• Please log in to reply
1762 replies to this topic

#1591 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

My punches have finally updated.
Have all 4 punches for the free month and 800 points....
Now just need to get 15 more hours played on arcade games....

"Played" is a relative term here ... you only need to be logged into Xbox Live with an arcade game running ... hitting "pause" & then heading to work did the trick for me. :D

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#1592 Sanges99

Sanges99

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Balls.

All this talk about punchcards finally updating had me curious, so I popped over to see my own only to find that none do the ten+ hours I played in the past two days had shown.

Well, my dumbass forgot how slow XBR servers were to update account info and I decided to stop putting off changing my GT like I have wanted to do for months now. Their forum support claims it can take from 2-5 days for them to update, which in turn means that no activity is going to count until they change it. FML :wall:

Posted Image

#1593 deadofnight

deadofnight

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Awesome. Marvel vs Capcom: Origins did go on sale today. In the past week someone in either this thread or the XBL Deals thread said he saw Wolverine where the Pool Nation tile should be, so it seemed like a good chance this game would go on sale.

A slight bummer is Bionic Commando Rearmed will be going on sale for 80 MSP less than what I paid for it through the sales and specials app a week ago. It's just one dollar, but that's a legacy Rock Band song. On the bright side, I held off from buying part 2, so I'll save an extra 120 MSP on it next week. Now I'll be at:

600 - Retro City Rampage
600 - Mark of the Ninja
600 - Marvel vs Capcom Origins
480 - Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
400 - Bionic Commando Rearmed

2680 spent, 520 to go.

It's great how all these deals are stacking this month. DotWs and publisher sales, 1 month of Xbox Live Gold, 800 MSP rebate, MyAchievements.

#1594 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Damn. Nothing for me in the DotW. Was hoping for a fun 800 point game to finish off that last punchcard.

#1595 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

damn I bought all the good games I wanted during December sales. I don't recall the "bonus" spending reward but I'm sure this April punchcard thing (coupled with the good weekly sales) is much better, perhaps the best I've seen

also I checked my rewards and I've never received the 100 msp for my "first marketplace purchase ever".

#1596 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

also I checked my rewards and I've never received the 100 msp for my "first marketplace purchase ever".

http://rewards.xbox....and-conditions/

Make Your 1st Purchase on Xbox LIVE Marketplace: Available only to participants making their first Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchase since joining Xbox LIVE (it is still considered a "first time purchase" if the participant has not made a Marketplace purchase since 12/31/07). This is defined as the purchase of an Xbox LIVE Marketplace item using Microsoft Points or a dollar denominated credit card transaction. Your first purchase must be made on or after the confirmation of your enrollment into the Program. The purchase of Microsoft Points only will not count towards receiving these Microsoft Points. If you have already made an Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchase prior to the start of the Program, you are not eligible for this award. Only participants who make their first purchase on the Marketplace will earn one hundred (100) Microsoft Points. Participants can only earn these Microsoft Points one time during the Program.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1597 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Make Your 1st Purchase on Xbox LIVE Marketplace: Available only to participants making their first Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchase since joining Xbox LIVE (it is still considered a "first time purchase" if the participant has not made a Marketplace purchase since 12/31/07). This is defined as the purchase of an Xbox LIVE Marketplace item using Microsoft Points or a dollar denominated credit card transaction. Your first purchase must be made on or after the confirmation of your enrollment into the Program. The purchase of Microsoft Points only will not count towards receiving these Microsoft Points. If you have already made an Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchase prior to the start of the Program, you are not eligible for this award. Only participants who make their first purchase on the Marketplace will earn one hundred (100) Microsoft Points. Participants can only earn these Microsoft Points one time during the Program.

The terms are confusing. If I understand the part I bolded, people that made a purchase before joining Rewards (but after Dec 31 2007) and then join Rewards are ineligible for the 100 msp?

If so the Rewards program is even more of a joke. That would mean the vast majority of people in Rewards didn't qualify for this.

#1598 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

i entered artifact and got a "You've missed your chance to enter that code. Keep looking!" message

Same here. Got the same message around 8am this morning. Really disappointing that they are releasing 1 code per week, but apparently only giving us a couple days to enter it.

There should be a new code released this week. Hopefully they're release it before Friday this time. :roll:

I hadn't checked the official rules page, thought all relevant, non-legalese info would be in the Rewards FAQ, but apparently not. I thought it was odd that the Rewards FAQ said 1 secret code would be released per week, while the contest wouldn't last 4 full weeks. The official rules page lists a schedule for the codes :

• 3/28/13 - 4/20/13
  • 4/1/13 - 4/7/13
  • 4/8/13 - 4/14/13
  • 4/15/13 - 4/20/13
So "explore" is good for the entire promotion, while "artifact" expired on Sunday. I had redeemed it on Sunday, but didn't update the OP or mention it until yesterday, not knowing how they were doing things. Doing some Googling, it looks like they didn't announce the 2nd code's availability until Friday, as nCogNeato mentioned, but kept the original end date.

Thought it was odd that trying to enter the explore code again got a "you already redeemed this message" while entering artifact again got the expired message.

Will clear things up in the OP later.

#1599 MisterLemon

MisterLemon

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

My Punchcard page is blank. Literally doesn't have the punchcard itself. I've already spent 2200 points 2/4 games.

#1600 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

My Punchcard page is blank. Literally doesn't have the punchcard itself. I've already spent 2200 points 2/4 games.

probably a problem with your browser. Try using chrome or firefox or opera, whichever isn't your default, and see if it shows up. Could try IE on 360, if you really want to torture yourself:drool:
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#1601 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

I hadn't checked the official rules page, thought all relevant, non-legalese info would be in the Rewards FAQ, but apparently not. I thought it was odd that the Rewards FAQ said 1 secret code would be released per week, while the contest wouldn't last 4 full weeks. The official rules page lists a schedule for the codes :

• 3/28/13 - 4/20/13
  • 4/1/13 - 4/7/13
  • 4/8/13 - 4/14/13
  • 4/15/13 - 4/20/13
So "explore" is good for the entire promotion, while "artifact" expired on Sunday. I had redeemed it on Sunday, but didn't update the OP or mention it until yesterday, not knowing how they were doing things. Doing some Googling, it looks like they didn't announce the 2nd code's availability until Friday, as nCogNeato mentioned, but kept the original end date.

Thought it was odd that trying to enter the explore code again got a "you already redeemed this message" while entering artifact again got the expired message.

Will clear things up in the OP later.

If they were actually following that schedule (which it already seems like they're not) that would mean the third code would be floating around somewhere. Has anyone found it? Also, where did "artifact" show up?

When did you make the purchases? It took a good 4-5 days for my punches to show up.

#1602 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

If they were actually following that schedule (which it already seems like they're not) that would mean the third code would be floating around somewhere. Has anyone found it? Also, where did "artifact" show up?

It was in a picture posted on the Xbox Facebook page.

http://www.facebook....47831022&type=1

In the Twitter conversation I linked above, someone said they should extend the deadline because they posted the code 4 days late and the XBLRewards person didn't understand what he meant by that. :wall:

#1603 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

You'd think people would know the rules to their own promotion.

#1604 Sanges99

Sanges99

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

You'd think people would know the rules to their own promotion.

One would also think that an intensive program like XBR would also be run my MS themselves, but they only sponsor it. I wouldn't be surprised if XBR is also pawning off the Tomb Raider contest via a separate company as well, lol.

And besides, customer reps aren't really given the info or means to be more than personable versions of policies and suggestion forms or troubleshooting FAQs anyway. (My gf is one, in a looser sense of the field.)

Posted Image

#1605 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

The Rewards Twitter said today was point deposit day. Mine showed up.

Didn't see anything about the next Tomb Raider code.

#1606 WolfmanASTN

WolfmanASTN

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

The Rewards Twitter said today was point deposit day. Mine showed up.

Didn't see anything about the next Tomb Raider code.

The code is "NAVIGATE"

#1607 UltimoRey

UltimoRey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

The code is "NAVIGATE"

confirming this worked for me too.
Posted Image

#1608 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

For those wondering, the Navigate code was found on the email newsletter this week from Xbox Live Rewards. It is inside the graphic for Tomb Raider.

#1609 VaultBoy101

VaultBoy101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

Anyone having issues with punches showing up on the cards? I finally caved and bought Minecraft for 1600MSP on Saturday specifically because of this offer, and a couple of days later my account updated with a single punch: the one for playing 5 hours. Nothing for the purchase has shown up yet, and it's past the stated 96 hours now.

#1610 CodeTrader

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Anyone having issues with punches showing up on the cards? I finally caved and bought Minecraft for 1600MSP on Saturday specifically because of this offer, and a couple of days later my account updated with a single punch: the one for playing 5 hours. Nothing for the purchase has shown up yet, and it's past the stated 96 hours now.

It can take 3 – 5 days for a Punchcard activity to show as complete.

#1611 VaultBoy101

VaultBoy101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Exactly. It has been 5 days since Saturday, so I was starting to worry for that reason.

#1612 revenge

revenge

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

I've been trying to access xbox rewards today, and I keep getting an internal server 500 error when I try to join. I have a friend referring me, and I would like him to be able to reap the benefits, and me also redeem them for starting a subscription and netflix, etc.
If anyone else is experiencing this, what the heck is going on?

#1613 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

One would also think that an intensive program like XBR would also be run my MS themselves, but they only sponsor it. I wouldn't be surprised if XBR is also pawning off the Tomb Raider contest via a separate company as well, lol.

And besides, customer reps aren't really given the info or means to be more than personable versions of policies and suggestion forms or troubleshooting FAQs anyway. (My gf is one, in a looser sense of the field.)

I remember having to deal with the company in control of the "How Do You Xbox Live" (or whatever) promotion. I made a really killer video and put a lot of time and effort into it and then a few days after submitting it, it was taken down. I contacted the company and they responded saying they don't know why it was taken down and that they'd look into it. I never heard back from them even though I email them 2 more times for an update. Not to be cocky, but my video was better than the ones that won.

Needless to say, I'm not happy with the company that handles the Rewards promotions. They don't seem to care much about them.

#1614 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

For those wondering, the Navigate code was found on the email newsletter this week from Xbox Live Rewards. It is inside the graphic for Tomb Raider.

Just got my March statement with the image 20 minutes ago. Wonder why they don't all get sent out at once.

Updated the OP, shifting the secret codes to above the contest info and included info of where they were found.

Has anyone gotten any progress toward the 3,200 punchcard offer with some Arcade DLC purchases? I know they said it needed to be games, but given how they've been wrong about some other things, they might be wrong on that as well. I bought Retro City Rampage and the Plants vs. Zombies pinball table from last week's sales Tuesday morning and purchased the Doritos Crash Course DLC last night, so I've spent 880 on Arcade stuff so far this month. Not planning to buy any of the current DOTW, so I can wait and see if that 880 results in a punch before getting anything from the next DOTW.

#1615 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

Has anyone gotten any progress toward the 3,200 punchcard offer with some Arcade DLC purchases? I know they said it needed to be games, but given how they've been wrong about some other things, they might be wrong on that as well. I bought Retro City Rampage and the Plants vs. Zombies pinball table from last week's sales Tuesday morning and purchased the Doritos Crash Course DLC last night, so I've spent 880 on Arcade stuff so far this month. Not planning to buy any of the current DOTW, so I can wait and see if that 880 results in a punch before getting anything from the next DOTW.

I doubt they're going to miss this ... within the Xbox billing system, it knows full game from DLC, and they already explicitly clarified this in the Rewards forum.

I'd have a better confirmation from my own purchases, but right now I have 3 punches from 2400 MSP in full games, and 320 MSP in DLC. If I had any less in full XBLA games, then I'd have confirmation one way or the other, but I'm 90% sure they know what they're doing in this particular promo (as opposed to Shocktober).

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#1616 MisterLemon

MisterLemon

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

It's not the browser. Only when I'm signed in does nothing pop up :/ unsigned in I see the blank template

#1617 revenge

revenge

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

I'm still unable to join :(

#1618 Relentless Sheep

Relentless Sheep

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

I'm still unable to join :(

Everything is working fine for me.

#1619 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Is anyone getting the 5 hour punches to update yet? My other two cards seem to be working fine, but I should have some results on my 5 hour one by now, and nothing.

#1620 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

I'm sitting out the whole punchcard deal. I've bought 130 arcade games over the life of my console, and they just now decide to make a reward for it? Besides, I'm saving my cash for my vacation in June.