Photo
- - - - -

GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3831 replies to this topic

#2011 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

Can you get the forty percent plus pur if u preorder NCAA or madden

Unfortunately not... just Gears of War 3 | Batman Arkham City | Assassin's Creed Revelation | Just Dance 3 | Uncharted 3 | Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim | Rage | COD: Modern Warfare 3 | Mass Effect 3 | Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

#2012 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

Unfortunately not... just Gears of War 3 | Batman Arkham City | Assassin's Creed Revelation | Just Dance 3 | Uncharted 3 | Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim | Rage | COD: Modern Warfare 3 | Mass Effect 3 | Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Can't you just go in the next day, say I want to cancel my preorder of game X and get the credit back? Then put all the credit on a different preorder later? We have been doing that for years and I have not heard of this method not being viable lately...

#2013 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

Yep, you can do that.

#2014 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:48 PM

I def will try that!

#2015 Erabiont

Erabiont

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

Got some new values:
:ps2:
Dynasty Warriors 5 Xtreme Legends - $2.50
God of War II - $2.50
:ps3:
Little Big Planet GOTY - $12
:360:
Devil May Cry 4 - $2
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - $7
Halo 3: ODST - $5
Lost Odyssey - $4
Ninja Gaiden 2 - $3

t3hchucknoris.png

#2016 Squal

Squal

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

I put some values in under the trade in values search bar, but they're still showing up as "unconfirmed". How do they get confirmed?

#2017 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:58 PM

Base TIV

:ps3: COD Black Ops - $23

#2018 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

I put some values in under the trade in values search bar, but they're still showing up as "unconfirmed". How do they get confirmed?

There is a moderation queue they have to go through.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#2019 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:28 PM

I wonder if this means the TIV for Crysis 2,DS2and NFS:HP went up as well. That would be epic if so.

#2020 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:54 PM

So, I just called the gamestops near me and asked if I could trade in some games towards an e3 title, and then put it on a different pre order, and then told me they can't. I then asked them if I could put it towards the gears 3 console and they told me they couldn't do that. I then even asked what would happen if I put it towards a title and then didn't want the game anymore, and they told me that I would lose any extra trade in credit from that promo. So thats pretty lame, I'll probably go trade in my games to best buy for that promo.

#2021 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

I just went to my local GS and they said they have no clue what the E3 extra 40% TIV value offer is and it wouldn't ring up...

What the Fuck? Couldn't show them their own website because I had no internet, and he couldn't contact his manager or something.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#2022 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:58 PM

I just went to my local GS and they said they have no clue what the E3 extra 40% TIV value offer is and it wouldn't ring up...

What the Fuck? Couldn't show them their own website because I had no internet, and he couldn't contact his manager or something.

Ya one of the ones I called, the employee didn't know what it was, then looked at a poster and said, ya I think it starts on July 1st. And I was like what????? It clearly says it started June 20th.

#2023 joseraul

joseraul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:02 PM

When I went two days ago, they had to scan the code for the extra 40% from a paper on their promo binder.

#2024 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:15 PM

Ya one of the ones I called, the employee didn't know what it was, then looked at a poster and said, ya I think it starts on July 1st. And I was like what????? It clearly says it started June 20th.

That's a totally different promotion. It's a coupon that starts on July 1 for any trade in. The 40% bonus that's been talked about here is the one towards E3 titles only and is a different promo.

#2025 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:15 PM

So, I just called the gamestops near me and asked if I could trade in some games towards an e3 title, and then put it on a different pre order, and then told me they can't. I then asked them if I could put it towards the gears 3 console and they told me they couldn't do that. I then even asked what would happen if I put it towards a title and then didn't want the game anymore, and they told me that I would lose any extra trade in credit from that promo. So thats pretty lame, I'll probably go trade in my games to best buy for that promo.

They are lying too you, once the trade is complete the credit is yours. You can transfer or cancel a preorder. I do it all the time.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#2026 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:17 PM

Bestbuy + Dragon Age 2 & Shift 2 purchase with @ gamer coupons + Gamestop =Gears of War 3 | Batman Arkham City | Assassin's Creed Revelation | Just Dance 3 | Uncharted 3 | Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim | Rage | COD: Modern Warfare 3 | Mass Effect 3 | Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.....can be paid off in full with 40 + 10% promo.

#2027 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:19 PM

They are lying too you, once the trade is complete the credit is yours. You can transfer or cancel a preorder. I do it all the time.

If you look at the wording of a lot of these promos they are allowed to take away the bonus credit. It isn't automatic by the computer though. The employee would have to manually remove the bonus credit. It has been reported done in the past.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#2028 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:27 PM

TIV - 6/22

360:
Dragon Age II - $23
Shift 2 Unleashed - $17

Awesome, I was about to ship 4 dragon age II's to amazon that I bought from BB using the gamer coupon, so I guess I'll take the extra 40$ for trading to GS instead.
Posted Image

#2029 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:35 PM

If you look at the wording of a lot of these promos they are allowed to take away the bonus credit. It isn't automatic by the computer though. The employee would have to manually remove the bonus credit. It has been reported done in the past.

If that was reported, then was someone was actually abused. The reality is GS has no corporate rules against transferring or canceling any preorder. I suspect they would actually get into trouble with the local pawn laws if they reduced the actual value after the trade was complete.

If all else fails however, you take possession of the game, ask for a gift receipt, and then return it to another store. 9/10 because they cannot connect the game back to the actual purchase method, and they will give you cash back. I've on occasion had to specifically refuse cash, and asked them to give me a gift card. I do this to keep my GS monies from being wasted on non gaming stuff :)
Posted Image

#2030 yomomma1

yomomma1

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:03 AM

Base 6/22
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 - $7
Borderlands GOTY - $10
Gun - $3
Wii
Spy Fox in Dry Cereal - $1
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $22
Madworld - $2
PS2
Beyond Good and Evil - $0.75
Gamecube
Midway Arcade Treasures $0.75

#2031 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:18 AM

If that was reported, then was someone was actually abused. The reality is GS has no corporate rules against transferring or canceling any preorder. I suspect they would actually get into trouble with the local pawn laws if they reduced the actual value after the trade was complete.

The only issues I've run into with that is if I trade in more stuff than the pre-order is worth. Even if I pay the pre-order in full, they strongly, STRONGLY urge me to burn the other credit on something while I'm there.

I guess there's no policy against me saying no but... I usually cave and just pick up a PSN card or something. Transferring credit onto another pre-order or removing it to use on a purchase I've done multiple times just fine (on another day or another store though).

#2032 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:31 AM

The only issues I've run into with that is if I trade in more stuff than the pre-order is worth. Even if I pay the pre-order in full, they strongly, STRONGLY urge me to burn the other credit on something while I'm there.

I guess there's no policy against me saying no but... I usually cave and just pick up a PSN card or something. Transferring credit onto another pre-order or removing it to use on a purchase I've done multiple times just fine (on another day or another store though).

man, I traded in a bunch of stuff 2 days ago (that amounted to a little over 200 bucks) not realizing that you could do the thing where you just put 5 bucks towards the game. I don't mind buying the game, but I thought that only the credit applied to the games would get increased. I'm an idiot.

Is there any way that GS can retroactively add that bonus? My guess is that they theoretically could, but it would be a massive YMMV, and not something that actually can be done.

#2033 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:47 AM

If you didn't get the bonus when you traded the stuff in (because you thought the games weren't eligible and subsequently didn't put them toward a qualifying title), I don't think there's any chance you'll get the bonus after the fact. Trades are final, from all my experiences.

#2034 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:53 AM

If you didn't get the bonus when you traded the stuff in (because you thought the games weren't eligible and subsequently didn't put them toward a qualifying title), I don't think there's any chance you'll get the bonus after the fact. Trades are final, from all my experiences.

Yeah, I mean, the only reason I thought it might be something that would work would be the fact that GS really wants people to lock in pre-orders, so they might "fudge" the rules on that in order to get the pre-order.

Anyway, I have a different question now! I called that store just to see and the guy said that you have to apply all of the credit towards the eligible pre-order games. I explained that just tonight I had applied 5 bucks towards a game and received the full extra 40% bonus (plus 10% for PUR) on my order. He then said that I did not actually do that, and I said, "well OK, it doesn't matter then" and then he said that their store manager has a policy that all the credit has to go toward the games you are pre-ordering.

So... my question is which is correct? This -- to me -- sounds like a case of a store clerk going rambo and making up rules to "protect his store" -- can a store manager do that?

#2035 shiftymcneely

shiftymcneely

I love my Lions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:55 AM

TIV from today

:360:

Mass Effect - $7
Pirates: At World's End - $1.50
PGR 4 - $1
The Bigs - $1.50
GTA IV - $8
Enchanted Arms - $1

:ps3:

Infamous - $10

Rating scale ( :cold: :drool: :cry: :applause: :hot:)

:xb1:  Forza 5 :applause:

:ps4: Diablo 3 :hot: Madden 25 :hot: Destiny :hot:

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:

#2036 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:58 AM

Yeah, I mean, the only reason I thought it might be something that would work would be the fact that GS really wants people to lock in pre-orders, so they might "fudge" the rules on that in order to get the pre-order.

Anyway, I have a different question now! I called that store just to see and the guy said that you have to apply all of the credit towards the eligible pre-order games. I explained that just tonight I had applied 5 bucks towards a game and received the full extra 40% bonus (plus 10% for PUR) on my order. He then said that I did not actually do that, and I said, "well OK, it doesn't matter then" and then he said that their store manager has a policy that all the credit has to go toward the games you are pre-ordering.

So... my question is which is correct? This -- to me -- sounds like a case of a store clerk going rambo and making up rules to "protect his store" -- can a store manager do that?

No, what they said is technically correct. There's many ways to get around that though, but it may require coming back on another day.

1. You trade in more than the pre-order costs in total. Say you trade in $100, and the game costs $60. You can use the extra $40 right there in the store on something else.

2. Most likely you can just do this. To go another store or come back another day and cancel the pre-order, the credit will be put back onto your account. At that point you can use it on anything you want.

#2037 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:05 AM

No, what they said is technically correct. There's many ways to get around that though, but it may require coming back on another day.

1. You trade in more than the pre-order costs in total. Say you trade in $100, and the game costs $60. You can use the extra $40 right there in the store on something else.

2. Most likely you can just do this. To go another store or come back another day and cancel the pre-order, the credit will be put back onto your account. At that point you can use it on anything you want.

Thanks man! Sounds like I will have to sometimes to the trickier way. It just sounds like, to me, for some reason CSRs in St. Louis at pretty much every store are all about trying to block these kinds of deals. At least I know of one store that does it the "portion not all" way, so that is good. Just wish I had known about this last night. I'd pretty much have a free skyrim already :)

#2038 Darkhate

Darkhate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:35 AM

Call of Duty: Black ops Wii base $25

after 40% promo and pur = $37.50

#2039 tdesi420

tdesi420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:32 AM

Infamous 2 base $28

+40% = $39.20

#2040 flagg1216

flagg1216

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:45 AM

You are supposed to put all the tiv toward the pre-order. That is how the promotion is worded. It is ymmv if the store actually does this. Most stores will happily take just $5 toward one of the e3 titles and let you do as you please with the rest of the credit.