Xbox Rewards Wiki

• Please log in to reply
1762 replies to this topic

#391 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:39 PM

I think a main gripe here is the tweet from xboxsupport acknowledging what happened and stating everyone would get to keep the points they received. Even though this can't really be seen as an official MS source, many people took this as confirmation and decided to save their points for something they really wanted instead of spending just for the sake of blowing the hot points before MS took them away. I guess if anything this was a learning experience. If this ever happens again (which it probably won't), everyone knows to just go on a spending frenzy.

#392 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

Once something is purchased on your account, there is no way for MS to take that off your account, period. Which is why they state "no refunds" because even is the purchase is a mistake or whatever, they might refund you or in this case not take action. However, the content will still be accessible and forever on your account. I still haven't gotten word as to why I was given exactly 300 msp but i'll take them glady.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#393 kicking222

kicking222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

If you go to http://rewards.xbox.com/ it should show (200msp, btw) under either pending or awarded. http://twitpic.com/65cqjm/full

Edit: My points only showed up after I contacted Xbox support. Whether they had to do something or it was just a coincidence, I can't say. Be ready to tell them what dates the games were purchased.

I got the 200 points, but I absolutely did not purchase two games in July- I bought "Fancy Pants Adventures" when it was on sale for 400 (and I can't even remember if that was July or August), and that was it. I don't think this is related to any of the other points issues people are having (plus, the points are still in my account), so, hey, 200 free points are 200 free points!

#394 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:48 PM

I had a feeling they'd take them back but since I only have 200 points before they gave me little overa thousand decided to buy some stuff. Got the voltron outfit and sword for my avatar. They took the points back eventually that were left over from it.
I usually don't buy avatar outfits but I just want to walk around as Voltron in Keflings. Too bad I can't use the swords on them.

#395 Crazyglitcher

Crazyglitcher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:14 PM

Doing that would be just as bad as what they are apparently doing, and that's letting the (mostly, but not all) dishonest people who spent the points keep them...while punishing those who didn't.

You know, they could easily ban GT's for it, it's just basically a few mouse clicks...they could deduct XBL gold time...they could put people in the negative MSP...or they COULD just flat out bill people.

What should they do? Probably just give all those who had the points taken away a free XBLA game or maybe a couple months of Gold and just call it even.

But then all the people who didn't get points will complain as well, saying that's it not fair that they didn't jack at all, while those who got something and either didnt spend it or got some points taken away get even more things.

Now I'm not saying that this whole debacle is theft of any kind but an analogy would be like if someone stole something they wanted from a store, and then complaining or going to the store to demand an exchange because the item sucked.

Now technically MS can do whatever they want with the points, it's in the TOS one signs while making an account (there was a thread a while back for something that had a similar issue). So if they take back points leftover or other points to counterbalance the problem, it's infuriating yes, but you did sign the agreement.

And this is yet another reason why twitter will destroy the integrity of companies, one person messes up and the entire company deals with the backlash.

#396 EcchiBoi

EcchiBoi

Backlogged CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:08 AM

Someone else said it best earlier.

It's like when MS accidentally puts an avatar item or DLC as FREE.
The people who managed to find out and download it got to keep it. The people that didn't, well, too bad.

MS does nothing. Just corrects the pricing error.
They don't back-charge ppl's credit cards, ban gamertags, or deduct points. Nothing.

If you missed out, stop whining and deal with it.
My Backlog Discussion Thread, My XBL DLC Trade List, My PSN DLC Trade List

#397 Kia-Tiaph

Kia-Tiaph

Laser Orchestra Empress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

Seems like Microsoft changed their mind about the rewards glitch. My friend got a perma ban for Marketplace Theft last Friday. He is the most honest and nicest guy I know. And the only thing he is guilty of is being too naive thinking that those extra points he got through the rewards program were legit. Not everyone follows that stuff like we do here on CAG, so he spent the points. Now he got this email, which sounds exactly like the ban wave Microsoft started after people used the FIFA 10 glitch.

He already contacted the XBLPET but he only got a generic blah blah used fraudulent Microsoft Points statement. So now all his stuff, easily worth over $300, is gone. That's an awesome reward Microsoft. Makes me really glad I didn't join that program.

By the way neither the xbox Twitter support nor the phone support have the last say in it, only the XBLPET does.

Here is the email if you are interested:

Notification of Permanent Suspension: Marketplace theft

[ DO NOT REPLY to this email address. It is not monitored. ]
This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been permanently suspended due to marketplace theft.
The conduct that caused this suspension may include, but is not limited to:

• Duplication of item purchase history
  • Attempted Microsoft Points fraud
  • Illegitimate acquisition of redemption codes
Your conduct was brought to the attention of the LIVE Enforcement Team through complaints filed by other Xbox LIVE users or in the course of our operation of the service. The LIVE Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding your conduct and determined it violates the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because your conduct is in violation, the LIVE Enforcement Team has issued a permanent suspension.
During your suspension, you will not be able to log into Xbox LIVE. Your Xbox LIVE privileges will not be reinstated.
Customer Support is not able to modify or provide any further details about your suspension.
Microsoft expects that all customers abide by the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for appropriate behavior while using the service.
You can view the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct from the Xbox LIVE Dashboard under Xbox LIVE Policies in Account Management, or by visiting http://www.xbox.com/...deofconduct.htm.You can view the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use by visiting http://www.xbox.com/legal/livetou.htm.
Note: if you are not a user of Xbox LIVE, this suspension may have been enacted due to your activity in the Zune Social. You can view the Zune Social Code of Conduct by visiting http://www.zune.net/...deofconduct.htm. You can view the Zune Social Terms of Service by visiting http://www.zune.net/...msofservice.htm.
Thank you,

LIVE Enforcement Team

#398 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:36 PM

in order to do promos do you have to buy the dlc off xbox.com or can you do it through your console? This program is ass at the very least 78% of the time.

#399 Surreal_Sunshine

Surreal_Sunshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

in order to do promos do you have to buy the dlc off xbox.com or can you do it through your console? This program is ass at the very least 78% of the time.

You can buy it through xbox.com

#400 EcchiBoi

EcchiBoi

Backlogged CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

But of all the people who have spent the points, this is the first we've heard about someone getting banned. Seems like there's more to the story. Your friend did something he's not telling you about, otherwise, half the people in this thread would have gotten the same notice.

Xbox Live Policy Enforcement Team doesn't hand out bans liberally, as bans are irreversible.
My Backlog Discussion Thread, My XBL DLC Trade List, My PSN DLC Trade List

#401 Doctor Who

Doctor Who

Vworp Vworp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

Seems like Microsoft changed their mind about the rewards glitch. My friend got a perma ban for Marketplace Theft last Friday. He is the most honest and nicest guy I know. And the only thing he is guilty of is being too naive thinking that those extra points he got through the rewards program were legit. Not everyone follows that stuff like we do here on CAG, so he spent the points. Now he got this email, which sounds exactly like the ban wave Microsoft started after people used the FIFA 10 glitch.

He already contacted the XBLPET but he only got a generic blah blah used fraudulent Microsoft Points statement. So now all his stuff, easily worth over $300, is gone. That's an awesome reward Microsoft. Makes me really glad I didn't join that program.

By the way neither the xbox Twitter support nor the phone support have the last say in it, only the XBLPET does.

*Snip*

I guess this is your friend on the 'My Live account was suspended' forum since it is the only post since Friday (when they were banned) in relation to 'Marketplace Theft'.

Quite worrying for those who did use their points due to Microsoft's own mistake, if true. Although the post doesn't explicitly mention the Xbox Rewards fiasco, your friend isn't as honest as you say, XBLPET Lima said that (s)he modded their avatar.

Edited by Doctor Who, 22 August 2011 - 03:58 PM.
Typo

#402 Kia-Tiaph

Kia-Tiaph

Laser Orchestra Empress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

I guess this is your friend on the 'My Live account was suspended' forum since it is the only post since Friday (when they were banned) in relation to 'Marketplace Theft'.

Quite worrying for those who did use their points due to Microsoft's own mistake, if true. Although the post doesn't explicitly mention the Xbox Rewards fiasco, your friend isn't as honest as you say, XBLPET Lima said that (s)he modded their avatar.

Nope, that's not him. I think his mom would have a hard time contacting the XBLPET since she died a long time ago.

And if that avatar thing is reason enough to get suspended, half of all CAGs would have to worry to get banned for the countless Banshee / Carrot Mascot avatar exploit codes that are floating around everywhere.

Besides, it seems that forum is just a giant pillory to use offenders as a public warning to every other xbox live user.

Like bh47 already said, the banns seem to be irreversible and judging from the posts in that forum the XBLPET is untouchable.

#403 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

It seems very silly for Microsoft to ban a user for what was their fault.

#404 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepard of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

And if that avatar thing is reason enough to get suspended, half of all CAGs would have to worry to get banned for the countless Banshee / Carrot Mascot avatar exploit codes that are floating around everywhere.

That wouldn't be a reason to be suspended. From reading that link, he modded his avatar in someway. That's a big no no.

#405 Doctor Who

Doctor Who

Vworp Vworp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

Nope, that's not him. I think his mom would have a hard time contacting the XBLPET since she died a long time ago.

Then, from what I could see, there were no other posts relating 'Marketplace Theft' since Friday on the forum, which raises my scepticism.

Avatar modding is using an external program to change the colour of your avatar's skin, which is against the terms and services of Xbox Live. Using codes from legitimate sites that are freely giving avatar items, such as the Banshee and Carrot props, are not 'exploit codes' and are nothing to do with avatar modding.

#406 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

I love reading that forum.

"Why was my 10 year old son's account banned, I pay good money for this!"

"He had "(expletive) can eat (expletive) and (expletive) out of my (expletive) (expletive) (expletive) while I (expletive) your (expletive) family (expletive) (expletive) and you watch and send me 1600MSP," in his profile."

I was hit with the glitched points and I am not banned, so something else is up.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#407 FrogTheWarrior

FrogTheWarrior

Let's Rock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

That forum is full of great stuff. I think my personal favorite is the parent inquiring as to why his/her son was banned and then being told that it was because he exposed himself on UNO. Classic.

sig.gif

#408 yahoosale14

yahoosale14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

That forum is full of great stuff. I think my personal favorite is the parent inquiring as to why his/her son was banned and then being told that it was because he exposed himself on UNO. Classic.

link to story/thread?

@lude21
You're not a CAG, you're a shithead.

#409 berserker01

berserker01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

Thanks!

#410 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

link to story/thread?

http://www.strategyi...exposed-himself

:lol:

Another (better) link to the same story: http://www.neoseeker...ive-until-9999/

#411 Andami

Andami

Buy Because it's on Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

The people being banned for "Marketplace Theft" are not being banned because of the XBL Rewards fiasco. They are instead being banned for taking advantage of the "Non-Jtag" exploit where you would use a modified secondary account to play XBLA games and DLC for free.

#412 Doctor Who

Doctor Who

Vworp Vworp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:30 AM

The people being banned for "Marketplace Theft" are not being banned because of the XBL Rewards fiasco. They are instead being banned for taking advantage of the "Non-Jtag" exploit where you would use a modified secondary account to play XBLA games and DLC for free.

Ah, that would make sense.

Also, for those who want to check out fairly funny stuff from the Microsoft law enforcement team in regards to guilty people being banned, check out http://whywasibanned.com/, its good reading. :lol:

#413 Count Van Ghoul

Count Van Ghoul

Past The Mission

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:24 AM

Do you have a source for that?

I have a blog where I review (usually terrible) movies for your enjoyment.  Come check it out at http://aghoulversus.blogspot.com/

#414 Scholarly_Sam

Scholarly_Sam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:57 AM

Logged into the Rewards site and it gave an option to opt out...

Rewards for Sept. look terrible.

20 Survey
80 buy two avatar items
100 Netflix first activation
100 first purchase

#415 nypickle

nypickle

Orange and Blue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:58 AM

looks like the September offer is "Purchase any 2 Avatar items or more in September and get 80 Points back."

not useful to me but I'm sure people who buy avatar gear will appreciate it.

edit: I'm not as fast as Scholarly_Sam lol

#416 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:05 AM

So if I buy two avatar items that are 40 MSP, I essentially get them for free?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#417 Sepatown Tippie Tais

Sepatown Tippie Tais

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:19 AM

So if I buy two avatar items that are 40 MSP, I essentially get them for free?

If that works I might do it just to get my 60 pending points out.

#418 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:25 AM

Simplest monthly survery ever.

"Have you ever made a purchase on the marketplace?"

Uh..duh.

#419 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:33 AM

If that works I might do it just to get my 60 pending points out.

I don't see why anyone would not do this deal if this is the case. I'm sure I can find some sunglasses on the avatar marketplace or something. 8-)

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#420 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:53 AM

I purchased 1600 points worth of DLC in August, but the 160 points isn't showing up as pending for my account. Was this the case with anyone else?