Welcome to the new CAG Forums!*READ ME FIRST* To do list & requests taken inside...

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
:whistle2:D Welcome!

If you are reading this it means you one of the first to see the new CAG forums.
Of course it will take some time to get full functionality restored, so I ask for your patience.

The work on the forums is by no means complete.
I wanted to get the forums back to the CAG community ASAP so please bear with me while I attempt to get to the huge pile of work that needs to be done.

Here are the some of the more interesting new features, most of which are accessable from your User CP:

1) Buddy/Ignore Lists
2) Greatly improved thread subscription features
3) Better PM management
4) Improved search
5) Rate threads (10 ratings are needed before the icons appear on the forum)
6) Users (with 1000+) can edit their title in User CP
7) eBay style trading feedback (coming soon)
8) Enhanced posting interface (selectible in User CP)

There will likely be a few issues that spring up and I will keep a list of them here:

1) All your old PMs transered over, but they are all your Inbox. Now is the time for some spring cleaning.
2) It seems the PM email notification may be defaulted to off on your profile.
3) Fix front page latest msg board posts (restore old format)
4) Move jumpbox higher on the page
5) Tweak colors
6) Tweak spacing/layout
7) Integrate navigation from previous forum
8) Clean up smilies and post icons
9) Restore automatic link/image (game box art) converter
10) Fix weird Google Ads scrolling thing (Firefox problem only)
11) Slowness on some IE browsers
12) Database issues
13) Investigate quoting options
14) limit text pop up to when you mouse over the actual links

OMFG first post!

But seriously... Sorry for (semi) spoiling the "surprise" in the chat room. I like the new interface and, ocne it is completed, it should be fantastic. Great work, Cheapy (and anyone that may have helped)!

EDIT: The "Enter the Forums" link on the main site still doesn't go here. You probably already know that, but I wanted to mention it just in case.

I dont like how you have to hit the quick reply button to quick reply... cant it be enabled by default?

I know its only one click, but do you know how many times I click here to begin with?

And where are our colors? =D

I do like the popup for PMs tho... but it doesnt like the popup blocker for firefox

Oooo, looks nice. It'll take awhile to get used to the changes, but they certainly look to be for the better.
I love the numbered posts!

[quote name='Ugamer_X'](he-he, I guess that filter hasn't been implemeted yet.)

...Just testing the filter

BTW, are we going to get our clan forum back?[/QUOTE]

Yes...soon...busy.

I miss the old look...but I'll adjust. I'm also seeing a lack of smiley panel, something that I enjoyed abusing.

Beyond that, it's great. Very nice, Cheapy.

Out of curiosity, is the disappearance of the post counts intentional?

Love the new look... everything is pretty easy to find. I especially love the new format of the PM box. Kudos.

[quote name='gizmogc']YES! This is my FAVORITE FEATURE!!!![/QUOTE]

The one thing I noticed is that if someone quoted a person on your ignore list, they will show in the quote. But at least the original will be blocked.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Bye bye DenisDFat, lol. There, I said it.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thank you very much for reminding me of this new feature. I have just bid adieu to DDF as well. All is well with the cosmos.

I liked the semi-amatuer old forums better...very down to earth and simple...but that's the past and I'm in the minority.

-Monopoly Men should return (I was about to achieve 5)

-Post counts should return (I liked knowing if person X was new and needed guidance on how things ran or person Y had been here for over a year and deserved some internet respect)

-Where do I go to see all of my old posts? I can't seem to find the new "View Your Posts" link

-The quick reply double click was much more quick with just clicking the text box, out of habit I'd like to see it return.

-Every post now seems to be huge...This may be just because of the way each post is seperated into sections... Still looks too big though...

-Text in the sig. looks exactly like a reply...there should be some way to diferentiate between the two.

-Make the forums unique again, they look very similar to many other message boards on the net. Just bring back some of the CAG flavor that I mentioned before and whatever else that made the last place so special.

That's all for now and I'll mention more constructive points whenever one pops up.

[quote name='rywateska']I liked the semi-amatuer old forums better...very down to earth and simple...but that's the past and I'm in the minority.

-Post counts should return (I liked knowing if person X was new and needed guidance on how things ran or person Y had been here for over a year and deserved some internet respect)[/QUOTE]I agree with pretty much everything but that. You can still see post counts by clicking on their name, if it's that important to know if someone's a n00b. :wink:

I agree with pretty much everything but that. You can still see post counts by clicking on their name, if it's that important to know if someone's a n00b. :wink:

Post counts are important, IMO because of the reasons stated above. If you think you are super cool based on thousands of posts then whatever floats your boat...

Wow! Crazy new look. I miss the old board, but I'll get used to it.

Glad post counts are just in the profiles. They were unnecessary.

What happens if someone who is on your block list actually starts a thread? Will the thread be readable? Just curious.

All in all, very exciting! Great job!

[quote name='moiety']Wow! Crazy new look. I miss the old board, but I'll get used to it.

Glad post counts are just in the profiles. They were unnecessary.

What happens if someone who is on your block list actually starts a thread? Will the thread be readable? Just curious.

All in all, very exciting! Great job![/QUOTE]
Try it. Block someone who's started a thread, and see if you can access it or not.

I agree with pretty much everything but that. You can still see post counts by clicking on their name, if it's that important to know if someone's a n00b. :wink:
Well there are still titles you can go by and one of them says Newbie.

Also, it seems like the time zone got reset.

I like the new WSIWYG editor for posting and being able to change the number of posts per page.

bread's done
Back