Xbox Rewards Wiki

• Please log in to reply
1762 replies to this topic

#1741 deadofnight

deadofnight

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

So I guess if you want to at least get 1-2% back while you can, now is the time to spend your points.  

I'm wondering if going on a binge before the month ends would be worth it. I definitely want to spend all my MSP balance before the conversion, and that won't be a problem since I have a lot Rock Band dlc I want. I kind of doubt the conversion FAQ saying converted funds won't be taxed when used to make a purchase will hold up as true. What's holding me back is maybe when Xbox Live Rewards relaunches it will have that dlc punchcard we have all been waiting for.

I already spent 800 MSP this month. I think I'll just buy The Doors and David Bowie Rock Band 3 track packs. That'll put me at 3080 MSP for the month, so I'll get 70 MSP back. Eh, I'll spend an extra 440 MSP to get 80 MSP back; that'd be a free legacy Rock Band track. That is, if I have no interest in the next three DotW. I'll just look to spend 3520 MSP or a bit more this month.

I just hope we get a couple days notice before the new dashboard goes live for everyone. I'm guessing the Xbox Live Rewards relaunch will have the new dashboard in mind. If Xbox Live Rewards has a cashback reward then I think the new dashboard will go live sometime around the relaunch, September 1.

#1742 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:57 AM

http://rewards.xbox.com/

The revamped program is now up.

5,000 Rewards Credits are equal to $5 USD. At that rate, it seems like much hasn't changed in terms of rewards/rebates. It also feels weird that they use these imaginary credits to hide the fact that if you're a Gold subscriber and have at least a 75k Gamerscore you get 300 credits ($0.30) back for every $10 you spend.

#1743 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:08 AM

So Punchcards are a regular offer now:

What is the My Map Pack Punchcard Offer?
A. From August 30, 2013 to October, 31 2013, Xbox Live Rewards members who purchase a single map pack from the Xbox Stores for a minimum of $10.00 USD will receive one punch. Get 5 punches to complete the Punchcard and earn 5,000 Rewards Credits!

What is the My Movie & TV Punchcard Offer?
A. From August 30, 2013 to October 31, 2013, Xbox Live Rewards members who purchase or rent a movie and/or TV episode from Xbox Video for a minimum of $3.00 USD will receive one punch. Get 5 punches to complete the Punchcard and earn 3,000 Credits!

What is the My Apps Punchcard Offer?
A. From August 30, 2013 to October 31, 2013, download a total of 5 new apps and use each of them for a minimum of 5 hours to complete the Punchcard and earn 1,000 Credits!

#1744 nypickle

nypickle

Orange and Blue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:23 AM

Not sure if I like the way the program is now. It's also not picking up my Gold membership, whereas previously it had no problem and I was receiving the % back for my gamerscore tier.

#1745 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:24 AM

That layout gives me a headache.  Took me about seven minutes to figure where the survey was and, since it was about the new layout, I gave it all low scores.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#1746 halo4life79

halo4life79

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

So many asterisks and fine print.. Sounds like for the MyAchievements, whatever you purchase must cost at least $10 to get a rebate. Also it claims every new (says it must be physical disc) xbox game that you play gets you 1000 reward points (essentially $1 cashback). Doesn't seem like too terrible of an overhaul but I doubt I'll get earn many rewards from this program in the coming months, but we'll see.

#1747 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

Hmmm...sounds about the same.  Like the new tier, I've got a little bit of work to get there.  New game thing sounds cool, but only works for the first 30 days after a new release of a game.  I never buy a new game within 30 days of release, so I won't be getting anything there.

Also, I haven't found the survey yet.  I don't hate the layout though, I just can't find the survey.

Oh, and just semantics, but I think "Champion" and "Legend" both sound higher then "Master", so I don't understand why "Master" is the top tier.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1748 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:39 AM

Also, I haven't found the survey yet.  I don't hate the layout though, I just can't find the survey.

http://rewards.xbox....yrewards_survey

#1749 Crono-00

Crono-00

CAG, to Broke-AG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:44 AM

Well, now I really have to hit the backlog to get my gamerscore up to 75k.  It sounds like multiples of $10USD for me will trigger a rebate amount but with pricing of most content in my region ending in $X.99 (found a few even $1 DLC and some DLC ending with even more odd numbers), I think the truncated amount beyond every multiple of $10 does not make the reward credits rarely ever reach the full 3% potential so the real reward is actually less than before in my situation (not including the additional tax I'd probably have to pay)!  This is akin to the inverse (since the reward is supposed to pay back opposed to me paying towards) of what gas (petrol) stations do in my area with all the little small denominations.

I know it will be practically never when I play a newly released game for 10 hours, since I tend to wait for games to be significantly discounted so that reward offer does not apply for me.  As for the punchcards, I've not bothered with any apps aside from the Sales & Specials + a while back so I'm sure I can fish out 5 apps I've never tried.  However, I've never purchased any map pack for $10 and I think some potentially qualifying content is actually priced at $9.99 (just not quite $10) on the dashboard which would mean those are actually ineligible (as explained earlier).  I've never purchased any non-free video from Xbox Video, so that's also another throwaway.

I guess I'll do the survey and renew my Gold tonight, to get started on the program.  Thanks for letting me know the new rewards is up, and there is a slightly better incentive to purchase again (been staring down Bully: Scholarship Edition and the Max Payne 3 season pass all this week, I hope to find $2.02 in additional content to gain my first 200 reward credits).

I guess it will take me about a year to earn the 8000 gamerscore I need to bump up my VIP status ^^.

EDIT:  Oh wait, I am glad I caught the renewal reward credits are only if I am renewing from Gold, so I should use my 1-month code the punchcard rewards gave me to upgrade from Free/Silver before I input a 3-month code in about 20 days or so (to finish out the months of "Games With Gold").

Edited by Crono-00, 31 August 2013 - 07:01 AM.

card.png

#1750 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

If your Gold membership isn't being recognized by the Rewards program, you may not qualify.  The one that bothers me is the promotional Gold.  Saw this form response to a bunch of people on the forums:

We looked into the matter, and unfortunately not all Xbox Live Gold membership types will qualify as Gold on the Xbox Live Rewards site. They include free, trial, and some promotional Gold. Unfortunately your membership for the month falls in that category. We're sorry to share the disappointing news. Appreciate your checking in. Cheers!

#1751 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

^ So I'd imagine that the free months and that 2 months for $2 deals will fall into that "promotional" category and not count, right?

#1752 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

I love how this whole rewards system changes because MS changing from MSP to currency; so naturally, XBL Rewards invents their own point system to reconvert to currency. 

#1753 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

^ So I'd imagine that the free months and that 2 months for $2 deals will fall into that "promotional" category and not count, right?

Only way to know for sure is to post on the forum asking them to look into it.  My one month code I got with a game will expire on 9/24.  The rewards site is currently not recognizing my Gold status.  

Also, I signed up back in September and December 2011 for the 40% off a year of Gold that was showing up on the dashboard.  The emails state they were originally scheduled to go into effect on 7/24 before I redeemed a couple of one month cards between now and then.  If one of them goes into effect on 9/24, which their wonderful chat support could not tell me if it would or not, I wonder if it will qualify for the rewards program.  

#1754 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

After picking up Diablo III from Redbox this morning, I realized that if I play a Redbox new release for 10 hours I get a buck back, and since I only go to Redbox if I have a coupon, these will essentially be free rentals. Nice. 

#1755 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

After picking up Diablo III from Redbox this morning, I realized that if I play a Redbox new release for 10 hours I get a buck back, and since I only go to Redbox if I have a coupon, these will essentially be free rentals. Nice. 

Hmm, I may start going to Redbox for once, nice tip :)

Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#1756 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

I've been Gold for the last few years without using any promotional Gold access. The last thing I used was a 12-month code from Amazon.

Yet, it does not recognize me as Gold status.

I'd like to believe that it's just bugged, and will be fixed accordingly...

I also noticed refer-a-friend is broken, too.

Essentially, couldn't you leave your Xbox on overnight to guarantee you get the 10 hour minimum? Not everyone has 10 hours to put into a Redbox rental in the 1-2 days you have it for.

MLIFTgM.gif

#1757 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Hmm, I may start going to Redbox for once, nice tip :)

Make sure to sign up for their text message notifications. They only text you with codes for either a free DVD rental ($1.50 off a game rental) or a free game rental.

Essentially, couldn't you leave your Xbox on overnight to guarantee you get the 10 hour minimum? Not everyone has 10 hours to put into a Redbox rental in the 1-2 days you have it for.

Absolutely my plan. I normally only hit up a Redbox if I have a day off from work which allows me some extra time to play within that 2 day period. I'll roughly track my time on Raptr and just leave the box on to fill the remaining time.

#1758 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

Something else to keep in mind is the Bing Rewards program.  220 bing points (gold), 240 if not, get you a free 1 day game rental from Redbox.  So that's about a free rental every 2 weeks per account.  

#1759 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

New survey for October is up.

For anyone who picked up GTA5, have you gotten the 1,000 credits for playing 10 hours yet?  I don't have it, but I figure there are many, even among CAGs, who got it right away and put in well over 10 hours by now.  Their FAQ says "Some activities will display in the MyCredits progress bar and in MyStatement within 2 days. Others, like special offers, won't show up until the offer is over."  Curious if playing a game within a month of release is one of those activities.

#1760 Jaashuaa

Jaashuaa

Jeep! Jeep!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

I received mine on the day after release. (No Lifer)

518815.png

#1761 deadofnight

deadofnight

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

A new punchcard is up. It's for TV season passes. If you buy five TV season passes you get $10 back. Each season pass must be at least $10. The punchcard runs from November 1 to December 31.

Also, the apps punchcard and maps dlc punchcard say they run until November 30. I'm pretty sure that's an extension from previously running until only October 31.

#1762 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

Huh did the Grab a new Game section from Xbox Rewards disappear? Was going to play AC 4 a lot to get some credits but can't see it anymore...

#1763 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepherd of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

Huh did the Grab a new Game section from Xbox Rewards disappear? Was going to play AC 4 a lot to get some credits but can't see it anymore...

I remember seeing the expiration date on it earlier last week as October 31.

Twitter | Last.fm
Burning%20Karma.jpg

Let the water flow with shades of red now

Arrows black out all the light
Death is riding into town with armor

They've come to grant you your rights