Photo
- - - - -

2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs - Boston Wins!

• Please log in to reply
708 replies to this topic

#61 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

Varlamov is made of glass. Plus, Neuvirth looks like Hello Kitty. When you look like that, you clearly are awesome.

Neuvirth has been pretty solid so far, 1 goal allowed in two games in the playoffs? That's hella good. I wish we had Holtby as a third alternate, but we'll make do.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#62 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:25 PM

Really good team going into the Playoffs cold against a team coming in really hot. It's a bad combination that happens a lot in the Playoffs, and the team that comes in cold usually ends up with an early vacation.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#63 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

Wings baby. Feeling very good with the 2-0. Datsyuk was huge.

#64 Chika

Chika

Team Conan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

I asked for round 1 tickets for my birthday but that didn't happen:( With the Rangers, it's hard to say "maybe next year" since they're been flaming hot garbage for the last 10+ years:(

Your mom is a dick.

#65 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:02 AM

Damn...the same thing the Sabres got away with in Game 1 sealed their fate in Game 2. Too many stupid penalties. That shit better stop when the series moves to Buffalo. Tyler Myers is also playing like complete shit. Miller can't bail you guys out every freaking night.

#66 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:13 AM

I asked for round 1 tickets for my birthday but that didn't happen:( With the Rangers, it's hard to say "maybe next year" since they're been flaming hot garbage for the last 10+ years:(

There's something to be said for gathering any hockey fans/friends you have (or random non-hockey fans) for a few beers at your house/apartment/local bar. I don't have any close fans that are hockey fans, but since it's the playoffs, I bribed them with cheap beer, and suddenly they were rooting for my Caps!

I had fun going to Game 1 in Washington, but I had just as much fun meeting up at my fave bar last night for game 2 :bouncy:

#67 jello44

jello44

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:34 AM

Damn...the same thing the Sabres got away with in Game 1 sealed their fate in Game 2. Too many stupid penalties. That shit better stop when the series moves to Buffalo. Tyler Myers is also playing like complete shit. Miller can't bail you guys out every freaking night.

I'm happy with the win, but the Flyers really need to do something about their PP. Simply awful, 1 out 10 with two 5 on 3s (there was one that was an abbreviated one; but I'm not really counting that).

When a team is taking too many stupid penalties, you need to drive the dagger through the heart.

72768.png

#68 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:53 AM

The Bruins don't look so good. No hussle at all.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#69 Chika

Chika

Team Conan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:29 AM

There's something to be said for gathering any hockey fans/friends you have (or random non-hockey fans) for a few beers at your house/apartment/local bar. I don't have any close fans that are hockey fans, but since it's the playoffs, I bribed them with cheap beer, and suddenly they were rooting for my Caps!

I had fun going to Game 1 in Washington, but I had just as much fun meeting up at my fave bar last night for game 2 :bouncy:

My father and one of my brothers are Devils fans. Things get heated. Especially since they're diehard fans to the point of having the team logo tattooed. #-o

Your mom is a dick.

#70 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:41 AM

KingBroly, where are you located? It's nice to see another Caps fan located on the random CAGoSphere!

#71 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:00 AM

In Charlotte, NC. I'm originally from Silver Spring, MD. I've been to 1 Capitals Playoff game in my life, and it was the sweetest one of all. Game 6, 1994, versus the Penguins.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#72 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:03 AM

For real. Any other goalie would've let up at least 7 goals.

#73 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:04 AM

I think Buffalo has a good chance of going up 3-1 after the next 2. I haven't been impressed by the Flyers at all. Though Buffalo doesn't impress me either, but it seems like they'll be able to correct the ship.

I don't know if Boston can correct the ship though, as they've looked absolutely terrible so far. Montreal might sweep if the Bruins don't figure out something.

While Chicago is down 0-2, I still have a feeling they could come back and win that series. After the first period in Game 1, they've played really tough hockey.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#74 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

While Chicago is down 0-2, I still have a feeling they could come back and win that series. After the first period in Game 1, they've played really tough hockey.

I wish I shared your optimism on that. I just don't see it happening right now, the Canucks are just too good.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#75 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

I ended up selling my tickets on craigslist to last nights Sharks game. And boy am I glad I did. That was tough to watch, too many mistakes to name. That being said, I still think the we win this series. But we aren't going to beat a team like Detroit or Vancouver with this kind of play.

#76 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

I wish I shared your optimism on that. I just don't see it happening right now, the Canucks are just too good.

Today's game will be a telling sign, especially early on. Chicago seems to be streaky, lose 3-5 here, win 6-7 there. To be honest, I'm not that optimistic for them.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#77 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:58 AM

Well, can't say I didn't see the Caps dropping one game in MSG. Too bad we had it in our hands again and again. Oh well, a lead is still a lead.

#78 Dasflikko

Dasflikko

I want a cookie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:16 AM

Go Canucks!

That is all.

#79 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:17 AM

But you're from Dallas. Why would you care if... oh. I forgot that the Blackhawks were responsible for the Stars...
I get it now.

#80 Dasflikko

Dasflikko

I want a cookie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:27 AM

But you're from Dallas. Why would you care if... oh. I forgot that the Blackhawks were responsible for the Stars...
I get it now.

Or maybe I lived in Vancouver for 20 years? Dunno...

#81 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:27 AM

Ah... That would be a better reason :lol:

#82 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

I'm curious to see how Boston plays tonight.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#83 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

How the Fuck is Steve Downie still playing in the NHL? He should have been banned a long time ago. And that elbow by Kunitz was insane. He'll get at least 2 games.

#84 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:38 PM

I gotta give Phoenix some credit. Despite their ridiculous mauve uniforms (what's with the shoelaces at the neck?), they played with a lotta fight last night despite being heavily outgunned by Philly.

#85 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

I gotta give Phoenix some credit. Despite their ridiculous mauve uniforms (what's with the shoelaces at the neck?), they played with a lotta fight last night despite being heavily outgunned by Philly.

Phoenix...outgunned by Philly?

Only 2 games tonight. Can Vancouver sweep? I hope not.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#86 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:23 PM

1 game for Downie and 1 game for Kunitz.

#87 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

NHL signs 10 year deal with NBC/Versus

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6389351

I was hoping they went with some deal involving ESPN for more exposure. Pretty weak.

edit: looks to be exclusive too, more here. http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Posted Image

#88 jello44

jello44

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

Kunitz only getting one game is a joke.

Wheel of Justice indeed

72768.png

#89 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

Kunitz only getting one game is a joke.

Wheel of Justice indeed

That's pretty bad. Clear intent to injure directed at the head.

#90 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:55 PM

wheel of justice

lol

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List