Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/17/11 to 4/23/11)

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#211 otogi

otogi

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:32 PM

Got a better deal at toys r us for Mortal Kombat

If your Toys R us has the gamer guide magazine; inside the magazine is a $10 coupon for Mortal Kombat making the game $50. If you're just buying MK alone you get the $15 giftcard, buy portal2 get a $50 giftcard.

#212 speleofool

speleofool

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

This has been my experience dealing with my store. Even price-matching between B&M and .com has been YMMV for me. Hence my earlier questions about how to get the online price, the pre-order bonus points and the gift card for two copies of Portal (with the added complication that I'd like to use my RZ certificates to pay).

My expectation is that I can either do $45 online pre-order + $10 worth of RZ bonus points, or whatever the in-store price is + the RZ bonus points + the gift cards. Dealing with the in-store option leaves too much to chance for me, so I just pre-ordered online: 2 copies of Portal 2 = $90 -$85 RZ certificate = < $6 out of pocket after tax. IMO that's slightly better than the WalMart / Amazon deals since I got to apply half of my $10 discount right away, PLUS both of those stores limit their $20 credit to one per customer.

Based on everything Enuf has posted I'm going to ask for my giftcard when I pick up my games, but if I don't get them I'm not going to be disappointed--I'm going to go home and play Portal! :)

OK, quick follow-up. I did end up getting the 2 gift cards. I asked about them when I picked up my 2 copies of Portal 2, and after they processed my pickup they did a "no receipt return" and put the refund on a gift card. Then they used that gift card to re-buy the 2 copies of the game, which allowed them to issue my gift cards. I still feel like this is a bit of a YMMV scenario, but my store came through for me.

#213 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

This price was only valid Friday through Monday, and was only available through Bestbuy.com, but it was available for store pickup today. The price has now went back up to $55/45.

On a side note, I fucking hate Best Buy stores customer service. I took the Toys R Us ad in today at 9am, told them I would like to price match TRU's $15 Gift Card with Mortal Kombat, and the lady said "we don't do that", then called the manager on her microphone, and he repeated the same thing to her I am guessing cause she again said they didn't PM deals with "free or bundle items" I told her Gift Cards were not included with that part of the policy. I read there board of policies on the wall, and I could not find the part about Gift Card price matching (it used to be there). I then told her to hold on and went to their RZ computer. I printed out the policy from their own website, along with this thread
from the official Best Buy forums where an actual employee clarified the policy and said doing exactly what I am doing it totally fine. As soon as I walked back up to her with the papers, and started to explain how here is the policy, she was staring at her computer screen, interrupted me and said "I can read." in the most rude way any employee of a store has ever spoken to me. I told her this was not the official policy page but a thread from your own forums confirming what I am trying to do is correct. She then repeated "I can read." again in the same manner as before. I then said, "Well if you can read, then you should now see that I am correct and you should price match please." She proceeded to continue the PM the way it is supposed to be done by reducing the price of the game by $5 and giving me the $10 BB GC they are offering anyway. I already called Best Buy's customer service, gonna post on their forums and give a totally negative review of her service on their
online survey. People with bad customer service skills don't need to be working at customer service.

I think I am nearing my limit with retail stores and their BS. I think I shall stick with Amazon and their great customer service from now on.

Here's the link to Allan @ BB Corp he wants the store locations so he can speak with managemnt there. Post your expeirience on the forums page too Corp does follow-up on these. I gave several positive reviews to my local BB when then took $15 off a CE pre-order they sold out of & the next time I came back the rep. remembered and thanked me. Plus this could affect their raises so it'll home pretty fast.

http://www.forums.be...y-s/td-p/166494

Also, add your thoughts to the "2011 customer wishlist" hopefully we can get a BB rep on CAG to start giving us deals like kmart.

Link:
http://www.forums.be...ons/td-p/255478

Has anyone else noticed the unadvertised BB sales this week mirror Target's pricing?

#214 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:18 PM

Got a better deal at toys r us for Mortal Kombat

If your Toys R us has the gamer guide magazine; inside the magazine is a $10 coupon for Mortal Kombat making the game $50. If you're just buying MK alone you get the $15 giftcard, buy portal2 get a $50 giftcard.

The only reason I didn't jump on the TRU deal is
MK $60
$10 Pre-order
$10 giftcard(pm it to $15 using the kmart ad)

and I'd have till June 3rd to pm the total $60 price to $40-$50 like I just did with Crysis 2($40 + $20 credit) & Homefront($40 + $20 credit). Kmart will certainly have MK/Socom/Portal on sale for $40 w/i
45 days. If they only have 1 or 2 of them there's always GS, Target, Walmart & BB themselves.
Also, RZ silver member + gamers club every $150 = $10 tough to beat.

#215 BowserG

BowserG

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

Will Best Buy match TRU's 2 3DS games for $50 deal? I want Madden and Rayman, but I have a BB gift card. Thanks for any info.

#216 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

Can I use the silver 10% coupon on Socom Deployment plus the gift card?

#217 noone13

noone13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:13 PM

This is what I posted on the forum linked to many times in this thread. Basically I tried to price match the TRU deal and lost my RZ points for pre-ordering, which had I known I would have obviously gone to TRU instead. They also told me I could only price match one set of games, which was okay. I thought it was kind of lame but wasn't the biggest problem I had. Then upon follow up was offered no help other than to return the games. This reminds of why I hate Best Buy, I knew I should have just gone to TRU or K-Mart instead.

I pre-ordered 2 copies of Portal 2 and 2 copies of Mortal Kombet for the PS3 on Saturday. I went in on Tuesday night to pick up the games. I was trying to price match the games with the Toys R Us offer of buy the two games and get a $50 gift card. This in its self was apparently a problem, it took two managers 45 minutes to figure it out. Then I was told I could only do it on one set of games. I was fine with that I guess, it didn't sound right but at that point I just wanted to get it done with. Then when they rang me up they cancelled all four of my pre-orders, thus making me lose the 2000 Reward Zone points. I think they rang the games up right but I am not sure. They charged me $59.99 for one game, $9.99 for the other, and then $50 for the gift card. Well today after looking at my receipt I noticed they cancelled the four pre-orders. I attempted to call and find out why but was met with much hostility. They told me there is nothing they can do or will do. I am told now, not last night when I bought the games, that a price match makes me lose the Reward Zone points. I think that sounds like crap but whatever. I should have been told that last night then. I would have cancelled the pre-orders and just gone to Toys R Us and saved 45 minutes of my life. I understand not getting the $10 gift card with each game plus the price match but not getting the Reward Zone points sounds wrong to me. I live 30 minutes from the store so to drive all the way back there is a pain and something I shouldn't have to do. Now I can't even get the Toys R Us deal because it was Tuesday only. This was at store #379 and this most definitly not the first time they have treated me terribly. I don't even know why I bother anymore. I should have known better and just gone to Toys R Us. The existence of this board kind of proves how crappy Best Buy has become lately.

#218 dnstapes

dnstapes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:05 PM

so Best buy doesn't have Portal 2 for 45? Please update the OP.

#219 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:35 AM

so Best buy doesn't have Portal 2 for 45? Please update the OP.

Nope back up to 59.99 today..
Posted Image

#220 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

... well I was going to head out and grab Portal 2 today at Best Buy for $45 and the $10 gc but apparently not anymore...

#221 FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:47 PM

... well I was going to head out and grab Portal 2 today at Best Buy for $45 and the $10 gc but apparently not anymore...

Sux2bu

#222 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:10 PM

Does anyone know if you use a gift card to buy Mortal Kombat can you still get the other $10.00 gift card or possibly use it to reduce MK even more?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#223 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:15 PM

Here's links to the results from CAG's that posted on the BB forums page judge for yourself,

http://forums.bestbu...ice/td-p/271162

http://forums.bestbu...ain/td-p/271648

http://forums.bestbu...off/td-p/271902

http://forums.bestbu...ers/td-p/269954

#224 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:13 PM

Does anyone know if you use a gift card to buy Mortal Kombat can you still get the other $10.00 gift card or possibly use it to reduce MK even more?

You can use a Gift Card to buy MK and still get the $10 Gift Card for buying it. I used my $10 GC from buying MK on a MK Kollector's Edition, and I also got another $10 GC.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#225 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:34 AM

I'm asking if you can have BB take the $10.00 gift card you get after buying MK off your order when you buy it.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Kaiser499.png

#226 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

I'm asking if you can have BB take the $10.00 gift card you get after buying MK off your order when you buy it.

No
the giftcard is issued after the cashier totals out

#227 FactionG

FactionG

Too many backlog games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:14 AM

Price matched TRU's b1g1 at Bestbuy for Portal 2 and MK. Received 2 $10 giftcards and earned 2x the reward points for using their credit card. Awesome. :)

#228 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

No Ads for this week yet?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Kaiser499.png

#229 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

Here's links to the results from CAG's that posted on the BB forums page judge for yourself,

http://forums.bestbu...ice/td-p/271162

http://forums.bestbu...ain/td-p/271648

http://forums.bestbu...off/td-p/271902

http://forums.bestbu...ers/td-p/269954

why in the world would you highlight/mention/post about CAG on the BBuy forums?
what good does it do? they need to follow their own policies period and a store issue is a store issue... damn the Kmart (corporate) thread is annoying enough...
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#230 DANNY2582

DANNY2582

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:34 PM

Yea wheres this weeks game deals