Playstation Rewards program is back!

femmebot33

CAGiversary!
NOTE TO NEW MEMBERS: This program is no longer active. It may return at some point in the future, as it did return from a several-month hiatus in 2011, but we currently do not know either way whether Sony is planning to bring the program back again.

For those of you unfamiliar with houseparty.com, this is not a party you actually have to host. It's an after-party. There are challenges to complete and at the end of the month you get a prize (or several) according to the points you earn.

How to join in on the fun:
  • If you haven't in the past; make an account for Houseparty.
  • Head to the PSRewards page and click the yellow banner prompting you to join this afterparty.
  • Finally apply to join the party. You will need a PSN ID to join!
To earn points the following tasks need to be completed:

• Upload a photo
  • Add a PartyTalk Post
  • Comment on a Sponsored Post
  • Comment on a PartyTalk Post
  • Vote in a poll
Current point totals can be seen here

The following is a guide on how to complete each task and what the minimal is.

Upload a photo:
Head to My Party page and click the first link in the green box. It should take you here. From here upload two pictures and you will get all your points. *Note* using the link I provided might not work as each person has a unique party ID.

Add a PartyTalk Post:
Go here and make a topic. To get all the points you will need to make 3 topics total.

Comment on a Sponsored Post:
You need to reply to Sony's topics. These will appear to the right on the "My Party" page. Post 3 replies and you're done. In the event you cant find this post its also located here. try this link if previous doesn't work

Comment on a PartyTalk Post:
Head here and reply to whatever topics you wish. Only 3 replies are needed for all the points.

Vote in a poll:
Scroll down to the bottom and vote for something. Some polls have exact answers which you can find by clicking "View Results". You need to answer every poll for maximum points!

All information listed above is for each period! So once a new period starts you will need to do the same tasks the same number of times. Each period is worth a maximum of 330 points.

Periods (and maximum total if all tasks completed):

Tier Rewards (March 2012):

• 0 – 661 points: PlayStation® Koozie
  • 662 – 1000 points: PlayStation® Collector’s Item & PlayStation® Koozie
  • 1001+ points: UNCHARTED 3 PS3 game, LittleBIGPlanet2 PS3 game, PlayStation® Collector’s Item & PlayStation® Koozie
List of Previous Rewards:
Due to the changing of point and challenge system, the actually point totals for each tier is irrelevant.

Rewards:

(February 2012)
0 – 660 points: Jak and Daxter Poster
661 – 1000 points: Jak and Daxter Poster and ModNation™ Racers Beta
1001+ points: Jak and Daxter Poster, ModNation™ Racers Beta and MLB® 12: The Show™ Game
*Bonus: Due to a delay with the Modnation™ Racers Beta, also given Resistance Greatest Hits Dual Pack Game.

(January 2012):
0 – 331 points: PlayStation® USB car charger
332 – 661 points: PlayStation® mini tool set light with LED light
662 – 990 points: Jak and Daxter Collection game

(December 2011):
0 – 660 points: LittleBigPlanet 2 Plush
661 – 1000 points: LittleBigPlanet 2 Bookends
1001+ points: LittleBigPlanet 2 Plush, LittleBigPlanet 2 Bookends and Gran Turismo 5XL game for the PS3™

(November 2011):
0 – 660 points: Playstation® Move Demo Disc Volume 2
661 – 1000 points: Playstation® Move Demo Disc Volume 2 and the Carnival Island™ game for the PS3
1001+ points: Playstation® Move Demo Disc Volume 2 and the Carnival Island™ game for the PS3™ and the Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest™ game for the PS3™

(October 2011):
0 – 660 points: Cool NBA 2K12 poster plus
661 – 1000 points: An awesome basketball freebie
1001+ points: Everybody Dance™ game for the PS3™ plus a chance to win 1 of 100 copies of the NBA 2K12 game for the PS3™

(September 2011):
0 – 330 Points: PS3™ branded football item
331 – 660 Points: Virtual downloadable content
660+ Points: Virtual downloadable content, plus 100 people can randomly win a copy of Madden NFL 12 for the PS3™

(August 2011):
0 – 330 Points: Ratchet & Clank® swag
331 – 660 Points: Ratchet & Clank® swag and Ratchet & Clank®: A Crack in Time game
661+ Points: Ratchet & Clank® swag, Ratchet & Clank®: A Crack in Time game and a free download of the beta demo for Ratchet & Clank®: All 4 One.

(July 2011):
0 – 445 Points: PlayStation®Move Ape Escape™ Poster
446 – 990 Points: PlayStation®Move Ape Escape™ Poster and PlayStation®Move Ape Escape™ Full Game Download

(June 2011):
0 – 675 Points: inFAMOUS™2 Facebook credits
676 – 1100 Points: inFAMOUS™2 Facebook credits and PS3™ aviator sunglasses
1101 – 1320 Points: inFAMOUS™2 Facebook credits, PS3™ aviator sunglasses and an action-packed summer PS3™ game

(May 2011):
0 – 330 Points: MotorStorm Apocalypse poster
331 – 990 Points: PlayStation Move Heroes game and a Mayhem prize package (Prize package included Motorstorm Apocalypse poster, lighted PS3 bracelet and PS3 keychain)

(April 2011):
$1 MLB 11 The Show Weekly Challenge Credit
$5 MLB 11 The Show Weekly Challenge Credit
MLB 11 The Show (Bonus: Motorstorm Apocalypse)

(January 2011):
Fairy Costume (Playstation Home Virtual Item)
Jukebox (Infamous Music, Playstation Home Virtual Item)
LittleBigPlanet 2

Special "New Years Eve Party" for a select 400 members:
Included in the party pack: New Years Cups, New Years Hats, New Year's Noise Makers, Playstation Glow Sticks, Singstar Dance Bundle, Sports Champions, The Shoot, 2x Move Remotes, 1x PS Eye, 2x 12 pack of Coca-Cola coupons

(December 2010):
Pyromancy Cauldron (Playstation Home Virtual Item)
The Shoot
Gun Attachments (originally noted as plural, but only one was sent out)(Bonus: Kung-Fu Rider given due to delay in delivery)

(November 2010):
Dynamic Yule Log Theme
High Velocity Bowling Add-On Content
High Velocity Bowling (retail release)

(October 2010):
Sport's Champions Dynamic Theme
Sport's Champions Unlock-All

FAQ:

Q: Do you need to get more than the minimal for the top tier?
A: No, but it isn't much more effort to do the extra work.

Q: How do you get more than 330?
A: Each week as listed above under "Periods" have a maximum payout of 330. You can not get more than 330 until the next period.

Q: Can you help with ___ challenge?
A: Challenges are optional extra tasks you can do. They list some confusing elements like the "Blog", but its not required for the prize. If you're worried about this you CAN still hit the top tier without doing every task.

Q: Can you get rejected from the program?
A: Yes and several CAG members have been. Applying isn't an automatic in, but some did have luck randomly on a later date.

Q: After this month do I need to reapply?
A: Once you're in the program you're in. If it goes another month you'll be ready to earn points from the start. It's not currently known how long this year's will go though.

Q: Do they tell you when your package ships?
A: They do not. HouseParty mentions a time frame (i.e. "Shipping this week!") but you aren't given specific tracking numbers. They use UPS or FedEx; so your packages should arrive pretty soon after shipping.

Q: I don't seem to be getting points, but I'm doing the tasks?
A: Points come with a slight delay. HouseParty says you should be credited within an hour, but there have been instances where points weren't credited until hours, or in extreme cases, days later.

Q: What does "Inactive Finalist" mean?
A: It appears to mean you're in, but your account is not currently active. In a few days you should be able to gain posts though.

Prize FAQ:

Q: How do I track my Prize Package?
A: Go to this link

- Leave Account No. empty

- In Enter Reference(big box), enter Promo520

- Ship Date can be anytime recent as it will range it +/- 15 days, so today's date works.

- Zipcode: Put your zipcode

It should then give you the results. If it does not, it probably means there are multiple people in your area receiving a prize package.

Q: How do I contact HouseParty to find the status of my Prize Package shipment?
A: Be patient, most prizes arrive around the same time. So when CAGs start posting they got theirs, yours shouldn't be far behind. If you're impatient, you can ask for the status by sending an email to [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
So how do you register? I tried going through the "Join House Party!" link, but after submitting my email it just gave me a "Congratulations. You'll be the first to know about new House Party Events open for application." page, that says at the bottom:

"* Until you apply to host a House Party Event, or are invited to one as a guest, you are not able to log into the site. Once you've been accepted as either a host or guest you will be asked to register, which involves choosing a username and password so that you can access your personal party website and manage your profile. Until then, good luck!"

So how do you register? I tried going through the "Join House Party!" link, but after submitting my email it just gave me a "Congratulations. You'll be the first to know about new House Party Events open for application." page, that says at the bottom

Cheapskate you signed up for party notifications. You have to use the green box at the right side of the page with the ipod and camera. There's a button that says Get Started, that will take you to the registration page and sweepstakes entry.

all i got was...

"Active Applicant

Your application was received on Friday, April 15 2011 and is now under review.
You will be notified by email of your status on or around Sunday, May 8. Good luck!"

[quote name='admiralvic']all i got was...

"Active Applicant

Your application was received on Friday, April 15 2011 and is now under review.
You will be notified by email of your status on or around Sunday, May 8. Good luck!"[/QUOTE]

I got the same thing. So will it actually take till May 8 to receive the results?

I'd suggest NOT missing out on the chance to get in on this year if you weren't immediately accepted/transferred over to this year. Thus far it seems like House Party has taken a lot of the key suggestions from the community to heart and have improved the source of the biggest complaints. If this month is any indication, here are some notable changes:

Point tracking has been fixed and more user friendly. There is a chart with what you've earned this week, total points earned, challenges which are not complete/complete and how many days are left to complete the week's challenge.

Point tracking is more accurate, not facing some of the major glitches from the past like the polls not registering.

Prizes will likely continue the trend from the end of the program and feature a solid balance of online benefits as well as retail games.

Unfortunately, due to the ease of gaining points... the system is still spam friendly so the community that the program tries to build is not really building much of a community, just prize hounds... which is okay in small numbers. Also, the "Party Talk" is still not very optimized (should be an itemized format imo)... but that being said.

For those of you who are just signing up and got a May period, don't worry. When the people I told about this program signed up, they had a long period like that too, but was either accepted 1) the week before the current month ended or 2) the week after next month started, but there was never any rhyme or reason to which one. I would view the May 8th date as a likely/maximum date, since it would preclude from this month and take a significant point chunk out of next month.

[quote name='dyeknom']
For those of you who are just signing up and got a May period, don't worry. When the people I told about this program signed up, they had a long period like that too, but was either accepted 1) the week before the current month ended or 2) the week after next month started, but there was never any rhyme or reason to which one. I would view the May 8th date as a likely/maximum date, since it would preclude from this month and take a significant point chunk out of next month.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!

I signed up and am now playing the waiting game.

For those of you who are just signing up and got a May period, don't worry. When the people I told about this program signed up, they had a long period like that too, but was either accepted 1) the week before the current month ended or 2) the week after next month started, but there was never any rhyme or reason to which one. I would view the May 8th date as a likely/maximum date, since it would preclude from this month and take a significant point chunk out of next month.

Thanks for this info dyeknom. I wouldn't have known this because the people I tell think it's too good to be true and don't sign up. *your loss*

Unfortunately, due to the ease of gaining points... the system is still spam friendly so the community that the program tries to build is not really building much of a community, just prize hounds... which is okay in small numbers. Also, the "Party Talk" is still not very optimized (should be an itemized format imo)... but that being said

While that's true, I'm hoping that the introduction of more CAGs in the community will make it better. Simply because we're serious knowledgeable gamers. Lord knows I couldn't stand all the whiners.

So I got in today. How do I earn 330 points a week? 18x3 for the poll and 30 for each other thingie. And do I post them to my own afterparty? How do I know I got the points?

I also got in today, but I'm retarded, and have no idea, what to do next...
Just kind of got in went *YEY!*
And left abruptly...

That website is a hot mess. I can't even see the poll at the bottom of the page they're referring to. I'll stick with it till next month, maybe there'll be a game I care about.

[quote name='chakan']That website is a hot mess. I can't even see the poll at the bottom of the page they're referring to. I'll stick with it till next month, maybe there'll be a game I care about.[/QUOTE]

Well, seeing how they did it last year, each month will be about promoting the next big 1st party game, with splits leaning casual/family.

So I imagine there'll be Uncharted 3, Infamous 2... others.

I got in. Just went through and did everything I can to get the most points for the next two days. I'll check it again in a couple days to hopefully get enough for a copy of MLB The Show.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I didn't get accepted...huh...[/QUOTE]

Did they actually reject you or have you just not yet been accepted?

Awesome, just checked my email and I got in. :D

I'm a little confused as to what to do next though. So, if I get the amount of points required for MLB 11, do I automatically win it? Or do I have to use those points to redeem it? If it's the latter, I might as well wait til next month seeing as I already have 10 and 11 isn't that much of an improvement. Any insight on what to do next would be much appreciated.

This is my first time doing this so nothing I say is 100% but this is what I've picked up so far:

You just need to earn the points, not redeem them. I think after this month or period or whatever you start getting new points for a new prize.

If you are wondering how to get points, go to your specific party page and scroll down. On the left hand side there will be tasks for you to do such as 'comment on a sponsored post,' 'create your own post,' etc. You do these for points. However, the points will not update immediately. I had to wait about 30 minutes before they were credited. Hope this helps. Good luck to you all.

Is it possible to get points for certain things that have to do with MLB 11 even if you don't have the game?

For example, take a picture of your family playing MLB 11: The Show? I'm trying to win it dammit.

Also, I think it'd be wise for us CAGs to possibly invite each other to our parties. Just a thought.

[quote name='Tsel']Is it possible to get points for certain things that have to do with MLB 11 even if you don't have the game?

For example, take a picture of your family playing MLB 11: The Show? I'm trying to win it dammit.

Also, I think it'd be wise for us CAGs to possibly invite each other to our parties. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]
Demo maybe

I'm not really sure but it doesn't seem like you would need to do that. I already have around 250 points and there seems to be two more weeks after this one putting me around 750 points, enough for MLB. Again, I don't really know for sure though.

[quote name='CONMAN999']I'm not really sure but it doesn't seem like you would need to do that. I already have around 250 points and there seems to be two more weeks after this one putting me around 750 points, enough for MLB. Again, I don't really know for sure though.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even realize I was talking to you on there. Lol.

[quote name='betterdayz']how do i Comment on a Sponsored Post i cant find one[/QUOTE]
I don't know if there is another way of going about it, but the way I do it goes like this:

At the top, click 'Party Central', then click 'Party Talk' underneath that. From there you can see something like 258 conversations. There is a little drop down box right beside that that says 'All Conversations'. Simply click it and select 'Sponsored Conversations'.

[quote name='CONMAN999']Did they actually reject you or have you just not yet been accepted?[/QUOTE]

"This program is all about using the PS3™ to take back family time and many great parents requested to join. Unfortunately, you were not chosen to participate this time. Please note that your dashboard status for this event may continue to indicate "Active Applicant" even though you are no longer eligible to host this event. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!"

[quote name='M3wThr33']Anybody want to break down how 330 points is possible when I only have like 144 points to get this week?[/QUOTE]

Upload 3 photos for a total of 60 points.
Add 3 PartyTalk posts for a total of 90 points.
Comment on 3 sponsored posts for a total of 90 points.
Comment on 3 PartyTalk posts for a total of 36 points.
Answer all 3 poll questions correctly for a total of 54 points.

60 + 90 + 90 + 36 + 54 = 330.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']"This program is all about using the PS3™ to take back family time and many great parents requested to join. Unfortunately, you were not chosen to participate this time. Please note that your dashboard status for this event may continue to indicate "Active Applicant" even though you are no longer eligible to host this event. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!"[/QUOTE]

Ouch. I wonder why you didn't get accepted?

[quote name='Tsel']Upload 3 photos for a total of 60 points.
Add 3 PartyTalk posts for a total of 90 points.
Comment on 3 sponsored posts for a total of 90 points.
Comment on 3 PartyTalk posts for a total of 36 points.
Answer all 3 poll questions correctly for a total of 54 points.

60 + 90 + 90 + 36 + 54 = 330.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. This needs to be in the op. When does the week rollover, by the way? Saturday night? Monday?

[quote name='M3wThr33']Thank you. This needs to be in the op. When does the week rollover, by the way? Saturday night? Monday?[/QUOTE]

Well, it says Period Ends April 21, 2011 11:59 PM EDT, so I'm assuming that's when the first week ends.

Just signed up, said May 15 for application accept/reject. Would love to get in for easy rewards program and great prizes. OP said he got a move and a whole bunch of stuff, wow, for not very much time invested this sounds great. And a cool avatar thing too right?

[quote name='nakanenui']Just signed up, said May 15 for application accept/reject. Would love to get in for easy rewards program and great prizes. OP said he got a move and a whole bunch of stuff, wow, for not very much time invested this sounds great. And a cool avatar thing too right?[/QUOTE]

That was for previous House Parties. Right now it looks like the best prize you can get is a copy of MLB: The Show 2011.

Ok I signed up, we'll see how it goes.

I'm a little confused about the prizes...first two are for add-ons to the MLB game...and the higher prize is the actual game. Wouldn't it seem logical that most people who are trying to get the game would have no use for the first two prizes and maybe something else should be offered?

[quote name='captaintek3304']Ok I signed up, we'll see how it goes.

I'm a little confused about the prizes...first two are for add-ons to the MLB game...and the higher prize is the actual game. Wouldn't it seem logical that most people who are trying to get the game would have no use for the first two prizes and maybe something else should be offered?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, the first two aren't actually add-ons for the game, but rather some sort of contest entry. There's a FAQ somewhere, but the site is so messy, I doubt I'll ever be able to find it again.

[quote name='Tsel']From what I understand, the first two aren't actually add-ons for the game, but rather some sort of contest entry. There's a FAQ somewhere, but the site is so messy, I doubt I'll ever be able to find it again.[/QUOTE]

The "Challenge of the Week" is MLB 11's in-game micro-transaction money-making machine. It's a batter vs. pitcher matchup where you're tasked to string together hits (and other specific goals) to rack up the most points. The weekly winner wins whatever the prize is. There is also a monthly prize. You get one free try per week and any subsequent tries are $.25 (like old arcade machines). It's pretty crazy to check the leaderboards and see how many attempts some people are making.

It is weird that the main prize is the game you need to be able to use either of the two lesser prizes.

[quote name='SmashMan']It is weird that the main prize is the game you need to be able to use either of the two lesser prizes.[/QUOTE]
I know, right? To earn the maximum number of points, you have to take pictures of your family playing the game, which seems really silly if you're earning the points so you can get a copy of the damn thing!

bread's done
Back