Photo
- - - - -

Sonic Generations - Play as classic Sonic & modern Sonic. Now available!

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#91 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:30 AM

I did what was required. I plan on trying to get under 60 seconds in GHZ Act 1 (I was 7 seconds shy last time). I rented it, so I really had to prioritize what I wanted to play, aka, the main game. I'll probably go back and try the Challenges for GHZ, but I doubt I'll have time for anything else.

I think it'd be best if Sega kinda dulled the background a bit to make the plane you're on a bit easier to see. It becomes a bit of an issue later on. I had the same issue with Unleashed and Colors as well. Visibility in 3D Sonic games always seems to be poor.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#92 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:18 AM

What is everyone's favorite zone/act?

#93 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:44 AM

Just picked this up for $33. I'm a little rusty with Sonic games but I'm very excited to dust off those skills after seeing all the positive feedback. Since I haven't played it yet I have nothing more to add other than this awesome fan art:

Spoiler

Playing this game makes me wonder what could have been if capcom did something similar with mega man

Interesting idea but there really isn't a Mega Man to base a modern era on besides the Battle Network games. Maybe Legends, but we all know how Capcom feels about that. Even Mega Man X still plays very similar to the original. But a cross over of the original & X is a great concept in itself. Sorry to Hijack a Sonic thread with Mega Man.

#94 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

Interesting idea but there really isn't a Mega Man to base a modern era on besides the Battle Network games. Maybe Legends, but we all know how Capcom feels about that. Even Mega Man X still plays very similar to the original. But a cross over of the original & X is a great concept in itself. Sorry to Hijack a Sonic thread with Mega Man.

Well both sonics were sucked up by some time monster shit. Maybe it could explain why MM and Bass are gone from the MM X world.

#95 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

Crisis City is really awesome for both classic and modern. And the best part is that Sonic the Hedgehog's (2006) is actually justified since the level turned out so good for Generations.

#96 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

Well both sonics were sucked up by some time monster shit. Maybe it could explain why MM and Bass are gone from the MM X world.

I read something like Mega Man becomes Quint from the Gameboy games. Gets sent back in time to fight his past self. IDK Maybe it's not cannon.

#97 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

I read something like Mega Man becomes Quint from the Gameboy games. Gets sent back in time to fight his past self. IDK Maybe it's not cannon.

wily goes in the future and corrupts mega man in a world where wily is defeated and sends him back to face mega man there is no story as to why bass or MM is absent popular rumor is zero killed them both as he is to replace bass and zero is made by wily

We can chat in profile messages if this chat goes any further

#98 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:08 AM

The Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 levels have really wowed me so far. But I spent some time with the Sonic Heroes level last night, getting all the red rings... I'm amazed at how many different pathways there are! I've never played a game with that much stuff in one tightly-packed level.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#99 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:20 AM

City Escape or Speed Highway (Act 2) are my favorites.

I really like Chemical Plant and Crisis City as well (Act 2)

I hate Planet Wisp and Seaside Hill.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#100 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

Kotaku's review goes into detail about how annoying the bosses are, but is still positive overall. Me, i wish i could be playing this right now but I've gotta run through Otomedius Excellent and Fusion: Genesis int ime to review them next week.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#101 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:36 AM

I've gotten up to
Spoiler
, and I haven't experienced any annoying boss battles as of yet.

#102 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:18 AM

I rented it again and got the final achievements I needed. $4 overall well spent IMO.

I liked the Modern Sonic stuff more than the Classic Sonic stuff in the end. I think by the end they really just put too many bad gimmicks in there for Classic, especially in the last 3 worlds.

Overall, I'd give the game an 8/10. Some quirks I didn't like, the final boss included. I think the game has a fair amount of content for a $30 price, but not a $50 price. Also, some of the Challenges just plain suck.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#103 SuperPhillip

SuperPhillip

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:02 AM

I did not care for the Vector beat challenge.

#104 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:48 AM

Picked this up a few weeks ago for $30. Finally got around to play it and beat it within a day. I enjoyed it. Great levels with a lot of "Whoooo, that was awesome" moments. Made me remember what I loved about Sonic when I was a kid and in those terms the game nailed it. I loved all the classic levels and the two Dreamcast ones the most. Really brought me back. I even caught myself humming along with the BGM on more than a few occasions.

Defiantly the best Sonic game in a long time. Very short if you're just playing to beat it like me. I don't care about the challenges and achievements. However on a single play through I easily racked up 500/1000.

I think I'll have no problem getting my $30 back when reselling it so I basically played it for free.