Xbox Rewards Wiki

• Please log in to reply
1793 replies to this topic

#1231 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Anyone know who to contact about not receiving the survey points once 100 MSP have been banked and are listed as awarded in the rewards website but do not show up in your Gamertag?

When did you take the survey to hit 100 points? I last hit 100 points (all from surveys) when I took the September survey on 9/1 and my points were deposited on 9/26. I didn't keep an eye on the Rewards site to see when those points switched from the pending to the awarded lists, but maybe the Rewards site (which is not run by Microsoft) updates their end before Microsoft actually adds them to your account.

#1232 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

XBLRewards5 has started working her way thru the "marketplace promotion" inquiries. Should be getting more answers soon. I'm hoping that Metro 2033 is eligible.

She responded to a post with an edited list, although I haven't compared them to see what's changed:

Theme

• Alan Wake Dreamscape
  • Alan Wake Elderwood
  • Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies Ascension Premium
  • Call of Duty Black Ops Zombie Swamp Theme
  • Call of Duty Black Ops Zombie Factory Premium Theme
  • Castlevania HoD Premium Theme
  • F.E.A.R. 2 Premium Theme
  • Full Moon Graveyard Premium Theme
  • Plant vs. Zombies Premium Theme
  • Rise of Nightmares - Sabbat Frenzy

• Call of Duty Black Ops Zombie Hat

Games & Add-Ons
  • Alan Wake The Signal
  • Alan Wake The Writer
  • Condemned
  • Condemned 2
  • Dead Island
  • Dead Island Ryder White
  • Dead Island Bloodbath Arena Multiplayer Mode + Leaderboards DLC
  • Dead Rising 2
  • Dead Rising 2 Skills Pack Ninja
  • Dead Rising 2 Skills Pack Sports Fan
  • Dead Rising 2 Skills Pack Soldier
  • Dead Rising 2 Skills Pack Psycho
  • Dead Space
  • Dead Space 2
  • F.E.A.R. 2 Reborn
  • Monster Madness
  • Monster Madness Battle Field High School DLC
  • Monster Madness Battle Field Zack's House DLC
  • Silent Hill Homecoming
  • Alan Wake's American Nightmare
  • All Zombies Must Die!
  • Amy
  • Dead Rising 2 Case Zero
  • Deadlight
  • Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
  • Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime Challenge Pack
  • I Am Alive
  • Plants vs. Zombie
  • The Walking Dead
  • Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone
  • Bioshock
  • Bioshock 2
  • Call of Duty Black Ops DLC Rezurrection: Pack 4 [EN]
  • Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare Pack
  • Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare Collection

Hope that helps!

Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#1233 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

The fellow asked about Metro 2033 and the ranger dlc and the list given back doesn't show it, so I guess Metro 2033 is shot down for the October Horror Theme points back promotion.

#1234 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

According to two sources, it does.

Sources: http://www.xbox360ac...ad.php?t=358397 and http://forums.xbox.c...0/t/264296.aspx

Much obliged, sir. I thought it was as the file size is larger than the standard disc install before downloading the extra content but ha trouble locating any solid word.

Pretty much confirms my meeting Octobers rewards now. Perhaps it may even be thrown into Shocktober allowing me to squeeze a bit more content into my requisite purchases. A long shot, but I'd say not entirely impossible considering the superb GoD sales we've been getting recently.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#1235 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

Just heard a response from XBLRewards5 that Zombie Driver HD is eligible.

http://forums.xbox.c...42.aspx#1860242

Feel free to ignore the part about 1600 points. I probably had a blonde moment and was thinking $20 for some reason.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#1236 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

My wallet is ready.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

lol @ Bioshock counting but not Splatterhouse...are they high?

uc.png

#1237 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

What's nice about Bioshock 1 and 2 counting is that they're supposed to be on sale next week according to the Xbox Live Deals thread.

#1238 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

Woot, finally got a major update from the Rewards staff:
http://forums.xbox.c...9/t/353526.aspx

Not sure how much coincides with my own "maybe" list I posted there, but that does clarify a bunch. Now onto the "maybe nots". :)

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#1239 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

What's nice about Bioshock 1 and 2 counting is that they're supposed to be on sale next week according to the Xbox Live Deals thread.

Have they confirmed that the Bioshock 2 DLCs will count? Because they went on to list even the individual skill packs for Dead Rising but left out the ones for Bioshock 2, and I still don't know if Minerva's Den will count... oh well, since everyone and their dogs keep saying how great that single expansion is, I guess I'll bite anyway :bouncy:

And I think I will give in and buy I Am Alive too, since I've enjoyed the demo so much... here's hoping that the full game will not disappoint!
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#1240 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

The fellow asked about Metro 2033 and the ranger dlc and the list given back doesn't show it, so I guess Metro 2033 is shot down for the October Horror Theme points back promotion.

Noticed that as well while I was scraping the forums tonight, so off "Metro 2033" goes to the "confirmed as NOT included" list ... along with many others that I thought would have a chance. On the plus side, I believe they are using "horror" as a keyword search item, so now's a great time to pick up the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" tracks for Guitar Hero 6! :lol:

As always, feel free to correct any information, or add some "maybe" titles, since producing this list is often an exercise in reading between the lines ... not to mention handing it back to the Rewards staff when they give inconsistent answers like I did here.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#1241 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

Have they confirmed that the Bioshock 2 DLCs will count? Because they went on to list even the individual skill packs for Dead Rising but left out the ones for Bioshock 2, and I still don't know if Minerva's Den will count.

Yep, "Bioshock 2" has been confirmed as a "game", and therefore, all affiliated addons, themes, and avatar items are also included.

70109.png

#1242 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

Much obliged, sir. I thought it was as the file size is larger than the standard disc install before downloading the extra content but ha trouble locating any solid word.

The standalone installer for "American McGee's Alice" is only for those who buy "Alice: Madness Returns" used & without the A.M's.A. code inside (as part of EA's "Project $10" initiative). But since you access A.M's.A. from within the newer game (as DLC), then they probably made some new disc image to include the DLC in the game itself.

70109.png

#1243 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

How is it that every Dead Rising title except Off The Record has been confirmed? That's the only one in which I'm interested!! :booty:

#1244 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

How is it that every Dead Rising title except Off The Record has been confirmed? That's the only one in which I'm interested!! :booty:

Then ask the question in the forums! Or as someone previously posted ...

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

BTW, added the "Paranormal Activity 4" movie money offer to the OP, since it doubles up with the 2000pts of "horror-themed" Shock-tober content.

70109.png

#1245 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

I went to the forums and scrolled and clicked through pages and pages of unanswered and ignored Shocktober questions. Including Dead Rising: Off The Record, incidentally. It was on Wednesday, so it's not as if they'd built up over the weekend and just hadn't been answered yet; there were days and days of queries awaiting a response.

(Some helpful chap had pointed a lot of people to this thread :D)

#1246 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

I went to the forums and scrolled and clicked through pages and pages of unanswered and ignored Shocktober questions. Including Dead Rising: Off The Record, incidentally. It was on Wednesday, so it's not as if they'd built up over the weekend and just hadn't been answered yet; there were days and days of queries awaiting a response.

(Some helpful chap had pointed a lot of people to this thread :D)

Questions generally take 5-6 days at least to be answered there, excluding weekend days from the count. Questions from Weds wouldn't be reached yet.

cannniaiainiaiac

#1247 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

Makes you wonder why they didn't just... I dunno, top-of-my-head radical thinking here... release a list of qualifying purchases.

Edit: did the Great Journey across to the forum and, hey, whaddya know. It only took them 19 days to produce a Shocktober qualifying list. Better late than never!

#1248 angelsimaren

angelsimaren

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

Yes, that would have been a lot easier to deal with then just asking on the forums about qualifying content...thanks for the share!

#1249 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Yes, that would have been a lot easier to deal with then just asking on the forums about qualifying content...thanks for the share!

Thing is, that list exists ONLY because we did ask about tons of stuff over there. Its essentially just a compilation of all reward qualifying related questions they've already answered. As you can see its not even a final definitive list as she states if there's any other content you're unsure about feel free to ask, rather than saying this is the end all be all of eligibility.

cannniaiainiaiac

#1250 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

Thing is, that list exists ONLY because we did ask about tons of stuff over there. Its essentially just a compilation of all reward qualifying related questions they've already answered.

Maybe if everyone goes completely batshit about asking them what qualifies every month then eventually they'll have a "return to form" and start off their reward months with an open-ended list, wouldn't that be great?

A [constant complainer of this] can dream. ;)

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#1251 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

Maybe if everyone goes completely batshit about asking them what qualifies every month then eventually they'll have a "return to form" and start off their reward months with an open-ended list, wouldn't that be great?

A [constant complainer of this] can dream. ;)

I spread my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams.

Haha.

I suppose we'll find out one way or the other in any case. I don't forsee them being bombarded any less on months like these in the future.

cannniaiainiaiac

#1252 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

I suppose we'll find out one way or the other in any case. I don't forsee them being bombarded any less on months like these in the future.

Well, I'm pretty sure last month's sports content promo (or was it the previous month's?) "extravaganza" went without any kind of officially confirmed list from them, and if CAG was any indicator there seemed to be a bit less enthusiasm for the reward in general; which is not to say there wasn't some fervor, but not like I've been seeing over horror content purchase trepidation this month.

As has been said though, time will tell.

25u01gl.gif

#1253 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

Well, I'm pretty sure last month's sports content promo (or was it the previous month's?) "extravaganza" went without any kind of officially confirmed list from them, and if CAG was any indicator there seemed to be a bit less enthusiasm for the reward in general; which is not to say there wasn't some fervor, but not like I've been seeing over horror content purchase trepidation this month.

As has been said though, time will tell.

I think that's due in part largely because horror themed gaming hits a much broader audience than solely sports. Also its a tad easier to pretty much know what is going to qualify for sport related content as opposed to horror where what falls in and/or falls short of being deemed horror. There were plenty of questions for the sport month being posted on their forums as well, and you can never be to sure of anything considering pinball tables were valid for the sport theme.

cannniaiainiaiac

#1254 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

OK, here's the story about August's "sports" promo 1 more time. :-)

• Someone was tasked to find all sports-related content.
  • That someone noticed that racing games fell into the "Strategy & Simulation" group, which also includes "Command & Conquer" and "Pinball FX2".
  • Person is either lazy, stupid, or fearful to keep their job, so they go overboard, and include all games which then include "command", such as "Bionic Commando". You can see some of the results of this over-zealous querying here: http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1053
  • Not thinking anything of it, Xbox Marketing becomes twice the fool by posting this list without review to the Xbox Rewards FAQ. Hilarity ensues from the community, and the list is removed from public view, but since nobody on Xbox Marketing plays any games, they do a haphazard job at removing content ... so that Pinball FX2 content is pulled, but "Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3" and the fore-mentioned "Bionic Commando" remained on the list.
  • To avoid future embarrassment, no list has been published, but as you can tell from the OP, there's some very obvious "horror" content that was excluded, because someone makes hasty judgments about the game ... "Metro 2033" is a prime example where the person probably thinks it's a Fallout 3 clone.
So there you have it ... that's why you won't see a list when they do this kind of promo. The best thing you can do, if you have a beef about certain titles, is to shove proof back in their face, such as I suggested to do with "Metro 2033", and I'd say the same about "Dead Rising 2: Off The Rails". But most importantly, get your questions in now, because the Xbox Rewards staff aren't breaking any speed records in answering content ... and do NOT bump your own thread, because they're going from oldest message on forward, and posting in the thread only moves your question down. When you do get a solid answer, then DEFINITELY post here, so we can keep the OP updated, as you've probably seen me linking back to in Xbox's own forums. :lol:

70109.png

#1255 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

OK, here's the story about August's "sports" promo 1 more time. :-)

So there you have it ... that's why you won't see a list when they do this kind of promo.

Yessir, I recall their asshattery with that initial "here ya' go... WHOOPS." What I was just trying to say (and maybe a bit poorly perhaps), was that... this time around they actually DID post a list--albeit as incomplete as it is--but it only came to fruition after they were swamped through the course of the month with request-after-request for confirmation with each individual piece-after-piece of content. So my point was, that it took a disorganized "grassroots" procedure of nagging them with one piece of content after another (or in some case, enormous lists) before they woke and someone said "hey, maybe we at XBL Rewards should compile a list... hrmmm" where in previous times they didn't even bother.

To sum it up, what I was originally suggesting/wistfully dreaming about, is that if they get nagged to death as much as they have over this month's approved content, maybe they'll finally concede and start making thoughtful lists to start-off promos like the good ol' days before they became owned by whatever third-party now governs them (pre-pre-Sports Content Month).

25u01gl.gif

#1256 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

Does anyone know if you're screwed on promotions like this if you pay in money rather than in points for GOD. I bought Metro 2033 and RE4 this month but paid in money rather than in points. I'm wondering if I should spend a bit more to get into this month's promo or just not bother.

Let me know.

Thanks

#1257 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

Does anyone know if you're screwed on promotions like this if you pay in money rather than in points for GOD. I bought Metro 2033 and RE4 this month but paid in money rather than in points. I'm wondering if I should spend a bit more to get into this month's promo or just not bother.

Let me know.

Thanks

I just read the rewards page FAQ and saw no answer to your question. I'd hope the answer is yes since you can make purchases in real currency, but I think you'd be much better off asking their forums or twitter account. It's the weekend now, so I don't know if they'd get back to you in time before October is over, though.

They have links for both their forum and twitter help at the bottom of this page; http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/#fmi

#1258 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Okay... maybe im freaking out for no reason here, but i decided to check my rewards account today, i bought The Walking Dead episodes 2,3, and 4 at the beginning of the month. THEN downloaded to spooktackular entry thing (because i never saw it till this week) then downloaded Bioshock on Tuesday (this past week) its been more than 96 hours now and im not seeing my confirmation for the 300 pts kickback.

Also, i re-upped my account through the phone with XBL for 6 months at 22.49, last time i did that i got 100 msp kick back. Its not showing this month...

One more thing, i watched all four debates on my Xbox... the download for the suit isnt showing yet, but i know thats coming Nov 1st or Nov 2nd right?

I have been wanting to pull the trigger on Bioshock 2 and Minerva's Den, but i hate to spend that much and then realize that (oh i dunno, lets just say...) Halo 3 and/or Halo Wars goes on sale Tuesday for 10 bucks GoD... I would be pissed because i havnt played Halo 3 since launch and i have never played Halo Wars, aside from Dead Rising, Gears of War, and Bioshock ; Halo is the one series I wish to own on my hard drive.

Call me crazy, but i love the thought of owning a game for as long as i own my gamertag.

tl;dr

its been more than 96 hours since i hit the 2000 pt wall, and its not showing up yet, should i spend another 1200 msp (since i dunno if buying TWD2,3,and4 counted due to me not downloading the stupid entry thing? Im playing Bioshock for the first time in HD and I seriously can't get enough of it right now.

fs_xbox.png

ach.png

Currently Playing: Halo 4, CS:GO (360), Skyrim, and Garou: MotW (360)

#1259 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

Okay... maybe im freaking out for no reason here, but i decided to check my rewards account today, i bought The Walking Dead episodes 2,3, and 4 at the beginning of the month. THEN downloaded to spooktackular entry thing (because i never saw it till this week) then downloaded Bioshock on Tuesday (this past week) its been more than 96 hours now and im not seeing my confirmation for the 300 pts kickback.

It's not an entry. It's to sign up for the Rewards program so if you were already a member you didn't need to download it.
Posted Image

#1260 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

I seriously hope this talk about needing to download the gamerpic or whatnot first before downloading shocktober games isn't true because I already purchase 1600 msp before downloading it from the console