Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #237: P(oops) 2: The Poopening

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:51 AM

I didn't like Enslaved all that much, and I bought it for $15, too. I have the same complaints that were mentioned before. The platforming and combat weren't good, and I fear the same will be true for Ninja Theory's Devil May Cry game.

#32 Rouzhokuu

Rouzhokuu

Bio-Shocked!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:33 AM

Well, you guys finally got something right.

Enslaved was amazing. Great, satisfying combat, loved the story, and the facial animations.. incredible.

One of my games of the year for 2010. :)
"Don't be a slowpoke, Mister Bubbles. Angels don't wait for slowpokes."
Take a look at my trade-list, eh?

#33 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

I have to admit that I was surprised when Wombat said that he hopes Micheal Vick doesn't make the cover of madden 12. I don't know what Wombat's opinion is based on but I definitely disagree.
Posted Image

#34 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

Wombat, I'd be down for helping to start a Batman religion. I know a lot of people that would love to worship at the house of the Bat.

Also, yes. Batman IS circumcised. Catwoman mentioned it in one of her books, and if anyone would know, I'd bet it'd be her.

#35 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:16 PM

Frank Miller already started a Batman religion.
Posted Image

#36 buttle

buttle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:53 PM

About the new Nintendo system . . .

Nintendo never claimed to not be competing with Sony And Microsoft. Just not with the Wii. The Wii was clealry something different.

The biggest question is - will Sony or Microsoft be able to come up with something that can complete with the new Nintendo console. Can they go that much further in the power and graphics department. Or the online department. These aren'ty creative companies. What will they do?
mario kart wii 5069-4324-7830 (jeffrie)
animal crossing: city folk 4983-8436-5006 (buttle), (tomato) town

#37 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:30 AM

I wanted to hear them so bad I got hard! I measured it and my dong grew an inch! that gives me a new NPD number (nine-pulsating-divisions).

Does that mean I can wear an XL condom stateside now?

Also, I hope somebody can explain that enslaved story. You guys should have an aftershow about the game and tell cheapy to pound sand. It would be epic because that story sure wasn't.

Edited by serenitygod, 24 April 2011 - 04:19 PM.

#38 lowgear26

lowgear26

Marriage Kills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:00 AM

Shipwreck......you forgot Mossman.......as kids these guys were awesome.....now.....not so much sadly
You Can't handle the Truth.

#39 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:42 AM

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that Shipwreck should assert himself a bit more? He seems to be the odd man out whenever the topic doesn't have to do with new game releases (which is probably 65% of the show). I understand Cheapy needs to keep the showing going but damn, humor the guy. Just don't immediately switch topics as soon as Ship gets his two cents in. I hope the next time Cheapy does that shit to Ship, he should tell him to shut his face and listen to what I have to say.

Other than that, good show this week.

#40 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:10 PM

It's an inarguable point that Ship is the authoritative voice on the quality of any game talked about on the show. By the time he spends his two cents, there's not much else to say or talk about, so it's only natural the show should move on.

Besides, if he asserts himself too hard he might pass out.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#41 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

Shipwreck: on Twitter, you listed your favorite games of the quarter. How about favorite games of the month now that April is pretty much over? Or is that too often?

#42 crobledo4116

crobledo4116

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

Another great show! Keep it up :)

#43 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:04 PM

Keep up the poop stories! Although I have to say, I have no idea how you forgot to wipe Tai's butt. My son is not quite done potty training, and I've never forgotten to wipe. Although he used to have lots of clean getaways, which always made me think I just wasn't wiping correctly. For you non-parents out there, wiping someone else's butt is not easy. Really weird angle.

#44 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:00 AM

Wombat:

How fearful are you that having a second child will completely deplete your time for games? I always feel like if I had two, on the rare occasions that I had enough time to play, I wouldn't have the energy to play.

#45 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

Wombat:

How fearful are you that having a second child will completely deplete your time for games? I always feel like if I had two, on the rare occasions that I had enough time to play, I wouldn't have the energy to play.

It's not so much that you don't have energy - you have even less time. I have a soon-to-be 4-year-old and a 7-month old, and there is not a lot of free time. My older one is becoming much more interested in games, which is fun, but now I'm more worried about balancing his screen time with reading and physical activity. He always wants to play Mario Kart 64 now :)