Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Xbox Rewards Wiki

• Please log in to reply
1762 replies to this topic

#1081 vamn

vamn

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Rock Band Blitz and Deadblock do NOT count. I think some people are getting confused with it saying "confirmed" as not eligible. Only the games under the first list in green count.

I was confused by that, too. The final list just says "confirmed" and nothing else like the green list, whereas the red list says "confirmed as ineligible"

uKeETz5.jpgvamn.png

#1082 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Edited the OP to hopefully make it less confusing

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#1083 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Wait, so Deadblock counts according to the first page? I'm on the fence about buying that on sale and probably will. But if I buy that I may considering grabbing some pinball tables too. Has anyone seen the post confirming deadblock (and hopefully the DLC too). If not, I might make a new thread myself in the rewards forum.

Oops, I included "Dead Block" in the upper section? Sorry about that.

Also didn't think saying "confirmed as ineligible" was confusing, since that essentially means that Xbox Rewards Support has specifically said they're not eligible.

Oh well, hope the list is still helping folks out!

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#1084 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

Edited the OP to hopefully make it less confusing

Added a 3rd category for items where Xbox Rewards Support talks about the purchase, but don't give a specific answer one way or the other. One example of this is the "EA Sports Season Ticket", where the app is free ... but the points you spend are via in-app purchases, which Support says they can't track.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#1085 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

Got Pinball Arcade and the Kinect Sports Season 2 DLC (season pass) respectively. I'll check later today if I get those pending points.

#1086 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

Does Wrestlefest count toward the promo, and will it actually be out on time? I am guessing the answer is NO since the other WWE games don't count, since it's "sports entertainment" and not simply "sports".

#1087 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

Does Wrestlefest count toward the promo, and will it actually be out on time? I am guessing the answer is NO since the other WWE games don't count, since it's "sports entertainment" and not simply "sports".

go to the rewards forum and ask. and do it ASAP. the rewards team replies semi-quickly. i got my reply to Kinect Sports Season 2 in a couple of days.

#1088 mikeja72

mikeja72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

I really don't get why Joy Ride Turbo counts as sports but Hydro Thunder Hurricane doesn't seem to. I missed the sales they've had and would pick it up today if it was.

#1089 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

I really don't get why Joy Ride Turbo counts as sports but Hydro Thunder Hurricane doesn't seem to. I missed the sales they've had and would pick it up today if it was.

because a lot of people think car racing is a sport (IndyCar, NASCAR, F1, etc.). boat racing... not so much.

don't shoot the messenger. I don't think car racing is a sport either. it's someone who's better at turning a wheel and controlling pedals than another person.

but yeah, some weird choices. Pinball! FTW!

#1090 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

alright, I'm done for this reward.

I picked up a couple of pinball packs for Pinball Arcade for 800 points. I picked up Kinect Sports Season Two Basketball challenge for 200 points. And then I picked up Tecmo Bowl Throwback for 800 because it's fun, simple, and has never been on sale.

now gimme back the 240!!! :p

#1091 auxtek

auxtek

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

Add Fight Night Champion to the list. On sale as of today for 1600 points, not sure for how long.

http://forums.xbox.c...30.aspx#1677830

#1092 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

I've bought 3 of the Pinball Hall of Fame DLC packs (newest one Monster Bash/Gorgar came out on Tuesday people!!), that's 1200 points right there so if I get the Pinball FX2 Marvel Avengers DLC 4 pack of tables at 800 points I'm all set then?

Still hard to believe these are considered "sports games" but I'll take the points!

#1093 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

yep, the pinball tables count. i wish i had the 3 pinball arcade packs count for me for 1200. but I was so excited to get the first pack, I bought it at 11:50 pm July 31. then I found out about the august promotion...

Edited by dirtyvu, 01 September 2012 - 01:26 AM.

#1094 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Picked up Golf: Tee It Up! and 3D Ultra Minigolf to round out my 1600msp (also bought MLB Bobblehead Pros earlier in the month)

#1095 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

Added the following to our list, in this last-minute rush to assist folks in the forums:
  • Burnout Paradise
  • Burnout Revenge
  • Fight Night CHAMPION
  • Madden NFL 12 GoD (but not the Ultimate Team in-app purchase)
  • Madden NFL 10's Ultimate Team DLC

And these titles didn't meet the bar:
  • Split Second ... Cornelius rolls his eyes from Rewards' ignorance :-(
  • COD Black Ops' Rezurrection map ... Cornelius is rolling on the floor laughing out loud :lol:

70109.png

#1096 yars2010

yars2010

Fire Zorlon Cannon !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

Are you guys seeing your points pending yet? When should I see my points as pending? Ive read within 96 hrs and at the end of the month. I bought SSX Mt eddie and THPS a week ago and dont see anything yet. Im hoping they show after the month ends.

Edited by Cody2010, 31 August 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#1097 mrmagoo1974

mrmagoo1974

I'm a C A G and I'm PROUD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

yep, the pinball tables count. i wish i had the 3 pinball arcade packs count for me for 1200. but I was so excited to get the first pack, I bought it at 11:50 am July 31. then I found out about the august promotion...

Really stupid question here, but do any and ALL pinball fx2 tables or packs count? In the list on page one it only lists specific ones. Thanks

#1098 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

Really stupid question here, but do any and ALL pinball fx2 tables or packs count? In the list on page one it only lists specific ones. Thanks

well, i'm not the one to be asked the question as I don't work for the rewards department. :)

it's too late now but the question should be asked in the official rewards forum. usually they reply within a couple of days at most.

now that you just have a few hours left, it's up to you to take the gamble. If I was making the bet, I would assume it's any and all of the FX2 tables as being part of the deal.

#1099 mrmagoo1974

mrmagoo1974

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:19 AM

well, i'm not the one to be asked the question as I don't work for the rewards department. :)

it's too late now but the question should be asked in the official rewards forum. usually they reply within a couple of days at most.

now that you just have a few hours left, it's up to you to take the gamble. If I was making the bet, I would assume it's any and all of the FX2 tables as being part of the deal.

Thats what i assumed as well. Part of me just wants to run wild and buy a ton of fx2 tables, but just to be on the safe side, i think i am going to buy nfl blitz for 1200 then do what i can using the tables ONLY listed on this thread to buy a table to make up the rest of the 1600.

#1100 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:31 AM

Thats what i assumed as well. Part of me just wants to run wild and buy a ton of fx2 tables, but just to be on the safe side, i think i am going to buy nfl blitz for 1200 then do what i can using the tables ONLY listed on this thread to buy a table to make up the rest of the 1600.

It's probably too late to try for the promotion. Their months usually change over based on GMT or UTC, which rolled over to September a couple hours ago.

#1101 mrmagoo1974

mrmagoo1974

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:02 AM

It's probably too late to try for the promotion. Their months usually change over based on GMT or UTC, which rolled over to September a couple hours ago.

Really? I didnt know that. I JUST downloaded NFL Blitz and the "classic" pack for pinball fx2 :)

#1102 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

I hope you get it, but a couple of us have been burned on the timing of the month rollover before. If we can get a confirmation on the time, it should probably be added to the FAQ in the first post.

Q: When does a Rewards month end?
A: Either midnight GMT or UTC, which is 7pm or 8pm Eastern time. To take advantage of a monthly offer, try to make your purchases before 6pm Eastern on the last of the month.

Looks like the September promo has been posted on their FAQ, though the main page hasn't updated yet.

During the month of September, use any sports app for 10 hours or more and earn 100 Microsoft Points. App must be used between September 1, 2012 and September 30, 2012. To check if an item qualifies for this offer, please make a new post in our support forums.

Part of me was actually hoping for an avatar related promo, because I'd really like the Fall of Cybertron Grimlock and Laserbeak pets. But I should be able to qualify for September with MLB.tv.

#1103 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:29 AM

I was hoping it was GoD based, since im gonna buy Bully tomorrow.

#1104 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:41 AM

I'm confused on the september sports app thing. Is that a video app like ESPN, MLB.tv, etc.? or will playing a sports game count as a sports app? and is it 10 hours total (e.g., 7 hours ESPN, 3 hours MLB.tv) or 10 hours in a particular app?

#1105 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

New survey is up, it asks about your sports watching habits (which sports, what devices you watch them on, how frequently).

I'm confused on the september sports app thing. Is that a video app like ESPN, MLB.tv, etc.? or will playing a sports game count as a sports app? and is it 10 hours total (e.g., 7 hours ESPN, 3 hours MLB.tv) or 10 hours in a particular app?

I'd be surprised if games count, but you can ask on their forums. The linked FAQ says 10 hours total across multiple apps counts.

I've updated the OP with the September offer plus an offer for new Rewards members who sign up through a PAX Prime promotion. I kept the August info there in a spoiler tag.

#1106 yamayama

yamayama

• • Professional Beta Tester • • (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

Thanks for the update. Easy 120 MS Points!

8-)

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#1107 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

I cannot understand why they would want us to ask on their forums what is eligible instead of just providing a list, especially this month. As far as sports apps goes, I think safe bets are ESPN, MLB.tv, and UFC.

#1108 clearM3

clearM3

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

judging from the survey, it seems like the ESPN app, UFC app and MLB.TV app

I would have to say it's 10 hours total from all 3 mixed. I doubt it would be 10 from just one app.

My question is for anyone with mlb.tv, do they offer like 1 free game for non members??? I never bothered to install that app

#1109 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

yeah, you get the random free game with the MLB.tv app. it's a very slick app. but it's baseball and highlights are enough for me with regards to baseball.

now if the NFL had a slick app like that, I'd jump on it.

#1110 Sanges99

Sanges99

And Ya Know That's Right

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

I cannot understand why they would want us to ask on their forums what is eligible instead of just providing a list, especially this month. As far as sports apps goes, I think safe bets are ESPN, MLB.tv, and UFC.

I 'mildly' bitched on their twitter--to no avail:

@XboxLiveRewards:
"Want Points back in August? If you're going to spend 1,600+ on sports games & game add-ons, we'll give you 240 back!"

Me:
"It would be great to actually have a LIST, @XboxLIVErewards, what happened to the good ol' days of XBL Rewards?!"

@XboxLiveRewards:
"@SangestheLurker Unfortunately, we are no longer allowed to post a list."

@XboxLiveRewards:
"@SangestheLurker To doublecheck eligibility, please check with the Xbox LIVE Rewards Squad on the support forums!"

and then, just because it seemed so obvious and silly to point it out: (and because I was feeling like a snarky shit I suppose)
"@XboxLIVErewards I've seen this, but there needs to be a "firstcheck" list of eligibility foremost; this itemized inquiry stuff is nuts."

I'd like to think that, if enough of us made a commotion, it might get noticed... but then there's no saying they'd actually do anything about it.
25u01gl.gif

!!! CAG DISTRESS SIGNAL !!!
Fellow CAGs hear my desperate plea! I started a GoFundMe to help cover emergency vet bills,
please see
the link for details. Even donating a dollar would be a help to pay my massive debt.