Portal 2 Pre-orders - Cheapest UK Deals

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
[IMG-R=98]22106[/IMG-R]Portal 2 isn't far off, and we'll be keeping an eye on the lowest pre-order prices along with any other offers worth taking a look at.

Xbox 360
:360: Portal 2 £29.99 with one-time use code 3HMVOFF30

PS3 (Don't forget the PS3 version also lets you download the game on PC/Mac via Steam)
:ps3: Portal 2 £29.99 with one-time use code 3HMVOFF30

PC
:pc: Portal 2 £22.85 with code SUM2 Reported Broken
:pc: Portal 2 Two Pack, £47.98 or £23.99 each. (Also released 2 days earlier, comes with 2 copies of Portal)

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone that's interested I pre-ordered my copy from the hut a while back at £32.85, but got £2 off with a spring discount code (they've got the same thing running at the moment - enter SUM2 at the checkout) and I bought it via topcashback so I'll get a further £1.09 back from it which takes the price to under £30 - bargain!

I have been wondering about pre-order bonuses. In the US, Gamestop is offering "customized skins for the co-op bots Atlas and P-body" like this:

portal2pre.jpg

But I have no idea where you get them in the UK.

The Portal 2 website says "several outlets around the world are offering special pre-order incentives including special pricing and exclusive in-game content". But the link to GAME contains nothing about pre-order bonus content.

Anyone know what's happening here?

(And, yes I know that it's only a couple of skins - but if they're free I want them!)

I got a friend in the US to buy the Two Pack between us.

Ended up costing me £24.36 with a free copy of Portal, and it unlocks 3 days earlier on Steam.

I'm a Valve fanboy, so I'd rather not have to wait longer to play this :p

How is this deal with the free PC version when you buy in the PS3 version going to work? Will you have to connect the accounts together and login into steam on your ps3 to play portal 2 on the ps3?
If my brother buys the PS3 version and connects it to my steam account can we play together?

[quote name='Viper139']How is this deal with the free PC version when you buy in the PS3 version going to work? Will you have to connect the accounts together and login into steam on your ps3 to play portal 2 on the ps3?
If my brother buys the PS3 version and connects it to my steam account can we play together?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know the code is unique and you have to be logged into Steam on both platforms, so you'd need two copies.

[quote name='John'] so you'd need two copies.[/QUOTE]

Dam, I thought it was too good to be true lol

The code SHOWER4 gives a £4 discount on orders over £40 and still works. If there is anything else you wish to buy with it then this will make it a little easier on the wallet.

If you buy a 2-pack from the UK, it will cost £23.99 each.
And free Portal = WIN. :)
Better get those pre-orders in, the ARG is pointing towards a head-start on Friday.

I found this guide on the steam website which talks about the ps3/PC connection

"How do I access my PlayStation®3 copy of Portal 2 from my computer?

Each new copy of Portal 2 on PlayStation®3 includes a one-time use code allowing you access to the game on Windows or Mac through Steam.
Note:

Each code is unique and non-transferrable, and can only be registered to a single Steam account.

To redeem this code, please take the following steps:

1. After you have linked your Steam account and your PSN ID, log in to Steam on Windows or Mac. If you do not yet have Steam, download the software here.
  2. On your PC, launch the Steam application and log in to your account. If you created a new Steam account using the Steam Overlay on PlayStation®3, select “First time signing into Steam”, which will guide you through the first-time Steam login via your PlayStation Network account (you will then be asked if you wish to keep your given account credentials).
  3. Once you have logged in to the account, go to the “Games” menu along the top, choose “Activate a Product on Steam”, and enter the key provided on the card included in the game’s packaging.
  4. After this key has been activated, the game can be downloaded and played by selecting “Library”, and then double-clicking on “Portal 2”.
Note:

The PlayStation®3 game disc for Portal 2 cannot be used to install the game in Windows or OSX. Instead, your computer will download the correct version of the game through Steam."

Offer at GAME:
http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=13465&cm_sp=preowned-_-topnav-_-tradein

Portal 2 - only £4.99 when you trade-in ONE of the following:

WWE All Stars (PS3/Xbox 360)
Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (PS3/Xbox 360)
Michael Jackson: The Experience (PS3/Xbox 360)

Offer ends 27/04/11.

£25 total if you bought WWE All Stars last night when it was £20 (or Motorstorm Apocalypse earlier this month when that was £20).

Edit: WWE All Stars is still in stock at gameplay.co.uk for £20.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back