Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/17/11 to 4/23/11)

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#61 URABAHN

URABAHN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

Earlier, someone said you only earn Gamers Club promotions when you pay in cash. That is incorrect.

#62 Erathaol

Erathaol

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

Found the 10% coupon and it says it excludes Video Game Hardware, not sure if you could convince management to make an exception on the Socom 4 Move Bundle. I'm pretty sure it also wouldn't stack with the $30 dollars off another game but it couldn't hurt to try.

http://dealspl.us/bestbuy-coupons

#63 naf

naf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:13 PM

Found the 10% coupon and it says it excludes Video Game Hardware, not sure if you could convince management to make an exception on the Socom 4 Move Bundle. I'm pretty sure it also wouldn't stack with the $30 dollars off another game but it couldn't hurt to try.

http://dealspl.us/bestbuy-coupons

Don't believe it will be an issue at all as those items are considered 'accessories' and not hardware. They won't let you use it on a PS3, 360, wii, etc....but virtually everything else is fair game.

Anyone have the site for the RZsilver coupons? or text instructions to get them sent to me? Thanks

#64 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:17 PM

Anyone else find it odd that the DSi & DSi XL have a spot in the ad, but not the 3DS?

The 3ds is selling but I assume not up to expectations of Nintendo and retailers. Or it's just a random ad to put the spotlight on the dsi -xl models.

#65 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

1-The 10% off coupon won't stack w/any of the offers $10 giftcard or $30 off. It would require a managers overide that would negate both the $10 giftcard & $30 off promo.

2-The coupon WILL work on the socom 4 bundle as it's a LE "game bundle" not considered hardware but see # 1^^. If you don't buy during this promo you will be able to purchase using the coupon for next month but right now the deal is better $10 giftcard, $10 pre-order bonus & $10 for spending $150 on gaming vs saving $15 but if you want them to overide the giftcard offer & take the coupon off they probably will.

3-BB will pm BB.com $54.99 but you need to printout the $54.99 or show the price online at the time you p/u your purchase. This will not effect the giftcard offer but they may need to manually overide for the $30 off. I'll post the info on the BB forums page so Kyle and/Allan can alert the stores directly & anyone can just print there confirmation right of the forums page.

4-Yes, you get the $10 giftcard even if you pre-ordered online for in-store p/u.

Serpentor
Very YMMV check #13

Edited by Enuf, 14 April 2011 - 08:28 PM.

#66 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:37 PM

Anyone know if the Portal 2 $10 gift card is only for the consoles? I hope it's for the PC version too!!

#67 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

So I just pre-ordered Portal 2 on BestBuy.com with in store pickup as the delivery option. When I go to the store on Tuesday, will I also get the $10 gift card deal? Has anyone used in store pickup on a pre-order before, I'm curious what to expect.

edit: Looks like naf and I have the same question. :)

Wondering the same thing. I preordered MK for w/Sub-Zero skin online for in-store pick up. I'm wondering the same thing about my $10 GC.

Now Playing:  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (27) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:   :ps4: inFamous: First Light

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#68 speleofool

speleofool

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

Fine print on Best Buy's 500 bonus points for Portal 2: Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy Gift Card(s) or reward certificate(s).

Great, so I have all these rewards certificates sitting around from a TV purchase, but if I use them on Portal I lose out on $10 (well, $20, actually, since I'm getting 2 copies). And if I shell out cash instead I get ... more rewards certificates. Weaksauce.

I suppose I could just use my certificates on MS Points--it's getting tougher all the time to find any kind of deal on those.

#69 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

Fine print on Best Buy's 500 bonus points for Portal 2: Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy Gift Card(s) or reward certificate(s).

Great, so I have all these rewards certificates sitting around from a TV purchase, but if I use them on Portal I lose out on $10 (well, $20, actually, since I'm getting 2 copies). And if I shell out cash instead I get ... more rewards certificates. Weaksauce.

I suppose I could just use my certificates on MS Points--it's getting tougher all the time to find any kind of deal on those.

Just buy amazon kindle gift cards (which are just regular amazon gift cards) and then preorder from amazon :)

#70 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:15 PM

I've got a question -- Does the Final Fantasy IV Complete collection for PSP appear in the ad (even if its MSRP?)

I've a $10 dollar cert I need to burn before april is up and I was going to use it on that, but its not appearing on Bestbuy's website for ordering (Dissidia Duodecim didn't either until the sunday before, however)

#71 speleofool

speleofool

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:24 PM

I'm having second thoughts on what the fine print really means. Here's the entire thing:

Limit 3 copies per offer, maximum 1500 bonus points. Reward Zone® program members cannot earn bonus points in combination with other promotional points offers. Bonus points (as defined in the applicable rules) will not be multiplied. Members earn these bonus points in addition to points earned as part of the standard Reward Zone program. Items must be purchased on same receipt. Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy Gift Card(s) or reward certificate(s). Points are not awarded for instant and mail-in rebates; promotional gift card offers; Best Buy Gift Card redemptions; sales tax, state fees, shipping charges, delivery charges and restocking fees; prior purchases; Outlet Center items; special order, clearance, demo and open-box items. Valid at BestBuy.com and Best Buy stores in the U.S.A.; excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. Games must be pre-ordered by 4/18/11, and purchased between 4/19/11 and 4/24/11.

Maybe what it really means is I get the 500 bonus points for doing the pre-order no matter how I pay, but I will only accumulate regular RZ points for any portion of the purchase that boils down to me forking over new cash.

Can anyone else confirm how this is supposed to work? And if I pre-order this weekend (17th or 18th) so I fall within the window of the $10 gift card offer as well, what kind of hoops do I have to jump through to get that as well?

I'm starting to think jdb230 has the right idea with just transferring my business to Amazon via gift card purchases. At least their deal is less convoluted. I miss the days where either Best Buy or Circuit City would just cut $15 or $20 off the price on launch day. I don't want to spend more time & energy gaming my purchase than I do actually playing what I buy!

#72 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:33 PM

Dragon Quest VI for $27? Lowest price yet...

I need a new signature.

#73 Jhriad

Jhriad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

What ever happened to the coupons you used to be able to get via the gamers club section on the reward zone website? Those all get moved to the Gamer magazine?

#74 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:16 PM

I'm having second thoughts on what the fine print really means. Here's the entire thing:

Maybe what it really means is I get the 500 bonus points for doing the pre-order no matter how I pay, but I will only accumulate regular RZ points for any portion of the purchase that boils down to me forking over new cash.

Can anyone else confirm how this is supposed to work? And if I pre-order this weekend (17th or 18th) so I fall within the window of the $10 gift card offer as well, what kind of hoops do I have to jump through to get that as well?

Really simple Socom 4 pre-order,
You MUST pay for the PRE-ORDER w/anything other than BB giftcard or RZ certs. This will get you the pre-order bonus. You can pay for the other $55 ANY way you like, they just won't give you RZ and/or gamer club points on the amount you pay w/BB giftcards or RZ certs("double dipping"). You can pre-order the game up until Monday night in store or online.

Posts #10 & 19 explains the pre-order process in store. It took me 10 minutes total to pre-order portal 2 & MK in store including standing in line.

#75 FrankySox

FrankySox

4 more than Lebron

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:26 PM

Is "Masters Golf" the new Tiger Woods for the Wii?
CAREER STATS: 521 HR, .301 BA, .419 OBP, 2 MVPs, 0 STEROIDS
Posted Image Posted Image

#76 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

What ever happened to the coupons you used to be able to get via the gamers club section on the reward zone website? Those all get moved to the Gamer magazine?

Yup, since that stupid magazine started they stopped posting coupons to the website.

#77 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:40 PM

4-Yes, you get the $10 giftcard even if you pre-ordered online for in-store p/u.

Awesome, thanks!

#78 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:47 PM

Yup, since that stupid magazine started they stopped posting coupons to the website.

Did we have to use our RZ cards in order to use the coupons? It's been a long time since we had them. If not, my guess would be this was a response to people using the coupons that were RZ members.

#79 Taborcarn

Taborcarn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:19 PM

Hmm, WWE All-Stars for less than MSRP. Might have to pick it up.

#80 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:26 AM

Dragon Quest VI for $27? Lowest price yet...

Amazon Lightning Deal'd it for $25 a few weeks back, actually. Other than that, though, I think you're right.
Posted Image

#81 GetGAME

GetGAME

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:57 AM

Somewhat OT, but does anyone have this ad scanned? Or else, where would I find this?

#82 neverletthem

neverletthem

is all out of gum.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:26 AM

Anyone know if the Portal 2 $10 gift card is only for the consoles? I hope it's for the PC version too!!

Curious about this as well, anybody know?

#83 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:43 AM

Really simple Socom 4 pre-order,
You MUST pay for the PRE-ORDER w/anything other than BB giftcard or RZ certs. This will get you the pre-order bonus. You can pay for the other $55 ANY way you like, they just won't give you RZ and/or gamer club points on the amount you pay w/BB giftcards or RZ certs("double dipping"). You can pre-order the game up until Monday night in store or online.

Posts #10 & 19 explains the pre-order process in store. It took me 10 minutes total to pre-order portal 2 & MK in store including standing in line.

I think in-store the preorder options stop the day before release. I think you can preorder in store up till Sunday.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#84 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:59 AM

You guys think that Best Buy will also have TE/KEs available on Tuesday?

#85 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:17 AM

I think in-store the preorder options stop the day before release. I think you can preorder in store up till Sunday.

Post #44 has the BB fine print in bold pre-order by 4/18 game releases on 4/19. I've jumped on pre-orders last minute before never had a problem.

You'll be able to get a copy of the circular in early edition Sunday paper tonight that's what I do.

Edited by Enuf, 15 April 2011 - 09:35 PM.

#86 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:53 AM

Portal 2 is $45 360/PS3 and $35 PC right now online for preorder, store pickup on Tuesday available. Also includes the $10 RZ Cert after 35 days.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#87 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

seems like a lot of hassle at BB... after tax how much of a deal are you really getting compared to amazons 149.99 tax free edition? (socom)

#88 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:32 PM

Portal 2 is $45 360/PS3 and $35 PC right now online for preorder, store pickup on Tuesday available. Also includes the $10 RZ Cert after 35 days.

Don't forget the $10 GC when you pick it up.

#89 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

seems like a lot of hassle at BB... after tax how much of a deal are you really getting compared to amazons 149.99 tax free edition? (socom)

Not everyone is tax free from Amazon and even if Amazon don't collect tax from you, it doesn't mean you're free from reporting the sales tax to your state on your behalf. Amazon don't have a 10% off and BB does and instant gratification or store return/exchange beats release day shipping.

#90 ryne candy

ryne candy

Duck Duck Duck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:42 PM

Is "Masters Golf" the new Tiger Woods for the Wii?

Thats what I'm asking myself. I thought it was but underneath it, you see Halo Reach. So I have no idea.