Xbox Rewards Wiki

• Please log in to reply
1762 replies to this topic

#1201 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Costume Quest is not eligible? What the hell? lol (I already got the game and DLC long ago but still...it's Halloween themed...there couldn't be any better game, right? lol

#1202 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Costume Quest is not eligible? What the hell? lol (I already got the game and DLC long ago but still...it's Halloween themed...there couldn't be any better game, right? lol

The theme is Horror, not halloween. Costume Quest is sweet and charming, complete opposing end of the spectrum. It was just a longshot we had hoped to see slide courtesy of the reward teams odd qualifications. (i.e. Pinball tables for the sport month)

Splatterhouse is the one that should easily fit but doesn't. :cry:

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#1203 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

The theme is Horror, not halloween. Costume Quest is sweet and charming, complete opposing end of the spectrum. It was just a longshot we had hoped to see slide courtesy of the reward teams odd qualifications. (i.e. Pinball tables for the sport month)

I know but still there's an unbreakable bond between Horror and Halloween...right? .__. (at least in my head xp) *sigh* haven't found anything yet I could spend points on because already own the most eligble content lol

#1204 w00dm4n

w00dm4n

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Games on Deman Ghostbusters doesnt count?

#1205 Sanges99

Sanges99

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

I have purchased TWD epi 2, 3, and 4 now... so that puts me at 1200... I might just bite on the dead rising games. Any suggestions from fellow CAGs out there?

As a jilted fan of the first DR (idea was pretty revolutionary at the time, but damnit those survivors were wet blankets), I really dug the XBLA game DEAD RISING: CASE ZERO. It's a prequel to the full retail sequel, Dead Rising 2, and a really good taste of the modded engine from the first one. The big draw is that you get to carryover some of your XP as well as your outfit and weapon combo cards into DR2 via gamesave. If you play it straight-on, no-turning-back, no-redo style, you'll get about 2 hours out of it. I went for 100% cheevos and boosted my character to the max and got about 8 hours, if not more. Well worth it, if you ask me.

Posted Image

#1206 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

Wonder if Catherine would count? :)

#1207 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

Wonder if Catherine would count? :)

Relationships are pretty horror-ish, aren't they? :razz:

I saw next week Zombie Driver HD comes out, so figured I'd go and ask about that.

card.png

#1208 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Anyone have any opinions or input on XBLIG's Decay Series who have played it?

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#1209 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

Finally decided to bite on The Walking Dead, since getting all 4 episodes would net me the rebate. I was planning to wait until they offered some package deal for all the episodes, but I've heard such good things, I couldn't wait any longer.

#1210 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Relationships are pretty horror-ish, aren't they? :razz:

I saw next week Zombie Driver HD comes out, so figured I'd go and ask about that.

hey the first cutscene, all the afro lady talks about is horror and other nonsense. Game is cool and a def. buy at $20

#1211 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hey guys is ther any way to get 20 MS points (without doing the surveys since those only cash in once you have 100) that's all I need to get a name change.

#1212 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Hey guys is ther any way to get 20 MS points (without doing the surveys since those only cash in once you have 100) that's all I need to get a name change.

no. do bing. fastest way to get 100 msp, or change your birthday to 10/13 and hope microsoft gives you 20 msp for your birthday from that new "program".

#1213 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

Reminder, the VP debate is tonight, if you're aiming to earn the Halo avatar armor! :D

Someone posted a HUGE wish-list of some good "fringe" items over in the forums. :-)

I already responded that he should trim out some of the "known" items from our thread, but I'll definitely be merging in the other items into the "maybe" or "maybe not" sections whenever I get to it. Here's his original list ...

Update ... done ... check the OP for latest updates.

Edited by Cornelius, 12 October 2012 - 04:18 AM.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#1214 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

no. do bing. fastest way to get 100 msp, or change your birthday to 10/13 and hope microsoft gives you 20 msp for your birthday from that new "program".

Agreed ... with Bing Rewards, you'll have the points within 7 days. However, I didn't think you could change your birthday, since it's hooked into both the ratings system, as well as the billing system, and those are closely monitored to avoid having minors accessing mature/unrated content.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#1215 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

is there a script or tool that will do the daily bing searches for you (for mac)?

#1216 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

is there a script or tool that will do the daily bing searches for you (for mac)?

I'm happy to give Bing about 60 seconds of my time, thus improving the odds I won't get kicked out, since I'm logged in with a real account that I use every day. Here's my steps that are 100% compliant to their rules:
  • You obviously won't use IE for any REAL browsing, so go ahead and use IE for "bing" Rewards. I also keep it the default search engine, so they don't keep interrupt my searches.
  • Obviously install the Bing Bar, since this will tell you when the next crop of searches can be done.
  • Click on the reward star, and cash in the "1 point" offers.
  • Go to Bing's homepage (click on the big "bing" logo), and click on the left-most "square" on the pic-of-the-day.
  • Click on "Web" if it's not already the active "tab" at the top for the search item.
  • When the results come up, there will be 10 related searches to the far right. With your mouse, middle-click on all but the last item to open new tabs for each of those related searches.
  • On the last item, click on it to refresh the current tab ... and middle-click the new group of related searches.
  • If you're not presented with a list of related searches, close that tab, because you have 30-50 other tabs with other related searches to click. :D
  • Once you've given Bing the required number (for me, I'm currently getting 1 point per 2 searches), shut down IE, and move on with your life.
It takes only 5 or so pages of "related searches" to fill up all 15 points they'll give me. Each page takes about 5 seconds. Therefore, I never spend more than 60 seconds doing this, with the only part sucking is "as long as I remember to do it".

Others have macro'ized solutions, but this works fine for me.

70109.png

#1217 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

Thanks for the bing info, I'm gonna try and do that

#1218 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

Despite the OP listing The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai as a non-qualifier, I thought I saw on the forums that it did apply to the reward offer. Just saying the OP may have this title listed incorrectly. I changed the OP to show The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai as eligible based on this link

Nobody has a stranglehold on the OP, and honestly, if it's in the "definitely not" section, then I really did see the Xbox Rewards staff either expressly knock it out, or it was left out of a list of qualifying items. Glad to see they added it, though ... now we just need an answer on "TD:VS". :D

70109.png

#1219 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

Games on Deman Ghostbusters doesnt count?

Where'd you see that? I just did a scrape of the Xbox Forums, and only found 2 open questions with no answers either knocking it out, or otherwise "excluding" it. So until you get an answer back, post a question in the Xbox Rewards Questions forum, and report back, soldier! :lol:

And I am done for the night, having searched on all the "maybe" titles just for good measure. I'll be back to the thread in a few days to catch-up, if nobody else gets busy with the OP, but remember this is a crowd-sourced group effort, and everybody wins when more people take part!

BTW, if you post at the Xbox Rewards forum, be sure to give yourself & other fellow CAG'ers 5 stars on their replies (ahem (cough) including me aka "Yukon Cornelius"), so that the system won't think those responses are undeserved. I'm even giving 5-stars to the Xbox Rewards staff when they answer questions, just to keep my own ranking within the system high enough that I'm not considered "trolling". Just an inside tip from someone who's handled BBS's before. :D

Edited by Cornelius, 12 October 2012 - 05:40 AM.

70109.png

#1220 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

And I am done for the night, having searched on all the "maybe" titles just for good measure. I'll be back to the thread in a few days to catch-up, if nobody else gets busy with the OP, but remember this is a crowd-sourced group effort, and everybody wins when more people take part!

How did you go about easily seaching the forums for those threads? Am I missing something right in front of me?

#1221 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Anyone have any opinions or input on XBLIG's Decay Series who have played it?

It's pretty good for an indie horror title. The game plays a lot like older, exploratory PC games, such as Myst. You travel around in first-person perspective, picking up clues and solving a mystery. Cut-scenes are also included, but the quality isn't that great due to the file size limitations on indie games at the time the first few were released. The lack of music and disturbing images all lend a hand to the eerie atmosphere. The only downside is that it's in four parts; Part 1 only costs $1, but the others cost $3 and I couldn't justify an entire $10 on it at the time. I have only played the first game and the demo to the second.

#1222 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

Anyone know if Games On Demand Aliens Vs Predator counts?

#1223 paintballers

paintballers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

I signed up a week ago but never got a confirmation... only the email that says it can take up to 48 hours for them to set up my account. anyone else had this issue?

#1224 seppuku

seppuku

too many games, not enough time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

I don't think I'll bite on this "buy 2000 msp worth of horror stuff and get 300 msp back" deal, as I'd rather just wait for the games I want to individually go on sale for 50% off (which seems to be practically inevitable). However, I wonder if All Zombies Must Die or the Alien Breed series would count...
XBLA wish list: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, Double Dragon Neon...
Xbox 360 wish list: Diablo III

#1225 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

How did you go about easily seaching the forums for those threads? Am I missing something right in front of me?

Who said it was easy? I'm just using terms like each game's name, or "horror", or "promotion", or "2000". As long as I'm searching at least every week, then I can use the "advanced search" to limit the results down to "only" several pages of results of people asking if they're in the program yet, or if it's their birthday yet, or a myriad of other lame questions. :-)

BTW, decided I'd better get the "likely" list inputted into the forums, since last week was entirely unproductive when it came to confirmed answers. Hopefully they'll invest some decent time this week, including specifically about Metro 2033. Still crossing fingers that a DOTW will have some relevant content, and it will be good to have the answers to likely titles beforehand.

70109.png

#1226 yamayama

yamayama

•• Professional Beta Tester •• (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

From the rewards email:

"10,000,000 Microsoft Points. Got your attention? To celebrate the release of Halo 4, Xbox LIVE Rewards has something very special planned for our members this November. Follow @XboxLIVErewards on Twitter for the latest updates."

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#1227 NoDAK

NoDAK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

XBLRewards5 has started working her way thru the "marketplace promotion" inquiries. Should be getting more answers soon. I'm hoping that Metro 2033 is eligible.

#1228 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

Further confirmation that Splatterhouse is omitted, man that's irritating.

http://forums.xbox.c...9/t/354656.aspx

Adding F3AR 3 to the list.

Thanks for your impressions on Decay Blade, still undecided as of yet but I am interested if its Myst-esque.

Does anyone know if Alice: Madness Returns on GoD comes with the original Alice like the retail version? Or would one have to purchase it separately as well.

#1229 Lord Chabelo

Lord Chabelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Anyone know who to contact about not receiving the survey points once 100 MSP have been banked and are listed as awarded in the rewards website but do not show up in your Gamertag?
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#1230 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepherd of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Does anyone know if Alice: Madness Returns on GoD comes with the original Alice like the retail version? Or would one have to purchase it separately as well.

According to two sources, it does.

Sources: http://www.xbox360ac...ad.php?t=358397 and http://forums.xbox.c...0/t/264296.aspx