Photo
- - - - -

GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3831 replies to this topic

#1921 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:55 AM

:lol:

I didn't mean as in trade it in on Amazon! I meant sell it through their Marketplace (if you don't mind shipping it yourself and everything that goes with it):

http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

See. More "valuable," right? :applause: When I checked a few days ago there were more obscene prices like $300. I guess it dropped closer to what you would've paid retail for a new one back then. But, they're definitely out of production and people still seem to want them. The reason I can see the price being so high is because the MadCatz one lacks force feedback and can't use the regular Xbox rechargeable batteries. On top of that, the only other "affordable" option is that unreleased motion-sensing wheel Microsoft has shown off at E3.

I want one... So bad..
OP= Online Pass
Currently selling DLC: Dead Island, RAGE, Dissidia: Aya Brea Costume, SR: The Third OP, Red Faction: Armageddon, Homefront OP + Avatar, BRINK, Portal 2 Steam Passes, Crysis 2 LE, Bulletstorm , NFS:HP OP , Dead Space 2 OP +Armor, Alice Madness: Returns OP, Motorstorm: Apoc, FEAR 3 Shredder + OP, Gears of War 2 ALL FRONTS, Halo: Reach Recon Helmet, Mortal Kombat OP

PM for more details

#1922 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

Does anyone know the Current TIV for the official xbox 360 racing wheel? I have the box and everything as well.

Gamestop doesn't take it, sell it on Amazon Marketplace.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1923 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:01 AM

Yeah I saw it was about $24 on amazon. Was hoping for a bit more. Hopefully you're right about them being valuable. I don't see them anywhere. I may be better off waiting until the next big racing game, I guess Forza 4 comes out relatively soon. Thanks for the response.

Ill give you whatever Amazons TiV is plus $10 and shipping :D

#1924 Miro

Miro

Browncoat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

Copied from here GS's trade in page: http://www.gamestop....ialty/tradeins/

40% Trade Bonus toward Pre-Order of E3 Title(s)

Get an extra 40% in-store credit on any games traded toward big upcoming releases announced at this year's E3: Gears of War 3 | Batman Arkham City | Assassin's Creed Revelation | Just Dance 3 | Uncharted 3 | Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim | Rage | COD: Modern Warfare 3 | Mass Effect 3 | Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Offer valid 06/20/11 - 07/31/11.

#1925 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:16 PM

Copied from here GS's trade in page: http://www.gamestop....ialty/tradeins/

40% Trade Bonus toward Pre-Order of E3 Title(s)

Get an extra 40% in-store credit on any games traded toward big upcoming releases announced at this year's E3: Gears of War 3 | Batman Arkham City | Assassin's Creed Revelation | Just Dance 3 | Uncharted 3 | Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim | Rage | COD: Modern Warfare 3 | Mass Effect 3 | Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Offer valid 06/20/11 - 07/31/11.

Why do they keep doing all of these promos that cancel each other out?
OP= Online Pass
Currently selling DLC: Dead Island, RAGE, Dissidia: Aya Brea Costume, SR: The Third OP, Red Faction: Armageddon, Homefront OP + Avatar, BRINK, Portal 2 Steam Passes, Crysis 2 LE, Bulletstorm , NFS:HP OP , Dead Space 2 OP +Armor, Alice Madness: Returns OP, Motorstorm: Apoc, FEAR 3 Shredder + OP, Gears of War 2 ALL FRONTS, Halo: Reach Recon Helmet, Mortal Kombat OP

PM for more details

#1926 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

What did the OP say? I miss all the good stuff when I'm sleeping :(

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1927 MrRosales

MrRosales

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

I wish Battlefield 3 was on that list =/
Posted Image

#1928 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

What did the OP say? I miss all the good stuff when I'm sleeping :(

its a wiki post. view the edit history.
OP= Online Pass

PM for more details

#1929 JediKiller24

JediKiller24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:09 PM

I wish Battlefield 3 was on that list =/

That list may by YMMV, as I went to TRU today and bought 2 copies of LA Noire in their 2 for $50 deal (one for each system) and took them to Gamestop with the intention of trading them towards modern warfare 3 preorder...After they rang up at the bonus trade value, the employee was fine with me putting it towards any of my preorders...so I could have put it on battlefield 3 or anything else if I'd wanted. It may depend on if you're on friendly terms with the GS employees...they consider me a regular at my local GS, so I don't know if that's why they weren't strict about it.

#1930 MrRosales

MrRosales

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

That list may by YMMV, as I went to TRU today and bought 2 copies of LA Noire in their 2 for $50 deal (one for each system) and took them to Gamestop with the intention of trading them towards modern warfare 3 preorder...After they rang up at the bonus trade value, the employee was fine with me putting it towards any of my preorders...so I could have put it on battlefield 3 or anything else if I'd wanted. It may depend on if you're on friendly terms with the GS employees...they consider me a regular at my local GS, so I don't know if that's why they weren't strict about it.

Funny a buddy of mine is trying to trade an L.A. Noire copy that he got from TRU also. I'll go with him later to GS and ask about it. Thanks for the info
Posted Image

#1931 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

PS3 Monopoly Streets 15$
PS3 Hasbro Family Game Night 3 14$
PS3 Truth or Lies 1$
360 Legends of the Guardians 6$
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#1932 NOFX232

NOFX232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

Xbox 360 Wired Controller (Microsoft Brand/1st Party) - $7

#1933 WiiShopChannels

WiiShopChannels

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:13 PM

anybody know the TIV for Zelda:OOT 3D?? Dont have a 3DS yet so looking to get it off my hands...assuming i add the extra 40% then PUR, I'd probably be getting close to what I paid for it...hopefully

Looking for some new PS4 friends....feel free to add me. 

PSN: tallytabletommy

#1934 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

Dragon Quest IX - 9
Super Mario 64 DS - 10
Mario Kart DS - 15

#1935 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:19 AM

anybody know the TIV for Zelda:OOT 3D?? Dont have a 3DS yet so looking to get it off my hands...assuming i add the extra 40% then PUR, I'd probably be getting close to what I paid for it...hopefully

Why did you buy it?

#1936 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:52 AM

Portal 2 (xbox and ps3) - 15
Mortal Kombat (xbox and ps3) - 18

Totally panicked and ended up trading in at that price. I hate that these guys don't post their TIVs online.

#1937 tim_pkmn89

tim_pkmn89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:52 AM

I assume for the free soundtrack.

#1938 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:26 AM

Tagging new thread.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1939 kmitchell28

kmitchell28

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:30 AM

LA Noire - $28 (PS3 - 06/20/2011)

#1940 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:54 AM

Has anyone ever transferred pre-orders from 1 store to another? I'll be in another state this fall, but this is a nice deal (instead of waiting for the next 40% trade in to come in July).

I don't think it's possible, but it would be really nice! OR if they would just let me do the online order right in store just so they can see it... again I know probably not possible, but would be nice!

#1941 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:06 AM

Has anyone ever transferred pre-orders from 1 store to another? I'll be in another state this fall, but this is a nice deal (instead of waiting for the next 40% trade in to come in July).

I don't think it's possible, but it would be really nice! OR if they would just let me do the online order right in store just so they can see it... again I know probably not possible, but would be nice!

Generally it's not possible from what I've understood. You can try to get the other store to give you a refund and then preorder it again in the next store, but that kindof defeats the purpose.

I was in a store over the weekend for the B2G1 and there was a guy there trying to do this exact thing. He's in the military and was stationed in Georgia and had a game preordered. Things changed, he got moved up here, and was trying to get his preorder transferred. The employee was clueless about this even being possible and spent a while on the phone with the district manager about figuring out how to make it work.

#1942 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:08 AM

Why don't you just cancel your pre-order at one store and then pre-order it at the next?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1943 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:23 AM

Wow, this is my exact problem! Well I asked a GS clerk and he didn't have much of an answer. He told me it really depends on the manager and if he's nice enough, He then said something about being able to do it via gift card, but Im not sure how that works. He said it is possible and he does it for his customers.
Posted Image

#1944 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:24 AM

I too heard a lot of people asking about moving preorders over the weekend. (Is it the time of year to get pre-orders you can't pickup?) Seems like your best bet is to just do the pre-order then cancel it and get your credit back before you move.

#1945 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:25 AM

or just pre order, get the 40% then cancel the next day?
EDIT
someone beat me to it
OP= Online Pass

PM for more details

#1946 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:27 AM

Portal 2 (xbox and ps3) - 15
Mortal Kombat (xbox and ps3) - 18

Totally panicked and ended up trading in at that price. I hate that these guys don't post their TIVs online.

Hey thanks for posting the new MK price, sucks it's down to $27 after 10%/40% bumps instead of $37.50 with the base price in OP....

TIV is $30 on Amazon i'll stick with there. It's my extra copy from my cheapo cheapass $84 TE stick bundle score. :D

#1947 WiiShopChannels

WiiShopChannels

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:07 AM

Why did you buy it?

Just so I could get the soundtrack lol

#1948 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:12 AM

Anyone have a clue what a DS lite trades for? I see the extra $25 bonus on systems so I guess I'll take mine in tomorrow and expect to get about $26...

Sucks that MK dropped. I'm guessing LA Noire did as well. I'll see on that tomorrow too.

#1949 TheAngryCAG

TheAngryCAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:21 AM

stopped in today to see the trade in value. I did the same thing you did. Right now it's at $18, not too bad if you trade toward something for the 40%, but I'm gonna wait to see what amazon lists their value at.

#1950 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:57 AM

Why don't you just cancel your pre-order at one store and then pre-order it at the next?

That's what I was going to try and do, but I wasn't sure how their computers worked. Like if their computers had knowledge of when/how I pre-ordered it. Like if it I cancelled it a few weeks from now if it would take away the 40% promo and leave me with just the basic 10%.

I was hoping it'd work that way, but just didn't want their computer to realize that the money was supposed to be used towards a certain pre-order and thus kick off the promo later on. Thanks guys!