Playstation Rewards program is back!

• Please log in to reply
4343 replies to this topic

#4291 hk1200

hk1200

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Kind of sad that this will be the last prize they're giving out. Also, they could've at least gone all out with the other goodies. The PS Vita cardboard and metal coins seem more like a child's play thing where you fit the coins in the slots.

By the way, is the cardboard the exact size of the Vita? I haven't held one and would like an idea of how it looks.

Nope, the cardboard is a little bigger.

Posted Image

Posted Image
http://www.youtube.c...r/HurriKane1200

Why would they tell me to please those that laugh in my face?

#4292 Raww

Raww

Special Agent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

Posted Image

Thanks for that pic. I was wondering the same thing...the cardboard one seemed a little too big.

#4293 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Posted Image

Nice, that was fast. Thanks for sharing!

#4294 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

Just got my stuff. Shot HP an email over the LBP, though im not sure if I'll get a reply.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#4295 betterdayz

betterdayz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

um how many coins did ppl get i got 5 coins 2 red

#4296 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Just the 4.

#4297 WakYasuk

WakYasuk

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

FedEx just decided not to knock at all and it says "Customer not available or business closed " on the tracking info. Wtf....I was sitting right there the entire time waiting for the delivery...now its gonna come on monday

#4298 Chemicalgamer01

Chemicalgamer01

Huge R&C fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

i just got my package early this morning. i got everything that everyone else got including the coins,the cup holder,UC3 and the standard edition of LBP2 i was hoping for the SE one but i can't complain,free games are free games XD so i'm happy c:

#4299 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

FedEx just decided not to knock at all and it says "Customer not available or business closed " on the tracking info. Wtf....I was sitting right there the entire time waiting for the delivery...now its gonna come on monday

I had USPS do that to me before while I was watching them out the window... I think it's for when they carrier thinks "I don't feel like walking to the door to possibly not be able to deliver." Needless to say I was pissed and gave the ladies at the PO an earful. :lol:

#4300 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

will amazon take these games for trade-in? do they care that the case and coverart have the barcode slashed?

Amazon might care but I've never had a problem trading them in to Gamestop. Not sure if Best Buy will take them.

#4301 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

I like how being disappointed with a "gift" makes you an asshole, but trading it in for far less than what it's worth makes you cool.

#4302 chimpian

chimpian

Now 10% more chimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

nice way to end the rewards program.
I was going to pick up Uncharted 3 anyway!
I am entirely happy for this program and would do it again in a heartbeat.

For those in from the beginning we have gotten about 15 PS3 games, lots of trinkets, a pint glass and a bunch of Little Big Planet swag that my son loves.

No complaints here :)
vivat grendel

Posted Image

#4303 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

I got 4 coins: 0 red, 2 blue, 1 silver, 1 gold
bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#4304 Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi

Persona 4 Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

for those of you wondering about the gifts

lbp2 is not the special edition, it is the old one with no dlc but has move support

the koozie is of course a beer cooler/holder

and the special collectors item is a cardboard playstation vita with holes for 5 coins, i got 1 y 1 b 1 r and 1 silver.

i already owned both of these games so i turned them into gamestop for 30 bucks (RIPOFF) lol.

hope that helps some of u

#4305 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

for those of you wondering about the gifts

lbp2 is not the special edition, it is the old one with no dlc but has move support

the koozie is of course a beer cooler/holder

and the special collectors item is a cardboard playstation vita with holes for 5 coins, i got 1 y 1 b 1 r and 1 silver.

i already owned both of these games so i turned them into gamestop for 30 bucks (RIPOFF) lol.

hope that helps some of u

You would've been better off throwing the games on Craigslist. Some posters received around $45-$50 on CL from some of the games.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#4306 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

So I got a VERY interesting email from Houseparty.

Posted Image

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#4307 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Posted Image

I would think they just broke up CEs and sent them out in pieces...Didn't they basically give away the contents of the CEs?

#4308 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

I would think they just broke up CEs and sent them out in pieces...Didn't they basically give away the contents of the CEs?

They gave everything but the box and DLC. However, this seems unlikely. The littlebigplanet 2 CE was the rarest of the Sony CE's last year. In fact, it only received a price drop on Newegg and this long after release. Furthermore, 7-11 gave away the bookends and plushes as part of their slurpee point program.

#4309 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

That'd be pretty damn awesome if we got a replacement copy of the SE and got to keep our original copies as well.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4310 thekid490

thekid490

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Posted Image

what did your email say that you sent to them? Cause i didn't get one of these emails.

also... did anyone else's game barcodes come with a slash through them or just mine? Kinda odd i thought!

#4311 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

also... did anyone else's game barcodes come with a slash through them or just mine? Kinda odd i thought!

They all do, it's to stop people from reselling the games. Although it's kinda obvious from this thread that it doesn't work.

#4312 hk1200

hk1200

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

what did your email say that you sent to them? Cause i didn't get one of these emails.

If you look back through the pages, he had e-mailed them earlier in the period to see if it was the CE of LBP2 and they had said yes, so he asked if it was an error on their part or Sony's and bada bing bada boom there's the result. And yes, all of the games (except I think for one month where our games were slash free) have slashes on the UPC.

Posted Image

#4313 Teujip

Teujip

Once upon a CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

They all do, it's to stop people from reselling the games. Although it's kinda obvious from this thread that it doesn't work.

Indeed. My copy of LBP2 had a small punchhole in it, though. First time I've seen that
Posted Image

#4314 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

If you look back through the pages, he had e-mailed them earlier in the period to see if it was the CE of LBP2 and they had said yes, so he asked if it was an error on their part or Sony's and bada bing bada boom there's the result. And yes, all of the games (except I think for one month where our games were slash free) have slashes on the UPC.

With the exception of the fact its the special edition (which is basically the GOTY, not the CE), this is correct.

#4315 hk1200

hk1200

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

With the exception of the fact its the special edition (which is basically the GOTY, not the CE), this is correct.

Apologies! Confused the CE ad the SE.

Posted Image

#4316 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

It be cool if they do send us the SE edition also, but I'm not counting on it. Do you think we'll ever get what the Modnation Racers Beta was? The Resistance games more than enough make up for not getting it, but in the e-mail, it just said that it was delayed not canceled.

#4317 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

It be cool if they do send us the SE edition also, but I'm not counting on it. Do you think we'll ever get what the Modnation Racers Beta was? The Resistance games more than enough make up for not getting it, but in the e-mail, it just said that it was delayed not canceled.

I don't see why the Fuck not... but just because the beta wasn't out in 2 weeks is no reason to think or assume it's never going to happen.

#4318 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

The slashed barcode is not to stop you from reselling/trading it as a used game to somebody else. It is to stop a store clerk from accepting it as a return. As in you took the game to the customer service/returns desk of [insert store name here] and said, "I got this as a gift, but I don't want this game. Can I exchange it for another game?"

All of my games except the Resistance Dual Pack had a slashed barcode.
bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#4319 WilliamRLBaker

WilliamRLBaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

yeah resistance dual pack was the only one I know of that didn't have a burnt bar code area.

I will sell em regardless on glyde once I've gotten my fun out of em.

#4320 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Got my package yesterday afternoon. Definitely sad to see the program go, but was happy with all of the great prizes that we have received over the past year. Oorah! :applause:
Btw, I seemed to get a normal set of all matching coins, aka one of each proper color.