Photo
- - - - -

Bandai Ent. 50% off Sale + FUNimation Blu-ray Deals (50+% off) @ DeepDiscount.com

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:29 AM

Bandai Ent. Sale @ DeepDiscount.com (Over 350 Titles @ 50% off)

Posted Image

FUNimation Blu-ray Deals @ DeepDiscount.com

Edited by WTK, 13 April 2011 - 05:46 PM.

#2 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:49 AM

I don't know why I even bother looking at what DeepDiscount does anymore.

Only bought one thing from them in the last 3 years, and it was a price mistake.
Posted Image

#3 wormraper

wormraper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

nice price on some of the Funi blu's, can't bring myself to order from deep discount anymore. did an impulse order of the Tsubasa ova's, but then just went back a few minutes ago and cancelled. with their track record I'll wait for a price drop elsewhere

Edited by wormraper, 13 April 2011 - 07:42 AM.

#4 junglalien

junglalien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:42 AM

5 Centimeters Per Second $12.49

#5 janesvilleninja

janesvilleninja

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:37 AM

any chance amazon will price match any of these I would like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Complete Collection [4 Discs] for 19.99

but you guys make deepdiscount sound bad so I dunno
Posted Image

#6 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:59 AM

Some awesome deals, and even though they won't be here for 3 months, for the price, so worth it.

Picking up Gunslinger Girls, Shigurui, and Blood Brothers.

See you in 3 months blu-rays!

*edit*

Correction, their servers seem to be down, so can't even order them anyways, lol.

Good ol DD.

Edited by Squarehard, 13 April 2011 - 10:15 AM.

#7 Ratchet & CAG

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:36 PM

Son of a ***** and I just spent $22 on Devil May Cry (Blu-ray) @ Amazon just last month (worst - the 13-episode show wasn't that great either).

Since I don't really care WHEN I get these Blu-rays with my backlog of movies, I'm gonna go ahead and order a couple.

For those that don't know, DeepDiscount is notorious... no really... NOTORIOUS for back orders and holding your orders for 3-4 months (sometimes more) before they ship your order out.

I remember placing a simple order for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (Blu-ray), and that wasn't shipped to me around my birthday... a good 4 and a half months after I had placed the order. In fact, I totally forgot I even ordered it.

#8 pewpewpew

pewpewpew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:42 PM

Picked up a copy of Origin Spirts of the Past. Always heard very mixed things about this movie so could never get myself to buy it for more than 10 bucks. There are actually some worthwhile deals though I'm a bit hesitant too spend much with their bad rep on here.

#9 mbartholow

mbartholow

Big Lots Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

5 Centimeters Per Second $12.49

was this up and gone already? don't see it on sale.

edit: found it:

5 Centimeters Per Second DVD

looks like a new printing of the dvd. i grabbed one.

Edited by mbartholow, 13 April 2011 - 04:03 PM.

#10 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

Son of a ***** and I just spent $22 on Devil May Cry (Blu-ray) @ Amazon just last month (worst - the 13-episode show wasn't that great either).

I was thinking about purchasing that too, but heard such terrible things about it, and now I have confirmation, so save me the effort.

Thanks. :D

#11 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

I might order Trinity Blood and Black Blood Brothers... Only cause it's cheap.

#12 optimusprime8062

optimusprime8062

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:26 PM

Since I don't really care WHEN I get these Blu-rays with my backlog of movies, I'm gonna go ahead and order a couple.

For those that don't know, DeepDiscount is notorious... no really... NOTORIOUS for back orders and holding your orders for 3-4 months (sometimes more) before they ship your order out.

I remember placing a simple order for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (Blu-ray), and that wasn't shipped to me around my birthday... a good 4 and a half months after I had placed the order. In fact, I totally forgot I even ordered it.

I ordered The Prestige over the summer...I still haven't received it.

#13 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:17 PM

In every thread Devil May Cry gets mentioned in, it's unanimously panned. Why did you not listen to us?!

I might order Trinity Blood and Black Blood Brothers... Only cause it's cheap.

Both of these aren't even worth the sale price.
Posted Image

#14 Ratchet & CAG

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:23 PM

In every thread Devil May Cry gets mentioned in, it's unanimously panned. Why did you not listen to us?!

Shoot! Must have missed it. Barely just started posting here on CAG again just recently. Got it on a Gold Box deal without even checking... sigh.

#15 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

The action and animation is still good. Everything else is just shit. I got the blu ray for like $5 and I'm perfectly happy with that. (In DMC)

Black Blood Brother I would say is good. It should REALLY have been a full 26 episode series, but what is offered is enjoyable.

Edited by Zaku77, 14 April 2011 - 12:28 AM.

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#16 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:57 PM

If your order these be prepared to wait AT LEAST 2 months, if not more. Also, they may just cancel it after making you wait for so long.

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#17 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

i reccomend both BBB and TB.. both shows are phenominal go ahead and get them even if they weren't on sale u still buy

I'm Ridin' through NEW YORK

FINNA go and shoot NEW JERSEY up

Tryna take my chain I ain't goin

We gon come and blow NEW JERSEY UP

BANG 3 COMING SOON ~~~~ 300 

#18 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:33 PM

If your order these be prepared to wait AT LEAST 2 months, if not more. Also, they may just cancel it after making you wait for so long.

I'm hoping Amazon pricematches. Deep Discount is shit.

#19 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

i reccomend both BBB and TB.. both shows are phenominal go ahead and get them even if they weren't on sale u still buy

You realize how cruel and irresponsible this is, right?
Posted Image

#20 Shinpachi

Shinpachi

Limited Blades Work

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:56 AM

You realize how cruel and irresponsible this is, right?

I half-agree, Trinity Blood actually has good things going for it, but BBB was just awful, unless (conditional) you have an absolute hard on for the Yugioh animation style, in which case go nuts.

#21 Antic

Antic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:19 AM

I just started watching Trinity Blood, and I've been less than thrilled with it so far. I was glad to pick up the Escaflowne series set through this deal though along with season 1 of Code Geass.

#22 killa5k7

killa5k7

Ashita ga aru sa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:54 AM

How come no one is mentioning...Code Geass and Gurren Lagann. They were pretty damn good shows and these are the cheapest I have seen them...but this is Deepdiscount we are talking about...the reputation is tarnished a bit. As of right now it says Code Geass is on back-order...

#23 Indecisive Rattle

Indecisive Rattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:27 AM

How come no one is mentioning...Code Geass and Gurren Lagann. They were pretty damn good shows and these are the cheapest I have seen them...but this is Deepdiscount we are talking about...the reputation is tarnished a bit. As of right now it says Code Geass is on back-order...

Because everyone is gaga over anime Blu-rays, even if they're mostly upscales of crappy shows.

#24 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:35 AM

i definitely bought a bunch of these like a year ago and haven't watched one yet. Now they are a decent amount cheaper. Whoops.

I'll prob get Afro : Resurrection, and maybe Shigurui

#25 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:37 AM

Because everyone is gaga over anime Blu-rays, even if they're mostly upscales of crappy shows.

Because I already have them.

#26 Dr4g00n

Dr4g00n

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:14 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain what is the bad rep being associated with Deep Discount? Other than the long ship time that others mentioned.

#27 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain what is the bad rep being associated with Deep Discount? Other than the long ship time that others mentioned.

They could stick you with unauthorized airmail charges and refuse to refund it, forcing some extra hassle to deal with it.

#28 Shinpachi

Shinpachi

Limited Blades Work

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:24 PM

Everyone should already have 'em by now, Code Geass R2 is still overpriced ($80 for the 2nd season?! Gtfo with your putting fewer episodes on more discs Bandai!), and I'm certainly never ordering something on backorder from them again. It took somewhere around 5-6 months to get my Gurren Lagann LE from backorder with them.

#29 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

Bandai anime is and remains over priced compared to Funi, which is truly a shame :/

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#30 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:56 AM

You might get used DVDs.