Xbox Rewards Wiki

• Please log in to reply
1762 replies to this topic

#841 Stoic Person Eater

Stoic Person Eater

Murder City Pandas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Rewards don't happen instantly. You will likely have to wait until mid-May at the earliest to get your points.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear, I am very aware of the point distribution timelines and all of that obvious shit.

I was inquiring as to whether anyone who has completed the 3-Play tasks has had the 300 points register in their points pending list - as opposed to having to wait until the end of the month for XBL rewards to add the credit for 300 points to your account. For instance, when you take a survey for XBL points, it shows in your points pending list almost immediately. My question is if you have completed the 3-Play Promotion, does it show on your points pending list?

Thanks.

#842 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear, I am very aware of the point distribution timelines and all of that obvious shit.

I was inquiring as to whether anyone who has completed the 3-Play tasks has had the 300 points register in their points pending list - as opposed to having to wait until the end of the month for XBL rewards to add the credit for 300 points to your account. For instance, when you take a survey for XBL points, it shows in your points pending list almost immediately. My question is if you have completed the 3-Play Promotion, does it show on your points pending list?

Thanks.

Probably not immediately. The quiz is something small and computer generated (to an extent, you get my drift) while this program probably needs to be verified on certain levels. It likely applies all the same though, and you won't see anything until the end of the month/mid-May. lol

#843 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Thanks.

I have completed the tasks and nothing yet. Fwiw it is a legitimate question. For promos like these they sometimes credit the points once a task is completed. I have been wondering if they would credit upon completion for this promo as well. Guess we won't know until next month. Good strategy on their part. Been back to Facebook a few time to make sure it has run for at least an hour despite knowing it has.

#844 NoDAK

NoDAK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

They've said they'll tally our total usage at the end of the month. You won't see anything listed as pending until after then.

#845 tsigo

tsigo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

Does anyone know if, for the 10 hours of multiplayer gaming one, does it have to actually be something against/with other people, like Call of Duty, or can you play any game as long as you're online on Live?

#846 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:34 AM

Earned no points for March. They didn't even count the 20 point survey for some reason. Wondering if my Netflix watching and multiplayer gaming will actually get counted for April.

Stupid farce of a rewards program...

#847 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

Does anyone know if, for the 10 hours of multiplayer gaming one, does it have to actually be something against/with other people, like Call of Duty, or can you play any game as long as you're online on Live?

It's asking you for multiplayer gaming for a reason. Otherwise it would say "play single player for 10 hours"

#848 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

How about Dark Souls? Do only the minutes when someone else is invading your game count? Or only when you're human? Or every minute you're playing and not in "offline mode"?

For the "2 hours on a Kinect game", do you have to be using the Kinect sensor? Can you be playing Child of Eden with the normal controller, for example?

#849 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

If you haven’t had the chance to check out the latest entertainment apps on Xbox 360, now is a great time because Xbox is unlocking their Xbox LIVE subscription service from Thursday, April 19 through Monday, April 23 – no Xbox LIVE Gold membership required for this time. Through this special promotion, anybody with an Xbox will be able to use and enjoy all of the customized entertainment app experiences featured on the Xbox LIVE service.1

In addition: Hulu Plus2, Netflix3 and EPIX4 will also offer free trials to new users as part of this promotion to Xbox owners in the U.S. from Thursday, April 19 through Monday, April 23. So head on over to Xbox LIVE to watch your favorite TV shows and movies from Hulu Plus, Netflix and EPIX – no Xbox LIVE Gold membership or service subscriptions required.

List of apps that are unlocked by region will vary, so check your Xbox 360 dashboard in your region for specific details. For example, here is a list of apps that will be unlocked in the U.S.:
• CinemaNow
• Crackle
• Dailymotion
• EPIX4
• ESPN
• HBO GO
• Hulu Plus2
• iHeartRadio
• Last.fm
• MSN
• Netflix3
• Syfy
• TMZ
• TODAY
• UFC
• Verizon
• VEVO
• Vudu
• Xfinity TV on Demand
• YouTube

For a full list of worldwide apps unlocked1 for this promotion and for more information, please visit www.xbox.com/EntertainmentUnlocked.

http://majornelson.c...-apps-unlocked/

So, it seems possible to fulfill the Triple Play promotion without a Gold account?

#850 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

How about Dark Souls? Do only the minutes when someone else is invading your game count? Or only when you're human? Or every minute you're playing and not in "offline mode"?

For the "2 hours on a Kinect game", do you have to be using the Kinect sensor? Can you be playing Child of Eden with the normal controller, for example?

Yeah, I was actual going to ask that question myself, but Xbox's support on Twitter already had an answer for it. Said that for the 2hours of Kinect, it had to be on a game listed here
http://marketplace.x...nre=3028&page=1

So sadly, any "better with kinect" games won't count if you're using the Kinect with'em. You're need to use a Kinect specific title. Shouldn't be that bad though. I don't have a Kinect, but I did get a few of those Fun Labs since they were free. Wonder if I could start one up and keep it on for two hours-ish to see if that would complete it.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#851 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

Ah, cheers. I was sure the main Triple Play details page linked here (I'd "triple"-check now, but "Our servers are currently unavailable due to maintenance or high volume. Please try back later." - nice to see my Gold dollars at work), which of course has this as a sub-page.

They made an interesting choice to use such an unclear link instead of a specific one like the one you just provided, RabbitSuit. And by "interesting" I mean... ahem... how can I express both my disdain and distaste while remaining polite.... "stupid". (I hope that no children are reading this awfully strong reaction)

#852 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

If anyone else is absolutely lost trying to register for the Xbox Live Rewards "Rush for Gold" Sweepstakes they're holding, the form is here: http://rewards.xbox....-gold/register/. I got the email today but ended up googling the page since it wasn't any of the links they gave.

According the fine print here you can buy OR redeem subscription time to grab extra entries. I guess all of those 12mo. cards I have lying around are going to end up being redeemed after all.

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#853 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

I'm guessing there isn't a way to keep track of how many hours you have spent, will I know if I will get the points after April or when I finish everything?

Thanks

Edit: Nevermind found the answer.

#854 Jay

Jay

Free and Fearless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

Anyone know how to fix a glitch where your stats don't update its been about a month and it still says check back in a week to see your stats.

#855 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

Ok, I'm trying to nail down the 10 hours of media thing. I went with I heart radio but after an hour a box comes up and says "we noticed that you have been idle over an hour."

Is this still counting time bc the app is open or should I use something else for those hours if im just doing it while I sleep?

#856 Leggy Peggy

Leggy Peggy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

Can you use HBO Go? Just watch five movies while you sleep.

#857 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:01 AM

No, I don't have HBO or netflix ast this time.

#858 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:38 AM

Ok, I'm trying to nail down the 10 hours of media thing. I went with I heart radio but after an hour a box comes up and says "we noticed that you have been idle over an hour."

Is this still counting time bc the app is open or should I use something else for those hours if im just doing it while I sleep?

You should watch some TMZ, its actually pretty entertaining with their 45 minute episodes.

#859 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Anyone know how to fix a glitch where your stats don't update its been about a month and it still says check back in a week to see your stats.

If it's any consolation, they only update them once a month, on what seems to be a specific (secret) schedule. So if you're waiting for your initial stats to pop-up, you may not have been a member for long enough while also hitting a full month's use before the next site refresh.

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#860 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

What I've done is this:

Be Entertained.
Crackle- pretty easy to get 10 hours here. The app will continue to play with the Television and controller off. I actually queued up the Starship Troopers animated TV show and let it run. I then filled out some time with random one off movies.

Be Social.
You Tube- I ran the Gaming Channel. The first time I did this I had buffering problems, and I'm not sure how that time is counted, so I did it again this weekend and easily got 1 hour in.

Game On.
Okay. This is where I'm a little concerned.
I got 5 hours in playing Team Fortress 2. Easy to jump in and out of in case you don't have a ton of time to devote to your gaming session. No problems.

The problem is my other 5 hours came from playing Halo 2 for Vista multiplayer. Only now am I wondering if multiplayer games on GFWL is counted the same as games right off the x360. Anyone have any ideas? I'm running out of time to get those 5 additional hours if this doesn't count.

#861 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

Just got my answer on Twitter:

Xbox LIVE Rewards @XboxLIVErewards
22m
@Ikejames101 Apologies, GFWL do not count toward the multiplayer hours.

Well, SHIT.

#862 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

1 more day to do the reward requirements :P
Posted Image

#863 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Think I got them all.

Bought 2000 points worth of games/add on content.
Like 4 hours of youtube
About 11 hours of HBOGO

#864 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

I spent yesterday watching the first season of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine through Netflix so that should meet requirement #2. I played Kinect Sports for #1 and watched Youtube for #3 so I really only spent an hour on this promotion since I would have done Kinect and Netflix anyway.

#865 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

http://forums.xbox.c...74/1258343.aspx

Points will show as pending on May 1.

#866 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

10 Hours of Multiplayer- Done

10 Hours of Video- Done- Watched Dilbert the cartoon on Crackle, left on Xbox and turned off TV and went to the library, came back 8 hours later and that time counts.

1 Hour Youtube- Done- Listened to some full Pink Floyd Albums

#867 shinn

shinn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

whats a library?
serious

#868 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

Spent more than 800 MSP on games and played more than 10 hours of online so I have that down. Just did 6 hours of hbo along with my game of thrones episodes last week. I think I got an hour of YouTube but I'll mess around with it tomorrow. Hope I get that 300 MSP

#869 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

It's probably a good idea to go one hour over the requirements. I'm not sure if it counts the time of the app loading screen, so better to be safe than sorry. The apps can take about 5+ minutes to load or buffer on my 360 sometimes, so 10 sessions might knock 50 minutes off my calculated total.

I'm going to be upset if I don't get my bonus points after doing an extra 3 hours of requirements.

#870 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

I'm pretty sure I have the requirements.
I'm damn sure I have more than 10 hours online this month since I've been playing ME3/Gears 3/Reach multi all month long.
Spent all weekend trying to build up my 10 hours of video. Watched Thor, Captain America, Seth MacFarlane thing on EpixHD and watched a bunch of TV shows and anime on Hulu Plus and Crackle. I think I'm good but it'd be nice to see your actual number somewhere. This is ironic since I cancelled my Netflix account after finding myself watching more than I would play on my 360.
Got the youtube hour req done on Saturday, ran through the Youtube Trends, so many good videos (esp loved Free Riding in Rio, The Video Game Rock Medley), I was probably watching that for a couple of hours at least.

Edited by Spybreak8, 30 April 2012 - 02:03 PM.
stuff

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378