Xbox Rewards Wiki

• Please log in to reply
1762 replies to this topic

#991 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

TOMORROW, we start 2 weeks of Twitter Trivia for US/UK/CA members! You could win Avatar items, Points, and more! Rules: http://buff.ly/OUfS0t

#992 nypickle

nypickle

Orange and Blue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:12 AM

the prizes kind of suck because they put such a low limit on these digital prizes.

6. Prizes:
TWENTY-FIVE (25) FIRST PRIZES: One (1) month Xbox LIVE Gold membership. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $9.99 USD. (Twelve (12) for Weekly Entry Period 1, thirteen (13) for Weekly Entry Period 2).
TWENTY-FIVE (25) SECOND PRIZES: adidas Tracksuit Avatar Outfit. ARV: $6 USD. (Thirteen (13) for Weekly Entry Period 1 and twelve (12) for Weekly Entry Period 2).
TWENTY-FIVE (25) THIRD PRIZES: Black Ninja Avatar Costume. ARV: $8 USD. (Twelve (12) for Weekly Entry Period 1 and thirteen (13) for Weekly Entry Period 2).
TWENTY-FIVE (25) FOURTH PRIZES: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Avatar t-Shirt. ARV: $8 USD. (Thirteen (13) for Weekly Entry Period 1 and twelve (12) for Weekly Entry Period 2).
FIFTY (50) FIFTH PRIZES: 80 Microsoft Points. ARV: $1 USD. (Twenty-five (25) for each Weekly Entry Period).
FIFTY (50) SIXTH PRIZES: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Avatar hat. ARV: $1 USD. (Twenty-five (25) for each Weekly Entry Period).

#993 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

Damn someone won a jeep according to the front page of xbox rewards. Good luck to him when the government charges him taxes on the jeep he won.

You sell the jeep, pay the taxes and keep the rest of the cash. This is what you do unless you were really in the market for a jeep. You might even be able to do this without ever actually driving it off the lot.

You only pay taxes on fair market value when you actually take possession of the car. So you won't get screwed when receiving a $20,000 car that is worth $16,000 by the time you actually get it.

And the actual taxes you pay depend on your tax bracket.

#994 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:19 AM

^ DAYUUUMMMM

Got sent a 160 ms point code but it said invalid and it didn't work. =]

#995 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:06 AM

#Teaser alert! Who's excited for @spidermanmovie? We are, and we're celebrating with a new offer coming very soon…

I hope that isn't a preview of the offer for next month since The Amazing Spiderman opens July 3rd. I'm guessing some kind of rebate on Spiderman avatar items or movies.

#996 mikon

mikon

北斗百裂拳

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

Same here. Anyone know how to fix this? Are these legit emails?

#997 LondonGaijin

LondonGaijin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

What email is this, any more information? Subject, text body, etc...

As for fixing the problem, if it is a legit email from Microsoft, just get in touch with them.

Also Trading:
>>>

Spoiler
<<<

#998 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

^ DAYUUUMMMM

Copy and paste it better. It may sound weird, but there is a certain way you have to paste the code in order for it to work correctly.

That was the problem I had before and got around to fix it.

Hope that helps.

#999 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

No it just an email they sent me that says invalid code where the code should be. I contacted MS they said they could do nothing about it

#1000 mikon

mikon

北斗百裂拳

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

No it just an email they sent me that says invalid code where the code should be. I contacted MS they said they could do nothing about it

Check your email again and refresh the link page. I had the same problem, but my code is showing up now.

#1001 vherub

vherub

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

looks like achievements might finally matter:

#1002 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

Buy any eligible Spider-Man content from Zune Video and get up to $10 toward a movie ticket to see The Amazing Spider-Man™! Or, get a coupon for $5 toward a concession purchase. It's your choice! You must be an Xbox LIVE Rewards member to redeem this offer, so now's the time to join for free if you haven't already!

And if you complete your purchase by June 30th, you will receive your code to redeem your coupon on or around July 2nd, the day before The Amazing Spider-Man™ is released in theaters!

Click below to get started!
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
If purchase is processed on or prior to 6/30, you will receive an e-mail containing your promotional code on or around 7/2. If purchase is processed post 6/30 and on or prior to 7/9, you will receive an e-mail containing your promotional code on or around 7/11.

For Terms & Conditions, click here. Still have questions?
Visit our FAQs for more information.

http://rewards.xbox....ing-spider-man/

#1003 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

http://rewards.xbox....ing-spider-man/

Ha I would never spend that much MSP or money for those old spiderman movies. They get played on FX atleast once a week. If you really want to save money on a ticket, buy frosted flakes.

#1004 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

if the movies were like 800 I'd consider it, just 'cause I'll probably spend $10 to go see the new one, so it'd be like getting one free. But paying around $7 extra is a complete ripoff

#1005 Saiyan

Saiyan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:30 AM

if the movies were like 800 I'd consider it, just 'cause I'll probably spend $10 to go see the new one, so it'd be like getting one free. But paying around $7 extra is a complete ripoff

I planed on just buying a $10 SD copy with my massive amount of unused MSP, but then I luckily clicked on the terms that say:

3. How to Receive Offer: During the Offer Period, visit http://www.zune.net and purchase one (1) of the three (3) eligible movies in HD video format only (each an "Eligible Movie") from Zune Video.

I'm still considering it since I've been waiting months for a decent DotW and I don't know if Bing points actually expire.

#1006 tmw214

tmw214

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

Check your balance if you have MSP coming to you...

Earn Amazon Gift Cards and more just for searching and watching videos
Posted Image

#1007 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

has anyone experienced this?

I entered a rewards contest to try to win the star wars console by submitting a video. My video entry was accepted and they said I'd get a VIP reward. Then when the final results came out, I didn't see any type of VIP reward. Other people with accepted entries got 400 MS points.

then I see this in my bonus rewards:

06/13/2012 VIP Exclusives loxl 400 Microsoft Points 0

What does this mean? I didn't get the 400 MS points like a lot of other people with video entries got.

#1008 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:34 AM

July survey and offer is up:
Get 200 Microsoft Points back when you spend 800 Microsoft Points or more on any eligible Superhero Movies, Game Add-ons, or Avatar Items in July!*

Not too bad, hopefully there's a sale on add-ons during the month.

*edit
Though it looks like the survey is broken and the link for the offer really doesn't help on what MS considers eligible (though I don't think it'd be that difficult to determine what is).

Edited by Sway, 01 July 2012 - 06:07 AM.

#1009 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

July survey and offer is up:
Get 200 Microsoft Points back when you spend 800 Microsoft Points or more on any eligible Superhero Movies, Game Add-ons, or Avatar Items in July!*

Not too bad, hopefully there's a sale on add-ons during the month.

*edit
Though it looks like the survey is broken and the link for the offer really doesn't help on what MS considers eligible (though I don't think it'd be that difficult to determine what is).

Thanks ... just refreshed the OP with this & the Spider-Man offer.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#1010 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

Damn tho if u wanted the Spider Man offer you almost should have gotten the blu rays for 9.99 at BB.

The 200 pts back wouldnt be bad since i wanted Harley Quinns Revenge.

#1011 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

Damn tho if u wanted the Spider Man offer you almost should have gotten the blu rays for 9.99 at BB.

The 200 pts back wouldnt be bad since i wanted Harley Quinns Revenge.

I completely forgot about Harley Quinn, that's not a bad idea with the rebate.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1012 Cheapskate

Cheapskate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

If only Gotham City Imposters counted...

#1013 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:07 PM

DAMMIT, I hit F5 just as I was going to post ... will have this up later when I can justify the 30min again to add links! :-(

Recommended superhero game DLC or avatar clothing (screw the props) that will "probably" qualify until Microsoft generates the official list ...
Captain America:
  • Captain America Collection for Marvel Super Hero Squad
  • ... and the Captain America table for Pinball FX2 doesn't seem to qualify.

Spider-Man:
  • New Goblin DLC for Spider-Man 3
  • Cosmic DLC for Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
  • Evil Twin pack for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 ... though you should consider the "Value Pack"

Batman:
  • Anything from Batman: Arkham City ... recommend the Gotham Pack & Harley's Revenge
  • Anything from Batman: Arkham Asylum ... recommend the 3 challenge map packs ONLY IF you don't have the GOTY edition
  • Anything that's a Batman avatar clothing item ... again, screw the props.

Superman:
  • not a single DLC item qualifies. :-(

Iron-Man:
(see multi-character list below)

Multi-character:
  • Marvel: Avengers Chronicles table for Pinball FX2 (Iron Man, Captain America)
  • Marvel Pinball table for Pinball FX 2 (Iron Man, Spider-Man)
  • Value Pack DLC for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Spider-Man's Evil Twin, etc)
  • Costume Pack DLC for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 ... also works in UMvC3! (Iron Man, Captain America)

Remember, don't assume that even though a game includes one of those 5 characters that it will qualify ... remember we're dealing with an outsourced Marketing vendor that generates these lists, not actual game-players. They're as interested in your game-playing as they are about Kraft "low-cal" margarine, IHOP coupons, Oreck vaccums, AOL (smirk!), and this fall's GAP clothing styles. Don't count on them to understand Marvel Universe distinctions like the vast differences between Sam Raimi's & Marc Webb's interpretations of Spider-Man.

Edited by Cornelius, 27 July 2012 - 09:04 AM.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#1014 thereefernander

thereefernander

CAG Best Buy Employee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

Does anyone know if Harley Quinns Revenge will qualify for the Super hero reward?
dexterq.png
Signature created by Audacious.
616464.png

#1015 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:58 AM

I finally got 100 points racked up for a deposit, bringing my grand total for 2.5 years of being a rewards member, 6 years of being a Live Gold subscriber, and spending close to $5,000 on all things Xbox over that time, to 1440 points. What a crapshoot.

I could get a better deal from the worst credit card rewards program out there. Even at a meager 5% cash back, I'd of banked a cool $250 by now.

Worst rewards program ever!

#1016 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

I finally got 100 points racked up for a deposit, bringing my grand total for 2.5 years of being a rewards member, 6 years of being a Live Gold subscriber, and spending close to $5,000 on all things Xbox over that time, to 1440 points. What a crapshoot.

I could get a better deal from the worst credit card rewards program out there. Even at a meager 5% cash back, I'd of banked a cool $250 by now.

Worst rewards program ever!

You literally don't have to go out of your way to earn points. I'd hardly call that the worst reward program ever.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1017 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

You literally don't have to go out of your way to earn points. I'd hardly call that the worst reward program ever.

That wasn't my point. My point was that Microsoft's view of a "reward" is much less than what other businesses' view of a reward is. Steam has great sales all the time. PSN gives out free retail games. Even Nintendo gives out freebies to loyal members.

The last "free" game Microsoft gave out was Yaris, and that was a paid promotion from Toyota, and was voted one of the worst arcade games ever.

The freebie items they give out are even worse: skin packs for avatars that are often ugly or stupid, promotional themes or gamer pics to further plaster our paid for dashboards with even more advertising, and a DLC pack once in a while, which even those are promotional: case in point: the upcoming "Summer of Arcade" 5 skin pack for Minecraft on the 18th.

Microsoft rarely has a sale worth the crap on games, (just look at the DOTW thread), and they charge for content that other places give out for free.

Microsoft also gives better stuff, (free arcade games and MS points), to silver and new members, practically slapping the loyal Gold members in the face.

So, you tell me, what's so rewarding about Microsoft?

#1018 gravel

gravel

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

If you watch and share some Gears video on Facebook, you can get goggles for your avatar! Who's rewarding who now?
/sarcasm

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Diablo III, Skylanders Swap Force, The Puppeteer
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway

#1019 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:15 AM

If you watch and share some Gears video on Facebook, you can get goggles for your avatar! Who's rewarding who now?
/sarcasm

You need some sort of goggles, (beer ones), to see that being a deal.

#1020 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

So, you tell me, what's so rewarding about Microsoft?

The issue is you've been gold for 6 years and have given $5k+ to MS. They clearly don't need to deliver more than they have to you because you've given MS ample evidence that you're willing to pay for their products with very little in the way of extras or bonuses.

You have to turn the question around, if you're unsatisfied with XBL and the various rewards, why do you keep giving them money? I totally agree that PSN and Steam deliver much better value. Yet if MS gets away with giving less for more, it makes some amount of business sense to stay with their current strategies.