XBLA - Sega Rally Online Arcade - 800 Points - Out now!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
sega-rally-online.jpg

Sega's super-tough rally racing series is coming to XBLA! It will include 13 cars, 6-player online races, and split-screen multiplayer.
The price is 800 Points/$10. Let's hope it's a little more polished (or at least easier) than Sega Rally Revo.

Achievements
  • Conditioned Reflex 10 - Win a Classic race five times.
  • Over Jump 10 - Beat all five default ghost cars in Time Attack.
  • Go, Go, SEGA Rally! 10 - Win five Xbox LIVE races.
  • 3, 2, 1 Go!! 10 - Complete your first Quick Race.
  • Game Gears 10 - Complete Championship with Manual Transmission.
  • Long medium left ... maybe 10 - Play fifty games in any mode except head to head.
  • Super Challenge 10 - Unlock all courses.
  • Reckless Running 20 - Touch all five AI cars before winning a Quick Race.
  • Ignition 20 - Win a race with every car in the game.
  • Lakeside Memory 20 - Finish 1st on Lakeside in Championship.
  • Finish!! 20 - Place 1st on all tracks in Quick Race on Arcade difficulty.
  • Game Over, Yeah! 50 - Unlock all cars and courses. (2)
Sega_Race_Driving_Suit_Male.png
Sega_Race_Driving_Suit_Female.png

Previews

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they'd just port Sega Rally Championship straight from the Saturn, complete with its awesome music. To me, this just seems like a re-release of Sega Rally Revo to garner more sales. Will definitely demo it though!

Well they certainly don't give you a lot of freedom in the demo.
It was one lap, and one car to choose from. I felt like the cars didn't have much weight to them, though at least when I hit walls I didn't spin out It just kinda stopped me.

It feels like an OK game at 800 pts, I rather wait for a sale at 400pts or less.

lol im in
i really loved that game in teh arcades. i been crazing to play something like that online but i havnt really seen much

now they ened to have ridge racer online :)

Tried the demo, didn't like it at all, it plays exactly like Revo and the one track they gave in the trial seemed exactly like the track in Revo.

I'm not sure I'd even bother with this at 400 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn, so is it basically Revo with online play? I was hoping for something else. I liked Revo, but the premise of having to stay in the grooves was lost on me for an arcade racer type of game.

[quote name='bsmiff']I wish they'd just port Sega Rally Championship straight from the Saturn, complete with its awesome music. To me, this just seems like a re-release of Sega Rally Revo to garner more sales. Will definitely demo it though![/QUOTE]

That's what I was hoping for, and a Daytona game.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Darn, so is it basically Revo with online play? I was hoping for something else. I liked Revo, but the premise of having to stay in the grooves was lost on me for an arcade racer type of game.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, yes, it's exactly like it.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Darn, so is it basically Revo with online play? [/QUOTE]

Seemed that way to me, except I thought Revo had online play already.

I hoped they'd made it feel like the old Sega Rally games, but this is exactly like Revo. If you like it I'd grab Revo which you can probably get for like $5 these days.

What a bummer, but from the screenshots and info I didn't really expect anything more than an XBLA version of Revo. Total easy money move here on SEGA's part. C'mon SEGA, port the Saturn version!

Sega is accustomed to going for the easy buck. Seems like maybe that's the case here yet again, though I haven't tried the demo myself.

I loved Revo personally, so if that's what this is I'll probably get it. Mainly because Revo online seemed dead from the start.

[quote name='whoknows']I loved Revo personally, so if that's what this is I'll probably get it. Mainly because Revo online seemed dead from the start.[/QUOTE]What makes you think this game's online won't be dead from the start?

bread's done
Back