iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) / Mac App Stores -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4945 replies to this topic

#31 roninld

roninld

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

I think this was mentioned in the previous thread, but there is an app from it looks like Korea which also does free movies/shows called PPTV. It is all in Korean I am assuming, but the US movies are in English. It also looks like it depends on the show for the quality. Not even sure if this is legal, but it is in the app store.
http://itunes.apple....d405667771?mt=8

If anyone can translate, let me know.

#32 thirtytwoutside

thirtytwoutside

HOW CAN SHE SLAP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:36 PM

Could you please use / instead of \ on the title? It's a silly request :P

Not silly... it's been bugging me as well!

(Okay maybe it's a little silly)

CAG: Where it doesn't matter how good or how cheap a game is, but games would only be "worth buying" to people if only they were $10 cheaper.

#33 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:59 PM

You're both silly ... it need a - instead.

#34 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:02 PM

Crackle is pretty great. I just assumed you'd have to pay to watch stuff but I'm watching Seinfeld for free right now. And the picture quality is really good.

How safe is it?

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#35 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:12 PM

Very clean in here!

#36 outphase

outphase

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:21 PM

How safe is it?

It's run by Sony.

#37 Viol8tor

Viol8tor

Go Lakers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

Very nice.

I am waiting for NBA jam to make a price drop. They should since the playoffs just started, don't you think?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#38 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:43 PM

It's run by Sony.

So you're saying it's not safe, that they'll install rootkits and will try to sue people into financial ruin?

#39 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:14 PM

Very roomy in here. Would it be appropriate to edit the first post with a section for "must have games." It seems every so often someone gets a new ipad, iphone, ipod and asks "what are some must haves?" It would be great to refer them to the first post. Any thoughts? Maybe it's even broken down by sections - puzzle, shooter, etc.

+1 We need a recommended games section by CAG users in the first post.

594280.png

#40 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:31 PM

How safe is it?

It's not some piracy thing if that's what you're asking. It's basically Hulu with a different name.

EDIT: nm, looks like outphase already answered.

Posted Image

#41 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:13 PM

Dont know if its still free or not, but yesterday there was a game called Beyond Ynth up for free. I just got around to playing it today and its actually a ton of fun. Its kind of like a Puzzle/Platform cross. You play a little big who you want to get from the start to the end of the stage. To get from one side to the other you must do a mix of platforming and figuring out how to move various boxes the bug is in to line them up with other boxes that way you can scurry inside and use them too. As time goes on the game adds challenges like lava pits you need to avoid or dessert light that will kill you if your in it for more then a second or two which make the boxes all the more important.

Another game I came across for free yesterday(again not sure if its still free or not)was Sylish Dash. Its basically yet another Canabalt/Robot Unicorn style game but still one of the better in this genre iv played. It adds some nice features like power ups and the ability to temporarily fly that keep it interesting.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#42 jimbach13

jimbach13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:15 PM

The quality is pretty good. A little slow at times over my wi-fi, but still good

#43 dumpav

dumpav

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

I think this was mentioned in the previous thread, but there is an app from it looks like Korea which also does free movies/shows called PPTV. It is all in Korean I am assuming, but the US movies are in English. It also looks like it depends on the show for the quality. Not even sure if this is legal, but it is in the app store.
http://itunes.apple....d405667771?mt=8

If anyone can translate, let me know.

its not korean, its made by some chinese developer from shanghai.

they have their own website for regular computer:
http://www.pptv.com/

#44 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

OpenFeint: Dimms

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:34 PM

Sonic Speed Ball has dropped to FREE for the first time.
"Sonic Speed Ball is a new type of air pong game based on sound instead of sight. Using your iPhone, or iPod Touch as a racket you swing when the approaching ball sounds closest to you – first player to reach 7 points wins the game.
Half the fun is really getting into it, so jump high or swing low just don’t hurt yourself or your device cause we’re not liable."

And it looks like HBO will be wading in to the mobile stream in the very near future with HBO Go. Guess I'll keep my subscription active for a while longer afterall. . .

#45 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:09 PM

I hate to start another one of these "what does/doesn't belong in the tread" discussions, but I feel like including the Mac app store is a little much. Adding in the iPad (which I remember generating a bit of debate itself when it happened) was at least understandable because it's an iOS device like the iPhone and iPod. But adding non-iOS devices (unless the Mac can now run iOS apps?) really seems to me like it's diluting the thread too much.

#46 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:58 PM

Beyond Ynth is quite good and I've been waiting for a drop on that one for a while.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#47 kingtopher

kingtopher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:01 AM

I hate to start another one of these "what does/doesn't belong in the tread" discussions, but I feel like including the Mac app store is a little much. Adding in the iPad (which I remember generating a bit of debate itself when it happened) was at least understandable because it's an iOS device like the iPhone and iPod. But adding non-iOS devices (unless the Mac can now run iOS apps?) really seems to me like it's diluting the thread too much.

I agree with this. I mean, you don't see Windows phone 7 deals in the same thread as Xbox live deals even though Microsoft produces both products and they're both downloadable services.

#48 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:16 AM

Road Blaster HD is on sale for $.99 (iPad only)
http://appshopper.co...road-blaster-hd

Also the standard version is $.99 as well.
http://appshopper.co...es/road-blaster

I got the standard version a while back, it's a great game but I don't think I'll be double dipping.

#49 jaredstorm

jaredstorm

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:45 AM

Anybody hear the price of Sword & Sworcery on Thursday? .99 I take it, not sure though.

608212.png

#50 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:47 AM

ryanflucas rocks!! Thanks for the title tweak ^_^

#51 ryanflucas

ryanflucas

Game Boy Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:48 AM

The reason why I did this was because many of the mainstream apps (for example Angry Birds) are available for both platforms and are in both stores. It's easy to take an iOS app and make a few adjustments, and then put it in the Mac App store.

Plus I think Mac OS X Lion may have the ability to run iOS apps natively. There are plans to integrate many of the underlying system cores. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but the number of sales for the Mac App store are really small. I don't expect to see that many posts of sales, besides me and a handful of people. Or perhaps even just me, lol.

#52 chipper_95

chipper_95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:49 AM

Very roomy in here. Would it be appropriate to edit the first post with a section for "must have games." It seems every so often someone gets a new ipad, iphone, ipod and asks "what are some must haves?" It would be great to refer them to the first post. Any thoughts? Maybe it's even broken down by sections - puzzle, shooter, etc.

i don't know how you would implement this but i would appreciate something like this as well. i have had an iphone for years but there could be games that even i don't know about so it wouldn't necessarily be helpful for just new ios device owners. i also think/hope there would be a difference in the games on the list here as opposed to the apps on the top 25 charts on the app store. that would at least help the validity of the list here.

#53 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:10 AM

Anybody hear the price of Sword & Sworcery on Thursday? .99 I take it, not sure though.

2.99 according to touch arcade http://toucharcade.c...l-be-universal/

#54 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:11 AM

i don't know how you would implement this but i would appreciate something like this as well. i have had an iphone for years but there could be games that even i don't know about so it wouldn't necessarily be helpful for just new ios device owners. i also think/hope there would be a difference in the games on the list here as opposed to the apps on the top 25 charts on the app store. that would at least help the validity of the list here.

A must-have is always relative to the person that will end up playing it. For example, everybody says that Infinity Blade rocks and that it's one of the best games ever. I bought it last year and believe it was a waste of money (bought it at full price)... hehe.

#55 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

OpenFeint: Dimms

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:09 AM

Try to avoid getting squashed in Hazard, one of the new FAAD games right now.
"The ceiling is about to collapse. You must think quick! There are varying sized gaps in the floor and ceiling - some are big enough to fit inside. Move to one fast and Harry will live!
How long can Harry survive?
There are achievements, power-ups, bonuses and more. Even compete against your friends! If you're a fan of old school arcade games where you're always striving to beat the high score or even minigames from console party games - this is the game for you!"

The match-4 puzzler Gyrotate is the latest OpenFeint FGOTD.
"Finally! The innovative action-puzzle game that you’ve been waiting for. Amazingly simple yet insanely addictive, once you start playing you won’t be able to stop!
It sounds easy, but as you complete each level you’ll need all your skill and concentration to keep going!
If you enjoy puzzle games like Tetris, Bejeweled, Fling! and Trism, then you’ll love Gyrotate."

Burger Queen
is the featured freebie on Great App a Day. Mmmmm. . .burgers.
"Father dumped Burger K on his daughter and left for his Hawaii vacation.
According to father's letter, the mission is not to ruin Burger K and to keep its reputation until his coming back!
Unfortunately the fate of Burger K is not kind any more because the daughter's skill will be improving quickly and she will change the sign of Burger k... it's Burger Queen."

#56 LuisRM

LuisRM

Midcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:22 AM

I took a stab at starting the Recommended Games on the wiki. I tried to avoid titles like Angry Birds and DoodleJump. Feel free to edit as needed. I just put some titles in there to get it started since I didn't have much time. Thanks!

#57 chipper_95

chipper_95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:31 AM

A must-have is always relative to the person that will end up playing it. For example, everybody says that Infinity Blade rocks and that it's one of the best games ever. I bought it last year and believe it was a waste of money (bought it at full price)... hehe.

i totally agree and that's why i started my post with "i don't know how you would implement it but...".

#58 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:32 AM

Train Conductor (universal) has gone free for the day:

http://appshopper.co...train-conductor

I didn't see this one mentioned. It's a pretty fun game.

#59 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:34 AM

Chupacabra ... you know you want it ...

http://appshopper.com/games/chupacabra

And it's free!

Posted Image

#60 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:01 AM

Chupacabra ... you know you want it ...

http://appshopper.com/games/chupacabra

And it's free!

Posted Image

Chupa-thingy or Puma? What to pick, what to pick?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.