Photo
- - - - -

GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3831 replies to this topic

#61 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:44 AM

That looks like a 25% bonus + 10% Edge/Powerup bonus. If you bought one of those 50% bonus coupons from the Powerup website, you got screwed. Take your receipt back in, along with another copy of that coupon, and see if a manager can fix it for you.

Edit: Note that those 50% coupons only apply if you were trading towards specific games. If you took credit on your card, it wouldn't have worked.

hmm...Calculating what you traded in, with bonuses and everything you should have gotten $106.40.

Did you buy Mortal Kombat or Portal 2 using that coupon? Cause i think that's the reason like DJP519 said earlier.

Yeah, I put it towards Mortal Kombat. I don't think I can get another copy of the coupon as I printed it out at a friend's house, since I didn't have internet over the past week.

EDIT: Just noticed I can print another copy of the coupon, but my damn printer is out of black ink. Fucking hell.

#62 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:52 AM

Yeah, I put it towards Mortal Kombat. I don't think I can get another copy of the coupon as I printed it out at a friend's house, since I didn't have internet over the past week.

EDIT: Just noticed I can print another copy of the coupon, but my damn printer is out of black ink. Fucking hell.

Does anyone know if you can put it toward Mk or Portal, then just return the game and get the credit back? Or will they make a big fuss about it since they want you to only put it towards those 2 games?

I don't want either game, I just want the extra 50% TIV.
Posted Image

#63 LakersForLife82481

LakersForLife82481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:57 AM

Does anyone know if you can put it toward Mk or Portal, then just return the game and get the credit back? Or will they make a big fuss about it since they want you to only put it towards those 2 games?

I don't want either game, I just want the extra 50% TIV.

It should work, just return Portal 2 or MK at another store. Im doing the same.
Posted Image

#64 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:58 AM

It should work, just return Portal 2 or MK at another store. Im doing the same.

Good Idea. Thanks.
Posted Image

#65 Munny1212

Munny1212

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:03 AM

Would a 360 console count as a game for the 50%? I know its a pretty dumb question but I want to see if I can get rid of this old Premium system.

#66 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:11 AM

Would a 360 console count as a game for the 50%? I know its a pretty dumb question but I want to see if I can get rid of this old Premium system.

I doubt it. I just printed the coupon and the title reads "50% bonus on games traded toward MK or portal 2"
Posted Image

#67 Kojiro

Kojiro

Vasch - Bismarck FFXI

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:36 AM

Portal 2 PS3 - $24

Traded it in after redeeming the PC copy. I put it towards a 3ds game and got 32.40 after the bonus 10% and 6 dollars for getting a 3ds game (Theyre still doing that deal here).

#68 FawkAndSuck

FawkAndSuck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:35 AM

I have a question about the extra 25% credit for trade-ins towards a purchase of Portal 2, Mortal Kombat, and LA Noire. If I trade in $100 worth of games and get that extra $25, do I have to use the entire $125 on those games or can I just spend $60 to buying Mortal Kombat and put the rest on a gift card? The reason I ask is because the offer description says "Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2.'

EDIT: Oh and does the extra 50% trade-in credit coupon for PUR members work the same way?

#69 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:10 PM

I have a question about the extra 25% credit for trade-ins towards a purchase of Portal 2, Mortal Kombat, and LA Noire. If I trade in $100 worth of games and get that extra $25, do I have to use the entire $125 on those games or can I just spend $60 to buying Mortal Kombat and put the rest on a gift card? The reason I ask is because the offer description says "Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2.'

EDIT: Oh and does the extra 50% trade-in credit coupon for PUR members work the same way?

They will use whatever it costs to pay off the game you choose out of those choices you have, and whatever is leftover they will put back on your PUR card.

And yes, the coupon works the same way. Apparently the coupon doesn't scan right though, as I got gypped out of about $20 in credit. Going back to the store later today once my girlfriend gets back from work with my car. Meanwhile I emailed GS customer service. Might call them if I don't get a timely response. :booty:

#70 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:50 PM

anybody know Mortal Kombat's TIV?

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#71 jdhamm85

jdhamm85

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

I think they have it at $24 on the big board in the store.

#72 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:45 PM

I emailed customer service about my trade-in credit mistake. They told me a DM will give me a call in a couple of days.

#73 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

I emailed customer service about my trade-in credit mistake. They told me a DM will give me a call in a couple of days.

Yeah when I had a mess up on my trade, I called CS and they gave me the DMs number and I called him. He contacted the store and I went back in there and got it worked out.

#74 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

I am about 90% sure it is trade 3 for an extra $10 only. Nothing about tiers. The little ad thing they plan on the TV said so in between the Carnival Games commercial and Duke Nukem interview.

#75 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:18 PM

I am about 90% sure it is trade 3 for an extra $10 only. Nothing about tiers. The little ad thing they plan on the TV said so in between the Carnival Games commercial and Duke Nukem interview.

100% accurate. I traded in 9 games total in one transaction and got $30 extra on top of my edge bonus.
Posted Image

#76 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:19 PM

Killzone 3 held at $27 base.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#77 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:46 PM

TIVs from today:

:3ds: Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition - $18
:360: Halo Reach - $18
:360: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $17

Only SSFIV3DE's TIV changed.

Also, that Portal/MK 50% TIV coupon is completely broken. The employee had to call her manager to ask what to do, and ended up not using the coupon at all and had to manually override all the trade-ins by hand. Took about 10 minutes to sort it all out... but she was nice and patient about it ^.^

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#78 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:03 AM

Are the wired headsets still bringing $5 TIV? I thought they dropped to $3.50 a short while ago?

#79 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:04 AM

Also, that Portal/MK 50% TIV coupon is completely broken. The employee had to call her manager to ask what to do, and ended up not using the coupon at all and had to manually override all the trade-ins by hand. Took about 10 minutes to sort it all out... but she was nice and patient about it ^.^

Yeah, I found out the hard way. Hopefully the DM in my area will be nice enough and allow the TIVs to be changed to what they should have been in the first place.

#80 AFarewell2Arms

AFarewell2Arms

Drop A Deuce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:10 AM

FYI I can confirm :ps3: Portal 2 for $24. Traded it in today. Essentially paid $22.60 for the PC download of the game. I'll take it.

#81 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:18 AM

Yeah, I found out the hard way. Hopefully the DM in my area will be nice enough and allow the TIVs to be changed to what they should have been in the first place.

Well it works if u trade in 2 or fewer games I guess as my transaction was just trade KZ 3 & purchase of MK. That sucks for others.

#82 samoth

samoth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

Got this in my email: "Extra $50 In-Store Credit We're giving members an extra $50 in-store credit for doing a little spring cleaning and recycling! Between Thursday, April 21, and Wednesday, April 27, swipe your PowerUp Rewards card to get an extra $50 in-store credit on any Xbox 360®, PS3™ or Wii™ system traded*! Don't forget, members always score 20 points per dollar on trades and Pro members score an additional 10% in-store credit on every item traded!" Thinking about trading in my XBOX 360 Arcade w/ 120GB drive and a few extras...if the prices in the OP are accurate I'd end up with around $130 for the whole bundle. Thoughts?

#83 lunker

lunker

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:41 PM

I'll be trading in my old 360 tomorrow with the extra $50 credit -- was kicking myself for missing this deal the last time it came around.

#84 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:56 PM

Does the Portal 2/MK bonus 50% coupon have an expiration date? I don't have time to go to GS until next week, but I want to get the coupon before the offer expires this week.

#85 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

Does the Portal 2/MK bonus 50% coupon have an expiration date? I don't have time to go to GS until next week, but I want to get the coupon before the offer expires this week.

Yes, "Expires on 06/30/2011"

#86 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

The PUR 1000 point coupon for the 50% bump had an expiration date of 6/30/11
NowPlaying: BF3, RFG, Disgaea3
Latest Plat: Lego HP 1-4

#87 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:46 PM

Yes, "Expires on 06/30/2011"

Ok, thanks. Another question: lets say I have about $100 base of games I want to trade in. With the coupon I'd end up getting $150. However, since Portal 2 is only a $60 game, what would happen to the additional credit over the $60? Would I still get the extra 50% bonus even though I went over what Portal 2 costs? Just wondering since I have a ton of stuff to trade in and wanted to see if I could get the extra 50% on everything and just have the additional credit put on a GC.

#88 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:11 PM

Ok, thanks. Another question: lets say I have about $100 base of games I want to trade in. With the coupon I'd end up getting $150. However, since Portal 2 is only a $60 game, what would happen to the additional credit over the $60? Would I still get the extra 50% bonus even though I went over what Portal 2 costs? Just wondering since I have a ton of stuff to trade in and wanted to see if I could get the extra 50% on everything and just have the additional credit put on a GC.

The coupon is supposed to work on "all games traded in" but there seems to be some form of glitch with it (as there always is with GS promos) where you wind up not getting full value for everything. If you see my post at the top of page 4, I wound up getting $89 in credit opposed to the $106-ish of what I was supposed to receive with the coupon.

If you trade in over the amount of the cost of the game (over 59.99 + tax) the credit will just go back on your card/account for future use. So yeah, you can trade in as much stuff as you want, but make sure it is all getting the 50% value bump before you leave the store so you don't have to deal with it later.

#89 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

now that is a good question.

#90 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

I can confirm that the trade 3/$10 bonus is working.

Base TIV as of today:
:360: GUN - $3.00
:360: Hannah Montanta The Movie - $3.00
:360: Guitar Hero Smash Hits - $5.00
HDMI Cable (any) - $4.00