Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/17/11 to 4/23/11)

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#91 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

I just want to post this piece of info:

Remember the $10 RZ reward for pre-ordering LBP2? I pre-ordered 3 LBP2 CE (that week, BB was running B2G1 free promo) and two weeks ago, I got $30 posted in my RZ account. Technically, it supposed to be only one $10 RZ reward because that's the limit. So, RZ works in mysterious ways :lol:

If your purchases don't show up, there's an option to report anyway. Also, SOCOM 4 bundle is not available for store pick-up, so you will not get a $10 gift card, be advised... You better off pre-order it from the store if you want the $10 gift card (the $10 RZ reward will be posted later, no worries there).

#92 Demise_Angel

Demise_Angel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:40 PM

Not everyone is tax free from Amazon and even if Amazon don't collect tax from you, it doesn't mean you're free from reporting the sales tax to your state on your behalf. Amazon don't have a 10% off and BB does and instant gratification or store return/exchange beats release day shipping.

Reporting sales tax for Amazon? Is this post serious?

#93 VPD72

VPD72

Cracka Head Cracka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

I'm in for the BB deal since to me its better.

I plan on picking up portal and MK so...

Portal 2 44.99 + $10 GC + $10 RZ pre-order

MK 59.99 + $10 GC + $10 RZ pre-order

I don't mind waiting for the RZ to kick in either. Less to spend up front.

#94 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:07 PM

Reporting sales tax for Amazon? Is this post serious?

By law in most states, you are supposed to report certain online purchases that did not collect taxes when you file your taxes. So yes, the post is serious.

#95 Two_Joe

Two_Joe

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:29 PM

I'm a little confuse. So when I preorder MK and Portal 2 I'll get $10 rewardzone points for each? Then I'll get $10 GC when I buy each game on Tuesday? So is that a total of $40 of gift cards? Please explain thanks.

#96 NDPsycho

NDPsycho

Magically Delicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:35 PM

Just got shipment notification of my deployment bundle from BB.com. I'm guessing since it charged and shipped prior to the add, that I'll be missing out on the giftcard? If so, that's kind of devious and crappy. Unless they match ads for online orders within the return period? Never done that before.

Edited by NDPsycho, 15 April 2011 - 06:56 PM.

#97 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

Waiting for Marvel vs Capcom3 to hit 40 till I get it

#98 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

i think if u shop on Sunday u also get a free reusable bag..

just FYI.

#99 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

I haven't been to Target in a while til today but...

Target games/blus/electronics = FAIL

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#100 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

Anyone have a link to the full ad? Interested in TV's and Laptops. Thanks.

#101 TheBigHouse

TheBigHouse

All in the game, yo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

You guys think that Best Buy will also have TE/KEs available on Tuesday?

as of Friday afternoon, I could order these online for in-store pick-up for all my local Best Buys. Actually, my closest Best Buys says the TE is "available now" - wonder what would would happen if I placed an order right now. I actually didn't get around to ordering a TE from them until this Monday, and it shipped today, so it seems like Best Buy has a lot of them

#102 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:49 PM

I just want to post this piece of info:

Remember the $10 RZ reward for pre-ordering LBP2? I pre-ordered 3 LBP2 CE (that week, BB was running B2G1 free promo) and two weeks ago, I got $30 posted in my RZ account. Technically, it supposed to be only one $10 RZ reward because that's the limit. So, RZ works in mysterious ways :lol:

If your purchases don't show up, there's an option to report anyway. Also, SOCOM 4 bundle is not available for store pick-up, so you will not get a $10 gift card, be advised... You better off pre-order it from the store if you want the $10 gift card (the $10 RZ reward will be posted later, no worries there).

1-Did actually purchase 3 LBP's or did you just pre-order them but only buy 1? They will give you the bonus points up to 3 times for a pre-order. Check post 44 BB fine print.

2-You get the $10 giftcard no matter if you buy in store or online. In store p/u as well. The computer will automatically generate a prompt to scan the giftcard before the sale can be finalized in store. The giftcard will be mailed if you ordered online make sure you call if it isn't. If there's an in store promo that's not listed as "in store only" you get it.

NDPsycho ^^^

Edited by Enuf, 15 April 2011 - 11:13 PM.

#103 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:02 PM

seems like a lot of hassle at BB... after tax how much of a deal are you really getting compared to amazons 149.99 tax free edition? (socom)

BB has dropped the price of portal 2 $45
Link:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=292222
Here's examples of how much $ you will spend

1-If you buy the regular MK, Socom 4 & Portal 2
$60 MK, $60 Socom 4, $45 Portal 2 =$165.97 + tax
+$30 instant giftcard + $40 in RZ certs($10 per pre-order plus $10 for spending $150 on gaming) basically $70 in credit.

If you do #1 but get the Socom Bundle instead of the reg. edition
2-Socom 4 $150, MK $60, Portal 2 $45=$255.97+ tax $30 instant giftcard + $45 in RZ certs($10 per pre-order, $10 for spending, $150 on games & $5 for spending $250) basically $75 in credit.

If you just buy the Socom 4 bundle
3-$150 total plus tax +$10 instant giftcard + $20 in RZ certs ($10 pre-order bonus +$10 for spending $150 on gaming) basically $30 in credit.

If you buy socom 4 & (1) of the 3 games that are $30 off KZ3/GT5/LBP2
4-$60 Socom 4 & $30 for KZ3 $89.98 + $10 giftcard + 10 RZ cert.
you must buy MULTIPLE COPIES OF SOCOM 4 to get more than 1 game $30 off.

Two_Joe ^^^ hope that helps

I guess that's as simple as I can make it. Tax is different in each state & I don't know who does/doesn't have RZ certs and/or giftcards which would effect each scenario so people will have to
figure that out themselves.

Edited by Enuf, 16 April 2011 - 06:46 PM.

#104 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

^the portal price is an online price, you won't get a GC if you order from bestbuy.com, even if you use in store pick up.

#105 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:52 PM

^the portal price is an online price, you won't get a GC if you order from bestbuy.com, even if you use in store pick up.

Doesn't matter BB B&M matches BB.com & BB.com matches BB B&M. All you have to is let them know at the time you pick up. I've already printed out the screen shot of the pre-order sale price just in case. As for the giftcard for in store p/u all you have to do is show them the circular indicating that it comes w/a $10 giftcard & you'll get it. The only reason it's not listed online is b/c these offers where added last minute.

"What if I find a lower price at another Best Buy store or on BestBuy.com?

If an item you purchased at Best Buy is advertised at a lower price at another Best Buy store in your local area or on BestBuy.com, we'll refund you the price difference from our own sale price during the exchange and return period on your product. Simply bring in your original Best Buy receipt to the customer service counter while that lower price is still in effect."

#106 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:55 PM

it does matter. they will certainly match their own 45 dollar price(assuming its still that price on the day of release), but they will not also double dip promo's and give you the GC that is not offered online. You might be able to talk someone into doing it, but that is extreme YMMV. Im betting that it wont even be 45 bucks on the day of release. Also, online orders are already processed before you pick them up, so you'd have to do a return/rebuy, which would likely cause you to lose the RZ pre order bonus.

#107 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:04 AM

it does matter. they will certainly match their own 45 dollar price(assuming its still that price on the day of release), but they will not also double dip promo's and give you the GC that is not offered online. You might be able to talk someone into doing it, but that is extreme YMMV. Im betting that it wont even be 45 bucks on the day of release. Also, online orders are already processed before you pick them up, so you'd have to do a return/rebuy, which would likely cause you to lose the RZ pre order bonus.

Bossed. :applause::applause::applause:

#108 speleofool

speleofool

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:43 AM

This has been my experience dealing with my store. Even price-matching between B&M and .com has been YMMV for me. Hence my earlier questions about how to get the online price, the pre-order bonus points and the gift card for two copies of Portal (with the added complication that I'd like to use my RZ certificates to pay).

My expectation is that I can either do $45 online pre-order + $10 worth of RZ bonus points, or whatever the in-store price is + the RZ bonus points + the gift cards. Dealing with the in-store option leaves too much to chance for me, so I just pre-ordered online: 2 copies of Portal 2 = $90 -$85 RZ certificate = < $6 out of pocket after tax. IMO that's slightly better than the WalMart / Amazon deals since I got to apply half of my $10 discount right away, PLUS both of those stores limit their $20 credit to one per customer.

Based on everything Enuf has posted I'm going to ask for my giftcard when I pick up my games, but if I don't get them I'm not going to be disappointed--I'm going to go home and play Portal! :)

#109 naf

naf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:17 AM

Can't believe how many are still expecting the $45, $10GC, & $10rz bonus :S

#110 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:24 AM

"it does matter. they will certainly match their own 45 dollar price(assuming its still that price on the day of release), but they will not also double dip promo's and give you the GC that is not offered online. You might be able to talk someone into doing it, but that is extreme YMMV."
1-It's not "double dipping" BB B&M & BB.com are equal...unless the ad/web states "IN STORE ONLY" or "ONLINE ONLY". I've price matched BB.com several times they just look it up on their pc and depending on if it's more than $5-$10 a manager overides no problem.

Im betting that it wont even be 45 bucks on the day of release.
2-This just happened when the psp drop in price and all the games reflected the discounted prices even pre-orders which were the same price in store. This also was addressed on the previous BB RZ site b4 the update so I can't provide the link. However, it's currently being discussed now on the BB
forums page b/c the pre-order price has dropped 2x.

Also, online orders are already processed before you pick them up, so you'd have to do a return/rebuy, which would likely cause you to lose the RZ pre order bonus.
3-Depends, the giftcard could be sent separately and if the price changes before the card is "charged" BB usually adjusts accordingly. You may have to do return/rebuy in store to get the giftcard however just show them the weekly circular. As for the 500 bonus points points if they don't show in 35 days 1
phone call to RZ will solve it plus when the messed up they usually give you the 500 plus another 500 b/c of the mistake.

Bottom line
Portal 2 $45 w/$10 giftcard & 500 bonus points($10) I'll provide the link once Kyle(BB corp) responds that way all you have to is show it in store.

If you have a problems getting BB price matches POST ON THE BB FORUMS PAGE! Allan from BB corp has requested the stores that aren't so they can be corrected here's the link 
http://www.forums.be...ce-view=desktop
only 1 person has posted store locations but everyone says YMMV on a posted policy. I can't type the locations that I don't know it's up to you. PM me if you need more help I don't work for BB but I've helped several CAG's before.  

Edited by Enuf, 16 April 2011 - 02:36 AM.

#111 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:42 AM

The more I read Caltab's post about online price vs store price the more I feel the deal is YMMV. I got confused before because there are two ways to pre-order and I'm only thinking one of them. Online pre-order don't require $5 deposit, the entire order amount is charged at the time the order is shipped or picked up. In store pre-order requires the $5 slip/printout, you pay the remaining amount at the time of pick-up.

Now, $45 is the online price, the store will honor that price if it's still $45 by Tuesday (99% chance of success). If not, it's a YMMV situation, return/rebuy will zero out the pre-order bonus. Online pre-order will not get you the $10 gift card, unless the cashier gives to you (hence YMMV). If you pre-order from the store, you will get the $10 GC (when you pick up the order, they have to scan the game and it will recognize the $10 GC promo).

Enuf, as for LBP2 CE pre-orders I did earlier, yes, I bought 3 copies. I remember clearly the $10 RZ reward is only for one copy. Well, somehow I was awarded $30... It's possible that the purchased amount earned three times reward $80x3? But one of them is free, so it's $80x2=$160, earning $20 RZ rewards on $160? Hmmm, maybe it was doubled.

#112 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:11 AM

Enuf, as for LBP2 CE pre-orders I did earlier, yes, I bought 3 copies. I remember clearly the $10 RZ reward is only for one copy. Well, somehow I was awarded $30... It's possible that the purchased amount earned three times reward $80x3? But one of them is free, so it's $80x2=$160, earning $20 RZ rewards on $160? Hmmm, maybe it was doubled.

you'll earn 500 bonus points on up to 3 of the same games, I did it with halo reach. "Limit 3 copies per offer, maximum 1500 bonus points" Post #44 shows all the complete fine print.

#113 TnAdct1

TnAdct1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:13 AM

Just to be safe, I'll most likely ask for a price check for Portal 2 on Tuesday (as I plan to go to BB anyway to see if they got the Mortal Kombat Blu-Ray w/ Jade Retro Outfit code). If it's indeed going to be $45, then I'll pick the game up.

EDIT: Never mind. I pre-ordered Portal 2 for store pick-up at my local Best Buy last night just to be safe when it comes to the $45 price.

Edited by TnAdct1, 17 April 2011 - 03:06 AM.

#114 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:13 AM

okay so i can go into best buy and use the kiosk to pre order the full deployment edition and get a $10 gc and $20 in rz certs and also grab killzone 3 for $30 off all in 1 shot? I can do this tomorrow if i want?

#115 Idioteque...

Idioteque...

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:30 AM

So wait are you guys sure, if you preorder Mortal Kombat that you get 500 bonus points? Can't find that anywhere.

#116 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:12 PM

So wait are you guys sure, if you preorder Mortal Kombat that you get 500 bonus points? Can't find that anywhere.

Yes,
link:List of all upcoming games that come w/$10 pre-order bonus
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=288418

#117 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

Yes,
link:List of all upcoming games that come w/$10 pre-order bonus
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=288418

I'm not doubting you but can you post a direct link to an official best buy site?

#118 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

official best buy site?

It's in the the 1st post on the CAG link Kyle at BB Corp posted the games missing on the BB forums page MK is the 4th one.

Link

#119 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:31 PM

It's in the the 1st post on the CAG link Kyle at BB Corp posted the games missing on the BB forums page MK is the 4th one.

Link

Thank you very much, you've been very helpful in this thread!

#120 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

Also, if I go to the kiosk, and preorder say the PS3 version of MK and pick up the PS3 Kollector's version (assuming they have them available in store) do I still get to apply the $5 discount (not really a discount b/c you gave $5 up) and receive the $10 in RZ points?

I know at my store they have no option to preorder and versions other then standard for either MK or SOCOM 4