Photo
- - - - -

Bandai Ent. 50% off Sale + FUNimation Blu-ray Deals (50+% off) @ DeepDiscount.com

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:02 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain what is the bad rep being associated with Deep Discount? Other than the long ship time that others mentioned.

You might get used DVDs.

New stuff comes used sometimes, which is a complete screw job.

Happened to me a couple times, and a couple times too, they came damaged and have box cuts through them.

The nightmare ensues when you have to deal with what they call customer service...

#32 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:23 AM

Picked up FMP TSR, both Afro Samurais, and Basilisk. No tax, and free 3-5 day shipping to Hawaii via Google checkout.

#33 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:25 AM

So nothing recommended at these prices? Only things from OP I own are Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid and Basilisk. Or just wait for Amazon

Waiting doesn't bother me since I won't watch it right away. Took 3 months to get my Kung Fu Hustle, but I got it.

#34 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:49 AM

So nothing recommended at these prices? Only things from OP I own are Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid and Basilisk. Or just wait for Amazon

Waiting doesn't bother me since I won't watch it right away. Took 3 months to get my Kung Fu Hustle, but I got it.

If you want recommendations, I would say for the price, Gunslinger Girl (both of them), are probably going to get you the best bang for your buck.

#35 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:16 AM

Evangelion, Samurai 7, and the first season of Gunslinger Girl are all good buys. The second season of Gunslinger Girl is worthless crap, unfortunately.
Posted Image

#36 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

Evangelion, Samurai 7, and the first season of Gunslinger Girl are all good buys. The second season of Gunslinger Girl is worthless crap, unfortunately.

GSG remains one if my favorites. When S2 came out, I was exited cause of Pino, but couldn't watch past the first episode. Now I'm just waiting for vol 7 of the manga, which should hit here later this year.

#37 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

You realize how cruel and irresponsible this is, right?

so because Kirin Lemon doesn't like it I guess that means no one else can LOL

ur like the imbeciles on those game reviewing sites. don't criticize other people for liking something you don't

all I care about is money, all I care about is hundreds, all I care about is fiftys, all I care about is twentys

all I care about my whereabouts, r.i.p. my niggas they in heaven now

that's all I care about now I keep them weapons round, he say he pullin up we gon wet him down

300*

#38 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

Ignore him. That's what I do.

#39 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

Ignore him. That's what I do.

It is what I do as well

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#40 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

It is what I do as well

Same. Don't feed the troll.

#41 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

Same. Don't feed the troll.

What? Kirin isn't a troll. He's simply trying to help prevent people from buying something awful. Also, Capocci, describing Black Blood Brothers and Trinity Blood as phenomenal is highly suspect; I haven't seen them, but they certainly don't look like masterpieces, and I trust Kirin's judgement.

Anyway, I haven't had any problems with Deep Discount. The last time I ordered from them I received my order in a reasonable amount of time. Also, one of my items, True Tears, was horribly scratched, and Deep Discount replaced it without a hassle.

There's definitely some things I would like to order, but I can't afford to order anything right now, unfortunately; I'll just wait for the next sale or the next Bandai sale on Right Stuf.

#42 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:23 AM

What? Kirin isn't a troll. He's simply trying to help prevent people from buying something awful. Also, Capocci, describing Black Blood Brothers and Trinity Blood as phenomenal is highly suspect; I haven't seen them, but they certainly don't look like masterpieces, and I trust Kirin's judgement.

Pretty much. It's no skin off my back if they end up buying those shows. Waste your money if you want, guys, but you've been warned about the garbage that awaits you.

Somewhat related, I just spent most of my day hanging with Monica Rial and Colleen Clinkenbeard. It's gonna be a fun weekend!
Posted Image

#43 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:30 AM

I do think calling Kirin a troll is going overboard. When it comes to Kirin's comments (sometimes a bit harsh imo) on series, I just keep moving along when I see his opinion being negative towards something I may like. My interests usually don't line up with his, so there is no reason to dwell on his statements.

As for this sale, the last time I ordered from DeepDiscount for Gurren Lagaan, I waited a month or so for it to ship, and then 2 weeks for it to arrive. I'd much rather wait and get the stuff on sale from Amazon or Rightstuf and have a better experience.

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#44 Shinpachi

Shinpachi

Limited Blades Work

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:02 AM

Somewhat related, I just spent most of my day hanging with Monica Rial and Colleen Clinkenbeard. It's gonna be a fun weekend!

Are you being literal here? If so, please do elaborate if you would.

#45 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:56 AM

Wow! DDD shipped my ordered quick this time :)

1 FUN007991 BLR : AFRO SAMURAI-2ND SEASON $ 7.00
1 FUN008197 BLR : GUNSLINGER GIRL-1ST SEASON $ 12.99
1 FUN008198 BLR : GUNSLINGER GIRL-2ND SEASON-IL TEAT $ 12.99
1 FUN008525 BLR : BASILISK-COMPLETE SERIES $ 14.62
1 FUN008541 BLR : FULL METAL PANIC-SECOND RAID SERIE $ 14.35
1 FUN023088 BLR : TSUBASA-OVA'S $ 11.37
"Evil is Funs"

#46 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:46 PM

Are you being literal here? If so, please do elaborate if you would.

Yup, completely literal. I've worked as guest coordinator for a local anime convention for many years (minus those I was living in Japan), and this year we have Monica and Colleen in attendance, as well as the folks from Brawl in the Family and Red Letter Media. Monica and I have been good friends for seven years now, and I just met Colleen in person for the first time this Thursday, but she's awesome as well.

I can probably share more details later, but I just woke up, and I need to shower and get Monica to her first panel of the day shortly, then figure out a lunch plan for everyone. Whew!
Posted Image

#47 thirdrose

thirdrose

MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

I like me some Gunslinger Girl at that price.
Posted Image

#48 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:47 PM

Wow! DDD shipped my ordered quick this time :)

Yeah, same thing happened with me.

I was totally caught off guard and surprised.

Let's hope it arrives in good condition now, and not slashed or used as I have previously had issues with them over that before.

But any improvement is a good improvement!

#49 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:50 PM

Girl Who Leapt Through Time came in the mail today. 10 days early!

#50 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:02 AM

Girl Who Leapt Through Time came in the mail today. 10 days early!

I guess they must have gotten the message from all the super angry people over the winter that never got their shit.

That's good.

I hope all my stuff will arrive on Monday or Tuesday too.

#51 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:20 AM

I must be lucky, because I've never had an issue with ddd.

#52 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:48 AM

So I went in for both Afro Samurais and Gunslinger Girls, thanks for the recommendations! Evangelion was sold out unfortunately.

#53 pewpewpew

pewpewpew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:00 AM

Does DD send out a shipping confirmation with a tracking code once the items have shipped? Made a purchase on the 13th and it still seems like it hasn't shipped yet.

Edited by pewpewpew, 19 April 2011 - 08:29 AM.

#54 evilomar

evilomar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

I'm done with DDD. I've put up with used dvds, wrong dvds and waiting 5 months for a dvd. The last time I ordered from them with a 10 coupon they sent me in the mail; my ordered got cancelled. No one had an answer and when I went to reorder the item again they said I couldn't use the 10 dollar coupon. I reported them to the BBB. They used to be a great place to get movies, hell I ordered from them exclusively for 10 years, but their customer support has gone down hill.
www.aboutheroes.com Best comicbook podcast ever!!!

#55 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

Does DD send out a shipping confirmation with a tracking code once the items have shipped? Made a purchase on the 13th and it still seems like it hasn't shipped yet.

They use media mail to ship all their packages, so the tracking info may take awhile to update too.

Mine was shipped out on the 14th, and the info didn't update until Sunday, and it should arrive today.

But in general, media mail is super slow, but at least they are actually getting things shipped out now.

Before it took 3 months to even get a shipping confirmation, so something is different. :P

#56 pewpewpew

pewpewpew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

They use media mail to ship all their packages, so the tracking info may take awhile to update too.

Mine was shipped out on the 14th, and the info didn't update until Sunday, and it should arrive today.

But in general, media mail is super slow, but at least they are actually getting things shipped out now.

Before it took 3 months to even get a shipping confirmation, so something is different. :P

Unfortunately I still haven't received a shipping confirmation yet. Maybe just been spoiled by Amazon and other dependable retailers but I don't think I've ever had to wait this long for a shipping notice before besides third party sellers for in stock items. Nice to know they use USPS's slowest shipping option as well. Glad I didn't spend much since it may be a bit of a wait. :cold:

#57 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

Unfortunately I still haven't received a shipping confirmation yet. Maybe just been spoiled by Amazon and other dependable retailers but I don't think I've ever had to wait this long for a shipping notice before besides third party sellers for in stock items. Nice to know they use USPS's slowest shipping option as well. Glad I didn't spend much since it may be a bit of a wait. :cold:

If your order is currently put of stock, it may take them a rally ling time to ship as they suck at restocking items in a timely manner.

They still let you add it in our cart even I'd it's currently out of stock, so you may be one of the ones that fell into that category.

I'm just glad I ordered the same day this was posted so I didn't have to wait another three months for my packages.

Hopefully you paid with credit since they Sony charge until it ships.

#58 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

Sale is over, but just to let everyone know, that I did indeed receive all parts of my orders, with the last one arriving today.

So a good experience once again with DeepDiscount, for me at least, so hoping for another sale in the future, as I will be giving them my business once again.

#59 Waheed

Waheed

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:43 AM

Yup, completely literal. I've worked as guest coordinator for a local anime convention for many years (minus those I was living in Japan), and this year we have Monica and Colleen in attendance, as well as the folks from Brawl in the Family and Red Letter Media. Monica and I have been good friends for seven years now, and I just met Colleen in person for the first time this Thursday, but she's awesome as well.

I can probably share more details later, but I just woke up, and I need to shower and get Monica to her first panel of the day shortly, then figure out a lunch plan for everyone. Whew!

Yeah me too! We own a timeshare together on the beach over on the west coast. They are both really down to earth people but let me tell you they sometimes enjoy their drink a bit to much and ... well, let's just say it leads to a whole lot of fun!

#60 Dr4g00n

Dr4g00n

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

Just wanted to give you guys some info regarding my order. I received my copy of Basilisk today. Was kinda worried after all the negative feedback. The box is a little beat up and the shrink wrap seems a little questionable. But the actual BR shells and the discs look new. Ordered on 4/14, shipped the next day and it arrived via DHL then USPS today.

EDIT: After closer inspection from myself and a coworker, theres pretty strong evidence this was used. The box is way too beat up to be new. As for the shells, I'm guessing they just switched out the old ones for new ones.

Edited by Dr4g00n, 25 April 2011 - 11:17 PM.