I got the version with the soundtrack right before it sold out on Amazon. I'm a sucker for boxes that come with CE, so I had to jump on it. I love the box more than the CD actually... The CD is great though!

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']So... no soundtrack, but does that mean no outer box too? I kinda messed mine up with I opened it, need a new one.[/QUOTE]

The outer box says "Music CD Inside" on front so I doubt they reprinted the outer boxes.

Bought this game today at Gamestop. A few still have them, CD and artbox included. You can always still check the website to see what stores still have it.

It seemed odd that a game out for 6 weeks could be OOP; didn't they just exhaust the first printing? Anyway, if it's getting more prints than I am hoping I can wait on it...so many RPGs to play.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']It seemed odd that a game out for 6 weeks could be OOP; didn't they just exhaust the first printing? Anyway, if it's getting more prints than I am hoping I can wait on it...so many RPGs to play.[/QUOTE]

Well don't forget this is Atlus. Atlus just doesn't mass produce every game because it wouldn't be in their best interest. Plus I think this game became really popular with people, and it had a lot of good press. I mean I bought it because it was an on sale preorder for $30 and I had $20 in credit anyway.

Got my item in the mail today. Was just the game, no outer box or soundtrack cd. Requested a partial refund from Amazon, and got $6 back, total was $24.

...On what grounds are you asking for a refund? They never guaranteed you the outer box or soundtrack. You're just straight up asking for money back?

They removed the "bonus offer" and the pictures of the outer box/soundtrack from the pictures section. You clearly knew if you bought it after reading this thread.

Did you post that so lurkers so all randomly start calling Amazon CS demanding money back? So fucked up, everyone is so spoiled by Amazon's CS nowadays.

Feh, now Buy.com says my my order is delayed. This is the third time I have tried to buy this game (DeepDiscount still wont let me cancel my order, though they don't even list the game anymore). The world does not want me to have it.

[quote name='Malicite']Feh, now Buy.com says my my order is delayed. This is the third time I have tried to buy this game (DeepDiscount still wont let me cancel my order, though they don't even list the game anymore). The world does not want me to have it.[/QUOTE]

No, it's just your choice of retailer. amazon won't cancel your order.

If you want a copy of the Deluxe Edition with the soundtrack check your local Gamestop. Several of the ones near me still have multiple copies of the Deluxe version :)

Just got my copy in the mail today. No soundtrack, but I'm still happy to get it -- especially after some of you are receiving delay announcements.

bread's done
Back