Photo
- - - - -

iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) / Mac App Stores -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4945 replies to this topic

#1021 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

I believe it was only $0.99 for iPod/iPhone. iPad has never been lower than $4.99.

You are correct, my mistake
Posted Image

#1022 GamerChris

GamerChris

It's a Funny Name.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:05 PM

A universal app, Sentinel 3: Homeworld has dropped to .99 for the first time.
"The third and biggest instalment of the highly acclaimed Sentinel sci-fi tower defense series! Take the fight to the alien homeworld and unleash a massive arsenal of weaponry!
Get up close and personal on the battlefield in your power armor to execute devastating attacks and support your defenses!"

Sentinel was the title that originally got me hooked on TDs. This one's a no-brainer download for me while it's on sale.

Thanks, I really like the Sentinel Games. Really well done.

594280.png

#1023 LuisRM

LuisRM

Midcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

"The third and biggest instalment of the highly acclaimed Sentinel sci-fi tower defense series! Take the fight to the alien homeworld and unleash a massive arsenal of weaponry!
Get up close and personal on the battlefield in your power armor to execute devastating attacks and support your defenses!"

Sentinel was the title that originally got me hooked on TDs. This one's a no-brainer download for me while it's on sale.

Loved all 3 Sentinel Games. This one just added 15 more levels with an IAP. Truly one of the best. My other favorite was Defender Chronicles.

#1024 rhenzhen

rhenzhen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:40 PM

The game is universal - you don't need a separate version, so just install it on your iPad and try it. You can restore your DLC purchases to another device at no charge (if they use the same iTunes account). There is, at the least, an additional control scheme option on the iPad for Warlords. You can have it portrait instead of landscape, with "roller" on the left or right. I haven't tried that, but I don't like the roller control for Warlords at all. I like the new touch on screen option *way* better. Probably some other games with additional options - I don't know - but the main thing is the extra screen space allows for better control and without obscuring much of the screen. Warlords is much better on the iPad for that reason.

Thanks! What about NBA Jam? Do you have any idea what's the difference? I hate the iPhone version. Only 2v2 and you can't even switch to other player. 1 player and 3 AI... You should be able to control your team players. Wondering if iPad version is same as iPhone version.
Posted Image

#1025 rockx4

rockx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:52 PM

Any reason to get the first 2 if I buy the 3rd one?

#1026 lunasicc

lunasicc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

Thanks! What about NBA Jam? Do you have any idea what's the difference? I hate the iPhone version. Only 2v2 and you can't even switch to other player. 1 player and 3 AI... You should be able to control your team players. Wondering if iPad version is same as iPhone version.

The console versions were the same so i doubt the iOS versions would differ.

#1027 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:16 PM

Nice update on Deadspace ... added new weapons and a survival mode

#1028 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:18 PM

iPad version has multiplayer and a few other improvements but I think it plays the same but HD Graphics. As far as the 2v2 and switching players, it is classic NBA Jam. That's how the default settings always were. I dont think it ever went beyond 2v2 but I think in the old versions you could set it so you always controlled the person with the ball.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#1029 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:42 PM

You can't switch the player you are controlling on defense (which really sucks) but if you go to settings -> gameplay options and turn tag mode on then you will auto switch player control to whoever has the ball on offense. Not sure why they didn't make this the default setting.

#1030 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:13 AM

SimCity Deluxe for iPad is $1:

http://appshopper.co...deluxe-for-ipad

...reviews seem pretty negative though...

Actually, EA has a bunch of titles on sale:

http://www.ea.com/1/ea-mobile-sale

Here's a list:
Spoiler

Edited by mkernan, 27 May 2011 - 12:43 AM.

Posted Image

#1031 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:56 AM

Super Stickman Golf (Iphone & Ipad) --Free for a limited time--

-Game Center Support
-New update includes multiplayer

http://itunes.apple....d397049430?mt=8

I stumbled upon this game and damn its addicting (I dont even like golf). Its all about physics here, and its damn good at that.
Posted Image

#1032 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:10 AM

Super Stickman Golf (Iphone & Ipad) --Free for a limited time--

-Game Center Support
-New update includes multiplayer

http://itunes.apple....d397049430?mt=8

I stumbled upon this game and damn its addicting (I dont even like golf). Its all about physics here, and its damn good at that.

Downloaded it yesterday or the day before (someone posted it on page 50), played a couple of minutes and deleted. One of the main things that bothered me while playing is the animation that shows up whenever you start a level.

#1033 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:22 AM

While not part of the Mac App Store, Amazon started their Mac Download Store today.

They're giving away Airport Mania for free and offering a $5 off coupon. The game selection is a bit limited, but EA titles are available. Check my thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=295692

#1034 lunasicc

lunasicc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:02 AM

Plants Vs Zombies HD for iPad is on sale for $1.99. IMO the best tower defense game out there for iOS period

#1035 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:08 AM

Plants Vs Zombies HD for iPad is on sale for $1.99. IMO the best tower defense game out there for iOS period

Instant download for me, thanks! Was hoping it would go on sale again since the price went up after I got an iPad.

#1036 GodOfUncharted

GodOfUncharted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:15 AM

I have this for my phone, but I may have to pull the trigger on this.

#1037 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:20 AM

Geodefense is free for the first time ever. Gotten a lot of good reviews for another tower defense game.

http://appshopper.com/games/geodefense

#1038 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:23 AM

Geodefense is free for the first time ever. Gotten a lot of good reviews for another tower defense game.

Nice, thanks! I've had my eye on this one.

#1039 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:31 AM

For me, it's not only the best td on iOS, but the best td period. It rarely goes on sale, so anyone that likes the genre should pick it up.

#1040 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

I've been trying to buy it for the past 10 min but it keeps saying it's being modified. Anyone else getting the same message?

#1041 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

OpenFeint: Dimms

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:39 AM

Currently being modified. Please tell me that's to adjust the price down and not back up again. Looks like Memorial Day weekend is going to be chock-full of TD goodness . . .

In other news, Marine Sharpshooter is the new main FAAD game.
"You are a Marine Sharpshooter, a member of an elite American military force waging a silent war against terror across the globe. Dropped behind enemy lines, you must uncover and dismantle an elaborate terrorist plot to launch a series of coordinated attacks around the world. Your mission will take you from hidden outposts in desert cities to full scale military bases. Make every shot count, your country and the free world is depending on you. Remember your mantra: "One shot, one kill.""

Ring Theory
is the new OpenFeint FGOTD.
"You've never seen a match 3 game like this! Rotate any circle to match 3 or more colors. Spin your way through unique boards. Trigger explosions, massive chain reactions, and other delightful surprises, all while competing with your friends for the highest score. Different modes let you race the clock or play leisurely for high scores, depending on your mood."

#1042 WyldRyce

WyldRyce

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:40 AM

Currently being modified. Please tell me that's to adjust the price down and not back up again. Looks like Memorial Day weekend is going to be chock-full of TD goodness . . .

I'm waiting to grab it also. I passed on the last sale and I regret that I did. This time is a no brainer.

#1043 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:08 AM

Yay. I've been waiting for awhile for it to drop to $1.

#1044 lunasicc

lunasicc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:28 AM

Thanks. Another great TD game. Definitely getting this.

Whats with all these TD games going on sale this week?

#1045 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:32 AM

Thanks. Another great TD game. Definitely getting this.

Whats with all these TD games going on sale this week?

Maybe it's because com2us td just came out, the game that actually possesses the trademark for the phrase tower defense.

#1046 GodOfUncharted

GodOfUncharted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:42 AM

Has anyone successfully gotten PvZ yet? I don't want to try it while it's being modified just in case.

#1047 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:01 AM

PvZ is working now. Just bought it and they correctly charged me $1.99.

#1048 jamesesdad

jamesesdad

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:14 AM

Posted Image
Fragger

Fragger is free for the weekend, I find it to be a much more enjoyable alternative to angry birds. If you haven't picked it up yet, I highly recommend it for the perfect price of free! The game has seen a stream of content updates that makes this one even worth paying the 99. cents for.

Posted Image
Gravity Hook HD

Free for the weekend as well, I really enjoyed this gravity based hook climbing game from the makers of canabalt. kind of tricky to get the hang of, but once it clicks, its quite fun. (Note App shopper doesn't seem to be listing the price drop, but it is free in the app store)

Posted Image
Camera+

For those who haven't gotten this one yet, on sale for 99 cents till the end of tomorrow. For those who have, this or hipstamatic?

Posted Image
NBA Jam

Down to 99 cents for memorial day weekend.

Posted Image
Several other EA games have gone on sale for memorial day weekend so head over to SlidetoPlay for more info

Edited by jamesesdad, 27 May 2011 - 10:44 AM.

GameCenter/OpenFeint: Plslvmln

#1049 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

Gameloft: To celebrate Memorial Day we have $0.99 iPhone & iPad sales Including Fast Five & Sacred Odyssey!

iPad: Fast Five the Movie: Official Game HD, Assassin’s Creed: Alta├»r’s Chronicles HD, Sacred Odyssey: Rise of Ayden HD, Fishing Kings HD

iPhone: Fast Five the Movie: Official Game, Dungeon Hunter 2, Iron Man 2, Let’s Golf! 2, Shrek Kart.

Com2uS: ‎[Memorial Day Sale] Tons of games are now ONLY $0.99 until 31st! Ain't it great :) !!!

Posted Image

#1050 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

Any reason to gt PVZ if you have the iphone version?